PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the public!

afterthoughtz
Dec 4, 2008, 03:57 PM
A few questions i would like to ask, some rather funny, others maybe quite offensive so i apologize in advance:-?

#1. Why is it every 400 pound girl on myspace has "Baby Girl" as profile name??

#2. Why do people keep going out with the same guy or girl after being dumped 200 times by her/him when he/she promises to love them...for the 200th time??

#3. Why do people get married to another person thast been divorced 5 times, thinking their gonna be the exception to their piss poor relationship experience??

#4. Why is it that the majority of overweight people whine about being overweight, yet sit in front of the tv watchin brady bunch and eating large meatlovers pizza??

#5. Why is it that girls whine about guys mistreating them on xbox live then when one goes to defend them, they chew him out saying he's tryin to hook up with her

#6. Why do guys go all rambo phyco whenever a girl joins the lobby or game??

#7. Why is it that my friends get all the rares in psu?? (lol)

#8. Why is it that that certain person you dont like, wants to be your best friend??

#9. Why is it they cant get the hint?? (lol)

#10. Why is it that you (so called, "cool" people) sit online on a firday night talkin abotu how much of a life you have, hello its friday night, biggest party night and yet you sit here playin psu instead??

Anyways that pretty much sums it up! Some questions are meant to be comical and others "in your face" So once again, i apologize if this offends someone, yet we can i look and so how retarded people are when it comes to thoes questions, and if your offended, that means your prolly in one of thoes situations now and you shpould ask yourself the question of "why did i":-P

Kesubei
Dec 4, 2008, 04:10 PM
#1. Because they see themselves as cute, or they were given the nick name by a friend.

#2. Because they still want to be with that person, even if certain emotions run high. If they really wanted to move on, they would have.

#3. Because emotion can easily overtake rational thought. Also, most people don't plan that far ahead; what's important is how they feel right now.

#4. Because exercise is more work and more stressful than enjoying yourself. While there are some who simply cannot stop eating due to disorders and such, most people remain overweight because they're happy in their decadence.

#5. Either they're just griefing, or they're paranoid against anyone being nice to them on Xbox Live - perhaps, as they should be.

#6. They guys who do this just aren't mature enough to handle themselves around women, or they're just griefing.

#7. Luck.

#8. Because there are qualities about you that they like.

#9. Because you don't tell them outright.

#10. Having a 'life' means living a life that you want. People who want to sit up playing PSU on weekends are having just as much fun as those who hit the clubs on the weekend.

Vanzazikon
Dec 4, 2008, 04:12 PM
I have the answer to all of those questions. It's just simply is.

Kylie
Dec 4, 2008, 04:21 PM
Got me. Guess they want to.
Love is complicated, and it depends on the circumstances.
Same as number two.
They're addicted to food as a way to deal with whatever.
They just want to remind you they're girls on the Internet.
Some guys think girls are more interesting, or they're desperate.
They're just luckier than you. No one's out to get you.
Depends. Maybe rejection fuels their affection.
Same as number eight.
Dunno who you mean. I don't do that. :lol:

I also want to stress that not everyone falls into those stereotypes you asked about. Not all girls overreact to guys trying to talk to them online, not all guys fawn over girls in the lobby, etc.

afterthoughtz
Dec 4, 2008, 04:40 PM
I have the answer to all of those questions. It's just simply is.Actually, this is the most logical answer so far. And kylie, its alright, i'm usually home on friday nights playin psu sometime or other 2:-)

Also some of the answers you guys gave, are the exact reasons why i asked thoes questions in the 1st place lol, lets face it, Kesubei, your answer for number 4, sure i agree its alot more work, but if they dont wanna do that i dont want to hear them whine about their weight.

Both kylie & Kesubei, your answers for number 2 & 3, surely, if your ex dumped you, then wanted you back, sure by all means get back together, heck maybe even for the 3rd time, but when they come back for the 4th and 5th and 6th time, promising that things will be different (they've promised this alll other time to) you cant really believe they will do, look at the track record they have, its not gonna be different.

Also i dont mean everyone is exactly how i put them, but there is a decent majority that are:)

Kylie
Dec 4, 2008, 04:48 PM
Tonight will be the first time I've played PSU in almost two months, and I've never let it get in the way of my social life. I can't recall ever bragging about it either... :-P As for two and three, I HATE getting back together with someone after breaking up with them because everything is so awkward after that. It has happened though (not to that excessive extent), and I do know some people that like bumpy relationships like that. Not that I understand why.

Syl
Dec 4, 2008, 05:14 PM
It's always made me turn my head to the side. It's better than those "lookitme I R UGLY" ones that call out for "Nah you're pretty" comments.

#2. Why do people keep going out with the same guy or girl after being dumped 200 times by her/him when he/she promises to love them...for the 200th time??
I'm guilty of this one. Three different relationships and I always fell for it. I'm not quite sure what it is, but when you love someone you always want to give them a chance. Hell, each and every time she would always come back, and like an idiot, I'd take her back. Though I've kind of gotten really fed up with it so... <_<

#3. Why do people get married to another person thast been divorced 5 times, thinking their gonna be the exception to their piss poor relationship experience??
Thing about love. It's about taking that chance and making the best of it. Least, that's how I've always seen it. If you're judging them by that already then why are you considering it in the first place? O_o

#4. Why is it that the majority of overweight people whine about being overweight, yet sit in front of the tv watchin brady bunch and eating large meatlovers pizza??
Most want immediate solutions. Working out and changing your diet takes forever, so all they do is cry moar about it. It's the same with lots of stuff lol.

#5. Why is it that girls whine about guys mistreating them on xbox live then when one goes to defend them, they chew him out saying he's tryin to hook up with her
Gotta love that double standard paranoia. It's their fault if they think that way, but I wouldn't put it past them for thinking that, considering a lot of guys are like that.

It's pretty funny that you see this a lot in games but imagine if it was like that IRL? ZOMG A GIRL WALKING THE STREET HEL YEH!

It's more of a thing about common interest, or desperation. A girl that plays games, hey I play games too! Or maybe it's more on the desperation side, I dunno >_>

Well this is actually related to the fat question. If you want rares, go solo for them. Your luck may suck, but at least you'd be trying. And just like the fat people, you can't expect to gain what you want in a day.

#8. Why is it that that certain person you dont like, wants to be your best friend??
You're not letting them know how you feel, so that's your own problem.

Either you're being way too subtle, or they can't take hints.

#10. Why is it that you (so called, "cool" people) sit online on a firday night talkin abotu how much of a life you have, hello its friday night, biggest party night and yet you sit here playin psu instead??
For me "party night" was always Saturday :D

To be frank, most people do it to make themselves feel better. "HEY I R PARTY U DONT SO I HAS LYFE U DONT OLOLO" is the gist of it. But hey look, they're playing the game with you, so that's kinda null.

Kent
Dec 4, 2008, 08:09 PM
All of them have fairly obvious answers... Most of which can be boiled down to "because they're daft," with a couple exceptions.

This one, however, has a much more specific answer that most people without lives don't tend to grasp:

Assuming you'd allow basically any online game to replace "PSU" in this question: Many people who do actually have lives may not feel like going out to "party" due to the long workweek. There are also a lot of people who don't like to go "party" very often, and would much rather prefer to - surprise - relax. Also surprise: There are people who play video games to get their minds off of their responsibilities, and when your mind is no longer worried about stressful things in real life? Well, that can be pretty relaxing.

If you're only talking PSU, however, then it's probably because they're masochistic. :wacko:

And, of course, there's always the possibility that some of them are trying to make themselves appear "cool" without actually being so.

Rust
Dec 4, 2008, 09:24 PM
#1. There is a wide variety of reasons actually. Wouldn't be smart to make a generality out of it.

#2 & #3. No idea. Those kinds of relationships are going beyond my understanding, and I really don't care as long as it doesn't interfere with my own social life.

#4. They don't enjoy their condition, yet they don't have the will to get out of it (which isn't as simple as you make it sound), so they go with the easiest way of dealing with it. Some others really can't do anything about it, either from a physical disorder, or just because they don't have a fast metabolism at all. I do what you're describing, I'm barely doing any sports, yet I'm under 100 lbs. ; I used to know a guy who was very sporty, having a different sport activity almost every day and barely eating more than I did (I eat way much more now than what I used to when I was young), but should he eat something a bit too much loaded with grease or sugar and he would gain weight. So yeah.

#5. Because most of the time it's true. You can't blame most of them because that really is this way on games. I won't deny there are also ones who are complete paranoids over everything, or who really have big issues. Those ones need to chill out, really.

#6. You're on an online game, hence, there's a lot of kids at puberty. That's just the way it is.

#7. They bewitched you with a curse of ill fortune. Change your friends.

#8. Either you have good sides they really like, or they're trying to piss you off even more.

#9. Lack of braincells, blind love or unbalanced diplomacy from your side.

#10. First, I never considered Friday night as a party night. Around here, it's very common to hold parties on Saturdays.
Second, having a life =/= going to parties. I have next to no fun in those kinds of parties with a huge crowd and more than half of the people you don't know because they are friend of friends of friends of people who got invited, or stuff like that. So I don't see why I should go out to parties I'm not enjoying at all just for the sake of "having a life".
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'd rather stay at home all days and do nothing. But my conception of a party in which I have fun is some kind of gathering with no more than 7 or 8 people at best, where everyone know each other. The only parties I go with more people than that are usually for the New Year, and still I know everybody there.
People are enjoying their life in their own way, not necessarily by clubbing or going to huge crazy parties every weekend ; you wouldn't say to someone reading a book or watching movies rather than clubbing he doesn't have a life, so why playing an online game would be different ?
Even when enjoying parties, in some cases (like mine), you just can't do it the way you want. All of my friends are at best reachable through one hour of driving, and we pretty much all have different schedules due to our respective studies or jobs. It's nearly impossible to gather together more than once or twice a month, so the rest of time, internet is my best bet to keep in touch with them and having social relationships with other people. That's not making a "no-life" out of me ; I still enjoy going out when I have the chance to (and that usually is a blast).

CelestialBlade
Dec 5, 2008, 01:06 PM
No no no. The answer to all of them is "because people are stupid."

Aisha379
Dec 5, 2008, 01:08 PM
No no no. The answer to all of them is "because people are stupid."

This.

And yes, that includes #7 as well.

Vanzazikon
Dec 5, 2008, 03:00 PM
And yes, that includes #7 as well.So stupidity affect rares? That's a new statistic for me. :wacko:

afterthoughtz
Dec 5, 2008, 04:53 PM
So stupidity affect rares? That's a new statistic for me. :wacko:
Which would be why i never get any....:-x

Alnet
Dec 5, 2008, 09:23 PM

1.) Unrealistic self-image.

2.) Unrealistic expectations.

3.) see #2

4.) I don't know about if that's the majority. It could be a metabolic issue that they simply can't overcome and feel trapped in their own body. As for the people that really do that, the answer is laziness or defeatism, leading to a self-fulfilled prophecy.

5.) Unwarranted self-importance.

6.) Coming off of the answer to #5, where the girls may believe they're special because the ratio of girls to boys in internet gaming is skewed somewhat, guys think they've pretty much hit the jackpot when they find a girl in a game, because not only is she a she, but they share something in common.

... if you meant like angry psycho, it's misogyny, trying to keep girls out of a "man's world", or something socially backwards like that.

7.) Stop chatting so much during the missions and talk in the lobbies. And/or, stop hunting Alterazgohg. You like those Yamata-Misakis, don't you!? You already have 7 of them!! You can't even have 7 on your pallet!! GTFO WHITE BEAST NOOB!!! (lol)

8.) A desire for universal appeal. Not everyone's going to like you. Accept it and focus your attention on people that do.

9.) see #5 Some people can't imagine why everyone wouldn't want to be their friend. Or it could just be naivete. When I was younger, I was in the same position, but now I feel pretty much the opposite and don't even expect people to -not- spit in my path as I walk. Fortunately, they don't.

10.) Nobody yet has explained to me what "having a life" is, they just know that "you have no life". Until someone can tell me right out what it means, then I'm holding that term null and void.

If it means "you have no [social] life", then I'm holding that null and void. I'm not a hermit. I can tell because you are talking to me. And to be totally honest, if society has grown so homogeneous that "having a life" means I have to hang out with your crowd and do what you and everyone else do, then I'd rather not. If you're the kind of person with the (see #5 - unwarranted self-importance) to stage a verbal attack on someone for something to trivial, I'd rather not see you at all.

... and telling someone "you have no life" for playing a game while on the game itself is just lulz. I'm not even going to address that, and I'm sure you already understand why.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 6, 2008, 02:48 AM
Silly questions, serious answers.

The internet is adequately anonymous that people feel free to express their own fantasies about themselves. Simple enough. For what it's worth, no one goes out of their way to seek that sort of positive attention on the internet without a reason.
Individual causes my vary, but generally speaking, there are a great deal of people whose concept of a healthy relationship includes arguing and often abusive behaviors (this usually stems from their own parents' marriages, though there can be other factors, as well). What amazes me is how people who are prone to these sorts of relationships are attracted to eachother like magnets.
The reasons here are very closely related to those of #2. Another thing worth mentioning is that people often get married for the sake of being married, rather than having an honest to God desire to spend the rest of their lives with the person they are marrying, let alone the ability.
Genetic disorders, age, severe anatomical and medical problems aside, there are generally two reasons why a person is overweight. Either they have some subconscious need to be unattractive to the opposite sex (typically relating to a traumatic experience in their youth, the memory of which may be repressed), or they are simply spoiled. The specific case of the behavior you describe (whining about their weight while engaging in effortless entertainment and gorging themselves), I would expect that the individual is simply spoiled.
Feminism.
Possibly because they feel threatened by female aggression into their perceived masculine territory.
There are a lot of them and only one of you. By simple odds, you are individually less likely to receive a rare than the others are as a group. I.E., in a party of 6, there is a 1 in 6 chance that you will receive the rare, while there is a 5 in 6 chance that it will go to someone who is not you. Every individual in the party faces the same odds.
Possibly because he's already been rejected by most of the others he's encountered, and you were regretfully the one to treat him in some respectful manner. Be an ass outright, and he'll eventually leave you alone.
You're trying to express hints to a socially inept person. He likely has an idealized concept of you, and until you shatter that idealization, he'll continue to return. If he is excessively persistent and continues to apparently attribute desirable behavior to you despite clear opposition, he may have a form of schizophrenia.
To some people, socialization is more convenient over a digital medium, such as online games, forums, IRC and messaging software. Also, an individual's work schedule may offset their "weekend" to any two days of the week, sometimes even including consecutive days. Surviving that, an individual may simply not be interested in heavy social drinking or other forms of "partying", for any of a wide variety of reasons. They can do it for healthy reasons (simply being basically responsible), or for unhealthy reasons (sociophobia).

Seority
Dec 11, 2008, 09:15 AM
Why are people people?

Alnet
Dec 11, 2008, 12:07 PM
Because someone told them they were. :wacko:

DreXxiN
Dec 11, 2008, 07:30 PM
LOL @ #1.

So true, Gahahaha.