PDA

View Full Version : Most 'complete' DS game to date?

Epically Leet
Dec 12, 2008, 10:05 AM
Sure, there are alot of great DS games out there (there's a reason that the DS is my favorite console alongside the NES), but looking at all the features in this one, it seems so... complete. Not only does the game LOOK awesome as hell, but all these smaller things; Everything from the chat function to the equipment screen. These little things adds so much to the game, which is something more developers should take notice of.

This is seemingly as complete as Phantasy Star Online was, and it's freakin' handheld. It involves so much awesomeness that it's overwhelming. I have no doubts at all that I will be glued to my DS for hours upon hours.

Anyway, does anyone agree? I sure agree with myself... obviously.

Shiroyu
Dec 12, 2008, 10:51 AM
I'm going to have to agree. I've had a DS ever since launch day, and honestly, this game has more stuff in it than in any game I've seen or played so far. The only ones that I would think come close are SquEnix games, like The World Ends with You, Dragon Quest IX, and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (Poor-man's PSO?), but it doesn't even seem that those would compare. (Then again, DQ9 isn't out yet, soo...)

But yeah. It's almost hard to imagine that Sonic Team's putting so much work and effort into this game when a bunch of crap is on the shelves.

Akaimizu
Dec 12, 2008, 11:02 AM
I would say this is definitely a big game for the DS, just like the PSP was for the PSP. However, there's a lot of *complete* games on the DS, that afford a whole lot of hours of enjoyment. For instance, Disgaea was ported and any copy of Disgaea is a *complete* experience. If you haven't played it, or played it for 1000+ hours like many folks have, do yourself a favor and pick it up. Unless you don't like turn-based Strategy RPG.

Another good candidate would be the recently-released Age of Empires: Mythologies. It's another turn-based game, but based more on building armies, utilizing mythological god powers, and using crazy mythological units. It's a big PC strategy game crammed into a little unit. A very complete game, with a wi-fi multiplayer option.

So as it seems, when it comes to strategy, the DS has games that are as complete as they can get.

Raikusxox
Dec 12, 2008, 11:48 AM
I agree, this is one of those near perfect DS games. The others imo being Animal Crossing: Wild World, Nintendogs, Final Fantasy III, V, and Nintendogs.

Epically Leet
Dec 12, 2008, 01:56 PM
I'm glad people agree.

Akaimizu: I have played Disgaea. For about an our or so. I love TRPGs and all, and Disgaea is by far the most complete TRPG I've played. The fact that you can actually move around in real-time outside of maps = awesome! But, one thing ruined it for me... The theme of the game, and the voice of the protagonist. :/

I prefer not to play as a boy who have yet to hit puberty.

Dragwind
Dec 13, 2008, 03:45 AM
Well, data compression just keeps getting better and better. I'm not sure about most complete, but I'm willing to barter that this might just be the most played DS title out of most DS owners here :wacko:

Epically Leet
Dec 13, 2008, 01:58 PM
Haha, yeah, no kidding. :D

ShadowInferno119
Dec 13, 2008, 02:09 PM
I'm not sure about most complete, but I'm willing to barter that this might just be the most played DS title out of most DS owners here.

Eh, except for me. My most played game will be Metroid Prime Hunters, I don't think there will be a game that will beat that. However I Love Online RPGs (MMORPG's really) a lot more then FPS' so we will see.

Epically Leet
Dec 13, 2008, 10:36 PM
I have clocked about 100 hours on MPH I believe. :P

Shiroyu
Dec 14, 2008, 01:17 AM
MPH was great... but all the Trace users online kinda made me hate it. In a match with 3 cloaked and camping snipers, things get annoying kinda fast.

That said, while I think PSŲ will probably be in my DS a lot, it still won't beat the amount of hours I put into Daigasso! Band Brothers/DX.

Epically Leet
Dec 14, 2008, 03:27 AM
Yeah, agreed. I hate Trace with a passion.

Anyway; By ''complete'' I'm not referring to how addicting and generally good a game is, but rather its content. How it not only is great, but also has an enormous amount of additional things pumped in to it (can be anything from a decent chat system to a perfect amount of equipments), making it ''complete.'' I mean, personally, I could not call a music game ''complete.'' Maybe complete for being a music game, but not more than that. But again, that's just me. In my eyes, for a game to be complete it has to have some form of story to it, things to collect... not to mention... a character. It has to have a character.

SubstanceD
Dec 15, 2008, 01:26 PM
If I get the same feeling playing this that I do when I when I play PSO Episodes 1 and 2 then yes, PS Zero will be the most complete DS game to date.

I own quite a few DS games and while many are good very few have been able to hold my attention for more then a few weeks before I abandon them for good. Hopefully PS Zero will remedy this little problem.

Vanzazikon
Dec 15, 2008, 01:41 PM
I wouldn't want to say anything that I would end up eating later on. Indeed, it has promise, yet there are other questions still not answered. I wouldn't say completed for me, but it does meet the requirements for me to give it a big fat
YES!!!

Need I make it any bigger? ;)

Side Note: Substance D 1 more post for 1,000! =O

Epically Leet
Dec 15, 2008, 04:28 PM
He has now passed it, and I think he failed to acknowledge it, too.

...But how could I know that?

Xiao Gui
Dec 16, 2008, 11:27 PM
I would have to say that Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass has definitely been the most satisfying DS game for me up to this point. The game does the best job I've seen so far of really using the DS's capabilities with puzzles and battles, which makes it interesting to play. I'm surprised nobody mentioned this yet? lol

As far as PS0, I expect a really great game of what should have been a follow up to PSO I & II :p

Iduno
Dec 19, 2008, 07:59 AM
Kind of, I think it will be the most complete game of its type, there have been games of a similar style released before but they have always seem to only have local multi card multiplayer (so basically it's the same as having no multiplayer)

I'm just really hoping friend codes or a lack of players don't screw this up though.

Epically Leet
Dec 19, 2008, 10:31 AM
I would have to say that Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass has definitely been the most satisfying DS game for me up to this point. The game does the best job I've seen so far of really using the DS's capabilities with puzzles and battles, which makes it interesting to play. I'm surprised nobody mentioned this yet? lol

Yet another one not getting what I mean by ''complete,'' eh? I wasn't talking about the satisfaction factor alone. By my definition of ''complete,'' Phantom Hourglass is far from it. Read my posts for the definition.

Not surprised that no-one has mentioned it.

DeathMachine
Dec 19, 2008, 01:37 PM
Try not to get so worked up. It was that person's opinion! Just like you have yours. That's how fights break out. (Didn't you get in a fight with someone else here too? Calm down!)