PDA

View Full Version : master or forte for most damage?

HadesAlmighty
Dec 16, 2008, 05:47 PM
I know forte are getting a boost of sorts so I dunno. I'm not worried about faster attacks I wanna see big numbers.
Also curious will 50 megid and killershot have a higher SE?

burninglink5
Dec 16, 2008, 05:57 PM
Forte classes do more damaged then Master Classes as far as numbers go, but Master Classes do more damage per second.

Golto
Dec 16, 2008, 06:41 PM
Gunmasters outdamage Fortegunners.

Itachi1990
Dec 16, 2008, 06:45 PM
Gunmasters outdamage Fortegunners.

None of the master classes do more damage then forte classes there just faster.

SStrikerR
Dec 16, 2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah...their speed gives them more DPS so in the end they do outdamage them. Duh.

xBladeM6x
Dec 16, 2008, 07:10 PM
Long Answer:

Fighmaster will do more damage overall because of the speed. Fortefighter will produce the biggest numbers as far as damage goes. Other than Jabroga maybe. Those level 50 PA's can really make a difference. Especially on Jabroga.

Masterforce will do more in terms of DPS. But It's still in debate as to who would be better under these conditions: Masterforce using Self Buff Vs Fotetecher using 31+ Buffs. In general though, Fortetechers do bigger numbers.

Gunmaster is hands down better than fortegunner. No questions asked. The speed is going own compared to fortegunner. Fortegunner may produce bigger numbers, but they sure as hell won't be able to keep up with the DPS. The only thing fortegunners have over Gunmasters is that they still have their grenade launcher. Which means that Fortegunner will still kill bosses faster.

Short Answer: Master Classes will produce more damage overall.

Forte classes do more damaged then Master Classes as far as numbers go, but Master Classes do more damage per second.
Your sig is win.

Golto
Dec 16, 2008, 07:11 PM
Fortegunner type lvl 20 atp% 140/143% for casts.
Gunmaster type lvl 20 atp% 136%

4-7% difference in atp.

Elemental bullets
shotguns +15% atp lvl 50 compared to lvl 40 |15% + 7% element increase = 22%
rifles +20% atp lvl 50 compared to lvl 40 |20% + 8% element increase = 28%
Twinhanddguns +10% atp lvl 50 compared to lvl 40 | 10% + 8% element increase = 18%
Lasers +30% atp lvl 50 compared to lvl 40 | 30% + 5% element increase - 35%

In every instance all the gunmaster gains are much higher than the atp% loss switch from Fortegunner. So once you get Gunmaster on equal terms with Fortegunner and get lvl 50 bullets Gunmasters outdamages Fortegunners. You actually just need to get bullets to lvl 41 to do more damage as Gunmaster if using proper elements.

Inazuma
Dec 16, 2008, 07:30 PM
taking everything into consideration, if you compare a FT w/ lv 40 buffs and a MF w/ lv 20 buffs, the MF does around 25% more damage.

Pillan
Dec 16, 2008, 09:15 PM
For Fighmaster versus Fortefighter:

Fighmaster is 15% faster, 10% weaker (around 7% with weapon), and only gained on the order of 1-3% from the extra skill levels as well as an additional 1-3% from the ATA increase (zero with Jabroga). If I were to guess, we’d be looking at an overall 15% increase between the Fortefighter and Fighmaster at best. That, of course, is assuming you have S rank high element gear and 50 photon arts.

For Gunmaster versus Fortegunner:

Gunmaster is 15% faster, 3% weaker (maybe 2% with rifles and lasers, but the others don’t really put a dent in the difference), 2.7 to 4.5% from element, and 6 to 13.6% from bullet levels. So, as you can see Gunmaster is the only Master class that’s just plain more powerful than its Forte equivalent and you’re looking at a minimum of a 20% damage increase overall.

For Masterforce versus Fortetecher:

We’re looking at a 12% TP drop (around 7% again with weapon), 7% buff level drop (assumed Megistaride), 15% speed increase, 5% element increase, and 7% or so damage increase from the tech levels. That seems like a 10-15% advantage to me, more if there’s someone with higher buffs on the team. The deviation between the numbers here and the numbers Inazuma listed would be from the fact that Masterforce’s Ra-techs can hit an extra target.

mvffin
Dec 16, 2008, 09:24 PM
so the answer is Masters. Once everything is capped out, that is. Don't expect a level 1 Master class with level 1-40 PAs to do more damage than a Forte class.

Shou
Dec 16, 2008, 10:02 PM
so the answer is Masters. Once everything is capped out, that is. Don't expect a level 1 Master class with level 1-40 PAs to do more damage than a Forte class.
Heh, I am actually counting on this to help me lvl my techs to 50 faster. I want the least damage output as possible. D:
Most of the masters probably wont be seeing many class lvlups until the carnival. I heard missions give out 500mp in the carnival :wacko:

Inazuma
Dec 16, 2008, 11:23 PM
Heh, I am actually counting on this to help me lvl my techs to 50 faster. I want the least damage output as possible. D:
Most of the masters probably wont be seeing many class lvlups until the carnival. I heard missions give out 500mp in the carnival :wacko:

not only can you quickly spam mother brain in like 5 mins for tons of MP but there is an even faster method available. you start up the survival mission and just die rite away. i forgot the MP amount but its decent. just keep dying over and over (each run may only take like a min or less) and go from lv 1 to 20 in one sitting. the only catch to this method is, you have to spend some tickets to play the survival mission. but its not hard to gather a ton of em so dont worry.

Zorafim
Dec 17, 2008, 12:59 AM
If going for pure damage per second, fighmaster actually comes out slightly ahead, if only considering base stats. According to PSOW's stat comparison chart, a lv130 beast lv20 fortefighter has 2006 atp, and a similar fighmaster has 1769 atp. Boost that atp by 15% to compinsate for fighmaster's haste rating, and you get ~2034 atp. Again, this is before adding in PA levels, which fighmaster will get even more of a boost on.

The real thing to consider is that you'll be able to use high damage PAs without having to worry about their major drawbacks; their speed. Fast Jabrogas, gravity breaks, and majarras means enemies will die before you have to worry too much about dodging, increasing your DpS even more.

So, yes, master classes will come out slightly ahead on pure DpS. If that's worth the loss of weapon selection and other downsides, you be the judge.

unicorn
Dec 17, 2008, 01:32 AM
FF vs FM:
Fortefigher will produce bigger numbers, but Fighmaster will have higher DPS. Take into consideration that Jabroga might be stronger on FF, since they *might* be able to one-hit a mob, where an FM might need to use it twice. But generally FM clears missions faster.

FG vs GM:
GM wins. FG has nothing against GM 'cept Grenades and some A-ranks no one uses.

FT vs MF:
MF really isn't much of an improvement over FT. Its a pure attack-teching type, but you give up 30 lvls of support (that FT can provide for the whole party), ranged damage, and better defensive stats for slightly more range with techs, small elemental boost, and bad stats. Don't get me wrong, I all for MF, but it really doesn't seem like an incredibly broken step-up from FT. The REAL redeeming quality MF has over FT is their casting speed and their extra target with Ra-techs.

HadesAlmighty
Dec 17, 2008, 01:53 AM
I really appreciate all the input. I am currently lvl 4 guntecher on my way to be gunmaster. I'm also thinking now about the speed boost lvling spell quicker for my techer. I bet after lvling though it would seem like you're under water going back to fortetecher.

Darius_Drake
Dec 17, 2008, 12:19 PM
not only can you quickly spam mother brain in like 5 mins for tons of MP but there is an even faster method available. you start up the survival mission and just die rite away. i forgot the MP amount but its decent. just keep dying over and over (each run may only take like a min or less) and go from lv 1 to 20 in one sitting. the only catch to this method is, you have to spend some tickets to play the survival mission. but its not hard to gather a ton of em so dont worry.

I hope people don't abuse that. I would rather play it the way it is meant to be played instead of dying on purpose real quickly.

darkante
Dec 17, 2008, 12:27 PM
I hope people don't abuse that. I would rather play it the way it is meant to be played instead of dying on purpose real quickly.

Bah, iīm glad to hear this. I got alot of class types i like to try, but i want them maxed fast as well. I donīt like playing too gimped. =)

panzer_unit
Dec 17, 2008, 12:48 PM
It's really just a 15% difference for speed? wow... even at best it seems sort of debatable wether or not the losses on stamina, defensive stats, and attack versatility losses are really worthwhile. Especially solo/duo.

They're perfect of course for all the people who only use one or two weapons anyway, and large parties where you'll lag yourself into uselessness trying to switch weapons too often.

Inazuma
Dec 18, 2008, 05:52 PM
It's really just a 15% difference for speed? wow... even at best it seems sort of debatable wether or not the losses on stamina, defensive stats, and attack versatility losses are really worthwhile. Especially solo/duo.

They're perfect of course for all the people who only use one or two weapons anyway, and large parties where you'll lag yourself into uselessness trying to switch weapons too often.

you have no idea...

lets compare FM vs FF. first off, FM travels between monster spawns about twice as fast as FF. so just that is a HUGE advantage and makes the FF seem like he completely sucks.

what about weapons? FM has a better weapon selection too. as FF, you use axe and spears almost all of the time, w/ an occasional slicer or handgun in the mix. as FM, you use axe and spear almost all of the time w/ double saber for transportation, sometimes also used for attacking. double saber is much more useful than slicer and handgun, bottom line.

as for actual fighting, FM can kill monsters a lot faster.

and lastly, FM can use freeze trap Gs (and other traps too but i cant remember) which help sometimes in setting up jabroga.

its true FM has lower defensive stats but its still very easy to survive so it hardly matters. i played as female newman FM (yes, FighMaster. this is not a typo) recently and didnt have much trouble staying alive. i bet male cast FM would have it much better.