PDA

View Full Version : Noob Questions.

Raniar
Dec 15, 2008, 07:41 PM
Ok, Before my question, for you to understand my situation here's a little resumé of my experiance with PSU.

I played this game in 2 seperate sequence. First one was during the winter event ( like a year ago ) ... there was an XP boost and I leveled to lvl 90 real fast ( 150 hours of gameplay ) And now I just came back to PSU and there's this GBR that's really nice beauce it boost my drop rate like crazy.. i'm already at 40% !

Yeah ok you get it, I like the game and all that BUT, the fact is i'm soon to be a lvl 100 and I barely have 200hrs of gameplay.... so I'm still a big noob if you know what I mean.

I'd like to know how's the game when there's no events. Because to tell you the truth, I look foward to this because all these missions that I have never done before i'd like to run them sometimes. What's the normal game like, people are only doing 2 or 3 mission because they give the best reward and that's it ? Or can you find groups to do a bunch of random missions ?!?!?

that was my first part of the post ( sorry long post ) i'm really a noob and need some direction.

-----------------------

Bad decisions : I've been a wartecher since I play this game. But didnt understood until now why is this class gimped. With the new MC, WT is just 30 across the board...
Knowing that I use Melee and support spells, who wants to be a Wartecher when you can be an Acrotecher ?!?!? what's the point of the Wartecher class ?!
Wartecher and Acrotecher are similar... But think about it, The Acrotecher is better at support and better at Damage too, because with his lvl 50 buffs he'll out damage the WT in the long run...

Now i'm thinking, why didnt I saw that before.. right now I'm trying to level Ranger up to lvl 3 to start my Acrotecher's career.. but I did a couple beginning missions and it only gives me like 5 mission points ... that's not really productive.
what should I do ?! any tricks you vets have ?

My next question, is there only one single PA skill for the whip ? I didnt see any at the item exchange mission nor in the weapon shop.. except for the one I already have.

So yeah that's about it.. i'm in a transition period. and need some direction. it's tough to get into that game after long break not knowing anybody that play this game.

That's alot of questions, if someone can take a few minutes to help me out that would be cool. and I know my english is not perfect specially my grammar skills so please don't be rude i'm doing my best right there, it's my second langage.

Peace. !

Raniar

Majarra
Dec 15, 2008, 08:06 PM
1. sadly most people spam a mission. so it would be hard to find a party whos doing different mission. though sometimes people do a "world tour" were they do all the missions.
2. If your playing V1 missions thatll take you forever. The expansion missions like white beast is where everyone usaully is. expansion missions give you the MP, money, and EXP.
3. Nah theres 2 whip PAs. the one at the NPC shop vivi grudda. and the one vivi danga. viva danga is 40 PA frags. [you get frags for getting a S-rank on S or S2 missions]. Its at the moatoob guardian branch.
And what servers do you play on? 360 or PC/PS2?

TecherRamen
Dec 15, 2008, 08:46 PM
The game is pretty quiet in between events. if you are good at what you do and know how to be a team player you can find people that do more than just the regularly spammed missions. I play this game between events, always have. Alot of the V1 missions are fun but not very rewarding so they dont get much attention. If youre on PC/PS2 ill do some random runs with you, I hate grinding the same mission over and over so im always looking for people to run obscure missions.

Kumlekar
Dec 16, 2008, 12:09 AM
All weapons have at least 2 PA's, the non-shop ones are found at the guardian branch item exchange missions.

Wartecher is probably the most underpowered class in the game right now. Its supposed to be heavy melee, but instead gets A rank or nothing in the most powerful melee weapons, normal tech casting speed, and generally bad design. Acro classes came out later and are far more powerful. Even guntecher is arguably better. (Now if they gave wartecher s-rank tech mags, and a TP/ATP boost, the class would be good) S-rank wands is kinda a stupid choice for a melee class.

Raniar
Dec 16, 2008, 12:21 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys.

And what servers do you play on? 360 or PC/PS2?

360, Raniar LVL 98 Human
But right now i'm gimped for a day or two cuz i'm a ranger with C weapons and tomorrow i'll be Acrotecher lvl 1.

One more question guys :
Where's the Buffs party usually appear. I can't remember I used to knew it back in that days.

Dragwind
Dec 16, 2008, 08:28 AM
Players usually have goals for their characters. Some people might do hunts to improve their gear with friends on certain missions, raise other classes, make money, level PAs, etc. That's what people usually do when there aren't any events.

I can't say I agree with your opinions on WT, as I play both WT and aT very, very differently. I use AT more for support and nuking, with some whip usage for AoE. WT I use mostly melee, line techs for piercing, some support techs if needed, and whips quite often due to the higher DFP, HP, and less EVA alongside lvl 30 melee cap for great AoE damage. Not to mention access to Majarra.

So I wouldn't say you made a bad choice, but maybe WT just wasn't the style you were looking for. I also recommend Vivi Danga for whichever whip class you play.

Genoa
Dec 16, 2008, 03:15 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150891
Statistics on all the types.
If you've been Wartecher the whole time, you're going to miss those beefy stats. Wartecher has very nice HP, ATP, MST, EVP and decent TP.
Acrotecher is still pretty strong however.
But out of all the techer types, Wartecher is definitely the tank on the field.

Pillan
Dec 16, 2008, 03:37 PM
The Wartecher versus Acrotecher argument is a pretty simple one. Alone, there isn’t much difference stat wise. Yes, you may see Wartecher has higher DFP and HP, but then you might recall that armor cuts the DFP difference almost in half and then Deband cancels out the rest of it. Add Jellen in and the Acrotecher is taking less damage per hit. And the HP difference is killed by the higher level Giresta access. The ATP difference is killed by the speed and buff differences. And that basically kills every advantage listed at the moment. Then you can add in Acrotecher’s higher TP, higher technique attack speed, higher MST, higher EVP, better ranged options…

Where’s Wartecher’s real advantage? Well, they have access to more and stronger melee options. Quite frankly, they can Majarra everything faster than an Acrotecher can kill things. I’d actually rate Wartecher at a severe disadvantage with whips because that higher speed really helps at getting off the second part of Vivi Danga, which has an elongated pause before dealing incredible damage to six targets. Also, Acrotecher’s solo advantages all fade if the Wartecher is in a party with someone that has stronger buffs.

They can play as “the second force,” but they’re not any good as a primary one. Also, most people will argue that you’d be better off if the Wartecher was something else.

Dragwind
Dec 17, 2008, 11:10 AM
Using WT's own buffs and jellen isn't too bad as well, it's makes the difference really minor in terms of both classes taking damage. I brought up having less EVP due to being less likely to block with melee, but even with WT's semi-high EVP, it's still too minor to make any real difference.

For someone who doesn't like to use the second part of Vivi Danga's knockback (not often at least) as both classes, the speed difference doesn't mean anything to me. I do use it sometimes (on SEED Ardites for instance), but I've never had much of an issue being able to get it to connect as either class.

Although the way you will use melee and techs vary for both, it's simply put-

If you want better melee with minor nuking and support- Wartecher.
If you want better nuking and top-notch support with minor melee- Acrotecher.

Raniar
Dec 18, 2008, 02:36 PM
If you want better melee with minor nuking and support- Wartecher.
If you want better nuking and top-notch support with minor melee- Acrotecher.

I think you nailed that one..
Acrotecher fits me better. I just got a s*** load of tech leveling to do.