PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 Need Mission Points quick !!

Marlec
Dec 16, 2008, 11:18 AM
Ok so we got Masterclasses coming on the 19th and so after taking a 9 month break from the game i have started playing again :) but as a Fortegunner lvl 15 i need Guntecher lvl 10 aswell for Gunmaster.

I need to lvl Gt upto 10 real quick this loss in stats is painful :( i was told to do egg thieves but no one is playing that mission & i cant do it solo, if anyone wants to lvl a type aswell quick i will be waiting at the counter. If anyone else has a suggestion i would be grateful for some advise.

Kinako78
Dec 16, 2008, 11:28 AM
Are you on PC/PS2?

DarkEliteRico
Dec 16, 2008, 11:28 AM
Go join in on any of the current GBR missions an just pull a support GT, you'll have GT 10 in no time

Kinako78
Dec 16, 2008, 11:30 AM
shoot...my brain's not working.

And yeah, what Rico said.

DarkEliteRico
Dec 16, 2008, 11:30 AM
Are you on PC/PS2?
as topic states...looks like PS2/PC

Marlec
Dec 16, 2008, 11:35 AM
Wat do you mean by pull a support GT ???

amtalx
Dec 16, 2008, 11:36 AM
*points finger and laughs* :D

I remember having to level up GT, but I did it during MAG when the game was shitting MP. It was horrible. Seriously, being GT for only a few days made me want to die. Pure misery.

Kinako78
Dec 16, 2008, 11:38 AM
as topic states...looks like PS2/PC

Yeah, that's why I said my brain wasn't working. :p

goaferboy
Dec 16, 2008, 11:46 AM

I remember having to level up GT, but I did it during MAG when the game was shitting MP. It was horrible. Seriously, being GT for only a few days made me want to die. Pure misery.

The strange thing is, I thought the same thing when I was getting my Fortegunner ready. Yet the other day I found myself switching my Newman from Protranser to Guntecher and am quite enjoying it.

I think the only bad part of being a Guntecher is knowing that a Fortegunner is so much better for the actual guns. If you play it as a hybrid class, and actually use the techs it can be pretty good.

Try going from a high level Acrofighter to Force to get the required levels for Protranser. Now THAT is painful! I did that to my Human since I still wanted a Protranser. At least it was quick.

amtalx
Dec 16, 2008, 11:50 AM
I don't like hybrids mostly because of the type of player I am. There is something that bothers me knowing that everything I do can be done better by someone else. The hit in attack power and PP consumption was demoralizing. I felt like I was shooting rolls of toilet paper. ;_;

Cracka_J
Dec 16, 2008, 12:01 PM

I don't like hybrids mostly because of the type of player I am. There is something that bothers me knowing that everything I do can be done better by someone else. The hit in attack power and PP consumption was demoralizing. I felt like I was shooting rolls of toilet paper. ;_;

Couldn't have said it better myself. I did WT 10 during MAG so I can play MF, and I was ready to go emo and /wrists. I feel extreme pain for anyone that plays WT as their main class.

Outside of PT, you really won't find me playing any hybrids either. I kinda consider PT/AT to be the kings of the hybrid types, considering one is the best in the game at trapping, the other best in the game at support. They both have pretty noticeable advantages over other classes...so to me those types are where it's at if you wanna play hybrid. The rest I've always just lumped in the "not for me" category.

DarkEliteRico
Dec 16, 2008, 12:03 PM
Wat do you mean by pull a support GT ??? Tag for damage, heal/buff/debuff, and just milk experience and mission points. Playing GT solo for mission points = boring, but military subway is pretty decent even for a C rank it gives you roughly 100 MP, bump that up to an A or something and you can sit there for an hour or two and should be fine

Dragwind
Dec 16, 2008, 12:05 PM
WT, like PT and GT stats, are horrible until fully leveled to 20 in my opinion, then it isn't so bad if you abuse your good points on both ends of the spectrum.

As for MP, if you want the easy route I'd just try to run the Parum GBR with a party. If people won't let you, then personally I would do True Darkness S2 or dare I say, White Beast? Those aren't the best choices, but it's something to consider in the meantime.

Smidge204
Dec 16, 2008, 12:11 PM
If you can get some (competent) friends together you can spam Egg Thieves/Her Secret Mission, which pay out pretty good in MP but not much else. By definition they are quick missions, too. This is probably your best bet for MP in a hurry.

You can run the GBR missions hoping for Illusionary Shaft, which is both quick and pays out HUGE in MP. Trick is it's rare!

MAG' does not pay out MP very well considering the time invested.
=Smidge=

Kumlekar
Dec 16, 2008, 12:30 PM

At least its more fun than fighgunner.

Seriously, just do GBR, a couple runs and you'll be there in no time. And if you get Shafted, thats like 2 class level minimum.

Marlec
Dec 16, 2008, 12:48 PM
Yea i been doing GBR and such but most ppl arent going for rank just the % so at the end of the mission i am lucky if i get b rank, and like i said about egg thieves no one is about & i am a billy no mates all the ppl i hang around with 9 months ago are all gone so that doesnt help :(

Raven5_1
Dec 16, 2008, 01:02 PM

oh god i tried GT last week. my first full gbr run was so painful, directly afterwards i switched back to FF

Alecc
Dec 16, 2008, 02:02 PM

LOL i felt the exact same way! :D

Genoa
Dec 16, 2008, 03:23 PM
For MP I would recommend just sticking to the GBR.
Decent MP throughout all the runs, awesome drops, and potentially IS, this means 1377 MP on S :o