PDA

View Full Version : Monsters following you into the hallway?

Socrates
Mar 2, 2001, 05:13 AM
Had a really weird experience last night, and wanted to know if anyone else had similar.

I was in the Mines, 1st level, Normal difficulty. I got confused by a pair of Sinow Beats that were wailing on me, so once I recovered, I retreated to the safety of the entry hallway to regroup and wait for them to return to their starting positions.

Well, both of the Sinows followed me to the door, but, as usual, they were stopped by the entryway. One eventually faded away and resumed its start position on the ceiling, but the other did not.

He kept walking in place, against the 'invisible' boundary of the open door. Then, much to my surprise, he was suddenly in the hallway and advancing on me, throwing punches!

Disconcerting to say the least. I immediately skittered away, and once I did, it faded away and resumed it's starting position like any reasonable monster should.

I was wondering if that was just a bizarre isolated glitch, or have other people experienced this?

<hr size=1>
<font size=1>
Decker, Lvl 31 RAcast ("The joys of the Shotgun")

Socrates, Lvl 20 HUcast

Quintanos, Lvl 15 HUmar

Itzcoatl, Lvl 16 FOnewmarl</font>

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Socrates on 2001-03-02 02:16 ]</font>

Sylvette
Mar 2, 2001, 05:25 AM
This has happened to me many times. Only with Sinow Beats, too. They make it past the first barrier, and can attack in the hallway. The solution is usually to run even further back, beyond the barrier at the other end of the hallway. I've never seen them make it through the other end, they always give up and teleport back before they get there. If you stay in the hallway they will just keep attacking.

Vanse
Mar 2, 2001, 05:27 AM
It happens to me all the time and it says in the official guide that Sinow Beats will sometimes follow one into the corridor http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

KLin-304
Mar 2, 2001, 05:33 AM
That reminds me of a similar glitch with player characters and those fenced off barriers. If one of yoru teammates has a weapon equipped that makes them move forward when they attack, (sabers and daggers are best I think, or unarmed should also work http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif have them perform a 3-hit combo while against the barrier. It will appear to you as if they combo through the barrier and to the other side, but after they finish the combo they are standing back where they began at the edge of the barrier. It was quite funny the first time I saw it, since for a second I had thought my teammate had figured a way to get to the teleporter beyond the barrier which we'd been trying to get to for half an hour. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

BlitzGott
Mar 2, 2001, 06:02 AM
I have had a Hildebear leap through a door in Forest 2 when I was about level 6, it was quite a terrifying experience at the time. And a friend of mine has reported having a Chaos Bringer charge through a doorway after him, and a Del Saber leap through a doorway.

Deceased
Mar 2, 2001, 06:19 AM
Hey man this happened to me today with the Sinows! I had 19hp and the dude leaped into the hallway and killed me. I literally jumped in my chair cause you just don't expect those things! Oh well, PSO is awesome!

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Deceased on 2001-03-02 03:21 ]</font>

Pollo_loco
Mar 2, 2001, 06:21 AM
My cousin and I have been able to duplicate this many times with both sinow beats and hildebears. I think it has to do with the wide range of the sinows' and hildebears' attack pushing through the delineations in the programming. Glitch, all I can say. The bad thing about it is that you can't attack them once they've come through, but they can hurt you whenever they feel like it - so just run into the next room and don't let them follow you through a second time. They should rematerialize in the place of their origin after the chicken run.

SuperSubZero
Mar 2, 2001, 06:39 AM
I would think it's a glitch, and it has happened to me back in my low level days. To make the total shock value complete, not only did the blue Beat follow me into a small hallway, but now *trapped* there, he proceeded to do the multi-clone thing all around me.

My teammates in the larger room could only stand and watch in horror as I cried "FREEDOM!" and was immediately rendered past-tense.

It has given me an exceptional prejudice towards blue Beats and they are always my primary objective when they warp in.

-SSZ

Phantasmal
Mar 2, 2001, 10:40 AM
In a way, there is a little trick to get the sinows through the gate... After attacking them and running back to the gate (like a little school girl) they will continue to run along the gate (yet can't get past). Now, go in a little until they take a swing at you and then go back through the gate. 95% of the time they will follow you...

I thought I could be all cool about it and kill it in the hallway but outside of the zone, THEY ARE INVINSIBLE!!! The Hildebears can be attacked outside of their orgin zone.

On a similar note, it has been known for De Rol Le (The worm at the end of the mines) to speed up every now and then (online). Had this happen to me 3 out of 7 times and have heard reports of it.. Has anyone else experienaced this..?

Mengy
Mar 2, 2001, 02:26 PM
I've seen this many times with Sinow, but never with Hildebears. You can actually get the sinows to follow you through a hallway and into another room, once there you can attack them again. In the hallways they are invincible though. I saw a guy get a sinow to follow him through no less than 3 rooms one time!

Mistkerl_Zwo
Mar 2, 2001, 05:42 PM
Yeah,

its the same glitch that allows players to wiggle through locked doors (which i officially mastered last night thanks to the extreme help of some friendly PSO worlders!_).

Once they start clipping the door barrier, if they move one hair past the boundary, it will push them through

Ukyou
Mar 3, 2001, 03:58 PM
I've had Sinow beats follow me all the tim, but not Hildebears. Also one time in the mines, you know that large room that's shaped like a 'S' or 'N' depending on how you look at it? I was across a gap from a Sinow beat when it jumped at me and was just floating in mid-air.