PDA

View Full Version : Migrenes

CrimsomWolf
Nov 30, 2008, 02:16 PM
After having one yesterday, I felt compelled to write it.

Basically a super-headache

Initially, I brushed it off as regular headaches, or that I'm over-reacting.

But as of late, they're getting more frequent and more nasty as well... And again it hurts. Particularly when I move. Even in slightest.

It sucks. It really does.

Kylie
Nov 30, 2008, 02:19 PM
Have you seen a doctor about it? Maybe it's an issue that can be treated.

CrimsomWolf
Nov 30, 2008, 02:26 PM
Hmmm... Haven't thought about it.

The thing is that I'm studying in different country, and to see a doctor... I'd have to go to hospital. So first I would need an appointment, time and some papers.

But if it will continue to persist, I might have to go anyway.

Leviathan
Nov 30, 2008, 03:13 PM
Ahh, sounds like what I had a few months ago.

Take some painkillers.
Sleep is your friend.
Eat some good food.
Tea! But I had some Peppermint tea it works, it calms you. Tastes good too.

You just need some rest. :wacko:

SStrikerR
Nov 30, 2008, 03:29 PM
Sometimes they can be triggered by certain things, which you can fix easily.

Problem
I got them by drinking too much green tea.

Solution
I stopped drinking so much green tea.

Result
I stopped getting them.

Just a thought.

CrimsomWolf
Nov 30, 2008, 03:36 PM
Hmmm.... Drinking (liquids in general) seems to ease them... as does Sleep...

The problem part may work, as recently I'm getting too many problems..

Just lovely

It might be related to fact that in regular week I'm not getting enough sleep too...

astuarlen
Nov 30, 2008, 04:32 PM
Hmmm.... Drinking (liquids in general) seems to ease them... as does Sleep...

The problem part may work, as recently I'm getting too many problems..

Just lovely

It might be related to fact that in regular week I'm not getting enough sleep too...

Yup, lack of sleep, dehydration, and stress are probably the most common factors in migraines, whether they're headaches, auras/"light shows", dizzy spells, or any combination thereof. Some chemicals or foods might also contribute, usually varying on a person-to-person basis.
Good luck getting 'em to go away. Seems like we get a new headache rant every month.

Aisha379
Nov 30, 2008, 05:19 PM
I've also been suffering migraines for a long time, but I've yet to figure out the cause even after trying some things.

Got an MRI, nothing there.

Got some pills, they just made me worse and extremely dizzy.

Hopefully you can figure out whats bugging you. Mine are particularly vicious because I can nap for 3 hours and my head will still hurt when I wake up. Or I'll already have a headache right when I wakeup...so although stuff like sleep usually helps, it doesn't always. (At least in my case)

Sidney
Nov 30, 2008, 06:53 PM
Definitely go see a neurologist! I know you're in another country, but maybe try to do so when you get back home?

DreXxiN
Dec 1, 2008, 03:53 AM
Drink some caffeine while doing some light excercises, but balance it with water.

Make sure you don't habitually grind your teeth.

Apply something cold to your head.

Rust
Dec 1, 2008, 07:01 AM
Never got any migraine ; just headaches due to fever when I was sick, but that's a lot different.
Like others said in this thread, I'd suggest you'd get more sleep during weeks (if possible, maybe your schedules don't even allow it), and if your head still hurts and you have to stay in that other country for quite a long time, get the papers and an appointment for the hospital.

I can pretty much stare at screens for hours even when I have fever or without having slept at all, and not having any kind of headaches. But that combined to reading books in the obscurity seriously damaged my far sight, on the other hand. :wacko:

DreXxiN
Dec 1, 2008, 08:48 PM
Anywho, the reason why my old "tip" CAUSES the symptoms is generally people squint while doing so, which stresses the nerves behind the eye, causing headaches/migraines.

Alnet
Dec 1, 2008, 09:35 PM
Argh, migraines. I get them fairly often because I love eating spicy foods, and I don't drink enough liquids. Sometimes, even drinking more than enough water doesn't seem to stop them from coming, though, but that's my own chemistry.

DreXxiN
Dec 2, 2008, 07:04 AM
I'm tellin' ya man, the mystery migraines are all about the teeth grinding that you aren't noticing. xD