PDA

View Full Version : Hmm good way to get back at wanna-be cheaters

Jaiden
Mar 2, 2001, 05:04 AM
If you're online, and someone asks you if you know how to dup items, tell them YES.

Tell them to take everything out of the bank, and put it on the ground in the principals office, (nobody ever goes there so their stuff is safe). Tell them the stock room must be completely empty for it work.

(After they've dropped all 60 items from their stock room, and the 30 items they had in their pocket, only 50 items will remain because the server will delete any items over 50)

Next, tell him to exit to the lobby and immedinately reconnect. As soon as he leaves, quit. The game will end and all his items go with it.

That should teach the bastards!

Sylvette
Mar 2, 2001, 05:18 AM
Some people might actually be stupid enough to fall for this, but you can bet they'd get online and scream that you're a cheater. "Cheater" has become the equivalent of calling someone a lamer or moron or what have you, since people do it with no evidence to support that at all.
Anyway, it's amazing how mean people get when they even smell a potential cheater. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif You really want to delete someone's entire inventory? What if you asked if there was a way to increase the rate of rare items found, and someone considered that a cheat, and suggested something that would get you killed? Some people even consider trading items cheating because you didn't earn them yourself.

And no, I don't support cheating, but all this incredible hostility toward cheaters is driving me nuts. It's like a witch hunt.

Jaiden
Mar 2, 2001, 05:29 AM
yea, I guess that would be a mean thing to do. Just because the dude just wanted to cheat doesn't mean he deserves this kind of treatment. What was I thinking!

Duh I'm the one who's saying if cheaters want to cheat, let em.

Well, last night I was online and this guy Relic1 was asking someone else if she would stay on long enough for him to logoff and reconnect because he was doing an experiement. He wanted to give a bunch of stuff to give back to his character when he reconnected and I just left.

I really, REALLY wanted to screw him over but then again, if he was duping its not like he was going to lose anything anyway.

Sylvette
Mar 2, 2001, 06:46 AM
Now in that case, if someone had asked you to stay so he could come back and dupe, I say by all means leave and let him lose that stuff. He has a backup and there's no point in helping him cheat. But to go out of your way to ruin people's games makes you nastier than the cheaters... they're not ruining your game intentionally, they just want more stuff.

Ambrai
Mar 2, 2001, 06:49 AM
Mod: Moved to Cheaters.