PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best way to beat Howzer?

Delete
Dec 1, 2008, 09:33 PM
Im no noob, i know to not run into megid... but this battle really is tough. Trying to look for the resist obviously but i got owned the first time, while using my 10/10 bulletdance lvl 40 light bullets. His megid is faster it seems and though i was dogding them all, one hit me and i got killed. Those salamis dont help either with there friggin lvl 2 megid that seems to kill me alot more then lvl 3. So, is there a weapon that works better? Twin pistols im guessing, but lemme know. Also, i dont think fighters or techers can beat him, since you gotta be close if your a fighter, or just the amount of time it takes to cast a spell for techers.

This is A rank to btw, hes like a lvl 160.

ChaosAngel92
Dec 1, 2008, 09:43 PM
How to beat it? Well other than playing Touhou for praticing the evading of a bullet hell (If you dont understand this don't worry). I guess its just practice, and practice and practice.

Indeed, Twin Handguns are my first weapon at the moment of choosing.
Even if you have a pair of good guns, and some nice levels on your bullets, it can be still hard I guess. You need to learn how to turn the camara quick in order to aim Salamis withouth loosing time.
Put yourself all the buffs before entering the battle and be sure to have every kind of healing items on at hand.

Other than that, I guess I cant be of any more use.
My character's level at that time it was like 13X, with light bullets from 31 to 40. My weapon was Arb Boa 5/10.

str898mustang
Dec 1, 2008, 09:44 PM
lvl31+ light rifle

Delete
Dec 1, 2008, 09:47 PM
Hes still tough though, salamis didnt kill me, i suv d them.... he just has so much darn hp.

ashley50
Dec 1, 2008, 10:07 PM
Techer type...Kill those megid throwers, then focus on howzer.
Fighter type...same as above.
Gunner type...again, same.

I use weapons accordingly to the situation and class im playing as.
Never had any problem beating him even if on JP (which i had less 'good' weapons compared to my US account)

just kill his minions focus then focus on howser :l

Tyreek
Dec 1, 2008, 10:18 PM
For some visual aspiration, I'm placing my video of my fight against him. Hope it's not too slow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=740TrAklW9U

Pay attention to his movements, but most importantly, pay attention to what he says. It'll help predict what he'll do. And as ashley50 said, kill the Delp Slamis first.

Delete
Dec 1, 2008, 10:39 PM
Ok thanks, ill try again.

desturel
Dec 1, 2008, 11:54 PM
Techer type...Kill those megid throwers, then focus on howzer.

Techer type doesn't have to worry about the Slami. Megid should be reduced to zero if you are a human or neuman acro/fortetecher (I've done enough runs that this should be the case for anyone). I'm pretty sure I was taking zero as guntecher as well, but I only did guntecher as my neuman so I don't know if human is reduced to zero.

As for the original question:

Techer Type = Foie and resta. If you have your timing down, nosdiga and resta.
Fighter Type = Spinning Strike / Bogga Robado / Renzan Seiden-ga
Gunner Type = Rising Shot / Barada Yoga / Yak Yoga

darkante
Dec 1, 2008, 11:54 PM
I feel the Rifle and Twin Handgun works pretty well.

The stun makes in for a good couple of hits before he breaks free.
Otherwise, a quick camera view change is the ticket to victory for T.Handguns.

biggabertha
Dec 2, 2008, 12:10 AM
Eh? There's no mention of Barada Yoga in here at all!

Barada Yoga kills off the Delp Salamis quickly and then all you need to do then is stay REAAAAAAL nice and close to Howzer. Any kind of evasion, you'll get rewarded by a nice and quick shot at him with a Just Countered Shotgun!

If you think Shotgun is too dangerous though (I did it as a Protranser first time with Barada Yoga), then just use Yak Yoga. That's probably a lot safer and a lot more damaging than a Machinegun. You're about the same range anyway.

desturel
Dec 2, 2008, 12:14 AM
Eh? There's no mention of Barada Yoga in here at all!

Two posts up. :)

Turb0
Dec 2, 2008, 03:36 AM
As a FF, I took out the slamis as soon as they appeared and then used assault crush the whole time. You kind of take a beating but at least it usually only took 4 mins or so. Sometimes if you don't JA and just do it as fast as you can, you can knock Howzer down and then JA and repeatedly knock him down with the 3rd part before he has a chance to get up.

thunder-ray
Dec 2, 2008, 04:51 AM
As a FF, I took out the slamis as soon as they appeared and then used assault crush the whole time. You kind of take a beating but at least it usually only took 4 mins or so. Sometimes if you don't JA and just do it as fast as you can, you can knock Howzer down and then JA and repeatedly knock him down with the 3rd part before he has a chance to get up.I agree assault crush with a fighter is the fastest way to kill him.

Arada
Dec 2, 2008, 05:52 AM
Easy way for techers: Regrant.

I didn't get hit once during the whole battle (the Delp Salimi deal 0 damage).

DreXxiN
Dec 2, 2008, 06:54 AM
Wear a De Colt Line.

GG Howzer.

desturel
Dec 2, 2008, 07:51 AM
Easy way for techers: Regrant.

Regrant was too slow for me. Took an average of 6~7 minutes with regrant. It was normally 5 minutes with foie or nosdiga. Sure that doesn't sound like much, but when you are doing 300 plus runs and have to sit through that annoying cut scene for the 200th time, you'll want the run to go as fast as possible.

Arada
Dec 2, 2008, 01:00 PM
I said "easy", not 'fast' ;)

Darius_Drake
Dec 2, 2008, 03:04 PM
Never tried this fight with my gunner or techer, but it is an easy fight with my fighter. I just use Bogga Robado. When the Delp Slami's show up kill them first then focus on Howzer as the earlier posters' said. Before you know it you will be done. The biggest pain is getting to the fight since you can't really skip over all of the talking.

biggabertha
Dec 2, 2008, 04:31 PM
Two posts up. :)

Ohhh..... Oops... well, when I was posting, your message wasn't around, okay?!

>.<!!! It really wasn't....

funnymatt
Dec 2, 2008, 08:04 PM
As a ForteTecher, I found nosdiga most useful. I used a 30% Serafi-Senba, and was able to dodge Howzer's megid easily enough (especially since he yells "megid" when he's about to shoot it). The Salmis weren't tough at all, their megid does 0 damage so no chance of incapacitation. Nosdiga can hit 3 times on howzer, and sometimes will stun him as well (that's pretty rare, though). Now that after 150+ runs I have a vijeri/resist I'm sure it would be even easier. ;-)

hunterseifer
Dec 3, 2008, 05:17 AM
as a fighter take out the slami's then howser, what I did was nano (invincible) killed slami's then used majarra on howser. Majarra is best to me as long you know how to position yourself(otherwise he knocks you down), a other skill is assault crush, probably easiest pa to use against him.

desturel
Dec 3, 2008, 10:49 AM
Now that after 150+ runs I have a vijeri/resist I'm sure it would be even easier. ;-)

His megid still does a ton of damage. It's nice to know for sure he won't 1hko, but I still play him the same as when I didn't have a Vijeri.

Hrith
Dec 3, 2008, 10:52 AM
Yak Yoga, Barada Yoga work well for killing it fast.

Rising Shot if it's causing you too much trouble.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 3, 2008, 06:12 PM
My Nova did it with Rising shot lv40. She has high enough STA to resist most of the megids. Use shotgun for the other enemies.

Kumlekar
Dec 4, 2008, 12:50 PM
How to beat it? Well other than playing Touhou for praticing the evading of a bullet hell (If you dont understand this don't worry). I guess its just practice, and practice and practice.

Indeed, Twin Handguns are my first weapon at the moment of choosing.
Even if you have a pair of good guns, and some nice levels on your bullets, it can be still hard I guess. You need to learn how to turn the camara quick in order to aim Salamis withouth loosing time.
Put yourself all the buffs before entering the battle and be sure to have every kind of healing items on at hand.

Other than that, I guess I cant be of any more use.
My character's level at that time it was like 13X, with light bullets from 31 to 40. My weapon was Arb Boa 5/10.

... I tried that, but touhou made me want to kill myself after dying on the first level. (Imperishable night, I can get to the SECOND level in Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil, both in lunatic)

Its true though that this mission proves Twin Handguns > Rifles. I guess the other thing would be remembering that the salamis, have a minimum range on megid (not on barta though, so bring a freeze resist)

Hrith
Dec 4, 2008, 01:12 PM
Its true though that this mission proves Twin Handguns > Rifles.XDDD
hahahahahahahahaha
Oh god, I cannot believe someone actually posted that.

Yeah, lower damage, lower range, lower accuracy (he has insane EVP) and no knockdown make twin handguns totally better, there.

desturel
Dec 4, 2008, 01:42 PM
Its true though that this mission proves Twin Handguns > Rifles.

:???:

I don't know how this mission would prove or disprove anything. In all of my runs of the Howzer story mission, I never used twin handguns. Not once.

Just because you use a different play style that relies on twin handguns does not mean that twin handguns are the best weapon to use in that given situation. In the same way my never using twin handguns in a situation that you need to use twin handguns in does not prove that my style is automatically superior to yours. It's just different.

Lind Lawliet
Dec 4, 2008, 10:31 PM
When did they put Ansem into this game!?!?!

Oh yeah, best way to say this.
Don't die.

iTrYHarD
Dec 15, 2008, 08:56 AM
Bogga Zubba pa the knuckle pa will kill the salami's in one hit, then I did that on howzer then went invicn beast killed pretty easily.

NiceOnes
Mar 16, 2009, 03:30 PM
I'm about to fight him for the first time. As a level 115 Masterforce. I take it this might not go well....

Lol.

**EDIT**

It went just fine. Took me three tries to beat him as every attack he has basically one hits me. Agreed that that was the "hardest" part of the game to date, however still pretty damn easy!

Nothing dropped BTW!

mvffin
Mar 17, 2009, 01:56 AM
Tornado Dance.

>_>

ZeroKamikaze
Mar 17, 2009, 04:00 PM
Tornado Dance.

>_>

I guess that works but if you can get him into a corner you can destroy him with Spiral dance, plus Spiral expends less photon than tornado and, while not as powerful, can hit more times.

long story short, for a fight with a double saber, just use Spiral Dance.