PDA

View Full Version : Let me introduce myself.

Tummai
Dec 16, 2008, 08:54 AM
Hello, I'm Tummai.

When I was a kid, my brother got me a Sega Genesis for my birthday. The games he gave me were Sonic (which came with the Genesis), Phantasy Star 2, and Phantasy Star 1 with the SMS Converter. So I'm one of the old timers :).

I played PS1-4 back in the day, and then I kinda stopped playing video games altogether, so I'm completely lost touch with the series. I don't know anything about PSOnline or PSUniverse.

I just started playing games again, mostly to help me study Japanese (I live in Japan now), and I was thrilled to find out about Phantasy Star Zero, since I have a DS. I won't be able to get it the day it comes out, but I'm going to grab it as soon as I can.

Anyway, that's about it for me. Oh, I have a little blog where I translate Japanese game news into English. It's just a little site and I only do one article a day, but I'll be keeping an eye out for Phantasy Star related stuff to share with you guys.

Nice to be here!

Anduril
Dec 16, 2008, 10:54 AM
Hi. Welcome to PSO-World. Enjoy your stay. Read the rules. :sevenup:

Vanzazikon
Dec 16, 2008, 11:47 AM
Hey, welcome to PSOW! A translator for PSZ huh. That's awesome ^^

Freeze
Dec 16, 2008, 12:16 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s20/DeepfreezeRAmar/AmandaBBwelcome.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s20/DeepfreezeRAmar/iceburgwelcome-2.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s20/DeepfreezeRAmar/heidiwelcome2-1.jpg

SStrikerR
Dec 16, 2008, 03:55 PM
Welcome! I look forward to checking out your site.

Tummai
Dec 16, 2008, 06:01 PM
Thanks everyone. Just finished reading the rules :) Looking forward to hanging out here.

SStrikerR
Dec 16, 2008, 06:10 PM
Just finished reading the rules :)
Someone give this guy a million dollars. Now.

Voison
Dec 16, 2008, 07:01 PM
Welcome. :D

Tummai
Dec 17, 2008, 07:16 PM
Someone give this guy a million dollars. Now.

Yes, please do! :) I could do some things with that kind of money.

Vanzazikon
Dec 18, 2008, 03:10 AM
Yes, please do! :) I could do some things with that kind of money.Alright, Ryan! You give him 999,999 mesetas and I'll give him one meseta. :D

Clidante
Dec 18, 2008, 05:54 AM
Heya, welcome to the site.
What do you do over in Japan then? I originally wanted to teach over there but am in China instead.

Kudos for the site by the way, i've actually been on it a few times ^^ Maybe i'll catch you on PS0 when you grab it.

Tummai
Dec 18, 2008, 06:39 AM
Heya, welcome to the site.
What do you do over in Japan then? I originally wanted to teach over there but am in China instead.

Kudos for the site by the way, i've actually been on it a few times ^^ Maybe i'll catch you on PS0 when you grab it.

Right now I'm teaching. And I will be for at least another 2 years. I'd like to get into translation work in the future though. That's the main reason I started the blog actually, to have something to translate everyday. Having an audience makes me accountable so I don't slack off too much. :)

Can't wait for PSZ. I wish I could get it on release day.

Clidante
Dec 18, 2008, 07:13 AM
Nice. I've just started teaching in China, and really like it here and want to stay longer, but i may have to return 'home' after another year or so, which is a shame.

Hoping that if my mandarin gets good enough i could put it to use doing some interpretation work back home maybe, who knows eh?

Hopefully PlayAsia comes through with the goods, i've not used them before. Buying DS games in China is pretty damn near impossible. I've had to ask my friend from England to buy and bring me a Ninty Wifi USB connector and bring it here when he visits me this week.... just because i can't find one in my part of China :-(

And rest assured that you'll have at least one regular reader of your site pressuring you to update! ^^

Tummai
Dec 21, 2008, 09:47 AM
Nice. I've just started teaching in China, and really like it here and want to stay longer, but i may have to return 'home' after another year or so, which is a shame.

Hoping that if my mandarin gets good enough i could put it to use doing some interpretation work back home maybe, who knows eh?

Hopefully PlayAsia comes through with the goods, i've not used them before. Buying DS games in China is pretty damn near impossible. I've had to ask my friend from England to buy and bring me a Ninty Wifi USB connector and bring it here when he visits me this week.... just because i can't find one in my part of China :-(

And rest assured that you'll have at least one regular reader of your site pressuring you to update! ^^

Why do you have to return home? My teaching contract will run out in 2.5 years, but I'm hoping my Japanese will be good enough by then to get a job here, probably in translation.

Is PlayAsia the company that has been shipping people their PSZero pre-orders like a week early? That would be sweet to get it before the release date.

I would've thought that getting DS games in China would be a cinch. Is the system not popular there at all?