PDA

View Full Version : Stinkin' Carolers

Kylie
Dec 17, 2008, 12:32 PM
So I was babysitting last night, which I could also rant about because I don't really like kids, and at about 7:00 (PM... CST), the doorbell rang. My first instinct was to ignore it because I'm mean and wasn't expecting anybody, but the kid tried to open the door. So they knew I was home and continued to ring the doorbell. I went to the door, opened it, and some teenagers started singing to me. :dead: I wanted to close the door, but I was nice and stood there in the thirty degree weather with a shirt and PJ bottoms on. They kept at it for like five minutes EVEN THOUGH THEY DIDN'T KNOW ALL THE WORDS, and then they left after wishing me a Merry Christmas. :( I know they were just trying to be nice, but it was annoying and inconsiderate, especially since I was literally shivering. >_>

W0LB0T
Dec 17, 2008, 12:45 PM
Thank the lord i have never had carolers at my house. they would most likley be killed. and what are you doing in shorts in that kinda weather. and just to make you jelous, its aobut 30 degrees here...Celcus. aw yeer.

For the lulz try this. answer the door as you'd normaly would but hold some kinda weapon in your hand, Eg: Cricket bat with nails in it (aka the 6 and out). and see how they react. but you must still act polite for the best effect.

The_Gio
Dec 17, 2008, 12:58 PM
lol weird,never had carolers, everyone is too scared to get mugged or robbed or something, from the way you describe it tho, seems like its a pain in the ass. wish i can say i feel your pain, but honestly, it sounds more like a funny story

Inazuma
Dec 17, 2008, 12:58 PM
wow i cant believe there are still carolers in this day and age. what a bunch of assholes. if it were me, i would have complained to em and shut the door. i consider em the same as door to door salesmen.

Rayokarna
Dec 17, 2008, 01:19 PM
Only Carolers we have here are kids. People are too nice to shut the door on them. I'm more scared of the people from the church.

Outrider
Dec 17, 2008, 01:48 PM
Really? People still do door-to-door caroling? Maybe I missed it, growing up in an apartment building.

I thought caroling only existed in movies anymore.

That's actually pretty neat.

CelestialBlade
Dec 17, 2008, 01:56 PM
I've never had carolers, but as I said to you earlier, flamethrowers and land mines. You'll never have caroling problems again.

Aisha379
Dec 17, 2008, 02:07 PM
I've never had carolers, but as I said to you earlier, flamethrowers and land mines. You'll never have caroling problems again.

Though you might have issues getting your mail delivered.

I've never seen carolers. Anywhere. I guess no one wants to walk in the cold out here in the country area >_>

Noblewine
Dec 17, 2008, 06:37 PM
I never see any during the holidays but I probably wouldn't mind hearing a song or two.

Kard
Dec 17, 2008, 07:04 PM
Perhaps it was just an elaborate scheme to sneak in through the back door and nab some snacks. Did you get a good head count?

EphekZ
Dec 17, 2008, 07:28 PM
jeeze, they were just tryin' to be nice :/ I'm not really gungho about xmas and all that but, I wouldn't mind if a few kids came and sang to me.

Rust
Dec 17, 2008, 10:56 PM
The first and last carolers I have ever heard about were in Gremlins.

McLaughlin
Dec 17, 2008, 11:46 PM
The only caroler I've ever seen was myself. Around this time of year I walk around with my iPod speaks in my backpack playing a Christmas playlist (it's like, five hours long, so no worries about hearing the same thing all day). Most people don't seem to mind too much.

At least you didn't slam the door on them. There was one guy yesterday in his car who tried to hit me when I wouldn't turn off my music while I was waiting for the light to turn. He could have just rolled up his window (it's -10 outside anyway).

Retehi
Dec 18, 2008, 12:52 AM
Never seen carolers here, always grew up in urban areas. They'd more than likely get shot if they tried singing to anyone in certain areas here. <_<

DreXxiN
Dec 18, 2008, 01:18 AM
Never seen carolers here, always grew up in urban areas. They'd more than likely get shot if they tried singing to anyone in certain areas here. <_<

This.

Kids can't walk out safe here.

unicorn
Dec 18, 2008, 02:37 AM
This.

Kids can't walk out safe here.

I used to live next to the projects. My mom never let me play in the backyard....Someone stole our lawn cheer one time!.... Good stuff. I have a slight ebonic-slurry accent thanks to my environment.

ANYWHO.

I've never seen a caroler. I kinda wanna try it because I'm obnoxious and want to annoy people. :D

Vanzazikon
Dec 18, 2008, 03:03 AM
Perhaps it was just an elaborate scheme to sneak in through the back door and nab some snacks. Did you get a good head count?You might be on to something there. Let your dog run loose in the backyard.

Seority
Dec 18, 2008, 10:20 AM
I used to carol every year for a senior home. It wasn't very lively, but at least all of it was appriciated. Any kind of doormen folk out here get treated terribly since we have so many Jehovah Witness groups that tick us off too much lol.

VanHalen
Dec 18, 2008, 05:26 PM
The easiest way to deal with them is to give them figgy pudding. They won't go until they get some I hear...

Though like most people in this thread I've never had carolers in my neighborhood. I thought they were extinct.

Broodstar1337
Dec 19, 2008, 12:03 AM
When that happens at my house, I tell them I'm Muslim and I slam the door in their face.

furrypaws
Dec 19, 2008, 08:08 AM
You get carolers? >_< I want carolers...

You could've just said "Thanks, but I have to put the children to bed," or something if you didn't want to listen. If they were both there, you could've made another kid up.

Iduno
Dec 19, 2008, 08:16 AM
I'm glad we don't get many round here.

I mean buskers up town are fair enough but people coming up to your door with it?

It would just be annoying I think.

Solstis
Dec 19, 2008, 11:18 AM
I'd automatically assume that they were casing my house.

afterthoughtz
Dec 19, 2008, 12:26 PM
Wow, looking at the way most of the replied, this world is downright pathetic if everyone hates carolers now, good god grow up! Its been done for generations and its not hurting you!

Kylie
Dec 19, 2008, 12:37 PM
I don't care if they were just trying to be nice. :-P So was I by not slamming the door.

CelestialBlade
Dec 19, 2008, 01:28 PM
"Sorry, but can you come back later? You caught me right in the middle of having sex with stuffed animals covered in vasoline to the tune of 'We Didn't Start The Fire.'"

Then politely shut the door. Problem solved.

McLaughlin
Dec 19, 2008, 01:55 PM
"Sorry, but can you come back later? You caught me right in the middle of having sex with stuffed animals covered in vasoline to the tune of 'We Didn't Start The Fire.'"

Then politely shut the door. Problem solved.

Next time someone tries to sell me something over the phone/at my door, this is the answer they'll be getting.

That was really funny. XD

afterthoughtz
Dec 19, 2008, 02:06 PM
I don't care if they were just trying to be nice. :-P So was I by not slamming the door.
Ya sorry, that statement wasnt directed at you at all, actually, to some of these replies on here, i actually commend you on being polite:) SHows that your a few tseps ahead of the morons on here:)

Outrider
Dec 19, 2008, 02:15 PM
Ya sorry, that statement wasnt directed at you at all, actually, to some of these replies on here, i actually commend you on being polite:) SHows that your a few tseps ahead of the morons on here:)

Yeah, you have to understand that a lot of people hate any sort of uninitiated human contact.

It's... it's sort of a problem nowadays.

SStrikerR
Dec 21, 2008, 01:39 PM
When I read this I thought about it, I realized if someone came to my door I'd likely slam the door in their faces. The Ironic part is I just found out I'm going Caroling with my church tonight. Fuck >_<

Kylie
Dec 21, 2008, 01:55 PM
When I read this I thought about it, I realized if someone came to my door I'd likely slam the door in their faces. The Ironic part is I just found out I'm going Caroling with my church tonight. Fuck >_<Yeah, but don't you have to go to the hospital tonight? *hands you a gun*

Vanzazikon
Dec 21, 2008, 05:25 PM
When I read this I thought about it, I realized if someone came to my door I'd likely slam the door in their faces. The Ironic part is I just found out I'm going Caroling with my church tonight. Fuck >_<Don't let the door hit your face. :lol:

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 22, 2008, 10:26 AM
You had enough of a reason to hurry them along, or excuse if you're okay thinking of it as an excuse.

Put on a thicker skin & not just for the cold wind chills coming in the door.

You'll probably learn to weasel your way out of these situations pretty quick as you age and get experience in more of these situations, or as you just grow older not necessarily wiser but just bitter or tough. Thus the stereotype of that older person who answers the door to the goofy kids who don't know any better.

Rayokarna
Dec 22, 2008, 06:46 PM
Lol, with this sort of attitude around I should go carolling next year.