PDA

View Full Version : GC PSO stuff

psofan219
Dec 6, 2008, 05:10 AM
I decided to take the advice given to me by someone and make a thread for all my questions and what-not to go in, and my first is this, and I know it has nothing to do with what will be posted here: is there a way to remove threads no longer wanted?

Ryna
Dec 6, 2008, 08:26 AM
I decided to take the advice given to me by someone and make a thread for all my questions and what-not to go in, and my first is this, and I know it has nothing to do with what will be posted here: is there a way to remove threads no longer wanted?

There's no reason to delete the older forum threads. People can often find answers to their questions by searching through the archive.

psofan219
Dec 6, 2008, 12:06 PM
OK, thanks. I just thought I'd ask, since there's threads that I made that I won't really be using anymore (do anyways. Oh well). Anyways, does anyone know if, on Ult on Ep. 2, do the enemies change at all, or are they the same? I'm talking the CCA and the Seabed. I've never been to Gol Dragon on Ult yet, and I just lost my data about three days ago (off-topic). Does he multiply so that there's more than three copies of him, or are their still three? Also, are there any new attacks he picked up that I should be warned about?

psofan219
Dec 6, 2008, 03:46 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to obtain a holiday rappie offline? I think the only I've found was the Love Rappy (I'm not sure if that qualifies, but I can't see why it wouldn't) in Ep. 2 in the Temple. Thanks for any info on this.

Kevino
Dec 8, 2008, 12:40 PM
Nothing (That I can tell) Changes in EP2 other than it's harder. And as for the rappys I'm pretty sure you can't. They drop those mag cells or what ever it is I'm thinking of that they drop that you could only get online.

SStrikerR
Dec 8, 2008, 04:12 PM
As for enemies, the Sinows change a bit in ultimate, but as long as you know how sinows work in general you'll be fine. Love Rappys are the only ones you'll find in episode 2, holiday rappys are online only.

psofan219
Dec 8, 2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks. I was just curious. I found that info about 12 minutes ago. It would help if I looked around more before I posted...

SStrikerR
Dec 8, 2008, 05:58 PM
Yeah try using the search function a bit and maybe using the archive system, many questions you'll have have probably been asked before, seeing as this game is nearing 10 years in age.

psofan219
Dec 8, 2008, 06:53 PM
For me, the search function dosen't really get me the info that I want. I still use it, but only if everything else fails for me. Other than that, I usually just hunt for the info myself. And while I'm at it, you know when you tek an item, how sometimes you hear that sound after you say "yes"? I was just wondering if that's there for a reason, or if it's there, just to be there. I can at least say that I've looked everywhere for this, and I have not come across it.

SStrikerR
Dec 8, 2008, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I'm not so good with the search function either. As for the sound question, I'm not entirely sure on the sound you're talking about, so whenever I get on I'll tek an item and see what you're talking about.

Vanzazikon
Dec 8, 2008, 09:23 PM
I don't know about the sound, but this is the first time someone actually asked about it. Now I'm curious. O.o I think I'll look into it.

psofan219
Dec 8, 2008, 09:36 PM
I don't know about the sound, but this is the first time someone actually asked about it. Now I'm curious. O.o I think I'll look into it.

Thanks. I've been curious about that for a whlie now. I'm actually quite surprised to be the first to one to ask that.:-o

Freeze
Dec 8, 2008, 10:17 PM
From what I've thought and from some research I've done the genuine thought is the chime you hear after tecking a weapon means that you've got the correct guess from the tecker.

SStrikerR
Dec 8, 2008, 10:22 PM
I'll see if I can confirm this tomorrow.

psofan219
Dec 8, 2008, 11:32 PM
From what I've thought and from some research I've done the genuine thought is the chime you hear after tecking a weapon means that you've got the correct guess from the tecker.

I thought that too. I also thought that it meant that you have found a rareer-than-usual than item, meaning a weapon that you're not at the right place to find. And by place, I mean difficulty. Other than the above statement made by Freeze, I have no other clue as to what it could be. Thanks for any info on this for future posters.

CLARK
Dec 16, 2008, 02:50 AM
Anyways, does anyone know if, on Ult on Ep. 2, do the enemies change at all, or are they the same?

On Ultimate Ep. 2...
Ul Gibbons shoot Gizonde instead of Foie (which can Shock)
Zol Gibbons shoot a low level Megid
Mericarol (and variations) shoot a 100% succes rate Megid!!! :o
Most deadly offline dude ever...

halibabica
Dec 16, 2008, 07:33 PM
I was under the impression Mericarols (and some other fatal move wielders) didn't actually have Megid, but an attack with damage set at 9999 or something. I mean, if it was Megid, wouldn't dark resistance help to null it?

Also, about the Tekker chime, I'll have to look into that more. I did notice that it didn't always chime, and I've wondered about it. So far, Freeze sounds like the best guess.

psofan219
Dec 16, 2008, 07:56 PM
That's what I'm also leaning towards, a correct guess. But, on occasion, I have found a rarer-than-usual item (see post #15 if you don't know what I'm talking about here), like a Fill Rifle. Of course, this could all just be by chance, or could it be that some of the tekkers specialties actually raises this chance? I'm so confused....

Kevino
Dec 17, 2008, 10:05 AM
I don't think there's a 'correct' thing though. Me and my friend have wondered the same thing and thought we figured it out once... I believe it was when you got the max possible stats but I could be wrong and probably am. I'd have to look into it again.

Rob19
Dec 17, 2008, 11:19 PM
I was under the impression Mericarols (and some other fatal move wielders) didn't actually have Megid, but an attack with damage set at 9999 or something.

The damage they do is around 20,000. More than any cheat can get you in this game...

psofan219
Dec 18, 2008, 01:10 AM
I don't think there's a 'correct' thing though. Me and my friend have wondered the same thing and thought we figured it out once... I believe it was when you got the max possible stats but I could be wrong and probably am. I'd have to look into it again.

Highest possible stats? You mean %s? If so, I find that kinda, shaky, but could be. It seems as though with each new post, we find out new possibilities as to what it's there for. My guess still stands with rareer-than-usual items, since it seems that for me, it only does it then.

EDIT: My guess is now leaning more towards a correct guess

Vanzazikon
Dec 18, 2008, 02:19 AM
As I said earlier in this thread, I looked into it and it seems the chime happens when you've untekked an equippable weapon to your character.

When I was using my RAmar, I untekked a Rifle and the chimed was heard, but as I untekked a club, nothing happened. I also did it to a wand, sword, rod, and even a special cane, a Club of Laconium. Yet still, nothing happened. As I untekked handguns, sabers, mechguns, the chimed was heard.

psofan219
Dec 18, 2008, 01:01 PM
As I said earlier in this thread, I looked into it and it seems the chime happens when you've untekked an equippable weapon to your character.

When I was using my RAmar, I untekked a Rifle and the chimed was heard, but as I untekked a club, nothing happened. I also did it to a wand, sword, rod, and even a special cane, a Club of Laconium. Yet still, nothing happened. As I untekked handguns, sabers, mechguns, the chimed was heard.

I've heard the chime with a HUcast once when I tekked a Force weapon (can't remember which one it was though. I think it was the Brave Hammer). Anyways, it's a good theory. Maybe it happens that way the most? Anyways, sorry to say this, but I shot down that theory, about it only happening when you tek an equippable item. Good one none-the-less. I forgot to mention, every thrity or so posts, will the next person please recap what we've found out about this so far? This way, we won't have anything re-posted that's already been posted, and we can reach a conclusion faster. Thanks.

Nisoth
Dec 19, 2008, 11:32 PM
I've also taken an interest in the "Tekker Chime." I had a theory that the chime occurs when you get the lowest possible percents on a weapon. It does sound like a pretty disappointed sound. I like the 'equippable items' theory. It definitely does not happen when you get max possible percents. I only ever hear the chime when I tek salables. If I'm tekking something to keep, I make sure to get max numbers and I don't hear the chime. Maybe I'll contribube some research as well.

psofan219
Dec 20, 2008, 01:19 AM
Thank you Nisoth. As for the 'equippable items' theory stated by Van, I found out that that is not what the chime is for. I have kept track of weapons that I've untekked with my RAcast, out of four items so far (I just started my RAcast not that long ago), I got a Heat Cane +5, no percents, with the chime heard. I'm a Pinkal, by the way. Thanks for all theorys though, I greatly appreciate it.

psofan219
Dec 22, 2008, 02:34 PM
I want to keep this forum active for as long as possible, so please excuse the double post. Anyways, concerning the current topic here, I have found four unknown weapons which are as follows:
Heat Saber (no grinds) (20% A.Beast), and no chime was heard
Heat Dagger (no grinds) (25% A. Beats), and no chime was heard
Heat Cane +5 (no percents), and a chime was heard
Heart Wand +2 (no percents), and no chime was heard

I know that this list is just short right know, but I'm posting it to knock out one theory: Equippable Items. Meaning, you CAN hear the chime on weapons that your character cannot equip.

Ranmaru
Dec 22, 2008, 04:45 PM
Hmmm, interesting. I have many rares that I found and left most of them untekked, since I equipped them before tekking, I knew what they were. I could try and see what I hear later.

psofan219
Dec 22, 2008, 05:55 PM
That'll be a HUGE help in busting some theories we have already, maybe even creating a new one. Thanks you, Ranmaru.

Ranmaru
Dec 22, 2008, 05:57 PM
Sure, if there is something exact you'd like me to do, let me know. :3 (they are all sitting in the storage, haha)

Lance813
Dec 22, 2008, 06:06 PM
I was thinking about this a few days ago...

I have no clue, I'll ask around.

psofan219
Dec 23, 2008, 06:47 PM
Sure, if there is something exact you'd like me to do, let me know. :3 (they are all sitting in the storage, haha)

Yes actually. If you haven't gotten rid of them by the time you read this, and if you can remember which ones they are, I'd like for you to post them. I got a list of 20 different unknown items right now (all have been tekked and sold), and out of all 20, I heard the chime on 6 of them. Basically, what I want you to keep track of is, what it is BEFORE you accept their analysis, and afterwards (it sometimes changes after you accept it). Thank you.

Ranmaru
Dec 23, 2008, 07:43 PM
Ok, will do, I'll start tonight. I have mostly rare weapons(RED BOXES), and a few uncommon weapons (ORANGE BOXES). I'll see if a pattern arises.

psofan219
Dec 24, 2008, 02:43 AM
What you contribute will help us immensly. As for me, I've found 20 weapons so far, only six of them I heard the chime on. They are:
Heat Cane +5
Dim Rod +8
Hold Knife
Shadow Autogun +4 (5% Machine, 15% Dark)
Ice Knife +4
and a Heat Pole +1 (15% A.Beast, 20% Dark)

Judging from this list so far, it actually looks like the correct guess theory might hold true, but there might be something hidden in these weapons. And these items were found with a Pinkal RAcast, by the way. We have also learned that it is not the equippable items theory, max/minimum stats/percents theory, or the rareer-than-usual items theory that I had.

EDIT: Found two new weapons to add to my list.

Drain Stick +1 (25% Machine)
Thunder Stick

Ranmaru
Dec 24, 2008, 12:47 PM
Here is my list so far: (Tekked in that order)

???Saber +5 -
Hold Saber - Chime heard

???Brand -
Masters brand - No chime heard

???Buster -
Mind Buster - No chime heard

???Dagger -
Ice Dagger - Chime heard

???Knife -
Dim Knife - No chime heard

???Hand gun -
Frost Handgun - Chime heard

???Autogun -
Dark Autogun - Chime heard

???Autogun-
Draw autogun - No chime heard

???Autogun + 2 -
Draw Autogun - No chime heard

???Rifle -
Heart Rifle - no chime heard

???Rifle -
Draw Rifle - Chime heard

???Sniper -
Dark Sniper - Chime heard

???Cane -
Heart Cane - No chime heard

???Stick -
Shock Stick - No chime heard

This was from my Ramar, level 19 (GREENILL). Next I'll need to get more meseta for my HUmar to tek his rares (and some unknown weapons).

At first I thought maybe there was a chime for a new type of weapon, but that didn't really check out. ^^;

psofan219
Dec 24, 2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks Ranmaru for your list. I appreciate it. If you could, please post your section ID. This will be a help for me once we start working on the tekkers specialties. Thanks again.

Ranmaru
Dec 24, 2008, 03:15 PM
Oh right, that list I just posted, was tekked on a Greenill section ID. : > More to come later.

psofan219
Dec 24, 2008, 03:20 PM
Thank you! So we have a Pinkal and a Greenill right now... anyone else feel like taking another section ID, feel free to help. It'll be greatly appreciated!

Ranmaru
Dec 24, 2008, 03:24 PM
Well, my HUmar with RARES is a BLUEFULL, so you can also count on that. ;p

psofan219
Dec 24, 2008, 03:30 PM
Okay, we also have Bluefull taken. Thanks. I'll cover as well, Skyly, Yellowboze, and Redria.

halibabica
Dec 24, 2008, 05:56 PM
I don't know if we'll find a correlation making lists like this. Perhaps a more scientific approach would help...

Next time you're tekking a unknown weapon, argue with the tekker for a while and see what things it could possibly be (like if it's Flame, but could be Fire or Burning). Maybe check %'s, too. Anyway, save with the weapon still a mystery, and then tek it for different results to see if the chime plays. As long as you never save after tekking it, you can find out which results play the chime and which don't. This might be even easier with a duplicated unknown weapon.

Just a suggestion, one I'll try if someone else doesn't first.

Nisoth
Dec 24, 2008, 08:42 PM
Right. If we can it to chime, then not chime on the same weapon then that means that weapon type has no bearing on the chime. I wonder if it isn't just totally random? I don't think that's likely, but it's a definite possibility. That would be a strange thing to randomize...

psofan219
Dec 24, 2008, 09:16 PM
I don't know if we'll find a correlation making lists like this. Perhaps a more scientific approach would help...

Next time you're tekking a unknown weapon, argue with the tekker for a while and see what things it could possibly be (like if it's Flame, but could be Fire or Burning). Maybe check %'s, too. Anyway, save with the weapon still a mystery, and then tek it for different results to see if the chime plays. As long as you never save after tekking it, you can find out which results play the chime and which don't. This might be even easier with a duplicated unknown weapon.

Just a suggestion, one I'll try if someone else doesn't first.

Go ahead and try it, and thanks for the suggestion. There's just a problem I see in it though. Say someone were to do as you said, get a Fire Saber, hear the chime, then do it again, and get something higher like a Flame. You would hear the chime on the Flame since you heard it on Fire because Flame is harder to come across, and vice-versa, meaning it you could get a lower one and not hear the chime. I never really thought of that suggestion though. I think I'll give it a shot once and see what I get. I have almost 40000 Meseta to burn, so I'll see what I can get out of it.

Ranmaru
Dec 25, 2008, 12:41 PM
This list was made with my BLUEFULL HUmar, Lance. (Lvl 94) :

Vjaya - No percent, No chime heard.
Angry Fist - (Machine - 30%) Chime heard.
Fire Heat Repeater - (Dark - 30%) No chime heard.
Vjaya - (A.Beast - 35%, Machine - 15%) No Chime heard.
Vjaya - no percent, No chime heard.
Vjaya - (Dark - 10%) No chime heard.
Gae Bolg - (Native - 20%, A.Beast 10%, Dark - 10%) No chime heard.
Devil's Diska - No chime, No percents.
Angry Fist - (Machine - 5%, Dark - 5%) No chime heard.
Angry Fist - (Machine - 15%, Dark - 15%, Hit - 10%) No chime heard.
Gae Bolg - (A.Beast - 5%) No chime heard.
Gae Bolg - (Dark - 30%) No chime heard.

psofan219
Dec 25, 2008, 04:48 PM
Hmm, well, we have two different methods going on right now, so maybe we could reach a conclusion faster. Thanks to my brother, I have to restart my data. He got jealous when I was able to buy a 4-slotted armor in the shop, so he freakin' erases my data. Not that it matters, since I was only LV18. Anyways, good work Ranmaru, as well as for all those who use the 'scientific approach' method as stated above. That sounds like it could take some time, but I bet we'll uncover more about this faster then.

Ranmaru
Dec 25, 2008, 06:16 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, heh, I was also able to buy one too (4 slot Dragon Frame), but he should know it costs alot of meseta. ;3

b-rad
Dec 25, 2008, 08:29 PM
dudes n dudettes, y'allz is watin' yo time. da little chime is just fo correct guesses. every1 nos dat

halibabica
Dec 25, 2008, 08:31 PM
Uh, I can barely read that, but it doesn't make sense even so. We don't know why the tekker sometimes chimes and sometimes doesn't, and we're trying to find out what makes it happen. If everybody knew, we wouldn't be wondering.

And PSO is a time-waster game anyway, so why not try and solve the mystery?

Ranmaru
Dec 25, 2008, 08:37 PM
Exactly, you do your runs, and then you tekk your items. It would have been done either way. (You'd want a King or Chaos weapon, so you would tekk)

Plus, if you DON'T play PSO or any MMO, you are WASTING time by doing something else. Somehow, some way, you are wasting time, because time cannot be UNwasted.

Although, you can be more productive, but thats about it.

psofan219
Dec 25, 2008, 08:57 PM
Exactly. We don't know for certain if that's what the chime means or not. As stated by halibabica, that's why we're doing this, to see what it's for. If you're not going to contribute to this, then please don't post about it. And I had somewhat of a hard time reading your message. Please try to post more clearly in the future, so it's not so hard to read. Thanks.

b-rad
Dec 25, 2008, 09:28 PM
Uh, I can barely read that, but it doesn't make sense even so. We don't know why the tekker sometimes chimes and sometimes doesn't, and we're trying to find out what makes it happen. If everybody knew, we wouldn't be wondering.

And PSO is a time-waster game anyway, so why not try and solve the mystery?

wut da hell u mean it dont make sense? learn 2 read and it will

Exactly, you do your runs, and then you tekk your items. It would have been done either way. (You'd want a King or Chaos weapon, so you would tekk)

Plus, if you DON'T play PSO or any MMO, you are WASTING time by doing something else. Somehow, some way, you are wasting time, because time cannot be UNwasted.

Although, you can be more productive, but thats about it.

wut da hell r u talkin bout?

Exactly. We don't know for certain if that's what the chime means or not. As stated by halibabica, that's why we're doing this, to see what it's for. If you're not going to contribute to this, then please don't post about it. And I had somewhat of a hard time reading your message. Please try to post more clearly in the future, so it's not so hard to read. Thanks.

and u, its also clear 2 read. learn 2 read, dude!!!

and dats wut it there for. if yalls wants to go ahead and do pointless shit, go ahead.

Ranmaru
Dec 25, 2008, 09:35 PM
Ok, what am I talking about? If you do stupid things, for example, do drugs, make posts that are pointless, you are also wasting time.

psofan219
Dec 25, 2008, 10:38 PM
and u, its also clear 2 read. learn 2 read, dude!!!

and dats wut it there for. if yalls wants to go ahead and do pointless shit, go ahead.

Please try to refrain from using language like that. This is supposed to be a friendly atmosphere. Please, if you're not going to contribute, than don't post here as of the moment or talk about something that relates to the game. It dosen't have to be about this, anything will work. Don't insult other memebers because your post is too difficult for us to read.

b-rad
Dec 25, 2008, 10:57 PM
no one needs to hear u preachin', dude. and i aint insultin anybody, just sayin. dont be hatin on me because i dont want to type like u. and wut da hells up with that quest adventure odyssey stuff. it dont make sense.

Ranmaru
Dec 25, 2008, 10:59 PM
No one is preaching. Ok, just saying, then don't say anything unless its related to the game, ok?

AlexCraig
Dec 25, 2008, 11:04 PM
It does help if others can read what you say, b-rad. And while you may believe that the chime is for correct guesses, there is no proof of that. Please settle down and don't start trouble.

psofan219
Dec 25, 2008, 11:08 PM
I'm not being preachy, I'm just telling you to please don't insult any one here because we have difficulty reading your posts.

AlexCraig
Dec 25, 2008, 11:11 PM
Gentlemen, if you would please, continue discussion relevent to the thread.

Ranmaru
Dec 25, 2008, 11:13 PM
Thank you, Alex. Well, I will start doing some more tekking with my GREENNILL later on. Found some more unknown weapons. : >

psofan219
Dec 25, 2008, 11:18 PM
Sorry Alex. Anyways Ranmaru, I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to post next! As soon as I get back to where I was, I'll start listing again.

b-rad
Dec 25, 2008, 11:21 PM
dis is about the thread homie. just tryin to tell these two they wastin' their time, dats all. anyone no how to get dis game online? found dat the servers were shut down, and i really like this game online. its much better than offline.

Nisoth
Dec 26, 2008, 12:16 AM
-_- Brad, you should post your question in a new topic. I've had problems before with off-topic posts myself. Also, if you could prove that we're wasting our time trying to find out something that's already been found out that would be more than welcome. Otherwise, we're going to figure this out ourselves.
Unfortunately, I haven't done any research myself. And now I'll be preoccupied with God of War 1&2 for a while, as I just got them. :)
I'll definitely keep this topic in the back of my mind, though. I'm really curious to what the chime really means. If it is the "correct guess" how do we prove that without hacking? What exactly does the "correct guess" mean, anwyay? Does it mean all variables (special type, photon efficiencies, grinds) are exactly in the middle (no increase or decrease in value from before tek)? Hard to say for sure without tekking the same item multiple times. If we can get an item to chime sometimes and not chime other times, then we'll know that the chime depends on some kind of variables held by the weapons. Of course, it seems that way anyway since the 'equippable weapons' or 'weapon type' theoreis have been shot down. I wonder if section ID has any bearing on the chime? Do teks chime for different reasons on different IDs?

Ranmaru
Dec 26, 2008, 12:20 AM
Hmmm, I don't know. You know, I should Tekk on one SECTION ID, not save, and then give it to another. Then, I'd have the original Hunter/Ranger/Force tekk again to see what happens.

zfighter14
Dec 26, 2008, 12:22 AM
dis is about the thread homie. just tryin to tell these two they wastin' their time, dats all. anyone no how to get dis game online? found dat the servers were shut down, and i really like this game online. its much better than offline.

Not alloud to say on this site. on other web sites you can ask about servers to get online.

Nisoth
Dec 26, 2008, 12:34 AM
Hmmm, I don't know. You know, I should Tekk on one SECTION ID, not save, and then give it to another. Then, I'd have the original Hunter/Ranger/Force tekk again to see what happens.

You might want to 'find' your chime before you switch IDs, and write it down. Re-tek the same weapon over and over, and record all variables and weather or not the chime was heard. I should do this, too.

Ranmaru
Dec 26, 2008, 12:37 AM
Ok, I'll try that. ^_^

psofan219
Dec 26, 2008, 01:15 AM
-_- Brad, you should post your question in a new topic. I've had problems before with off-topic posts myself. Also, if you could prove that we're wasting our time trying to find out something that's already been found out that would be more than welcome. Otherwise, we're going to figure this out ourselves.
Unfortunately, I haven't done any research myself. And now I'll be preoccupied with God of War 1&2 for a while, as I just got them. :)
I'll definitely keep this topic in the back of my mind, though. I'm really curious to what the chime really means. If it is the "correct guess" how do we prove that without hacking? What exactly does the "correct guess" mean, anwyay? Does it mean all variables (special type, photon efficiencies, grinds) are exactly in the middle (no increase or decrease in value from before tek)? Hard to say for sure without tekking the same item multiple times. If we can get an item to chime sometimes and not chime other times, then we'll know that the chime depends on some kind of variables held by the weapons. Of course, it seems that way anyway since the 'equippable weapons' or 'weapon type' theoreis have been shot down. I wonder if section ID has any bearing on the chime? Do teks chime for different reasons on different IDs?

That's not a bad idea, Nisoth. I don't think the chime has anything to do with the ID's though, but it's not a bad place to start searching for something. I would say that has to belong to the special of each tekker, I also believe that the chime does depend on at least one or two variables: grind level and type. Throughout my PSO career, I have uncovered many weapons of the same class (like Flame and Fire, belonging to the Burning class, etc.), some of which I heard the chime, and some I have not. Of course, this also brings in the rarer-than-usual items theory back in the picture. As for grinds, I have heard the chime on some of the lowest class rank weapons (like Shadow) with a grind of over at least +5. Of course, these are just my findings. I hope it's clear enough to understand. If anything's not clear, if you decide to quote this post, just quote only what's unclear, and I'll try my best to clear it up. Thanks a lot for all of you who are participating. Credit will go out in the end to all those who participated, whether they gave a little or a lot.

b-rad
Dec 26, 2008, 01:19 AM
yall is just a bunch of hatin fools. all i did was just state my opinion, and i get hated on cuz of it.

zfighter14
Dec 26, 2008, 09:56 AM
You might want to 'find' your chime before you switch IDs, and write it down. Re-tek the same weapon over and over, and record all variables and weather or not the chime was heard. I should do this, too.

Whats the CHIME and whats tekking ID's??

Ranmaru
Dec 26, 2008, 10:27 AM
The chime is heard after you tekk. The IDs are SECTION ID's, such as GREENNILL, BLUEFULL, REDRIA, etc.

zfighter14
Dec 26, 2008, 11:41 AM
The chime is heard after you tekk. The IDs are SECTION ID's, such as GREENNILL, BLUEFULL, REDRIA, etc.

I know that stuff. butyou all talk about tekking section ID's? you can tekk a differant ID?

Ranmaru
Dec 26, 2008, 11:57 AM
Well sure, you tekk in one ID, write it down, turn the game off (that way it won't save that). Then, you give all those weapons to another character you may have, and have them tekk it, and write that down.

b-rad
Dec 26, 2008, 12:27 PM
dats not wut she means by dat dude. dey talkin bout tekkin weps wit different ids, see wut they get. i tried to tell them its a waste of time, but i guess we all do our own thing.

Lance813
Dec 26, 2008, 12:39 PM
b-rad, let them "waste their time" if they want. Go do your own thing if you don't like it.

I can't find anything on the chime, and it has nothing to do with a correct guess because i tekked a saber three times into the same gush saber (no percents) and heard the chime twice.

psofan219
Dec 26, 2008, 01:05 PM
I can't find anything on the chime, and it has nothing to do with a correct guess because i tekked a saber three times into the same gush saber (no percents) and heard the chime twice.

Thank you Lance813. That's one more theory we can scratch. So that leaves what now, the rarer-than-usual theory, and if I'm not mistaken, the only other one is that it's there just to be there. Wait, before I forget, what was the grind on it? That may have something to do with the chime (either that, or supporting one of the remaining theories).

b-rad
Dec 26, 2008, 01:51 PM
b-rad, let them "waste their time" if they want. Go do your own thing if you don't like it.

u tryin to tell me wut 2 do homie?

Ranmaru
Dec 26, 2008, 01:54 PM
Anyways, on a sidenote, as I was playing "The Retired Hunter" I was nearing the end of Ruins 3. Last monster to kill, was a Chaos Sorcerer, but it sort of went outside the walls for some reason. It seemed odd. Although, I could damage it, since I was a ranger, but I didn't get to finish it. Time was running out and I was getting annoyed. Although finallly, it appeared back near me and the retired hunter, and that was a close call. Has that happened to any of you? :3

b-rad
Dec 26, 2008, 01:54 PM
Thank you Lance813. That's one more theory we can scratch. So that leaves what now, the rarer-than-usual theory, and if I'm not mistaken, the only other one is that it's there just to be there. Wait, before I forget, what was the grind on it? That may have something to do with the chime (either that, or supporting one of the remaining theories).

rarer than usual? wut da hell r u talkin bout dude?

b-rad
Dec 26, 2008, 01:56 PM
ya dats happened 2 me. i just killed the son of a bitch while he was still in the wall. i aint waitin for no old dude to do my killin for me. its kinda funny at da end when he keels over though. how ur character is like wtf and runs on over to try and save him. funny as hell.

b-rad
Dec 26, 2008, 02:04 PM
oh i forgot. i dont feel like goin thru all dis shit again to find da one post i need. cant u just pm da info to me? i really want 2 get back online again.

psofan219
Dec 26, 2008, 03:51 PM
b-rad, please try using the edit button instead of triple-posting. It can be taken as spam if you keep on doing that. Thanks. And as for what I'm talking about, I'm talking about when you find a weapon that you're not at the right difficulty to find (like finding a Fill Handgun on Normal. You'd normally have to be on Hard or Very Hard to find Fill weapons). Hope that makes sense.

b-rad
Dec 26, 2008, 04:49 PM
man, i nevr thought bout dat. and da edit buttons for makin changes, not addin more stuff to yo posts homie.

halibabica
Dec 26, 2008, 04:57 PM
Yeah, but if you had something else to say, it's better to add it to your old post if it's still the last one.

Anyway, I hate it when enemies teleport or move themselves into walls. Sorcerers, Canadines, and Gees do this to me all the time. They don't drop items in these places, so you have to wait for them to come back to get anything.

Has anybody ever seen a Dark Gunner move from one room to another? Sometimes, if they get too close to a door in the last room of Ruins3, they can pop through and end up in the hallway. Only ever happened to me once, but it sure was weird.

And, no, I didn't forget about the tekker chime. Just flowin' with the conversation...

Ranmaru
Dec 26, 2008, 04:58 PM
Heh, you learn new things every day, even though they are little. So, B-rad, how many characters do you have in PSO?

Oh, that was the first time Chaos Sorcerer did that. Lol, then I got surprised when I saw the name Bee L, I was like OMFG but then realized it was the crystal next to him. -_-

Yeah, Chaos Sorcerers also don't drop anything over gaps. D:

psofan219
Dec 26, 2008, 05:12 PM
Don't worry about it halibabica! This thread isn't just for the chime research. Feel free to talk about anything that relates to the game. If I wanted a thread just for chime research, I would've made one. And that is weird! I got somewhat of a same shock when I was doing C-Mode once. Had no clue that the Garanz missiles could cross gaps, or go through doors for that matter! Same with Chaos Bringers. And about your question on post #79, we can't PM it to you either. It's against the rules to reveal any information about them here on the forums or through Private Messaging for that matter.

b-rad
Dec 26, 2008, 06:46 PM
i didnt c anything bout dat in da rules, man. all it said was dont post cheat methods or try 2 describe them.

psofan219
Dec 26, 2008, 07:38 PM
It's in there, b-rad. Anyways, enough about this. We've busted another theory, so that makes three so far: equippable items, correct guess, and max/minimum stats/percents. As far as I know, there's only two theories left (I'll have to scan this thread later), and we got the rarer-than-usual theory, and the theory that it's there just to be there. If anyone else knows what it might be for, go ahead and post it. Thanks for your cooperation in this so far! We might have to start putting in the difficulties we find them on (which will most likely be Ult, so please start a new character and do this. Sorry for the trouble you have to go through again).

EDIT: The correct guess theory is still in play. Even though what Nisoth posted is a help, what he said is that he tekked a Gush Saber three times and heard the chime twice. Sorry if you had found three different Gush Sabers Nisoth, but as of now, it's still in until we get notified otherwise, but that is the case, than grinds will have something to do with it, so we could get a possible new theory here. Thanks Nisoth!

EDIT2: Sorry about this. Lance813, about what you said earlier, when you were saying how do we prove that it's the correct guess without hacking, and what it means, it has to stay the same. Nothing can change, or else it won't be the right guess (unless if the correct guess applies to that instead of the chime...). Now that I recall, I have heard the chime before and the weapon changed variables on me. Guess the correct guess theory is looking pretty bad now, but I want at least 2 other people to varify this before we get rid of it. Sorry that my post is so long for any mods or admins that may be reading this.

3---Hit---U
Dec 26, 2008, 09:39 PM
I have a theory!

I have not yet tested it, but i recall reading about it somewhere.

You hear a chime when you tekk the first or the best item of that exact type.

Theoretical Example:

Fire sword:15/0/5/0/0 Chime
Fire sword:0/0/0/0/0 No Chime
Fire sword: 20/0/0/40/20 Chime

Just a guess, but hey, it might be the right one ^^

~Joey

psofan219
Dec 26, 2008, 10:26 PM
I have a theory!

I have not yet tested it, but i recall reading about it somewhere.

You hear a chime when you tekk the first or the best item of that exact type.

Theoretical Example:

Fire sword:15/0/5/0/0 Chime
Fire sword:0/0/0/0/0 No Chime
Fire sword: 20/0/0/40/20 Chime

Just a guess, but hey, it might be the right one ^^

~Joey

Well, no one can say it's not that. I just don't quite understand where you said: "You hear a chime when you tekk the first or the best item of that exact type." Sorry about that, but could try to clear it up a little more for me please? Other than that, thank you for giving us a new theory, Joey (I take it that's your name?) Right now, from what I understand of it, it would fall under the Max/Minimum Stats/Percents theory, seeing as how the chime was heard both times there were percents. I'll have to look into it, but you might be on to something!

Vanzazikon
Dec 26, 2008, 10:54 PM
He meant the first time you've tekked it and agreed, it would chime. And if you've tekked the weapon to it's highest possible attributes, it'll chime.

Lance813
Dec 27, 2008, 12:50 AM
3---hit---U, If you tekked an item to the highest possible attributes, three (not including hit) would have to be at 100%, no? I do not know if this statement is correct or not, please let me know otherwise.

In addition, I'm lost on the whole chime idea. I'm beginning to believe that it is a random occurance.

psofan219
Dec 27, 2008, 01:01 AM
He meant the first time you've tekked it and agreed, it would chime. And if you've tekked the weapon to it's highest possible attributes, it'll chime.

Ah, I see.

Lance813
Dec 27, 2008, 01:07 AM
This just in...

I have no clue. I stopped tekking stuff, I'll turn my GC back on tomorrow.

psofan219
Dec 27, 2008, 01:48 AM
Your last post kinda made you sound like a news reporter! Anyways, I might be hitting the sack here in a bit. I'll see if I can find anything tomorrow about the chime.

halibabica
Dec 27, 2008, 08:10 AM
3---hit---U, If you tekked an item to the highest possible attributes, three (not including hit) would have to be at 100%, no? I do not know if this statement is correct or not, please let me know otherwise.

In addition, I'm lost on the whole chime idea. I'm beginning to believe that it is a random occurance.

No, he doesn't mean it like that. When a weapon gets a % for an attribute, it can be tekked up or down 10%. So, if you had a weapon with 10, 0, 5, 0, 20, it could go as high as 20, 0, 15, 0, 30 or as low as 0, 0, -5, 0, 10. He's saying that the best result is the +10% tek.

It's quite possible the chime is random, but I somehow doubt it...there must be SOME definite reason...

Nisoth
Dec 27, 2008, 11:22 AM
Hmm... I think we can bust the "rarer than usual" theory. The moment someone hears the chime in utimate, that one goes out the window.
So we do know a few things, assuming it's not comletely random:
-The chime is depentant on SOME KIND of variable.
-It can be heard for weapons that can and cannot be equipped
...ok, so our information list is pretty short.

Let's see if we can fill out a checklist to really pinpoint this thing. This is a list we will be checking off, not a list of thing that have necessarily been done. I'll be keeping track of what's been done
- = Reported by another user(s)
| = Completed personally
+ = both
1. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on the same weapon. |
2. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon beginning with 0 percents.
3. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon ending with same percents as starting. |
4. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon ending with +10%. |
5. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon ending with -10%.
6. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon beginning with 0 grinds.
7. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon ending with +4 grinds.
8. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon ending with -4 grinds.
(For 9 ,10, and 11, you'll want to find out what the max possible level is on your untekked weapon, such as burning and check it at each level on the same weapon and see if you hear the chime -- i.e. tek it to fire laser, check for chime, reset -no save-, tek to flame laser, check for chime, etc.)
9. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon ending with minimum possible special.
10. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon ending with maximum possible special.
11. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon ending with middle possible special.
12. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon in each difficulty.
13. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a SPECIAL WEAPON.
14. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon equippable by the tekking character. |
15. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon NOT equippable by the tekking character. |
16. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon of each power class (e.g. Mechgun, Repeater, Assault, Vulcan).
17. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon of each type (Saber, Sword, Hangun, Cane, etc.)
18. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon found in each area (including specific floors,
i.e. Forest 1, Caves 3, Mines 2).
Mines 1 |,
19. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon of each special type (fire, ice, confuse etc.).
20. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon found in a quest. (irrelevant)
21. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon found by each character class.
22. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on a weapon found by each section ID.
23. Chime WAS and WAS NOT heard on the same weapon tekked to the exact same stats (percents, special, grinds) more than once.

Ok, I think I got every possible variable. Even ones that I really don't think have anything to do with it, and one or two that have already been done. Some of these will remove any necessity from some others, which is nice. If anyone can think of any other possible variables, even highly unlikely ones, go ahead and extend this here list. I'll go ahead and keep this list linked to my sig, and keep it up-to-date there. Let's get this figured out!

...or, we'll find out that it's totally random.

Sazega
Dec 27, 2008, 12:13 PM
Well, I've never heard it for a Special weapon. So that's out. I honestly think, it's heard if you tek the weapon to it's highest specialty with a certain amount of percentages. Thats when I seem to hear it most.

[I know, not really helpful... x_x]

AlexCraig
Dec 27, 2008, 12:34 PM
I have heard it on Special Weapons, Sazega.

Nisoth
Dec 27, 2008, 12:34 PM
Any input at all is helful. Thank you guys! Time to start updating. :)
OK, so I found out that the Character Informatoin pages secretly have a character (letters, numbers etc.) limit, so I'll just link my sig to my "research list" post to keep things up to date.

psofan219
Dec 27, 2008, 01:38 PM
Thank you Nisoth. It appears that you have taken our jumbled mess and organized it for us. Now we can attack this bit by bit. As for 9, 10, and 11, I have heard a chime on all of those (Draw Handgun, Gush Beam, Drain Saber, respectively) before, if the example I gave is what you mean.

Nisoth
Dec 27, 2008, 01:41 PM
Awesome! What I'll do for those ones is list the ones reported so far. Let's not forget that it is just as important to not hear the chime. Maybe I should clarify those ones: I'm referring to tekking the same weapon up and down in special level (like tekking percents up or down). I'll go ahead and clarify in that post. :)

Ranmaru
Dec 29, 2008, 01:33 PM
Sorry for not contributing for a while, fell into a little slump. ^^; I'll tekk some weapons with my ranger. The good thing is I finally reached hard with him, so after this list, uncommon weapons found would be from Hard mode. : D

*will edit soon*

psofan219
Dec 29, 2008, 11:14 PM
Don't worry about it Ranmaru. I've been putting it off for C-Mode (too lazy to check the other posts to see if I already said this or not. It's bad, I know, so DON'T DO IT KIDS!) I'm probably gonna stop C-Moding anyways soon, stuck on a stage. Besides, now I'm after a Double Cannon, since I found out I can get it in offline (yay!) I shall be back, with contributions!

3---Hit---U
Dec 29, 2008, 11:24 PM
Ah, sorry, I should have made that clearer.

All of your assumptions were wrong.

Im saying you have a level 1 person, go and get 3 rare swords, all of which have a fire attribute.

Now as them being your first things, you go and tekk them.

The first would automatically chime because it is the "best" you have gotten with and percents, but let's say its a base of 20/0/0/0

The second would have a base of 10/0/0/0 and would not chime because its under the "best" percents.

The third would have a base of 30/0/0/0 and WOULD chime, as it's percents are the largest.

Sorry for the confusion

~Joey

Sazega
Dec 29, 2008, 11:55 PM
Found two ???? Berdy's today... No chime on a Heart Berdy's +5[30% Na., 20% A. Be.]. And a Chime on a Burning Berdy's +3[0% allllll around]

halibabica
Dec 30, 2008, 10:59 AM
I finally have some info on the tekker chime. I used the approach I suggested and tekkered the same item over and over without saving.

It was a Soul Raygun +1 with 20% Native. The only time I ever got a chime was when it was tekkered as a Geist Raygun. It chimed for Geist regardless of grind and photon. It never chimed for Soul or Mind, even when the photon peaked at 30%. This character has also gotten Geist Rayguns before.

I was a Greennill RAmar, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Seems fairly conclusive to me...but still doesn't answer all the questions.

psofan219
Dec 30, 2008, 12:15 PM
Ah, sorry, I should have made that clearer.

All of your assumptions were wrong.

Im saying you have a level 1 person, go and get 3 rare swords, all of which have a fire attribute.

Now as them being your first things, you go and tekk them.

The first would automatically chime because it is the "best" you have gotten with and percents, but let's say its a base of 20/0/0/0

The second would have a base of 10/0/0/0 and would not chime because its under the "best" percents.

The third would have a base of 30/0/0/0 and WOULD chime, as it's percents are the largest.

Sorry for the confusion

~Joey

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. If this is the case, then we might have to start keeping track of weapon individually to see if the result is the same for each of them. I must say, out of all the theories, this one had attracted my attention the most.

I finally have some info on the tekker chime. I used the approach I suggested and tekkered the same item over and over without saving.

It was a Soul Raygun +1 with 20% Native. The only time I ever got a chime was when it was tekkered as a Geist Raygun. It chimed for Geist regardless of grind and photon. It never chimed for Soul or Mind, even when the photon peaked at 30%. This character has also gotten Geist Rayguns before.

I was a Greennill RAmar, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Seems fairly conclusive to me...but still doesn't answer all the questions.

Did you find the Geist Raygun on Ult (most likely, but I have found a Breaker in Normal Forest 2 from a box before with Skyly, so...) and tek it with the same character? Just asking, because if the answer is yes to both of these, than the rarer-than-usual theory is out the window.

On a side note, I honestly thought that this wouldn't get as much attnetion as this:-o I thank you all for helping me to uncover the truth behind the tekker chime.:D

Nisoth
Dec 30, 2008, 03:03 PM
It really sounds like the chime denotes that you've gotten the strongest possible special variable on a particular weapon. That doesn't necessarily mean that it got the strongest special, just the strongest one available to that particular weapon. I think we're getting close... It's time for me to start rockin' the research! *Game Cube turn on!*

psofan219
Dec 30, 2008, 03:32 PM
It really sounds like the chime denotes that you've gotten the strongest possible special variable on a particular weapon. That doesn't necessarily mean that it got the strongest special, just the strongest one available to that particular weapon. I think we're getting close... It's time for me to start rockin' the research! *Game Cube turn on!*

From what I get from this, it sounds like each weapon can only go up to a certain level for each type (for example, a Handgun (as far as I know) can only go up to Drain). Of course, I might be wrong on this, but this is what I understand of it. If this is not what you meant by this, than by all mean, please do correct me. It does seem like we are getting close to the conclusion of this.

Nisoth
Dec 30, 2008, 03:53 PM
I think my "strongest available special" theory got tossed so far:
Redria HUnewearl - Mines 1/Ultimate
???? Diska +1 (0/0/40/0/0)
Storm Diska +1 (+0%) - Yes
Thunder Diska (+5%) - No
Shock Diska +1 (+0%) - No

So far, so good, but take a look at my next findings...

Same run:
???? Laser +2 (0/30/50/0/0)
Berserk Laser +2 (+0%) - Yes
Berserk Laser (+0%) - No
Berserk Laser +2 (+0%) - Yes

Judging by my data so far, it could be a combination of Special Level + Grinds. However, Habalacia noted that they heard the chime on a Geist Raygun regardless of grind. It seems to at least have a bit to do with Special Level. I'm still Tekking these Items. I'll update momentarily.

halibabica
Dec 30, 2008, 09:49 PM
Did you find the Geist Raygun on Ult (most likely, but I have found a Breaker in Normal Forest 2 from a box before with Skyly, so...) and tek it with the same character? Just asking, because if the answer is yes to both of these, than the rarer-than-usual theory is out the window.

Yes and yes. Also, I think it does have to do with the "best special possible" for a given weapon. The Raygun I tekkered was supposed to be Soul, but chimed when it became Geist. But, the Raygun I tekkered before it was Geist (to begin with) and the tekker didn't chime for that one. I can't cross check it since I don't have the weapon anymore, but it seems to be within the context of the weapon being tekkered.

Ranmaru
Dec 31, 2008, 03:08 PM
Victor, RAmar (GRENNILL) Lvl 29, tekked on normal mode:

Fire Saber +2 - Chime heard.
Heart Saber - No chime heard.
Draw Brand +2 - No chime heard.
Ice Brand - No chime heard.
Heat Brand - (Native - 5%), No chime heard.
Storm Brand - Chime heard.
Fire Buster - No chime heard.
Shock Buster +1 - (Native - 20%) Chime heard.
Heat Buster - (A.Beast - 5%, Machine - 5%) No chime heard.
Drain Buster - No chime heard.
Havoc Buster - (Native - 20%) Chime heard.

Same items, different order:

Lance, HUmar (BLUEFULL) lvl 94, tekked on normal multimode:

Heat Brand - (Native - 15%) No chime.
Heart Saber - No chime.
Draw Brand +2 - No chime.
Thunder Brand +3 - No chime.
Fire Buster +1 - Chime heard.
Heat Saber +3 - No chime heard.
Shock Buster - (Native - 25%) No chime.
Ice Frost Brand +2 - Chime heard.
Heat Buster +1 - (A.Beast - 10%, Machine - 10%) Chime heard.
Draw Buster +2 - No chime heard.

psofan219
Dec 31, 2008, 05:19 PM
Yes and yes. Also, I think it does have to do with the "best special possible" for a given weapon. The Raygun I tekkered was supposed to be Soul, but chimed when it became Geist. But, the Raygun I tekkered before it was Geist (to begin with) and the tekker didn't chime for that one. I can't cross check it since I don't have the weapon anymore, but it seems to be within the context of the weapon being tekkered.

Hmmm... interesting. Only problem is, I found a Draw Handgun +3 today (15% Dark), and the chime was heard.

sep
Dec 31, 2008, 09:30 PM
i have a theorie,maybe it has something to do with the way you create your characte

psofan219
Dec 31, 2008, 10:03 PM
Well, we can't really say it's NOT that yet. Gotta say though, it probably won't last long. Thanks for the theory, none-the-less!

EDIT ADDED JAN 1, 2009 @ 7:46 p.m: I know this dosen't go with the current flow of conversation, and I'm sorry for that, but a couple quick questions will get this out of the way. First off, does anyone know how to acquire the "Parasitic Gene "Flow""? I remember seeing it somewhere, but I can't seem to locate it again. Thanks for any info about this.

EDIT ADDED JAN 2, 2009 @ 1:41 a.m: I found a rather unusual chimed weapon today. As far as I know, it's the first of it's kind here in the thread. It was an Ice Sword +3 with a total of 5%, and get this: -5% Native; 10% A.Beast. I also found another one, w/o any negative percents: Dim Sword +2 (20% Native). The chime was heard on both of these weapons. The others I found are as follows:

Heat Cane +3 (10% A.Beast), and a
Draw Rifle +5 (15% Hit)

I'm surprised I didn't hear a chime on the Draw Rifle! All of these items were found on Normal, with a Yellowboze, by the way. HUmar. Usually finding a weapon with a hit percent that high on Normal and the grind level is usually a chime weapon, but this wasn't. I don't know about anyone else here, but I'm now leaning towards it being there just to be there, unless if someone can derive a theory from this that I can't see.

sep
Jan 2, 2009, 10:07 PM
well,it could be sega screwed up maybe,or they put in it to see topics like this.

as for the dark flow,there are people who say they can get parasite gene flow by olga,heres how i heard to do it,

set pipe before olga,go to olga flow on ultimate,kill him without dieing,kill him with using a red item(red slicer,red sword),go to pioneer 2,go through pipe,go to olga again,you will see flowens ghost,touch him,he disapear with a light show,and if you are lucky he will drop pgf.this is like a 1/80 chance of dropping so i heard,and it works only only once per game so,flowans an ass.

PS.before i currupted i could never beat him with my weak red weapons so i have never been able to prove this is right so,i hope this helps!

EDIT:
I have seen flowens ghost before so i KNOW that parts true

Lance813
Jan 2, 2009, 11:56 PM
Wrong, the only way you can get it is on THE private server. ST reduced the drop to 0%. Its impossible offline.

sep
Jan 2, 2009, 11:58 PM
correct but remember i was never able to test it online or offline.

Lance813
Jan 3, 2009, 12:03 AM
It doesn't matter the drop is set to 0%. Theres no reason to test it.

sep
Jan 3, 2009, 12:09 AM
wouldent hurt to try anyway,and its still good xp

Lance813
Jan 3, 2009, 01:12 AM
No, It woldn't hurt to try, but it is still impossible. Unless you are on the ******** server.

The only thing it would be good for would be the XP or a Zanba.. The part of seeing Flowen, thats only in multi mode if you beat him on ULT. No, there is no possible chance of getting a PFG offline. Ever. (Unless you hax)

psofan219
Jan 3, 2009, 01:22 PM
No, It woldn't hurt to try, but it is still impossible. Unless you are on the ******** server.

The only thing it would be good for would be the XP or a Zanba.. The part of seeing Flowen, thats only in multi mode if you beat him on ULT. No, there is no possible chance of getting a PFG offline. Ever. (Unless you hax)

THAT MAJORLY SUCKS! I was kinda hoping there'd be a shimmer of a chance, but it seems there isn't. Oh well. Thanks Lance813 and sep. Now back to the main topic as of now, please.

Oh yeah, on a sidenote. I thought that Lance813 accidentally posted the name of a private server, than I seen he sensored his post! Ha ha ha, I need to pay more attention!

*ahem* Now, back to the chime...

Lance813
Jan 3, 2009, 04:28 PM
Ok, I think this may have been misproven but I haven't been paying much attention to this. In a test I maxed the percents of a weapon out by tekking and retekking, here are some results I have found:

A weapon of a low special (i.e. fill, thunder) with maxed stats chimed.
Another of a high special (i.e. Hell, Tempest) that was tekked to max did not.

I have no clue, I am beginning to believe that it is random. This was only one instance.

halibabica
Jan 3, 2009, 10:14 PM
For the high weapons, is that what they usually were? Based on what I found before, a weapon that's usually Drain will chime if it tekks up to Fill. But, if a weapon is already the best it can be (example, a weapon that's usually Gush), then it will not chime no matter what you do to it. This is the extent of my theory so far, but it doesn't explain rare weapons chiming.

EDIT: I have another theory!

All the evidence I've found so far shows that regular weapons that tekk up to a better than usual power cause the chime. But, rare weapons have set powers and can't fluctuate like the others. But, the chime does sound for these, too. I suspect the chime sounds for rare weapons when it's the first time you've found that weapon. I base this on the new DB's Sword I found today. It chimed when I tekked it, and its' the first time I ever found it with this character. It doesn't have to do with percents, though, because I've tekked other rare weapons to their best and not gotten the chime before. I think that may be all there is to it.

REVENGE OF EDIT: I have a cover-all theory now!

This is based on conjecture and my own knowledge of game design, so bear with me on this one. When a Tekker is asked to determine the nature of a weapon, there are 3 variables that the game determines: grind, percent, and special. The grinds vary from 2 less to 2 more than normal, and the percents vary from 10 less to 10 more than normal. Special either goes up to a higher special or down to a lower one, but stays in the middle most often.

Now, we've determined that the tekker doesn't chime when percents are maxed, nor does he chime for grind. The only variable that counts for the chime is special. This is supported by my past evidence where a Soul Raygun chimed when it became Geist, but not when Soul or Mind.

But, sometimes the chime is heard for rare weapons that don't have alternate specials. How could this be? Well, think of it like this:

The Tekker is a standardized event that plays out the same way no matter what weapon is shown to him. That means, for each weapon tekkered, the three variables are calculated even if they don't have to be. So, the reason the Tekker chimes sometimes for rare items and sometimes doesn't is because the variable for special still changes and controls it. For example, you have a Chain Sawd that is always Gush no matter what. If the variable for special is still low or normal, the Tekker won't chime. But, if it registers as higher, then the Tekker does chime. The weapon is unaffected because it's stuck with what it has. But the variable that controls the chime still changes and registers differently with the game.

I hope that all makes sense. If it's too confusing, tell me and I'll try to rephrase it.

Nisoth
Jan 8, 2009, 07:47 PM
That's a really good theory. It would also explain why my Berserk Laser +2 didn't always chime.

Lance813
Jan 8, 2009, 09:25 PM
Holy crap, I think you've found it!

Nice man!

psofan219
Jan 9, 2009, 12:32 AM
Holy crap... I think you're right Lance. I think halibabica actually found it (if not, then it surely got us much closer than we were). We now know at least two things: the variable is special, and if it starts at anything higher than the lowest possible special and goes down, it won't chime -- at all. However, halibabica, not to rain on your parade for possibly getting us our answers, but just an hour ago, I found a Draw Saber +2 with 10% Hit that chimed. I was a LV 6 at the time, and found an exact copy of it again when I was LV 23. So, with what halibabica found out and with what I found out, maybe it has something to do with both your character level and the weapon's special? Let's see what we can find out more about halibabica's theory first, it sounds the most promising.

Whoops, hehe, scratch out that part that's bold. I would manually delete it, but than I'd have to rechange my post a little.

I think I may have another theory for the special weapons, but it mainly supports halibabica's theory. I recall seeing weapons in the database that say like "Unreduced Hell" or "Reduced Hell", could this be what gets determined? If so, than the specials DO change for SPECIAL WEAPONS, we just don't see the change. As I said, it supports halibabicas theory, but looks at it from another standpoint.

Nisoth
Jan 9, 2009, 09:12 AM
Weather or not the special is reduced (normal) or non-reduced (super-powered i.e. Frozen Shooter) is predetermined. I would bet that those Draw Sabers you found would never go any higher than 'draw.' Definitely tek the same item more than once. Also, examine your special a little bit: don't believe the tekker a few times and see if you can find the range your special has (Is it Thunder-Shock-Storm, or Shock-Storm-Tempest?).

psofan219
Jan 9, 2009, 02:24 PM
I never thought of that. At the time though, I didn't have the Meseta to throw away. Now I have almost 100000, so I'll see what I can find. I still think that the character LV might have something to do with it, but maybe not...

halibabica
Jan 9, 2009, 04:01 PM
Seriously, a Draw Saber chimed? That's really weird, and doesn't really fit with my findings. If it couldn't tekker higher than Draw, it'd make sense, but any lowest-special weapon can tek up at least once.

I stand by my theory, but that's still really weird.

psofan219
Jan 9, 2009, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I stand by your theory as well. It seems like the one to finally put an end to this search. I've found quite a few weapons like the Draw Saber, which made me believe that maybe the LV has something to do with it (I'm sounding like a broken record now). I'm not trying to strike down your theory, but more-or-less trying to add to it, if you seen it that way.

Edit: If you thought the Draw Saber thing was weird halibabica, wait until you hear what I found just now. I'm playing PSO right now, and I found a ??? Staff that came from Flow on Normal. I decided to multi-tekk it to see what I could find, and what I found out pretty much destroyed my LV thing, might've even endangered your theory, and I swear on everything I own I'm not making this up. I found a one-hit kill series staff (like Shadow, Dim, etc.) and when it was a Shadow Staff (no grinds, 10% Machine), it chimed. I reset the game, did it again, and got the same thing, only this time the percent went up to 15. Again, I heard the chime. I reset it again, did it once more, and this time, I got a Dim Staff, 10 %, with NO chime. This just thrust me back into all sorts of confusion. I was expecting the chime to be heard. Maybe it does have something to do with percents, based on this. The Dim Staff had 10% Machine, and when compared to the Shadow Staff, it's 5% less. So if the variable is indeed special and special alone, then why didn't I hear the chime for this weapon? *sigh* Now I'm confused, yet again.

halibabica
Jan 10, 2009, 09:17 AM
From Flow? As in Olga Flow? Oh, you mean you got it out of a crate from him, right?

Well, I don't know what to say to that. These Normal mode weapons are inconsistent...

psofan219
Jan 10, 2009, 01:56 PM
Had it been from Flow himself I would've been mad. They pit me against a boss with a one-hit kill attack and they give me a weapon I can't even use? Not sure what to say about it either, but it's strange...

3---Hit---U
Jan 10, 2009, 06:17 PM
I have some data I gathered today.

Silence Claw, no percents, No Chime
Custom Ray, no %, No Chime
Spirit Ripper, 25% Dark, No Chime
Tempes Gladius, 25% Native, 20% Dark, NO CHIME!
Bind Raygun, no %, No Chime
~Reached Level 108 :D~
Guilty Light, 25% A. Beast, No Chime
Shock Gladius+2, 30% A. Beast, No Chime
Fill Vulcan+2, no %, No Chime
Spirit Laser+2, 10% Native, 35% Dark, 20% Hit, CHIME!

As for the first bolded line, I'm sorry everyone, but I think I just killed Halibabica's theory :(.

...sorry people :(

halibabica
Jan 10, 2009, 11:29 PM
Not exactly! If it didn't chime as a Tempest Gladius, then that's because it was a Tempest Gladius! It only chimes if the special registers as higher than usual.

As for the low specials chiming, I have an amendment for the theory, but I haven't had the chance to test it yet. I think the Tekker may also chime for a weapon-type that the character has not received before. So, if you have a Drain Saber and you've gotten Drain Sabers before, it won't chime for you. But, if you never found a Draw Saber before, it will chime even though it's a lower special. Remember, now, I have nothing to base this amendment on yet. It sounds really strange...somebody please prove it wrong.

3---Hit---U
Jan 10, 2009, 11:30 PM
Ah. My fault Halibabica.

False alarm everybody, go back into testing mode :p

psofan219
Jan 11, 2009, 08:16 PM
Not exactly! If it didn't chime as a Tempest Gladius, then that's because it was a Tempest Gladius! It only chimes if the special registers as higher than usual.

As for the low specials chiming, I have an amendment for the theory, but I haven't had the chance to test it yet. I think the Tekker may also chime for a weapon-type that the character has not received before. So, if you have a Drain Saber and you've gotten Drain Sabers before, it won't chime for you. But, if you never found a Draw Saber before, it will chime even though it's a lower special. Remember, now, I have nothing to base this amendment on yet. It sounds really strange...somebody please prove it wrong.

It took me a few reads of your post to get what you meant. I'm afraid I have some bad news then. I got data from my bros character (he's LV 13), and he's found two Draw Sabers and one Drain Saber, Draw Drain Draw (that's the order he found them in. It chimed the first time he got a Draw Saber, but it had 30% Hit (I was jealous. I've been looking for a weapon like that!), his Drain Saber had nothing when it chimed, and his last Draw Saber didn't chime. If this isn't exactly what you meant, please correct me, and I'm sorry for being a little... dunceish.

Ranmaru
Jan 11, 2009, 08:46 PM
I hope you all are doing well. As of now, I am starting school, so I won't be able to play PSO as much. (took out tv for committment)

I'll keep on posting though, and when I get a chance to play, I'll let you all know what happens. ;3

halibabica
Jan 11, 2009, 10:01 PM
It took me a few reads of your post to get what you meant. I'm afraid I have some bad news then. I got data from my bros character (he's LV 13), and he's found two Draw Sabers and one Drain Saber, Draw Drain Draw (that's the order he found them in. It chimed the first time he got a Draw Saber, but it had 30% Hit (I was jealous. I've been looking for a weapon like that!), his Drain Saber had nothing when it chimed, and his last Draw Saber didn't chime. If this isn't exactly what you meant, please correct me, and I'm sorry for being a little... dunceish.

Well, if these really were his first Draw and Drain Sabers, then it fits the theory. The first Draw Saber chimed because it was the first one he ever found. The Drain Saber chimed becuase it was a Draw Saber that tekkered up. The 2nd Draw Saber didn't chime because he'd found one before.

I'm still not sure, though.

psofan219
Jan 11, 2009, 10:48 PM
*facepalms* Duh. I thought that's what you meant by it, but I just offered that to see if it was. He's playing right now, and he just found another Draw Saber (he keeps on doing the Forest over again to get LV'd up for the Mines. I tell him Caves are better, but...) that chimed, 5% Hit and 10 % Native with a grind of +1. He seems to be finding all the Hit weapons...... Anyways, I'll update with some more of his results and some of my own.

psofan219
Jan 11, 2009, 10:58 PM
Guys, I'm really sorry for the double post, but I can't seem to find my Edit button... it's invisible to me for some reason. It might be my computer. Anyways, the part in parenthaceis (these things (). Sorry for the misspell), ignore that. It's a mistake. I meant the Caves, and he's trying to get ready for the Ruins instead of Mines. I blame it on typos... Anyways, he just found a Fill Brand that didn't chime, which is weird. He's never found it before (at least a Fill Brand anyways).

halibabica
Jan 12, 2009, 02:52 PM
Well, there goes that amendment. I wonder what it could mean...can't they* hack the game to figure this stuff out?

*whoever does that kind of thing

TrueChaos
Jan 12, 2009, 02:53 PM
i don't know if this puts a spanner in the works, and sorry if it does, but there seems to be 2 chimes. they both have the same sound sequence but one has a higher pitch. it could just be me going nuts, though!!

psofan219
Jan 12, 2009, 11:50 PM
Your theory, or amendment, is still here halibabica. I asked my brother over and over again after I got off this site if he was sure it was the only one he found. Turns out he found another one, and gave it to a character on his other card. Sometimes I wish I could find weapons like that as early as he is... but he's spending money now tekking them that high. He doubles his Meseta using some kind of method, he won't tell me, not that I care. He cheats, I'm legit, that's the way it is. Sorry for getting off-topic there. Anyways, just thought I'd better post this. *breathes a sigh of relief* I thought we were back to square one there for a minute.

halibabica
Jan 13, 2009, 09:09 AM
Oh, okay. That's a little different. Well, I might be able to figure this out eventually myself. Once my RAmar hits L120, I plan on starting my new HUnewearl who's never been anywhere before. I'll pay close attention to the stuff I find in Normal mode, as that seems to be where the inconsistencies are coming from.

P.S. He's probably duplicating his Meseta, but I don't duplicate anything so I don't know how that might work!

psofan219
Jan 13, 2009, 09:36 AM
He is duplicating it, I just don't know how and don't really care to learn how. He says "You should really do this" each time there's a really good armor in the shops I can't buy because I'm like 6000 Meseta short. It does seem like all of our confusing weapons are coming from Normal mode. I'm going to save a couple of untekked items (about ten or so) and put a different theory to the test... the one where it chimes the first time you find something. Just want to see if it holds any water. I might find something interesting while doing this...

psofan219
Jan 13, 2009, 06:12 PM
Shadow Staff (no grinds, 10% Machine), it chimed. I reset the game, did it again, and got the same thing, only this time the percent went up to 15. Again, I heard the chime. I reset it again, did it once more, and this time, I got a Dim Staff, 10 %, with NO chime.

I have found yet another Staff like this, Shadow Staff 5% A.Beast. This one came from either the Forest or Caves, can't remember which. Anyways, same scenario, only this time I didn't reset the game over and over again (kinda forgot actually, haha), but the chime was heard on this weapon. And on another note, does your theory that's under your REVENGE OF EDIT include Special Weapons without specials as well? I can't see why it wouldn't include them, since you said "even if it dosen't have to be", but then you gave a Chain Sawd as an example, which HAS a special. The weapon in question here is a DB's Saber. Found two of them, both no percents, no grinds at the time of tekk, both are replicas (my first one now has +3), and the second one chimed, so it's not having to do with the first time you find them. It happened again with a Custom Ray, but since that has a special... anyways, the strongest weapon going against your theory as of now is the Shadow Staff I mentioned. Unless if what I said earlier, about the "Reduced Hell" and what-not is in fact applied, even though Nisoth said it wasn't, then it could register as higher, but that wouldn't explain the first time I found a Shadow Staff that chimed. I know this won't make much sense, but for the Shadow Staff case, could it be WHERE they were found that has an effect on it? I know it seems rather unlikely and stupid to ask this, but right now, it seems we have nothing to go on that's unchallenged. For the love of God, somebody PLEASE find something that can take down this Shadow Staff... it's putting our best theory so far in jeopardy. (I know it sounds like I'm freakin out here, but I kinda am. I would like to reach a conclusion, and with this theory, we may just get there, but then this weapon shows up... and it's not alone. To permanently delete the "First-time Find" theory, I have found a Fill Lockgun and another weapon that I've never found before with this character, and the chime wasn't heard. The Fill Lockgun was in the same set with the second Shadow Staff. I think the other was a Halberd, not sure what special it has though. I'll update when I check)

Wow, rather long post...

Sorry for the double post yetagain! I needed to quote something off of an earlier message, and doing it the hard is, well, hard. I'm sorry guys.

EDIT: I have some good news and some bad news. Which do you want first? Good news? Okay. I seem to have located a possible solution for our question about the chime. I still have to go through it, since it's really long and my brain and eyes hurt after about 40 minutes of reading. Bad news, due to forum rules, I can't exactly say where I found it, since it would contain methods of cheating (and no, before anyone here asks, I am strictly there for the tekker chime. I hate cheaters, I despise them, they should've never invented cheating, and those who do it obviously do not want to enjoy a game to it's fullest extent. Just protecting myself here for any would-be accusers, and sorry if I insulted anyone who does cheat. This is just my view on it, so keep any opinions about it to yourself please).

halibabica
Jan 13, 2009, 09:14 PM
Oh, did you get ahold of the event scripts for PSO? That could be interesting, but don't share the actual document if it'll get you in trouble.

I do have a sneaking suspicion as to why this has only been different in Normal mode so far. Between difficulty levels, a lot of stuff changes in the game (although mostly items dropped, monster stats, etc.). Since it's a whole new mode, all the events in the game are independent of their other-mode counterparts. In other words, a Tekker in Normal mode is not the same as a Tekker in Hard mode, even if they're scripted exactly the same way.

Now, I don't know why they might have changed the script for Tekkers between modes, but it is a possibility. I think it would depend most on what the creators wanted the chime to tell the player. It's supposed to indicate that they've found something exceptional, right? Well, in Normal mode, just about everything special passes as exceptional, so they may have set the Tekker to chime for lower specials since that's what they expected the player to find most often. This begs the question "why didn't they set it to chime for all specials?" I honestly don't know. This is the only explanation I can think of that accounts for this early-mode difference.

And, yes, psofan219, I did mean Special Weapons without specials (like DB's Saber and Flowen's Sword) can still chime if the special variable tekkers correctly.

psofan219
Jan 13, 2009, 11:14 PM
Okay, I assumed that, but just wanted to make sure. It turns out that the script was bogus anyways. Got us nowhere, but it didn't hurt to look. I found out something rather irritating though, and this has nothing to do with the tekker research, so sorry about it, but apparently, they took out some of the side quests you could do that were in the DC version. I would've loved to do the quest to get the Orochiagito and to see the alternate ending for "Soul of Steel". It's a bummer... What you said about the tekkers... do you if there's a way to disprove that? If you do, I'd like to test it. The only thing I can think of is grab an untekked Special Weapon, create a whole new character, and have them tek it and see what happens.

halibabica
Jan 14, 2009, 07:33 AM
I have no idea how it might be proven or disproven. Unless we cracked the game open and looked, we wouldn't know for sure. I don't like making suggestions that can't be tested, but that's the best I can come up with. Perhaps if weapons found in higher modes were tekkered in lower, it could shed some light on things. I'll see what I can do.

psofan219
Jan 17, 2009, 01:10 PM
Possibly, but... couldn't it also destroy part of YOUR theory as well? IF a weapon taken from let's say VHard and was tekked in Normal but it didn't chime, wouldn't that be putting your theory in hot water?

halibabica
Jan 17, 2009, 02:52 PM
That's why it's a theory. THIS IS HOW SCIENCE WORKS.

psofan219
Jan 17, 2009, 07:31 PM
Whoa, I didn't mean to make you mad or anything. Sorry. I know that's why we do this, I'm just saying, don't you think we should... nah, never mind. You're right. I've been having a dry spell on unknown items lately... found only three in three days of playing.

halibabica
Jan 17, 2009, 10:25 PM
Sorry, knew I shouldn't have posted in all caps. IT READS LIKE SHOUTING, I KNOW!

I'm not angry, but I'm definitely going to test this stuff next time I get the chance to play. Of course, with college going on, that could be a while...

...like Monday.

psofan219
Jan 18, 2009, 01:47 AM
Ha ha ha, don't worry about it halibabica! I use all caps not really for shouting, but for getting my point down. I had a larger post, but for some reason, when I hit my backspace button to deal with a typo, my browser though I clicked the "back" button, so it took me back a few pages. I won't be contributing for a while since I've lost interest in PSO for the moment and have taken up interest in another game, so any contributions from me will be few-and-far-between for the moment.

halibabica
Jan 19, 2009, 12:37 PM
Well, I found a Freeze Gladius in the Ultimate CCA today, and decided I'd put it to the test. I took it back to Normal mode to see when it would chime.

Tekkered as Frost : No chime
Tekkered as Freeze : No chime
Tekkered as Blizzard : Chime!

So, the results were consistent with what I predicted before. I'll have to find some weak weapons in Normal mode and see what I can figure out, because otherwise, there was no discrepancy with the weapon I tekkered.

psofan219
Jan 20, 2009, 01:36 AM
And also, try tekking it, say no, not saving it, then handing it over to the weaker character and have them tek it again, see what you get that way... or did you do it like that? Who knows, it might end up with a different result. If you did do it like that, then all's it's doing is making your theory shine (and it definitely kills the rareer-than-usual theory, even though we already got that out of the way).

halibabica
Jan 20, 2009, 10:22 AM
Oh, wait. I didn't have a weaker character tek it. I just took the same guy back to Normal mode and tekked it. I'll have to try it with someone weaker later, I guess.

psofan219
Jan 20, 2009, 04:23 PM
Well, we might get totally different results now. I have a hunch as to what they'll do, but I want to wait and see what it is first. (9) (20;8;9;14;11) (20;8;5;25';12;12) (3;8;9;13;5) (This is the code as to what I think they'll all do. See if you can crack it the next time you post. Weird, I know... I'm like that sometimes)

Farrmark
Jan 20, 2009, 06:45 PM
You think they'll chime?

:)

psofan219
Jan 20, 2009, 06:54 PM
Ah, you got it! Well, it was easy, considering it had only two possible answers... Anyways, sorry about getting a little off-topic there.

halibabica
Jan 20, 2009, 07:55 PM
* 018# &) >(3#2 %((
I make up codes too

How does yours decipher?

P.S. No new info yet, just shootin' the breeze.

psofan219
Jan 20, 2009, 10:18 PM
Umm... you mean how does it answer, or how do you answer it? If it's the answer, Farrmark already got it. If it's how to get it, each number stands for the corresponding letter in the alphabet, like 8 = h, 9 = i, etc., etc.. I gotta say though, from your code, it almost seems like you're...making... fun of me...but that's just me. Not that I see it that way... you aren't, are you?

halibabica
Jan 20, 2009, 11:51 PM
No, this is really a code I've made up and use (although limitedly). It's based on the setup of your keyboard. The numbers and symbols along the top represent Q through L. The bottom row of letters are represented by the symbols to the right of them, and M is 0. So...

the quick fox jumps over the lazy dog = %6# !&*>8 4(, 7&0)2 (.#$ %6# 91<^ 3(5

Yes, I am a little crazy.

psofan219
Jan 21, 2009, 02:44 PM
Oh, cunning! Anyways, we better get back on track. Thanks to a stupid action I did, I not only got my PSO data erased, but destroyed a MC in the process, so now I gotta start over. At least I have a back-up... LV1 char, but I'll manage. I can now test a new theory I got at least. What if, taking your theory, it dosen't have to do with where the item is obtained, but how. Like, monster vs. box, boss vs. boss box? It's going to be a little hard to find anything to support this, since either of the four can drop just about any kind of ??? weapon (unrare). What I'm saying is, what if your theory isn't applied directly to the weapon, but more-or-less the way you obtained a weapon, and to put it simpler, killing a Booma and finding a ??? Autogun, then finding one in a box. They most likely won't have the same class of special, but I can retek it, and find out what level of specialty they chime on, see if there's anything there. Longshot, but hey, never know 'till you try, right?

halibabica
Jan 21, 2009, 07:33 PM
Aw, that sucks! I'm sorry to hear that.

I don't see why it would matter if a weapon came out of a monster or a box, but it may be possible. Well, now that you're in Normal mode again, maybe you can test some of these ideas.

Good luck getting your cool stuff back!

psofan219
Jan 21, 2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks. I'll be putting it to the test. At least I'll have somthing to occupy some of time I have while I'm waiting for PSZ.

psofan219
Feb 1, 2009, 11:24 PM
Well, I have developed a list of unknown weapons, but due to... complications... I have to re-organize everything. I'd post how I have the list, but it might take up too much space (it takes up two pages on Microsoft Word, and I only have three items at the time (been playing different games as of late)). I should get back to playing PSO soon... finding more weapons, and putting this to the test.

Pheonix123
Feb 3, 2009, 10:25 PM
use the tekker in the shopping district to get all those unknowns known......find any SPECIAL WEAPONS yet?

psofan219
Feb 4, 2009, 01:00 AM
I already have them all tekked and recorded. I'm just trying to gather more of them right now... if you'd like to contribute anything, you're more than welcome to, but any theories you have you'll need to test yourself. You'll get credit at the end if you contribute even a theory (as long as it's one we haven't already busted), or support an existing theory.

Pheonix123
Feb 4, 2009, 09:57 PM
well, a somewhat simple theory that i have goes somewhat like this:

Depending on the class you choose, you get a certain drop rate of certain weapons: IE Ranger = higher gun drop rate.

Also your Section ID determines a drop rate for certain weapons as well: IE Skyly = sword style weapons.

so my theory is "is it possible to have a class that is redundant to a Section ID and get an overall low drop rate in weapons in general?"

psofan219
Feb 5, 2009, 08:06 PM
I... don't see what that has to do with tekker chime... which is what we're doing now (or were doing... it seems everyone forgot about it). If you are trying to describe a tekker chime theory though, it sounds like it's going to head for one we've already busted, and that would be "Equippalbe Items", but that's just from what I can see from it, basically from here:

Depending on the class you choose, you get a certain drop rate of certain weapons: IE Ranger = higher gun drop rate.

Also your Section ID determines a drop rate for certain weapons as well: IE Skyly = sword style weapons.

This is what made my decision if you were trying to convert this into a tekker chime theory. If you meant something else by it, I'm sorry. And for clarification, I'm quite certain that the class your character is has nothing to do with the drop rates... it's just the ID. I could be wrong though... I've never actually even heard of that kind of info, so I very well might be wrong.

Pheonix123
Feb 5, 2009, 09:53 PM
oh no sorry, you suggested i submit a theory i might have, so i did, but this is a seperate theory, not one that has something to do with one that you already have
and if i may suggest something about your theory in progress

today i found a Flowens Sword, and i got a chime, so what i think about the chime is, you get a chime if you have an identical weapon in your Check Room and that the chime basically says "hey, you already have one of these, you don't need two of this."
I get it very frequently considering i have at least one of every weapon style

halibabica
Feb 5, 2009, 11:26 PM
Um, nope, that's not the case. I've heard the chime on weapons I've never received before. I'm almost certain my current theory is correct.

As for the Section IDs and drop rates, well, yours is right, Phoenix. The class of your character does determine what you find more of when it comes to basic weapons. Hunters find more Sabers, Rangers find more Handguns, and Forces find more Canes.* Everything else is determined by Section ID, and some weapons will be more common while others more rare (like your Skyly example, they find lots of Swords and very few Mechguns).

*Usually in the form of 9-star rares from crates

psofan219
Feb 6, 2009, 01:16 PM
Hmm, so I was wrong... well, it turned into knowledge... At first, that sounded like it'd be an interesting theory, but we've all pretty much had a weapon that chimed that we've never recieved before. I should've been a little more clear when I said you can submit a theory... that we're working on this right now. Sorry if I did manage to confuse you.

Pheonix123
Feb 6, 2009, 09:37 PM
no problem.....now back to the theory..........perhaps the chime sounds depending on not only the weapon, but the tekker who appraised it for you. Since each tekker does things a little differently from the "other" tekkers, maybe the chime sounds for different reasons.

psofan219
Feb 7, 2009, 01:44 PM
That would be in the specialty department... hey, you might be on to something. That would be adding section ID to the mix, and I think we've already came up with a theory for that. For now though, we're going to use halibabica's theory, since it is the strongest so far. You wouldn't mind finding ways to put that to the test for us, would you? As for me, my theory is a bust. Boxes vs. enemies, as far as I can tell, have no effect on the chime. I've began recently though, so... I'll keep at it and see what I can find.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
May 1, 2010, 06:42 AM
so, did anyone ever find wut makes different sounds on tekkers (who ressed it i resses it)(i didnt even know they had different chimes)

psofan219
May 1, 2010, 03:04 PM
No, we never were able to figure it out. And, please don't bump topics this old :o Although it's nice seeing it back up here again... It's already pretty much served its purpose, and we just kinda gave up and assumed that the tekker chime is just some random occurance.

Vanzazikon
May 1, 2010, 03:42 PM
Who dugged this up? Oh Kyrith. Figures :wacko:

AlexCraig
May 1, 2010, 04:11 PM
Do not bump threads this old, if you please.