PDA

View Full Version : Pipe question

KERZE
Dec 17, 2008, 11:35 PM
Let's say I'm piping hildelts at the FOS quest, so I've been doing it for a while now and seen around 500 hildelts with no hildetorr sighting yet, suddendly one of the hildelts kills alicia and the quest ends, do I have to start from scratch like I haven't seen a single hildelt? Or does the game "remember" how many hildelts I've seen?

KnightOfRT
Dec 17, 2008, 11:44 PM
I may be wrong, but I would guess that the game just knows each particular instance and it wouldn't carry over. Its a 1\512 crap shoot everytime with most rare monsters. If I am wrong, feel free to correct me someone.

KERZE
Dec 17, 2008, 11:54 PM
Well sucks for me I guess, found 3 hildetorrs today 2 of them didn't drop anything and during the fight with the third one one of the hildelts landed a critical hit and killed me, also after about an hour and a half of pipping the fourth one alicia died...
Guess I just wasn't meant to find that frozen shooter today!

psofan219
Dec 18, 2008, 01:29 AM
Let's say I'm piping hildelts at the FOS quest, so I've been doing it for a while now and seen around 500 hildelts with no hildetorr sighting yet, suddendly one of the hildelts kills alicia and the quest ends, do I have to start from scratch like I haven't seen a single hildelt? Or does the game "remember" how many hildelts I've seen?

The game does not remember how many you've seen. It's just entirely by chance, and with a 1/512 chance you'll come across one, ayee, you're looking down at pretty small odds there, even if you pipe. Anyways, I, as well, might be wrong about this, but I'm certain I'm not. Good luck in finding your Frozen Shooter though!

Vanzazikon
Dec 18, 2008, 02:36 AM
You can find 513 hidelts and not see a single hildetorr. 1/512 means the probabililty of it occuring, you don't actually have to see 511 and the 512th one is a hildetorr.

TrueChaos
Dec 18, 2008, 07:17 AM
but then again, as it is purely down to chance, you could find one straight away. i piped four hildelts once and when i returned there was the torr waiting for me.

psofan219
Dec 18, 2008, 03:13 PM
You can find 513 hidelts and not see a single hildetorr. 1/512 means the probabililty of it occuring, you don't actually have to see 511 and the 512th one is a hildetorr.

It can't be said any clearer than that. However, the 1/512 is just the expected results, meaning, in each set of 512 Hildelts, you would at least expect one Hildetorr. Vanz comment is the clearer one in this case, as it does come down to nothing but chance (now if only there was a way to increase that chance).