PDA

View Full Version : Humm, it took a week for Sega to reply, BUT

Yurika
Feb 5, 2003, 09:59 AM
I just got a letter from a person instead of a bot, and it's asking for info and says they're trying to find out about it.

Thank you for e-mailing Sega Technical Support.

I do apologize for the inconvenience with Phantasy Star Online for the Gamecube,
we are currently looking into this issue. To help us speed up the process,
please provide the following information:

Your Name:
Phone Number:
Your email address:
Date problem first occurred:
PSO serial number:
Brand/type of memory card you are using:
Type of connection (BB/dial up modem):

Thank you for your patience and support.

Sincerely,

-Matthew
Sega of America Technical Support

Methinks they still don't have a fix for it, but at least they're not just sending the same stupid bot e-mail to me like they did on the DC. Maybe they actually do give a rot this time around?

abrader
Feb 5, 2003, 10:20 AM
ummm thats the same form email they send to everyone.

Yurika
Feb 5, 2003, 10:34 AM
Huh. I always got a different one, basically the same as the DC, where it was basically a mail linking to all the FAQ pages. Any time I replyed saying the problem wasn't on the FAQs, I never got anything back. I guess I can't get excited then. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

abrader
Feb 5, 2003, 10:52 AM
Well im excited.

Ill be playin it again on XBOX soon.

Celes152
Feb 5, 2003, 12:06 PM
I got the same thing then nothing after that. XP

LollipopLolita
Feb 5, 2003, 12:30 PM
yea, sorry to disappoint, that's the normal response.

Buuyon
Feb 5, 2003, 12:37 PM
Yea see the Xbox will die faster then gamecube because its already dieing in japan.

thewiredknight
Feb 5, 2003, 01:52 PM
Hmm...I didn't get quite that, I have class in five minutes so I don't have time to get my letter and paste it here, but generally if you send them something more specific than "I got FSOD" that requires another response they will give you one.

JordanLund
Feb 5, 2003, 02:00 PM
I went round and round with "Matthew" at Sega technical because I couldn't connect at all (#102 cannot connect to DNS Server.) I've never seen a more worthless technical department. All the information they had about their own server operations (ping times, tracert's) came from ME!

The end result was after 2 weeks I killed my Hunters License. There was no point paying for something I couldn't use.

- Jordan

Yurika
Feb 5, 2003, 03:59 PM
heh. ^_^ Ten bucks says "Matthew" is the pet name they gave their server or something. I got a reply faster then anything when I sent them my info, so unless they're really expedient over there, it was a bot reply from seeing certain strings of text (Stuff about forwarding the info to their tech dept. and letting me know about a fix).
*sigh* At least they did a better job of faking me on GC than they did on DC.

thewiredknight
Feb 5, 2003, 07:21 PM
I got this once, slightly different.

Dear Mr. Thordsen,

We have received some reports of this issue, and are currently investigating. We
will make an announcement at http://www.sega.com on the message boards once we have
more information available. If you have personally experienced any problems,
please send us the following information:

Name:
Address:
Phone number:
Email address:
PSO serial number:
Brand/type of memory card you are using:

Thank you for your patience and support.

Sincerely,

-Matthew

But more importantly I got this one when I e-mailed them inquiring how aware they were of the Action Reply and its potential to screw up the game.

Dear Mr. Thordsen,

We appreciate your concerns for the PSO game server for the Gamecube. We are
aware of this device and we hope that are security software will block any
cheaters. If we experience any problems the engineers should be able to detect
these cheaters and suspend the accordingly. Please contact us at 1-716-650-6701
if we can be of further assistance. Thank you and have nice day.

Sincerely,

-Matthew

So appearently they will read it rather than just send you misscelany preprogramed response X.

Celes152
Feb 5, 2003, 07:59 PM
Hm, I mailed them about the AR, and got no reply. Maybe your chance of getting a reply is like finding a red box?

Yurika
Feb 6, 2003, 12:38 PM
On 2003-02-05 16:59, Celes152 wrote:
Hm, I mailed them about the AR, and got no reply. Maybe your chance of getting a reply is like finding a red box?

heh heh... "aw man, I got another matthew response... Those things are worse than DB sabers and evade mats, cluttering up my bank..."