PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on this mess up

darkfalz16
Dec 7, 2008, 08:23 PM
how long do you think it will take them to fix this problem? i'd say another hour or two

norrisj15
Dec 7, 2008, 08:24 PM
I'm happy. I failed one of my 2 Armas lines, so now I get a 2nd shot at both of them :).

Probably wont be fixed till tomorrow to be honest. It's sunday. When does Sega work on a sunday?

Broodstar1337
Dec 7, 2008, 08:25 PM
I'm happy. I failed one of my 2 Armas lines, so now I get a 2nd shot at both of them :).

Probably wont be fixed till tomorrow to be honest. It's sunday. When does Sega work on a sunday?

They'll work this Sunday if they don't wanna look like complete screw-ups.

Wait, too late for that.

darkfalz16
Dec 7, 2008, 08:25 PM
obivously they were working today if they were able to put the servers back up and take them down again

Luke77
Dec 7, 2008, 08:29 PM
LMAO, but really im pretty pissed, i lost pretty mch everything :(

RubyEclipse
We're working on it right now. We don't normally work on Sundays, but this an exception and I think everyone agrees that the faster we can get servers up (and fixed), the better. :)

PSULegend
I was the one that wanted this rollback its due to the fact the my first slot character was either hacked or it was from the downtime.
I have reported this Ruby Eclipse as soon as I got on.

And my friend tells me this happened to others players to.

oooFokkerooo
Dec 7, 2008, 08:30 PM
Hmmm... so I just got like 5 par walnu a goldania and blau board before it went down again. Safe to assume all that will be lost?

nyoro_n
Dec 7, 2008, 08:31 PM
i hope i can at least play for AN hour XD it's 8:30pm right now.

oh and ruby, it didn't work so no worries. (someone told me it'd work but i didn't try it til last second)

i wonder what caused it to do that.

also was there more than 1 person who lost their character? my friend lost his character of lv 110ish to a character named "." lv 1

edit: nevermind he posted XD *pokes "." :P

darkfalz16
Dec 7, 2008, 08:32 PM
nice hopefully sonic team can get this fixed soon as i want to play and hopefully find an armas line. my room was fine btw

Cracka_J
Dec 7, 2008, 08:39 PM
Man, if they rollback to thursday night after maintenance, I'm done with this game. That's the last straw for me.

And yes, I'll be "gibbing" rarz.

nyoro_n
Dec 7, 2008, 08:41 PM
Man, if they rollback to thursday night after maintenance, I'm done with this game. That's the last straw for me.

And yes, I'll be "gibbing" rarz.

no they won't, they'll rollback til last night most likely.

i'm gonna check for my battlestopper and if i don't have it i will baw my brains out to ruby.

but i really don't want a GBR extension. cuz of what happened with MAG + updates

darkfalz16
Dec 7, 2008, 08:42 PM
most likely me as well i found a ton of shyt like lumirus kaos knight to be precise hopefully they backed up the servers bfr the power maint.

Aisha379
Dec 7, 2008, 08:42 PM
We're working on it right now. We don't normally work on Sundays, but this an exception and I think everyone agrees that the faster we can get servers up (and fixed), the better. :)

I don't suppose you have a rough ETA on when it'll be fixed?

RubyEclipse
Dec 7, 2008, 08:43 PM
Not currently Aisha, but I'll try to report in at 6 PM Pacific (about 15 minutes) with new info in the other thread.

DraginHikari
Dec 7, 2008, 08:44 PM
I'm not heavily concerned... more then likely they performed they're usual back-up before the power maintance began... this is a fairly standard procedure because power maintance can result in alot of damaged equipment if something were to go wrong.

Yusaku_Kudou
The 360 demo server is up and everything is fine.... :( The demo is so boring!!

Raveno
what causes them to be not fixed? shutting them down causes a problem?

lainofthewired
Thanks for the info Ruby.

Aixiao
Dec 7, 2008, 08:45 PM
Since it seems it's only a handful of people, maybe the server that had all that info got fried out or something.

Powder Keg
Dec 7, 2008, 08:46 PM
There really should be backup data from before the servers were taken down.

It'd really be something if one wasn't made, though.

DraginHikari
Dec 7, 2008, 08:47 PM
Since it seems it's only a handful of people, maybe the server that had all that info got fried out or something.

Well I'm not entirely sure how there servers are set up but anything's possible... power maintances can be rather tricky or hard on electrionics in general anyway, it's fairly possible for things to get reset easily.

hewitt
Dec 7, 2008, 08:48 PM
Wasn't a handful. I checked the shops and only like half of all the results that usually come up
appeared. Most of the people on my card list were affected, too.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 7, 2008, 08:49 PM
Wasn't a handful. I checked the shops and only like half of all the results that usually come up
appeared.
That's likely because people hadn't logged back in yet. Same thing happens after regular maintenance, or at least it used to.

Aisha379
Dec 7, 2008, 08:56 PM
There really should be backup data from before the servers were taken down.

It'd really be something if one wasn't made, though.

Thats the only thing that worries me - exactly how many backup copies do they keep?

If its only one, and they accidentally overwrote it with whatever is wrong still in there, then that could cause a ton of trouble.

I doubt thats the case, but it still makes you wonder.

Elite Hippie
Dec 7, 2008, 08:58 PM
lol nice also i wonder if this has to do with if you were online as the servers went down i wonder if sega decided to let the power just go out :)

Cracka_J
Dec 7, 2008, 09:00 PM
All we can really do is wait for word from Ruby. Further speculation is gonna cause many people to be fixing drywall next week (myself included), so let's just chill and wait for what the word is.

Tetsaru
Dec 7, 2008, 09:03 PM
-_-X

Why the fuck does this happen so often?

Here I was, reluctant to renew my subscription a few weeks ago, then we finally hear about Parum GBR coming. OHBOYEE!

Now, after this bullshit power maintenance thing goes on, Segac can't even get the servers back up properly. Since I'm a PC player, I'm scared as to what may have happened to all the items I've acquired, not to mention the hundred of hours I've put into the game. OH FUCKING BOYEE.

Needless to say, congratulations on once again fucking up a perfectly good game, Segac. If this isn't fixed VERY soon, I might as well consider this the final nail in PSU's coffin.

RubyEclipse, I know you're a nice guy. I had the honor of personally meeting you a few nights ago in-game to possibly conduct a trade. But... I REALLY wish you would tell me why Segac has to be so secretive about everything, and not tell us what the fuck is going on. Is it because you people honestly don't know? Is that it?? Is it REALLY that difficult???

The playerbase has spoken out EVER SINCE THE GAME WAS RELEASED about possible ways to improve it, and little has been done. If Segac isn't going to give a rat's ass about their NA/EU players (and no, addressing this possible rollback problem doesn't count - this NEVER SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE), then I may as well just move on to FFXI like all my friends (who quit PSU a LOOOONG time ago, I might add) have been begging me to do. If I wanted to get fucked up, I'd spend my $10 on a cheap prostitute.

Square-Enix listens to its playerbase. Blizzard listens to their playerbase too. Apparently, Segac does not, because they never can properly address the numerous problems that arise within this game. And I've said it a million times already: if this continues to happen, I fail to see Segac turning any profits from this game, and they WILL continue to lose money - and in turn, Ruby, you may end up losing your job because Segac won't be able to support you any more. That's NOT a threat - just a bitter truth.

If you want to avoid this fate, then I implore you, just like everyone here and on the official forums have been trying to do for MONTHS now, listen to the playerbase, and address the problems that should have been solved ages ago. If I were in your shoes, Ruby, I'd give your higher ups a piece of my mind on this issue. If it got you fired, would that REALLY make much of a difference, considering how poorly Segac has been doing lately?? I honestly don't see much of a future with them... at least, not on the NA/EU side. =/

DraginHikari
Dec 7, 2008, 09:04 PM
Thats the only thing that worries me - exactly how many backup copies do they keep?

If its only one, and they accidentally overwrote it with whatever is wrong still in there, then that could cause a ton of trouble.

I doubt thats the case, but it still makes you wonder.

Well I don't claim to be an expert on the issue but most companies from what I've seen tend to keep several copies of the back up and keep several past back-ups on top of that to sometimes as far as six months back.

But I have no idea how Sega would go about that.

Nagidar
Dec 7, 2008, 09:07 PM
-_-X

Why the fuck does this happen so often?

Here I was, reluctant to renew my subscription a few weeks ago, then we finally hear about Parum GBR coming. OHBOYEE!

Now, after this bullshit power maintenance thing goes on, Segac can't even get the servers back up properly. Since I'm a PC player, I'm scared as to what may have happened to all the items I've acquired, not to mention the hundred of hours I've put into the game. OH FUCKING BOYEE.

Needless to say, congratulations on once again fucking up a perfectly good game, Segac. If this isn't fixed VERY soon, I might as well consider this the final nail in PSU's coffin.

RubyEclipse, I know you're a nice guy. I had the honor of personally meeting you a few nights ago in-game to possibly conduct a trade. But... I REALLY wish you would tell me why Segac has to be so secretive about everything, and not tell us what the fuck is going on. Is it because you people honestly don't know? Is that it?? Is it REALLY that difficult???

The playerbase has spoken out EVER SINCE THE GAME WAS RELEASED about possible ways to improve it, and little has been done. If Segac isn't going to give a rat's ass about their NA/EU players (and no, addressing this possible rollback problem doesn't count - this NEVER SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE), then I may as well just move on to FFXI like all my friends (who quit PSU a LOOOONG time ago, I might add) have been begging me to do. If I wanted to get fucked up, I'd spend my $10 on a cheap prostitute.

Square-Enix listens to its playerbase. Blizzard listens to their playerbase too. Apparently, Segac does not, because they never can properly address the numerous problems that arise within this game. And I've said it a million times already: if this continues to happen, I fail to see Segac turning any profits from this game, and they WILL continue to lose money - and in turn, Ruby, you may end up losing your job because Segac won't be able to support you any more. That's NOT a threat - just a bitter truth.

If you want to avoid this fate, then I implore you, just like everyone here and on the official forums have been trying to do for MONTHS now, listen to the playerbase, and address the problems that should have been solved ages ago. If I were in your shoes, Ruby, I'd give your higher ups a piece of my mind on this issue. If it got you fired, would that REALLY make much of a difference, considering how poorly Segac has been doing lately?? I honestly don't see much of a future with them... at least, not on the NA/EU side. =/

Unfortunately, SEGAs screw ups started before the first PSU was released, no mandatory HDD started the whole problem, they can't fix any major glitches in the game because they cannot overwrite the game code, they cannot create and release new content, they can't really listen to the user base if they wanted too, they screwed up to begin with...

EDIT: On a side note, the new Star Wars MMO sounds pretty good, anyone else heard about this?

PepperCat
Dec 7, 2008, 09:08 PM
-_-XRAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGEEEE!! =/

No srsly Tetsu, good points. I pretty much agreed with everything, except going to FFXI... eww.

In Yoda voice: Flows strongly the Dark Side does in you.

LovelyCorinn
Dec 7, 2008, 09:14 PM
Just logged in, everything is fine, no reset caught me eventually, glad for that.

oooFokkerooo
Dec 7, 2008, 09:18 PM
I thought the servers were down due to power outage in San Francisco... power on = server on. Why would they try to include an update?

nirvash12142007
Dec 7, 2008, 10:17 PM
hi finaly the ps2 servers are back online well i'll c ya all online

Broodstar1337
Dec 8, 2008, 05:45 AM
Servers have been rolled back to just right after Friday's update.

nirvash12142007
Dec 8, 2008, 01:19 PM
Servers have been rolled back to just right after Friday's update.
they said they rolled them back to right after they went down where they made a backup before performing the maintence and update to the servers

HeY_iTz_LiNxX
Dec 8, 2008, 03:14 PM
We had a rollback (obviously). The Servers were shut down as of Saturday 8:11PM Est. There, we had everything. Sunday 9:24PM Est (Aprox) We came back, and had all of our items, GBR %, ect. The Next Day...BAM! Everythng is gone.
Which leads me to my reason...If we had all our items on:
-Saturday: 8:11PM Est
and
-Sunday: 9:24PM Est (aprox)

Why doesn't Sega reload the information from one of those dates?

I lost:
- Lumirus/Kaos Knight
- 2 Battlestoppers
- 41% GBR Bonus
- Various Weapons
- 28% Lightning Serafi-Senba
- 12 Mill

All of this stuff was way too time consuming to recieve again...Please...I want reasons why we rolled back to Friday Morning. (1st day of GBR)

SStrikerR
Dec 8, 2008, 03:18 PM
Way too time-consuming? What, a few days? See this a plot. "Let's find some way to delete their items so they have to keep paying us to find them all again!"

HeY_iTz_LiNxX
Dec 8, 2008, 03:20 PM
Way too time-consuming? What, a few days? See this a plot. "Let's find some way to delete their items so they have to keep paying us to find them all again!"

Let's look at it this way:
"Because of the rollback, and Sega's reaction to it, more people have quit within the last 12 hours then there have in the last 3 months"

*Phoenix*
Dec 8, 2008, 03:35 PM
*Laughs* I think people getting all bent out of shape and quitting, which I doubt is the case, are just dumb. I mean, yea, it sucks! But what are we gonna do? Nothing. So lets just let Segac handle their stuff and things will go back to normal'ish. I just want to be able to level my character to 150 and have more new missions, as for items, eh...I'll get 'em when I get 'em.

And to those who lost everything, I'm sorry, just shake it off and keep moving...perhaps you'll find something even better ;) ;)

Tyreek
Dec 8, 2008, 03:47 PM
From the front page:
Update at 5:15 am EST: The Xbox 360 servers are online again. Due to unexpected data corruption though, it was necessary to rollback to a Friday save state. That means that any progress that players may have been made on the Xbox 360 servers since Friday has been nullified.

Will you calm down now?

*Phoenix*
Dec 8, 2008, 03:57 PM
Again...I don't need your trolling. I want legit resons why we couldn't roll back to the times above.

Ummm..Dear, I think you should chill just a lil. I know you're upset, but getting all bent out of shape and all that is not the best thing. Also, they probably didn't rollback to those times because of the server being down during those times, I would assume. Also, I highly doubt Segac does a back up every night...tho I could be wrong. Heh. :-P

Kylie
Dec 8, 2008, 05:14 PM
I don't blame people for quitting. Some people are just tired of this crap, and it's sad to see yet another screw up like this right after people were starting to restore their faith in the game. I'm grateful that it didn't hit my server hard, but I still feel bad for the people on the other server that lost a lot. It's not cool.

Powder Keg
Dec 8, 2008, 05:47 PM
It sucks, but it's only one day, small price to pay compared to what happened to players priror to the rollback. Play in a week and you'll forget about it. It could've been equipment failure, or a screwup on an employee's part, we're never going to know. I can't say I blame some people for quitting, but that's just what I think.

Delete
Dec 8, 2008, 08:23 PM
*Laughs* I think people getting all bent out of shape and quitting, which I doubt is the case, are just dumb. I mean, yea, it sucks! But what are we gonna do? Nothing. So lets just let Segac handle their stuff and things will go back to normal'ish. I just want to be able to level my character to 150 and have more new missions, as for items, eh...I'll get 'em when I get 'em.

And to those who lost everything, I'm sorry, just shake it off and keep moving...perhaps you'll find something even better ;) ;)

Your new i guess, but for us hardcore psu players, we do take this pretty bad, while you maybe loss a 20% bucaneer, and 200k, we loss millions of meseta and stuff like red walls and kaos knights. Weapons that came out at good %s. People have a dam right to quit. I would to, but im an idiot and will replay it anyway. Your right though, we cant do nothing, which pisses me off even more.

First it was that rare mission, which was asking for a rollback, rappys,jaos, and blackheart-droppin dudes, Darbleans i think are there names, Then, there was those 3 letters that i dare not like to say, MAG (sorry), i dont even need to get into that. Now this stuff. Dam U SEGA.

Also, sorry if this sounded rude, im just really mad.

DreXxiN
Dec 8, 2008, 09:21 PM
You didn't delete, you're absolutely right. Phoenix is just lol.

HeY_iTz_LiNxX
Dec 8, 2008, 10:12 PM
I don't blame people for quitting. Some people are just tired of this crap, and it's sad to see yet another screw up like this right after people were starting to restore their faith in the game. I'm grateful that it didn't hit my server hard, but I still feel bad for the people on the other server that lost a lot. It's not cool.

I agree with you! I pay $10 a month to play a game without any major problems. AS OF THIS WEEKEND: If I can't find a Kaos Knight, I will be quiting...

ashley50
Dec 8, 2008, 10:47 PM
I agree with you! I pay $10 a month to play a game without any major problems. AS OF THIS WEEKEND: If I can't find a Kaos Knight, I will be quiting...

Good...you're doing yourself a favor