PDA

View Full Version : AotI Quickest way to get more ATP?

Haxx
Dec 14, 2008, 10:08 AM
I am currently running a level 20 Beast.

Hunter 1
Ranger 4
Force 5
Acrotecher 1

I really want to use Whips (and TECHNICS) but the Whips have a huge ATP requirement.

Correct me if any of this is wrong, but it seems to me that my stats are based entirely on my Race and current Type. I believe this is modified by my previous Type levels (i.e. leveling up as a Ranger will give me a small permanent (regardless of current Type) ATA bonus). This weapons requirements are for the base state, without factoring in any Slots.

So would leveling up as a Hunter give me the quickest (permanent) stat increase for my ATP? or am I wrong about everything in the previous paragraph?

Hrith
Dec 14, 2008, 11:15 AM
No.

Your stats are determined by your current character level and your current job level, nothing else. Previous jobs are irrelevant.
Your only way to get more ATP is to level up (either job or character, but both tend to go hand in hand), welcome to GRINDAN!1

Haxx
Dec 14, 2008, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the clarification. Looks like GBR grinding for me.

Pillan
Dec 14, 2008, 01:18 PM
The fastest way to use whips is to level up Wartecher. However, they have an A rank cap, so you may just wish to wait it out as Acrotecher if you're going for S rank whips.

Genoa
Dec 14, 2008, 02:23 PM
You might prefer using whips as an Acrotecher. Wartecher gets lvl.30 skills as it's cap, Acrotecher only gets lvl.20 skills as it's cap, however, they can use S-rank whips and attack faster with melee weapons (and cast faster with technics in comparison to other techers)
Stat mods at job lvl.20:
Wartecher:
HP: 150% ATP: 132% ATA: 110% TP: 132% DFP: 146% EVP: 180% MST: 150% STA: 100%
Acrotecher:
HP: 122% ATP: 116% ATA: 160% TP: 150% DFP: 120% EVP: 230% MST: 200% STA: 100%
If you were a human or newman Wartecher, you get an additional +3% to all stats as Wartecher.
If you were a human Acrotecher, you get an additional +5% to all stats as Acrotecher

Beasts only get a +3% bonus to all stats as Hunter and Fortefighter.
You should try both classes out, Wartecher has some nice beefy stats with a decent weapon selection.
Acrotecher is pretty tough too, not as much as Wartecher, but still does very well. However, as a beast, your attack technique damage won't be as powerful as your melee/ranged options, but if you want to use attack techs then go for it.
Wartecher: 30 Skills // 20 bullets // 30 attack techs // 20 support techs (support will be lvl.30 once master classes are released)
Acrotecher: 20 Skills // 20 bullets // 30 attack techs // 40 support techs (support will be lvl.50 once master classes are released)
Don't forget, Acrotecher attacks slightly faster with melee weapons and casts techs slightly faster.

Kumlekar
Dec 16, 2008, 12:42 PM
Fastest way to gain ATP for whips? LEVEL! Both character level and class level matter. Just grind away as acro or wartecher.