PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5 demo just came out in Japan's XBL marketplace!

jShazBot
Dec 5, 2008, 07:28 PM
Title is self explanatory.

I heard when it came out earlier today that some people were simply creating XBL gold gamertags then selecting Japan as their region giving them access to japan's marketplace. Though, CaPcom fixed this with region locks and you can now only get it with a Japanese Xbox 360 I hear.
But then I also heard there still is a way for our North American or European 360's to get into the Japanese marketplace! Somebody figure this out! Or go look it up somewhere. I don't really feel like researching how to this and I don't really have that much time anyway.

Shadowpawn
Dec 5, 2008, 07:33 PM
GODDAMN IT BOY, DON'T JUST SIT HERE AND YAP YOUR GUMS! WHERE'S THE DAMN VIDEOS!

No seriously, this thread needs some videos because I want to see the gameplay. I am expecting RE4 like controls and viewpoint.

jShazBot
Dec 5, 2008, 07:42 PM
GODDAMN IT BOY, DON'T JUST SIT HERE AND YAP YOUR GUMS! WHERE'S THE DAMN VIDEOS!

No seriously, this thread needs some videos because I want to see the gameplay. I am expecting RE4 like controls and viewpoint.

Sheesh. Can't you just look it up on youtube?! Bleh. Anyway heres a source and a beautiful HD youtube vid someone uploaded of the demo. It was the first youtube video I've seen in High-definition and DAMN does it look freakin awesome on youtube in 720p. Make sure the first time you watch Re5 it's in this awesome HD.

Source:
http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/blog/post/691515/Resident_Evil_5_Demo_Out_for_Japanese_360s_Want_to _Play_it_Early_Too_bad.html#readmore
G4 is a very reliable source. Hell, they even have their own Channel on Television.
YoToob HD vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWoU65WpIJM

Shadowpawn
Dec 5, 2008, 07:57 PM
Good. I like what I see. However I felt that part was just like the beginning of RE4 (In the village.)

Kylie
Dec 5, 2008, 07:58 PM
It seems consistent with the gameplay videos I've seen, which isn't a bad thing, but I was hoping to learn more from this demo. :( I do think it's funny though that it looks like they added more white people to the village. :wacko:

jShazBot
Dec 8, 2008, 08:47 PM
I got the Demo today. All I can say is that it is incredibly short and incredibly freakin AWESOME.

Lol, seeing how little attention this topic got, you guys probably don't really care much for Resident Evil.
But you guys seriously can't judge much from just videos you have to play it yourself. It's not like Metal Gear Solid which you can basically youtube and get as awesome of an experience watching it as you would've just buying it a playing it instead. This RE already does have graphics better than MGS4 and its beginning to look like it may have a story almost as good as that of MGS's as well.
Just play it first before you judge it based on videos of it posted on youtube.

SStrikerR
Dec 8, 2008, 10:41 PM
How'd you manage to get the demo? I'm getting my 360 in less than a month (Christmas ftw) and getting live straightaway so I want to be able to try this. I didn't start playing RE till 4 came out and I'm psyched for 5, I gotta try the demo. I'm skilled in RE4 but honestly, 5 looks pretty challenging, and I LIKE IT THAT WAY.

McLaughlin
Dec 8, 2008, 11:15 PM
A friend of mine downloaded the demo off the internet (some guy uploaded it I guess), burned it to a CD and then played it from there. I've no idea where he got it from though, but I'll point him in this direction.

After FFXI's version update today I have less than 20 MB left on my HDD, so even if this were available on the NA Marketplace, I couldn't download it. It looks pretty neat though.

Zarode
Dec 8, 2008, 11:36 PM
I got the demo. A lot of fun co-op. I can see this becoming GOTY if things stay casualtastic.

jShazBot
Dec 9, 2008, 01:27 AM
Some random stranger mailed me on youtube. He said that he heard that I wanted the Re5 demo and in the mail he provided a Link. I was skeptical at first but then decided to check the link out. He wasn't lying and there I found these 5 files I had to download in order to get the Re5 demo. They were all zipped after they finished downloading. I later found a youtube vid of some guy burning the Re5 demo onto a disc. Following what he did by extracting all the zipped files at the same time into a folder then burning it to a disc was pretty easy and now it works on my Xbox.

Well, I haven't played it on MY xbox yet so I made my friend a copy and we both played through it the 1st time on split screen mode on his huge high-definition flat screen with his huge bass turned to the max. It was so cool and a bit scary with the bass and volume so loud that the floor shook with almost every noise. What made this first hand experience I had today with Re5 even better was that my friend I was playing with sucked really bad and kept wasting all his ammo so I had to make sure he didn't die while watching my own ass as well.
Lol we screamed like little girls as we heard the loud roar of the chainsaw maniac right behind us while were running away from him and had no ammo left until we ran into a dead end and my neck was chainsawd. Damn does this game kicks so much ass..

Kent
Dec 9, 2008, 01:38 AM
Google it.

Also, it was released last week, and it's pretty fun. It's nice to have an AI partner that isn't some ballistics-outfitted damsel-in-distress sort of thing... And moreover, an AI partner that's actually smart, watches your back, and is actually worth giving precious, precious ammo.

Saner
Dec 9, 2008, 03:52 AM
this is definitely gonna be game of the year next year. the demo itself is so addicting!!!!
and it has some things even L4D can't match (although L4D is awesome in its own way.
RE5 will be much larger, longer and much more involved.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvmiTibcVCE&fmt=22

amtalx
Dec 9, 2008, 09:19 AM
Its pretty fun. I still wish you could change the tracking speed. If I could turn faster, I would shit all over this game. :p I didn't find it particularly challenging...its just that if you make a mistake at the wrong time, its lights out.

ThePainMaker
Dec 9, 2008, 09:59 AM
Ive just seen it on GameTrailers Tv and i have to say it loooks Frikin Awsom And Freakin Scary

Kylie
Dec 9, 2008, 01:54 PM
Speaking of RE5, I'm addicted to this site: http://www.residentevil.com/kijuju

Split
Dec 9, 2008, 02:53 PM
Its pretty fun. I still wish you could change the tracking speed. If I could turn faster, I would shit all over this game. :p I didn't find it particularly challenging...its just that if you make a mistake at the wrong time, its lights out.You've got to master turning the camera in the direction you want to go and quickly aim, that lets you turn faster (or at least, it did in RE4).

Before I go upstairs and check the marketplace only to be dissappointed, is this out in NA yet?

Akaimizu
Dec 9, 2008, 02:57 PM
I think it's still just for Japan accounts.

Kent
Dec 9, 2008, 03:03 PM
I think it's still just for Japan accounts.
It is, as far as downloading it using your 360. As it was mentioned earlier, however, you can download it from the internet, burn it to a disc, and put it into your 360 to play.

Split
Dec 9, 2008, 03:09 PM
It is, as far as downloading it using your 360. As it was mentioned earlier, however, you can download it from the internet, burn it to a disc, and put it into your 360 to play.Oh, thanks man, I just downloaded the torrent nothing... :D

amtalx
Dec 9, 2008, 06:04 PM
You've got to master turning the camera in the direction you want to go and quickly aim, that lets you turn faster (or at least, it did in RE4).

Before I go upstairs and check the marketplace only to be dissappointed, is this out in NA yet?

I mean that the actual turning speed while not aiming is too slow. If I could set it how I like, there would be no need for a 180 turn command. The problem with the RE controls is that if you need to do anything short of a 180 turn, I'm literally sitting there waiting for Chris to turn.

Split
Dec 9, 2008, 09:18 PM
I mean that the actual turning speed while not aiming is too slow. If I could set it how I like, there would be no need for a 180 turn command. The problem with the RE controls is that if you need to do anything short of a 180 turn, I'm literally sitting there waiting for Chris to turn.yeah, same...personally, I would make it like dead space in terms of movement and shooting, with adjustable sensitivity.

But alas, japanese people can never make it simple...

Saner
Dec 10, 2008, 02:35 PM
but turning has been like that since the first one, people should be used to those mechanics by now, at least there is a 180 turn and other options. like 180 turn, run away, 180 turn, adjust, etc.

Kylie
Dec 10, 2008, 02:41 PM
but turning has been like that since the first one, people should be used to those mechanics by now, at least there is a 180 turn and other options. like 180 turn, run away, 180 turn, adjust, etc.
Not everyone has played the series since the first one, and that doesn't really make it okay just because it's been like that for a long time. ;-) Personally, it doesn't bother me. I don't even really consider it a problem, but I do see how it could bother some people. Still, don't think you're getting out of running RE5 with me multiple times because of this, amtalx.

amtalx
Dec 10, 2008, 03:10 PM

Except the controls also also sucked since the first one. :/ In fact, its probably the most notable thing about it, aside from the embarrassing FMV and voice acting.

@Kylie: I've accepted my fate. :p

Saner
Dec 10, 2008, 04:01 PM
lol well there are complaints on both sides, the stubborn oldschool fans are already complaining about the strafing added (comparing it with GoW, etc.) and extra melee attacks,
oh well. :p

consider that the a.i. is also adjusted to balance the controls. if people could move and shoot like in GoW, this game would be a piece of cake with the a.i. it uses.

amtalx
Dec 10, 2008, 04:42 PM
Well the fanboys (AND GIRLS) can bitch all they want. The original control scheme sucked. :p One of the main problems with zombie based games is that they are almost impossible to make challenging without doing something odd like throwing a billion of them at you (Left 4 Dead) or limiting your mobility so much that they actually pose a threat (RE). Zombies are inherently stupid so there aren't many options.

SStrikerR
Dec 10, 2008, 04:46 PM
I fail to see how a game with shuffling zombies could possibly be hard. You'd have ages to shoot, no?

Aisha379
Dec 10, 2008, 04:51 PM
I fail to see how a game with shuffling zombies could possibly be hard. You'd have ages to shoot, no?

Because your character moves like a one legged drunk all the time.

Oh, except for quick time events, of course, then they go all Matrix.

But right when thats over, back to being a one legged drunk.

At least this is how it was in RE4, I haven't played the demo to RE5 but people are saying the controls are more or less the same so...

SStrikerR
Dec 10, 2008, 04:59 PM
I played RE4, that's not what I was talking about. I was referring to the earlier RE games that some people seem to love so much. They've been saying that RE4 and 5 suck because there's no zombies. Guess they want easy mode.

Aisha379
Dec 10, 2008, 05:08 PM
Ooooooo

Well technically 4 didn't have any zombies either =S

Though actually I've never even considered RE a "zombie" game, more like "some shit happens that effects living things and some just happen to be humans".

Zombie games are more like Dead Rising and left4Dead to me, I know when I played the RE1 GC remake I was shooting more dogs and bats than what used to be people =|

Kylie
Dec 10, 2008, 05:23 PM
I played RE4, that's not what I was talking about. I was referring to the earlier RE games that some people seem to love so much. They've been saying that RE4 and 5 suck because there's no zombies. Guess they want easy mode.What? I wouldn't call the Resident Evil games with zombies easy. Admittedly, the controls are what gave the older games most of their difficulty, but I wouldn't say RE4 was any harder than them in the end. Hardcore fans want zombies, not because they're easier, but because many people got into Resident Evil just because they love zombies. Changing the whole "Shoot them in the head!" thing is what upset them.

Believe me, I'm very familiar with this subject. :-P Though, I couldn't care less myself.

Saner
Dec 10, 2008, 05:36 PM
the ganados are better than zombies, it's scary knowing shooting the advanced ones in the head, they can become even more dangerous! plus they can use weapons like those zombies in HoTD.

but ya the only annoying thing about them is their frequent talking. :p

but you know it would be interesting if a section of RE5 has a bunch of the classic gnawing and chewing type.

SStrikerR
Dec 10, 2008, 05:51 PM
Well I'm off to play some RE4 because I don't have a 360 yet. Does anyone besides me like to restart the game and play chapter 1-1 just to see how good they can do, or to try new things such as knife runs? That, and mercs, is mostly all I do now. My best Mercenaries score is about 111k with wesker in the castle, or something like that? What's yours?

jShazBot
Dec 10, 2008, 07:56 PM
the ganados are better than zombies, it's scary knowing shooting the advanced ones in the head, they can become even more dangerous! plus they can use weapons like those zombies in HoTD.

but ya the only annoying thing about them is their frequent talking. :p

but you know it would be interesting if a section of RE5 has a bunch of the classic gnawing and chewing type.

You know, I HEARD around the time Re5 was first announced that it would feature some neat things like weird mirages because you character could begin to hallucinate because of the heat and even flashback missions in Raccoon City. I only heard that in an interview with the RE creator right when the game had been announced and have not heard anything about these things being included in the game since then.
But playing in Raccoon City with amazing graphics and RE4/5 control style against actual T-virus infected people would be REALLY cool.

SStrikerR
Dec 10, 2008, 08:00 PM
I heard about the heat thing, but I heard nothing about playing in raccoon city.

Kent
Dec 10, 2008, 09:03 PM
lol well there are complaints on both sides, the stubborn oldschool fans are already complaining about the strafing added (comparing it with GoW, etc.) and extra melee attacks,
oh well. :p
Can you guess what the developers openly stated that they used as inspiration for some of the changes they've made?

Saner
Dec 10, 2008, 09:41 PM
ya they mentioned GoW, but even if they didn't like GoW, Outbreak 2 had strafing long
before that (well and walking while aiming/shooting on top of that.)

amtalx
Dec 10, 2008, 11:09 PM
Can you guess what the developers openly stated that they used as inspiration for some of the changes they've made?

That's not such a bad thing. GoW has responsive controls without having the same hectic battle speed of normal shooters.

jShazBot
Dec 10, 2008, 11:40 PM

That's a bit ironic because Resident Evil 4 was one of Cliffy B's influences when making GoW...
:quickdraw:

Kent
Dec 11, 2008, 02:12 AM
That's a bit ironic because Resident Evil 4 was one of Cliffy B's influences when making GoW...
:quickdraw:
I wouldn't really call it ironic that developers found mutual respect for each other in their games.

Kylie
Dec 11, 2008, 01:47 PM
ya they mentioned GoW, but even if they didn't like GoW, Outbreak 2 had strafing long
before that (well and walking while aiming/shooting on top of that.)I can vouch for that. It was called "walk and shoot," but just because it was strafing, doesn't mean that it was the same strafing we're talking about now. As long as it's something better, I don't care where they took it from.

jShazBot
Dec 11, 2008, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't really call it ironic that developers found mutual respect for each other in their games.

What do you mean? I'm talking about when the first GoW came out. Cliffy B liked how Resident Evil 4 played so he adopted the "Over the shoulder" viewpoint like many other games are doing now.
I wasn't talking about the developers really respecting one another...I just thought it was ironic how Cliffy took something from Resident Evil 4 when making his game and now CAPCOM is taking something from GoW in their new game.

Split
Dec 11, 2008, 04:53 PM
What do you mean? I'm talking about when the first GoW came out. Cliffy B liked how Resident Evil 4 played so he adopted the "Over the shoulder" viewpoint like many other games are doing now.
I wasn't talking about the developers really respecting one another...I just thought it was ironic how Cliffy took something from Resident Evil 4 when making his game and now CAPCOM is taking something from GoW in their new game.That's not really even irony!! RAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

jShazBot
Dec 11, 2008, 10:44 PM
That's not really even irony!! RAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dammit! If I say it's ironic then it's ironic!

:rant: :argh: