PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Plans

Kylie
Dec 17, 2008, 12:17 PM
Yes, I'm being politically correct!

How do you plan on spending the holidays this year?

AlexCraig
Dec 17, 2008, 12:32 PM
Well, for Christmas I am going to some relatives' place. Gonna pass presents and have a big meal. Glad I don't work then.

After that, I have my pre-birthday party. Gonna have many of my best friends there and we are not gonna get an ounce of sleep. Was hoping my girlfriend would visit, but she has other things going on.

Then for New Years, I work from 4:00 to 7:00 or done. Then I will be going to my parents' friends' place like we do every year and welcome the new year.

And, since it is close enough to the season, on the 6th I will be celebrating my 21st birthday with a few friends and family.

CupOfCoffee
Dec 17, 2008, 12:52 PM
I cannot wait to nap through 85% of my visit home.

MetaZedlen
Dec 17, 2008, 01:10 PM
I knew this was coming up sooner or later :)

Anyway, I'm stuck going to be with my mom's side of the family Christmas day...

Is it bad that Christmas is just nothing to me now? (or because I am atheist?)

EDIT: I still do the gifts and all of that, but the day is nothing special, more like torture...

Rayokarna
Dec 17, 2008, 01:20 PM
How do you plan on spending the holidays this year?

My birthday.

darkante
Dec 17, 2008, 01:25 PM
At my parents place as always, i couldn´t think of a better place for doing it. =)
I love christmas ^^

Outrider
Dec 17, 2008, 01:35 PM
Going to my parent's place to spend lots of time with them and my brothers.

I agree with darkante. The period from just before Thanksgiving through New Years is probably my favorite time of year.

Also, in a move that I'm still not sure I understand, my company is shutting down for about a week and a half and treating the whole thing as a giant paid holiday.

So, uh... plenty of time relaxing, playing games and sleeping late.

CelestialBlade
Dec 17, 2008, 01:54 PM
Seeing my family this weekend in our epic annual gathering of kickass :D This is without a doubt my favorite day of the year. For Christmas Day, going down to see my brother :D!!! Cannot wait.

As for New Year's, that's still in progress, but it looks like I might be hosting a party :P Oh, my poor apartment....

Firocket1690
Dec 17, 2008, 02:10 PM
holidays? i'm not sure. personally, i'm still in the ... i can't say i'm in the middle, as I havn't started. I have a few gifts to make, mostly involving decocolor markers and blank tote bags. A particular friend of mine still hasn't seen WALL·E, for some strange reason or other. She's getting a bag and that on dvd. >;3

Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) has a few exhibits going on from now to jan. Would be awesome if i could bring someone; going alone seems strange. I can only hope I'd be so lucky. Other than that this time is usually depressing, usually quite lonely. It's just.. quite comforting to go walking in a massive city with bright lights.

Aside from that... lesse.. I've donated roughly $74 to Toys for Tots. $40 to a guy organising a massive sitewide donation; they're taking money from everyone, and buying a whole slew of things to drop off at a local hospital. Their pool is currently up to $2600, last I checked. I also spent $34 at a toys r us, buying a rubik's cube and a lego set and dropping it in their bin. It made me happy.

1/6 is my bday, i'll be 19. I'm celebrating on the third. Completely irrelevant, but meh.

I dunno. I like the bright lights. They're pretty. makes me optimistic, sometimes. I'm indifferent.

CrimsomWolf
Dec 17, 2008, 03:53 PM
Doing same thing again:

- Small family Christmas
- Exchange few gifts
- Listen to parents argue
- Do homework
- Do pointless stuff

Not necessarily in that order. For me, personally, Christmas is kinda losing its magic, but it may be just me...

Leviathan
Dec 17, 2008, 05:34 PM
-Eat.
-Sleep.
-Make art.
-Sleep.
-Regret eating so much.
-Staying up to watch the sun rise.
-Running errands.
-Buying stuff.
-Eating.
-Spending time with family.

Kylie
Dec 18, 2008, 12:20 PM
I'll probably visit home again this year, and I'll leave on the 24th and come back on the 26th.

KnightOfRT
Dec 18, 2008, 06:41 PM
Ill do the usual. Spend time with both sides of my family, as my family has a huge riff and it makes the holidays very depressing. Ill try to play video games and read as much as possible though.

SpikeOtacon
Dec 18, 2008, 06:52 PM
We're going to have a morning with just my immediate family, then in the afternoon we're hosting the get together for my mom's side of the family. My dad's side of the family already hosted our get-together last weekend, since they are far more spread out in other states than my mom's side and traveling this weekend would have been silly.

Midicronica
Dec 18, 2008, 11:36 PM
Christmas day? Visit the family eat, go home, then go to work.

Sinue_v2
Dec 19, 2008, 01:57 AM
Jen's got a birthday on the 23'd, so I'm going out to dinner with her and her family to celebrate. Then I'm gonna be designated driver and hit every bar in three counties. Afterwards, we'll have a nightcap so I can get a buzz too. We're having our Christmas day on the 24th so everyone can have their own family get togethers on the 25th. I'll play the hangover card to get a few more drinks in and make the gathering a bit more tolerable. I've been asked to bake another ham, so I'm sure they'll forgive the slight inebriation. They fucking better if they want some ham anyhow.

So on Christmas day I'll probably spend it split between my parent's place and Jen's mom's. Probably hit up my cousin Terry's place after hours for another round of drinks and cheer. Assuming his kids stay asleep long enough.

I don't have any plans for New Years. I may head up to Chicago with my cousin Stan for some binge drinking (notice a pattern?). Last year we both had a gallon of Jim Beam each and damned neared finished them off. Time to see if my training has paid off, and hopefully finish my handle this time around.

If anyone likes to shop early, keep in mind that I think I'm gonna be asking for a new liver next Xmas. Or a new 360 in case this one RRoD's. Either one is fine.

Kent
Dec 19, 2008, 02:19 AM
Flight down to Mississippi tomorrow, where most of my living family is.

My sister and my dad are also going to be coming, but later on during my trip. I plan on spending most of my time with my friends and cats, though - my family has a habit of being a bunch of complete bastards to me - especially my sister and stepfather. I'll also be spending a lot of time with my brother and his fianceé, who are some of the only decent people around that are in or soon-to-be-in my family.

Vanzazikon
Dec 19, 2008, 02:38 AM
Spend time with my family and watch some Christmas specials.

Anduril
Dec 19, 2008, 03:00 AM
This is going to be the happiest Christmas I've had in a long time just by the shear virtue of the fact that it won't be at my house. Finally after three-quarters of a year my aunt's house will be ready for a formal gathering! That means I can come home and fall asleep whenever I please and not have to worry about cleaning up the mess left behind by the family! Oh Happy Day!

Dangerous55
Dec 19, 2008, 03:34 AM
Boozing until Christmas. Having Christmas at Aunt's, then going to cousins. Then boozing until New Year's, and boozing at friend's New Years party at his new apartment. Hurrah.

Voison
Dec 19, 2008, 03:53 AM
Work... :(