PDA

View Full Version : New Info for this Forum (12/4)

ShadowInferno119
Dec 4, 2008, 11:35 PM
I guess Espio translated this before, and posted it else where, some info that I haven't seen around here but goes in to great detail. And answer's some questions.

Thanks Espio!

Main menu
* Items
-- Consumable goods
-- Weapons
-- Armor
-- Special (for things like Grinders)

* Equipment
-- Weapons
-- Armor

* Action palette
-- You can assign items, etc. to the A, B and Y buttons.
-- A second set can be assigned to R+A, R+B and R+Y.

* MAG
-- Give item (It seems you can feed your MAG up to five items in one stack. They were unable to confirm the time restriction between feedings.)
-- Remove (puts your MAG in your inventory)

* Techniques
-- Attack types
--- Foie family (charged version confirmed)
--- Barta family (charged version confirmed)
--- Zonde family (charged version confirmed)
--- Light-type (elemental family exists, but was not available)
--- Dark-type (elemental family exists, but was not available)
-- Recovery types
--- Resta family (charged version confirmed)
--- Resurrection (existence confirmed, but was not available)
--- Attack/defense up (existence confirmed, but was not available)
--- Attack/defense down (existence confirmed, but was not available)

* Quest
-- The demo version had nothing here.

Character menus
Page 1
* Character level
* Total EXP gained
* EXP required to hit next level
* Meseta

Page 2
* HP (current/max HP)
* PP (current/max PP) - This decreases with the use of photon arts and techniques. Unlike PSU, you do not recover PP naturally.
* ATP
* DFP
* ATA
* EVA
* TP

Page 3
* Fire resistance
* Ice resistance
* Lightning resistance
* Light resistance
* Dark resistance

Page 4
* Materials (total mats used/max mats that can be used) - Each race has a particular limit to the number of materials they can use. Humans can use 100, newmans can use 80 and CASTs can use 80.
* Power ... (number of mats used)
* Guard ... (number of mats used)
* Hit ... (number of mats used)
* Swift ... (number of mats used)
* Mind ... (number of mats used)

MAGs
Page 1
* ATP (base ATP/adjusted ATP)
* DFP (base DFP/adjusted DFP)
* ATA (base ATA/adjusted ATA)
* TP (base TP/adjusted TP)

Page 2
* Level
* Synchro rate
* Power gauge (increase when fed certain items)
* Guard gauge (increase when fed certain items)
* Hit gauge (increase when fed certain items)
* Mind gauge (increase when fed certain items)

Page 3
* Photon Blast (This feature didn't seem to be available in the demo.)
* Personality (Like partner machines, MAGs will have unique personalities. One such was said to cause the MAG to cast support techniques before a boss battle.)

Weapons
Page 1
* ATP or TP
* ATA
* Required level (Unlike PSO and PSU, requirements seem to be based on level, not particular stats.)
* HH HR HF CH CR NH NF (These represent who can use particular items. Each one identifies a race and occupation. For example, HH = human Hunter, CR = CAST Ranger and NF = newman Force.)
* Star rarity

Page 2
* Native (attribute value)
* Beast (attribute value) - Assumed to be like A.Beast from PSO.
* Machine (attribute value)
* Dark (attribute value)
* Hit adjustment (attribute value)

Page 3
* Element
* Photon art or technique's name
* ATP or TP
* ATA

Weapon types
* Spears
* Sabers
* Rifles
* Machineguns
* Cannons
* Rods (you can physically attack with them)
* Wands (you can physically attack with them)

Armor
Page1
* DFP
* EVP
* Slots (It seems that PSO's free slot style is used as opposed to PSU's fixed style.)
* Required level
* Who can equip it (indicated by race/job abbreviations)
* Rarity

Page 2
* Fire resistance
* Ice resistance
* Lightning resistance
* Light resistance
* Dark resistance

Action palette
* Normal attack
* Heavy attack
* Quick evade
* Monomate
* Dimate
* Trimate
* Monofluid
* Difluid
* Trifluid
* Star Atomizer
* Sol Atomizer
* Moon Atomizer
* Telepipe
* Trap Vision
* Heat Trap (CAST only; causes burn.)
* Ice Trap (CAST only; causes freeze.)
* Light Trap (CAST only; causes confusion.)
* Heal Trap (CAST only; recovers HP.)
* Foie (Human, newman only)
* Barta (Newman only)
* Zonde (Newman only)
* Resta (Newman only)

Normal and heavy attacks
* Normal attacks have low power, but allow you to recover from the attack animation more quickly.
* Heavy attacks have high power, but leave you open with a longer attack animation.
* You do not recover PP with successful strikes against enemies.
* PSO's three-hit combo with ranges weapons returns. However, it has evolved quite highly. There are two ways of shooting. One will auto-aim you to the nearest enemy (I'm assuming kind of like how techniques would automatically lock on) and the other is the ability to crouch down and shoot so that you remain stationary.

Charged attacks
* You can invoke charged attacks only from the action palette.
* The charge time, PP consumption, power and animation for charged normal and heavy attacks is the same.
* All techniques are used through the action palette.
* Traps are likely used from the action palette, but this was not confirmed.
* You charge an attack by holding down the assigned button.
* You can move normally while charging.
* You can sidestep while charging.
* You will lose your charge if you do an evasive roll while charging. In this case, PP will not be lost. Also, this is one way to cancel a charge if you no longer wish to use it or if you've missed an opportunity to use it.
* You use a charged attack by releasing the held button, thus consuming some PP.

Chain system
* The Shougai PSO staff weren't able to get details on this.

Techniques
* Techniques are cast with rods and wands.
* Humans cannot use certain techniques.
* A tech's level is displayed in the main menu.
* Foie hits one enemy. Rafoie is its charged version.
* No details on Rafoie.
* Barta's charged version is Rabarta. No details on Barta's attack patterns.)
* No details on Rabarta.
* Zonde hits one enemy. Razonde is its charged version.
* No details on Razonde.
* Resta heals only the caster. Alresta is its charged version.
* Alresta heals all party members within a certain radius.

Miscellaneous
* The party leader can boot members who misbehave.
* When a party member is accessing their menu, a speech bubble with "..." in it will appear over their head to the rest of the party.
* There are hidden traps in the fields. It is not confirmed if CASTs have the ability to see all traps without the use of a Trap Vision.

Enjoy!:-D

Percival
Dec 5, 2008, 01:04 AM
Brilliant! I like everything I see.

You can really see the effort they put into this game. It feels like a very refined version of PSO.

I like that you'll be able to keep track how many of each material you have consumed.

Now, I only hope they put as much effort into the Enemy/Weapon record feature. I'd like it to record where weapon drops and from which enemy.

raikomaru40
Dec 5, 2008, 07:26 AM
* Action palette
-- You can assign items, etc. to the A, B and Y buttons.
-- A second set can be assigned to R+A, R+B and R+Y.

What's the X button do?

ShadowInferno119
Dec 5, 2008, 03:14 PM
What's the X button do?
I remember there being a button config topic, here somewhere. Let me go check. I'll edit it when I find it.

Edit: "The X button is for the camera. X + L/R moves the camera in that respective direction."

Vanzazikon
Dec 5, 2008, 03:21 PM
Seeing how weapon and armor are the only equipment, shields are now weapons, right?

Akaimizu
Dec 5, 2008, 03:22 PM
The only oddity I see here is certain things like Foie, Barta, Zonde where it says Newman only. I would've thought the limitation would've been more to the chosen class than that. Would seem odd if you were a human force and only had one type of offensive spells you can use.

Shiroyu
Dec 5, 2008, 03:32 PM
I thought it was confirmed that HHs can use foie, barta, zonde, and resta, while FNs can use all techniques?

Also, what of HNs, RHs, and FHs?

EspioKaos
Dec 5, 2008, 04:01 PM
I guess Espio translated this before, and posted it else where, some info that I haven't seen around here but goes in to great detail. And answer's some questions.
Thanks Espio!
Oops! I thought I had posted it here, too, but it looks like I only posted it at PSUPedia.

The only oddity I see here is certain things like Foie, Barta, Zonde where it says Newman only. I would've thought the limitation would've been more to the chosen class than that. Would seem odd if you were a human force and only had one type of offensive spells you can use.
Yeah, this is older information from a demo version that was tested out in October, so stuff like the technique limitations is a bit off.

Nowhere
Dec 5, 2008, 07:35 PM
Is it just me, or is this game sounding more and more like what PSU should have been?

Kent
Dec 5, 2008, 09:45 PM
Is it just me, or is this game sounding more and more like what PSU should have been?
Pretty much, this.

However, since a lot of the information in this thread is outdated or missing, it might be worth putting together a more comprehensive version of the known information, and keep it updated.

ShadowInferno119
Dec 6, 2008, 12:18 AM
Pretty much, this.

However, since a lot of the information in this thread is outdated or missing, it might be worth putting together a more comprehensive version of the known information, and keep it updated.
This was never ment to be a forum, for the total info or anything close that add. Thats what the topic "Big List of stuff thats def. in PSZ" is for.

I was just posting this up here, since it was never added anywhere on this site, that I seen. And for those that just browse the site, then here is some info for them, since they could have missed it.

Kent
Dec 6, 2008, 03:26 AM
This was never ment to be a forum, for the total info or anything close that add. Thats what the topic "Big List of stuff thats def. in PSZ" is for.

I was just posting this up here, since it was never added anywhere on this site, that I seen. And for those that just browse the site, then here is some info for them, since they could have missed it.
So you're posting information that's outdated and/or inaccurate because... It's never been copied and pasted directly from the source forum onto this one?

You may have succeeded in that, but I think it may be a better idea to see about merging what there is here into an overall informational post that contains information about the game that is actually close to being current.

ShadowInferno119
Dec 6, 2008, 02:18 PM
So you're posting information that's outdated and/or inaccurate because... It's never been copied and pasted directly from the source forum onto this one?

You may have succeeded in that, but I think it may be a better idea to see about merging what there is here into an overall informational post that contains information about the game that is actually close to being current.
The only thing that I missed that was outdated was the tech info. And I'm sorry I missed too, don't get your panties in a knot. Its a game, and this is just a forum, you always seem to criticize what I do, I'm sorry I'm not perfect and didn't notice this or thing of that.

Niered
Dec 6, 2008, 04:10 PM
Ohshi-

I need to update the "Big list of stuff that is definitely in PSZ" thread for the first time in forever dont I?

Nowhere
Dec 6, 2008, 07:27 PM
I don't see anything wrong with posting info like this outside of the big list. Sure it's old, but it really put some things in perspective for me, and scanning the big list for changes every time is no fun at all. (Of course it should still be updated.)

I really don't see what the all the fuss is about. It's not like this info was posted without proper context or anything.

ShadowInferno119
Dec 6, 2008, 09:57 PM
I don't see anything wrong with posting info like this outside of the big list. Sure it's old, but it really put some things in perspective for me, and scanning the big list for changes every time is no fun at all. (Of course it should still be updated.)

I really don't see what the all the fuss is about. It's not like this info was posted without proper context or anything.
Thank you nowhere. ^.^

Glad this thread wasn't as useless as kent was suggesting.

Sorry to any of those that got confused by the way.