PDA

View Full Version : Chatpad for Xbox 360 doesn't work on PSU?!

jShazBot
Nov 29, 2008, 07:47 PM
Are you kidding me?! There must be something I'm doing wrong! I'm plugging the chatpad into my controller. It looks awesome, and works on the Menu stuff. But IT will not work on the PSU free trail demo...O_o Can somebody please tell me that there is just something wrong and that the Chatpad works fine with PSU. PLEASE!
Incase any of you didn't know, the Chatpad, or Messenger kit, it this really cool Keyboard made by MS that you plug into the slot in your 360 control where the Mic usually goes. The keyboard has a slot in it for a mic.

:-o:-o:-(:no::argh::argh::barf:
:sleepy: :sleepy: :wacko: :wacko:

Sekani
Nov 29, 2008, 07:49 PM
The chatpad does not work with PSU. Never has, and probably never will.

Rubius-sama
Nov 29, 2008, 07:57 PM
That is absolutely retarded. I would return that shit, and get a USB keyboard.

I use a mini USB keyboard that's 8 inches wide.

ngagerebel
Nov 29, 2008, 09:28 PM
Yup doesnt work for PSU... your better off getting a USB wireless keyboard

Kent
Nov 29, 2008, 10:24 PM
I remember posting this when the Chatpad first came out.

That is, posting that it doesn't work with PSU, and probably doesn't work with FFXI, either.

It'd be nice of it did, I suppose, but at the moment it's just great for naming Halo 3 replays and Banjo-Kazooie blueprints... And sending messages over Xbox Live. It is kind of unfortunate that it doesn't work with proprietary in-game keyboards - and apparently, it isn't compatible with Windows, either, which I think kinda sucks... I bet I can think of some fun uses for something like that.

jShazBot
Nov 30, 2008, 12:18 PM
This is so freakin stupid. -_- I've wanted one for a long time. I borrowed my friends last night and was so outraged when I tried it on the PSU free trial. *sigh* Damn, if the chatpad actually worked I would've been able to start playing PSU and typing in a position that's actually comfortable rather than sitting 2 feet away from my incredibly bright large TV. :(

Well, I'm still gonna buy it because it isn't completely useless, I need a new headset, and this is only $10 more than a regular headset and includes a headset and keyboard. I am also still planning on switching to 360 PSU during the Summer.

Zorak000
Dec 9, 2008, 10:39 AM
If it makes anyone feel better, the chatpad also does not work for FFXI, but after that is should work with all games. (hopefully including Age of Conan and Champions online)

Inazuma
Dec 9, 2008, 01:17 PM
anyone know if there are PC drivers for the chatpad available? i bought one to use for the pc ver but it just sits in my shelf, doing nothing -_-;;

i dont even own an xbox 360, orz

Sinue_v2
Dec 9, 2008, 03:05 PM
My cousin bought me a 360 Chatpad after I repeatedly told him I was happy with a USB keyboard and that I wouldn't use it. So I did give it a try, since he spent the money on it. My opinion on it hasn't change a bit. Makes the controller feel heavy and obtuse, slow, cramped, ugly, and I don't like how it shifts between capitals and lower case/symbols/etc.

I like how it glows in the dark, but unfortunately by plugging it in, it disables already attached USB keyboards. So it's collecting dust on my shelf.

Personally, I think you're better off with a USB keyboard anyhow. Unless you're one of those people who type with one finger anyway. But that's just my opinion.

If they really want to sell me a viable USB keyboard option, sell me a Voice Recognition software package so that it types what I say automatically.