PDA

View Full Version : Questions..

ThaiSoup
Nov 29, 2008, 03:46 PM
Been thinking of picking up a Playstation Portable for this game sometime soon. Because I still like PSU, but yet don't think I should be paying Segac here money for scratching themselves. So I had a couple questions for you, the community who plays it..(Mainly aimed for the people with the JP version. Since its full release. )

Q. You can use the shared box in your room in this game right? Or some way of transferring items character to character?

Q. I assume to lower item abuse. There is no drop/Trade function?

Q. How much does it cost to get XLinkKai going again? And how many of you are on a good amount and willing to help/play with a new recruit?

Q. And here would be the most important one to me, but yet most opinion based one. I saw a video and it looked likes the game lags some in battle. Does it annoy/bother you yet/still? Or you coping with it just fine?

Thanks in advanced.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Nov 29, 2008, 04:57 PM
Been thinking of picking up a Playstation Portable for this game sometime soon. Because I still like PSU, but yet don't think I should be paying Segac here money for scratching themselves. So I had a couple questions for you, the community who plays it..(Mainly aimed for the people with the JP version. Since its full release. )

Q. You can use the shared box in your room in this game right? Or some way of transferring items character to character?

Q. I assume to lower item abuse. There is no drop/Trade function?

Q. How much does it cost to get XLinkKai going again? And how many of you are on a good amount and willing to help/play with a new recruit?

Q. And here would be the most important one to me, but yet most opinion based one. I saw a video and it looked likes the game lags some in battle. Does it annoy/bother you yet/still? Or you coping with it just fine?

Thanks in advanced.

Q.1) Sadly, no. :/

Q.2) Nope no trade function. Not that I know of. Drop trades are the way.

Q.3) The easiest way to do it is getting a Wifi adaptor for your computer. (The Datel Wifi max thing works pretty good, from what I hear) And the know how to use XLinkKai, It's a pain to set up, but theres a tutorial somewhere in this section. I'm sure people will be willing to help. But it's really easy to LV up your character/PA's/Class, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Q.4) It get's a little laggy at times, but it's forgivable since it's on a portable system, and it seems to run alot smoother than say.. PS2

Hope this helps. :)

ThaiSoup
Nov 29, 2008, 10:41 PM
Bah, thats rather disappointing. Not being able to swap around items within your save. I mean yeah, 8 slots is good. But do you really wanna risk getting a drop you want on character A to drop, when on B. Might have to just follow people like EspioKaos and just go to JP PSU.

Oh, and another question.

Q. Level cap is 100 for PSP? Or is it like PSU and it will go up? Because Ive seen on here that there has been added content of some sort if I recall..

Q. How is leveling? Say in comparison to PSU? Same, quicker, slower?

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Nov 29, 2008, 11:08 PM
Bah, thats rather disappointing. Not being able to swap around items within your save. I mean yeah, 8 slots is good. But do you really wanna risk getting a drop you want on character A to drop, when on B. Might have to just follow people like EspioKaos and just go to JP PSU.

Oh, and another question.

Q. Level cap is 100 for PSP? Or is it like PSU and it will go up? Because Ive seen on here that there has been added content of some sort if I recall..

Q. How is leveling? Say in comparison to PSU? Same, quicker, slower?

Q.1) Right now the Level cap is 100, maybe it will go up when you download new content. It's pretty early for the game so, I don't know yet.

Q.2) As for leveling.. Think of it as PSU's offline. I think it is at least. I hit 100 on my main in about a week or so.

Chuck_Norris
Nov 29, 2008, 11:30 PM
It's worth noting that there IS data for a cap up to 200, and level 50 PA's. They just haven't unlocked it yet.

Mac2492
Nov 30, 2008, 09:13 PM
It's worth noting that there IS data for a cap up to 200, and level 50 PA's. They just haven't unlocked it yet.

How do you know this? That's pretty exciting information!

ThaiSoup
Nov 30, 2008, 11:15 PM
O rly?

So basically. It has all the PSU missions, weapons + more. Will have patches + Downloadable content. The only downsides I'm seeing is 4 people party limit( but who really needs more) and some Lag. Sounds like the PSU we should had gotten from the start lol

And I think my final question about this would be.. If/When I get a psp for this game. Can I get the site for the EN patches, and or manual updates for this game? Or update wise, do I have to start it up, check for updates or what?

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Dec 1, 2008, 01:50 AM
O rly?

So basically. It has all the PSU missions, weapons + more. Will have patches + Downloadable content. The only downsides I'm seeing is 4 people party limit( but who really needs more) and some Lag. And not xfering between characters. Sounds like the PSU we should had gotten from the start lol

And I think my final question about this would be.. If/When I get a psp for this game. Can I get the site for the EN patches, and or manual updates for this game? Or update wise, do I have to start it up, check for updates or what?

I'm not sure about what Chuck said. But I would be less than surprised if this were true.

It has MOST of the content unlocked. I mean UNLOCKED. You can get Sange and Yasha without downloading a damn thing, as for download content, theres an option in the startup screen that says "DOWNLOAD" (Yeeeaah, the title screen is in english XD) When you select download it will take you to the site where you get the patch, you pick the middle option. (I might be wrong on this one.) And it will take you the download page. And bam, you're done. :D

el33tmaikeru
Dec 1, 2008, 02:17 AM
From what I've experienced, what contributes to lag is:

1) Multi-mode (soloing or with a party). There's a split second delay from hit to damage count. Same goes to damage to your character. If you're fast enough you can get a last resort Dimate instead of wasting a Scape Doll

2) The more party members you have (either CPU controlled or human) you'll have lag. It's the same online (PSU)

3) The flashier skills sometimes get lagged. I'm running the slim PSP-2001 and I still get lag >_<

Regardless, the lag really isn't that bad. It can be used to your advantage ^_^

ThaiSoup
Dec 1, 2008, 04:01 AM
>> Sorry for the double post earlier. And also hmm...Alright I think I'm out of questions. Thank you everyone for your responses.

Mac2492
Dec 1, 2008, 02:29 PM
You can download the trial here (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/trial/step3/).
(If you haven't already gotten it...)

There is no English patch for the game, but the official NA release is coming in March. For download missions, you can go here (https://sega-pspdl.jp/pc/mission/), or download them in-game (as BomberStrife pointed out). Both methods are pretty easy.

ThaiSoup
Dec 1, 2008, 09:05 PM
You can download the trial here (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/trial/step3/).
(If you haven't already gotten it...)

There is no English patch for the game, but the official NA release is coming in March. For download missions, you can go here (https://sega-pspdl.jp/pc/mission/), or download them in-game (as BomberStrife pointed out). Both methods are pretty easy.

Ah, Ty for the links. And well, I haven't picked up a PSP yet. I'm considering picking one up just to import this. As for it coming out in March...I just don't have the patience to wait for then. I've actually been playing PC offline mode to cure my itch. Not working too well though. haha