PDA

View Full Version : PSU ID #'s

xBladeM6x
Dec 17, 2008, 08:23 PM
Honestly, does it really matter how low your ID # is? I must have seen like 4 arguments today alone on PSU about how someone's ID # automatically makes them less of a "noob" than anyone else. I'm sorry but anyone who uses their ID # to show their "uberness" in PSU, has some serious intelligence issues.

It's pathetic because your ID # could be 30000001 and I could care less. Just because you have been paying SEGA longer than I have, does not mean that you are now better than me or anyone else for that matter. It's all about how you play the game, how consistently you have played, and what you have accomplished in that time, that makes your time look like it's been well spent.

I don't know what you guys think about this, but share thoughts. You don't like my argument, oh well. I feel better now. I guess I should try to ignore the ignorant people who think their ID # matters.

DraginHikari
Dec 17, 2008, 08:30 PM
I can't believe people actually use that as an arugment.

xBladeM6x
Dec 17, 2008, 08:40 PM
I can't believe people actually use that as an arugment.
You would actually be surprised. Apparently it has to do with their ego or something? I don't know, I just thought it would feed into their stupidity or something immature like that.

EphekZ
Dec 17, 2008, 09:19 PM
It happens with Steam IDs too.

Smidge204
Dec 17, 2008, 10:09 PM
Ah, the ol' "I've been here longer therefore I am BETTER!" argument. A true internet classic.

That's the reason I disabled post count on the forum I run...
=Smidge=

Kylie
Dec 17, 2008, 10:18 PM
I don't buy that argument at all. I mean, yeah, a person that's been around longer than someone that just joined should know more, but that only goes so far. Plus, it doesn't take long for a person to learn enough about the game if they really want to and try to. People that look down on people for when they joined are just really insecure.

McLaughlin
Dec 17, 2008, 10:24 PM
Anyone who drops the seniority card in an argument gets knocked down a peg on my list of people to listen to.

Rust
Dec 17, 2008, 10:51 PM
Pretty stupid reason of arguing.

First, *the following statement is available for PC/PS2 only, since I don't how high are 360 ID's now, just that they are way higher than ours*

I must be around the ID 32xxx, and I joined on the first of January in 2007. That means someone with a value of about 1k under mine using that to prove his superiority would consider himself smarter than me just because he has a couple days of subscription over mine. Pretty much fail making a point there.

Second statement. Like I said, I'm on this game since quite a long time. Yet I'm not over the lvl 100 because I'm very casual at playing. The same way, I'm lacking of knowledge towards weapon drops, best way of making money and such, because I never enjoyed item hunting, PA leveling and so on. Thus, I don't see the point getting informed about stuff I don't care ; I just play for the heck of enjoying the game.
Though I don't consider myself inferior in any way to someone who know everything about every little thing on that game, that was only to point out that seniority doesn't necessarily experienced player.

Last statement to illustrate seniority is being different than knowledge, experience, or whatever on a game. I played FFXI for a bit (about four months) and joined a linkshell in which most of the players had several lvl 75 (cappped) characters, were playing for over two years for some of them and such. Yet, barely one month after I started playing, I was staggered to notice I knew more about the game than most of them. Some didn't even know how to get to some areas which were included in the original package (an area which was in the original game, not one from an expansion). I won't deny they were knowing quite well their business regarding the jobs they had leveled to the cap (they better do, after all...), but they for sure didn't know a crap about every other single aspect of the game.

So yeah, that to say seniority, whether account or playtime-wise, doesn't mean anything about your experience, your knowledge, your intelligence, and even less a so-called "superiority". The only superiority you can get to show up with your ID is a mathematical one.

DreXxiN
Dec 18, 2008, 01:24 AM
Seniority isn't everything but it doesn often mean quite a bit.

I mean c'mon, ask 38k ID's about things like Holy Ground and Crimson Beast. XD

It's rarely a good indicator of how GOOD someone is at the game, but is USUALLY a different story when it comes to knowledge.