PDA

View Full Version : PS0 or PSP

JingleJangs
Dec 4, 2008, 11:12 AM
so got ds and psp. Debating if i should get both. I feel like both would b ean over kill. Leaning more towards PS0 since i dont have a ps3 currently and dont want to mess with XlinkKai or whatever. any opinions.

Shiroyu
Dec 4, 2008, 11:24 AM
Currently, IMO, Zero looks like it's going to be a heck of a lot better than Portable.

Risingsun
Dec 4, 2008, 11:47 AM
why not both? They will probably be coming out a few months apart anyway. Im gonna use PSP to kill time until the better game comes out, PS0.

Niered
Dec 4, 2008, 11:54 AM
With PSP youre basically getting PSU.

With PSZ, youre getting an updated PSO.

Which one did you have more fun playing? That should pretty much decide for you. Im gonna go ahead and say that most people have fonder memories of PSO than PSU, so PSZ seems a bit more interesting to me at least.

JingleJangs
Dec 4, 2008, 12:15 PM
Only Played PSU, and i have played the demo of PSP. It seems faster than PSU but yes overall the same. If Z is going to be diffrent, and like you said, everyone seems to prefer PSO i think im leaning more towards just Zero. Then again if it doesnt come out until late next year why not both.

NEOxSNIPER
Dec 4, 2008, 12:24 PM
well i love both pso and psu, so ill be getting both

Saphion
Dec 4, 2008, 12:51 PM
Here's the thing. As you've posted this question in the Phantasy Star Zero subforum, effectively all replies will be suggesting you buy Phantasy Star Zero.

If you were to post the same question in the Phantasy Star Portable subforum, most replies would suggest you get Phantasy Star Portable.

Thankfully, it's the people in the Phantasy Star Zero subforum who have the right idea.

:P

Jepp027
Dec 4, 2008, 01:20 PM
Graphically the Phantasy Star Portable looks like I was used to in the PSO series. But I am leaning towards Phantasy Star Portable oposed to Zero. However I like the DS and the wi-fi capabilities. I will buy whichever one has the most replay value, i.e a version I can log 750+ hours on and still not be bored.

JingleJangs
Dec 4, 2008, 02:04 PM
Here's the thing. As you've posted this question in the Phantasy Star Zero subforum, effectively all replies will be suggesting you buy Phantasy Star Zero.

If you were to post the same question in the Phantasy Star Portable subforum, most replies would suggest you get Phantasy Star Portable.

Thankfully, it's the people in the Phantasy Star Zero subforum who have the right idea.

:P

deff understood, however there is no general Handheld forums :-D. And i figure there is less fanboyism in DS land than PSP. I guess it just irks me that PSP games dont have the wireless game play like the DS does. They are releasing the Ad-hoc party system but geez you have to have a ps3. I had one and sold it for lack of games. Not really lack of games but anythign i wanted to play came out on the Xbox as well.

back on topic. Im most likely going to end up getting both, however im more excited for zero than portable. Unless Zero some how comes out before or at the same time as portable. Then just zero. A release date in the US would be really nice right now.

Dragwind
Dec 4, 2008, 02:47 PM
It's all personal preference and opinion.

If you liked PSU, then PSP is like a tweaked version of PSU for on the go. If you have a bunch of local PSP players, even better (of if you enjoy using a tunneling program, go for that.)

If you're looking for something completely different and new, then you'll probably want PSZ.

Two very, very different titles.

ShadowInferno119
Dec 4, 2008, 03:03 PM
I'd go with PSŲ as a better Title. However if your going to be waiting for the English Release, then why not buy PSP to pass the time. PSŲ seems like its going to provide a ton of replay value, with hours of gameplay. Which is what I'm hoping for.

However I plan on buying a PSP, to pass the time of the English release. While I also play PSŲ (the Jap Version) to get rare items and get familiar when the English release comes.

JingleJangs
Dec 4, 2008, 03:14 PM
im debating importing PSZ. However not knowing the language has me being catious.

Kent
Dec 4, 2008, 08:47 PM
Well...

Currently, there's a higher probability that Phantasy Star Zero will be a better purchase - mostly due to the fact that how good Phantasy Star Zero may be is still largely unknown. Phantasy Star Portable, if it's like Phantasy Star Universe, will most likely not be a very good purchase for most people.

Epically Leet
Dec 5, 2008, 10:04 AM
Don't have a PSP, and therefore... I'd say PSZ.

Akaimizu
Dec 5, 2008, 11:13 AM
(Playing with Dark Helmut doll): Well, you know that PS nuts are attracted to PS0 and PSP...and I have both...and you know it.

(Man enters room): Dark Helmet!

(Dark Helmut): What?! Knock!! Knock next time!

(Man): I'm sorry sir.

(Dark Helmut): Did you see anything?

(Man): No! I didn't see you playing with your handheld gadgets and dolls again, sir!!!

(Dark Helmut): Good!! Good!!

But to tell the truth. PSP is incredibly good, for a portable PSU game. In a lot of ways, I think they did an overall better job with the portable than the way the online game has been managed. Still, it's only been in Japan; but it's chock full of ever-growing content with a generally more streamlined, but nicely done class selection. It helps the balance immensely. I like to say, it grabs some of the great parts of PSU, and due to its nature and well-done programming, removes a lot of the issues plaging the full game.

Even said, I look forward to PS0, partially because I'm excited on this new take on a past-looking PSO-style game. However, it still looks like it'll be a game that wont replace PSP. PSP is a well-done version and port of PSU that I'm sure people will find a whole lot less to complain about, not to mention, a game that lasts forever as long as people have working PSPs to play the game with.

Shiroyu
Dec 5, 2008, 03:29 PM
Ahh, Space Balls.

Best comedy film ever, next to Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood.

I guess it can be summed up like this:
If you prefer to play single-player, go with PSP. If you prefer to play multi-player, go with PSŲ. However, keep in mind that Zero will have a good single-player mode as well.