PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Zero Database

Clidante
Dec 18, 2008, 07:07 AM
I guess this is kind of a suggestion and request all in one, and from experience with this community during PSO and PSU days it'll happen 'eventually', but is it likely we'll be getting a nice healthy PS0 item database and guide section up and running soon after the japanese launch?

How much knowledge of Japanese would i need to contribute useful information?
My katakana is a little dusty as i havn't really used it since PSU JP launch, but i'm jumpstarting my japanese again in prep for PS0.

Anyways, i'm importing the game for launch, and am more than willing to try and throw out as much info as possible to help build up a good PS0 database on here, and i'm sure many of you are too.

So what's the usual procedure and requirements for getting something like this off of the ground?
Any volunteers that'd be willing to offer their services to this cause upon game launch (as long as you're not too busy enjoying the game)?

*Apologies, i tend to use many words when only a few are needed* ^^;

Epically Leet
Dec 18, 2008, 08:05 AM
This sounds like a good suggestion. I hope it will be done. :D

Clidante
Dec 18, 2008, 08:24 AM
Would be great to get something like this going, i remember how much everybody elses data and guides helped me out back in the days, so it'd be great if i could do the same for other PS lovers out there. ^^;

Epically Leet
Dec 18, 2008, 08:58 AM
Yeah, I agree.

Jonty
Dec 18, 2008, 11:03 AM
It'd definitely help me out; I've preordered a japanese copy, and I don't speak a word of japanese!

gratefulgriz
Dec 18, 2008, 12:34 PM
lol would imagine the database to come in time! good suggestion though!

Dragwind
Dec 18, 2008, 05:23 PM
Anyone will be able to submit information to the database here once the area for PS0 is up and running. You wouldn't necessarily need a thorough knowledge of Japanese, but it can help.

Usually the submission forms have quite a few fields whether it be for an item, weapon, etc. The form doesn't require that you fill out all fields, so even if you only have a picture and maybe some numerical stats, you can just fill those in and submit it.

When the item/stat submission system is up, you will see it on the main site in the left navigation bar area under Phantasy Star Zero.

Clidante
Dec 18, 2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up Dragwind.

It'd definitely help me out; I've preordered a japanese copy, and I don't speak a word of japanese!

And Jonty, try and find a katakana chart on the internet. I know that just knowing these helped me out quite a bit with PSU JP, especially if you have some knowledge of other PS games. It's not gonna breeze you through the story, but it's great for identifying items and spells and such.

I've grabbed 'My Japanese Coach DS' to do some revision on the go, just to make sure i'm that little bit more prepared.

Ryna
Dec 18, 2008, 06:31 PM
Honestly, we just don't know enough at this point to setup a database. I tried writing up some prototype code today, but there are just too many unknowns. What types of stats will weapons have? Will stats vary between online and offline mode? What types of items can drop (weapons, armors, what else...?) ? How are screenshots going to be taken? Those are some of the key questions I need answered before anything substantial can be built.

I'm currently investigating several options for getting a content area setup around launch time. I have a few things to test this weekend.

Help will be needed in the following areas:
-Items and item stats.
-Drop Reports
-Character Stats
-Monsters
-Pictures

A working knowledge of katakana would definitely help out.

ShadowInferno119
Dec 18, 2008, 10:33 PM
Honestly, we just don't know enough at this point to setup a database. I tried writing up some prototype code today, but there are just too many unknowns. What types of stats will weapons have? Will stats vary between online and offline mode? What types of items can drop (weapons, armors, what else...?) ? How are screenshots going to be taken? Those are some of the key questions I need answered before anything substantial can be built.

I'm currently investigating several options for getting a content area setup around launch time. I have a few things to test this weekend.

-Items and item stats.
-Drop Reports
-Character Stats
-Monsters
-Pictures

I'm up for this, I can help with most of this. However screen shots aren't going to be easy. However I know a way to gather some images. Which one's and how many though is a different story, I'll find out on release date though. =)

Clidante
Dec 18, 2008, 11:29 PM

-Items and item stats.
-Drop Reports
-Character Stats
-Monsters
-Pictures

Well i'm obviously in for that stuff, otherwise i'd not have started this thread ^^
I'll try and submit as much information as humanly possible once i get my cart.

ShadowInferno, what method did you have in mind for image capture then?
I don't suppose there's any kind of NDS slot-2 screen capture? I've seen some crazy homemade projects with DSs linked up to tablet PCs, but there's got to be an easier/cheaper way right? ^^;

Vanzazikon
Dec 19, 2008, 02:13 AM
Hmm, this led me to a question. Is there an in-game camera in PSZ? I don't recall ever reading one.

Clidante
Dec 19, 2008, 02:48 AM
An in game camera a la PSO Ep1&2 on gamecube would be great, but there's been no word of it at all. I guess we'll know more upon launch when we'll be able to sit down and explore the games full features.

I don't know much about PSPortable but i don't think that one has an in-game camera despite the fact that the PSP could easily store and transfer screenshots to other devices for sharing.

DeathMachine
Dec 19, 2008, 01:15 PM
@Ryna: I don't think you could differ between on- and offline with stats, seeing as how the characters transfer. It'd be like having a super-awesome rare that eats enemies for appetizers and bosses for lunch, and going online to find that it doesn't deal a third of the damage, no longer does the status, can no longer be equipped, etc. This isn't PSU. :P

Tycho
Dec 20, 2008, 08:59 AM
-Items and item stats.
-Drop Reports
-Character Stats
-Monsters
-Pictures

It kinda sucks items don't actually show their real stats in the window, but what your stats would be like with the items equipped, meaning it's going to take slightly more effort to get them.
As for drops, they all come from boxes. A party could encounter a group of rappies in one room, and after clearing the room, a treasure box would appear. Upon hitting it, several items would come out (this is separate for all players -- player A sees a Monomate and Meseta and picks them up; for player B the items are still there, and he'd get a Saber and a Heart of Rappy or the like).
Character stats I've been keeping track of for a few classes so far, put a dump here (http://psupedia.info/PS0:Phantasy_Star_Zero).
Monsters will all end up in this database, like the weapons/mags. However, this only contains their names/pictures, and no stats or other info.
As for screenshots, it looks like the easiest way would be to boot one's save file on a PC emulator and get pics from the in-game database (or anywhere else for that matter) there.

Personally I'm still consistently getting the game crashed at boss fights. :/

Risingsun
Dec 20, 2008, 09:15 AM
It kinda sucks items don't actually show their real stats in the window, but what your stats would be like with the items equipped, meaning it's going to take slightly more effort to get them.
As for drops, they all come from boxes. A party could encounter a group of rappies in one room, and after clearing the room, a treasure box would appear. Upon hitting it, several items would come out (this is separate for all players -- player A sees a Monomate and Meseta and picks them up; for player B the items are still there, and he'd get a Saber and a Heart of Rappy or the like).
Character stats I've been keeping track of for a few classes so far, put a dump here (http://psupedia.info/PS0:Phantasy_Star_Zero).
Monsters will all end up in this database, like the weapons/mags. However, this only contains their names/pictures, and no stats or other info.
As for screenshots, it looks like the easiest way would be to boot one's save file on a PC emulator and get pics from the in-game database (or anywhere else for that matter) there.

Personally I'm still consistently getting the game crashed at boss fights. :/
You said there are no descriptions in the in-game database for items right? In your main menu are their descriptions for items there? I would find it very strange if the whole game didnt have any item descriptions ( at least something like Saber: a curved sword of blah blah)

Tycho
Dec 20, 2008, 10:40 AM
There are descriptions, but you need to press Y (or was it X?) to see them.

Risingsun
Dec 20, 2008, 11:05 AM
There are descriptions, but you need to press Y (or was it X?) to see them.

Thats great, does that go for enemies too?

Tycho
Dec 20, 2008, 02:25 PM
Thats great, does that go for enemies too?
Oh, it's only in the menu afaik, not in the database thingy, so going by that, no, only for items.

Risingsun
Dec 20, 2008, 02:36 PM
Oh, it's only in the menu afaik, not in the database thingy, so going by that, no, only for items.
from psupedia by Raujinn (http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?p=2908#p2908)
Wait, I think it does give descriptions for monsters, and also stats for weapons. Example:

Weapon:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/raujinn/PSZ/ex01.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/raujinn/PSZ/ex02.jpg

Monster:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/raujinn/PSZ/ex03.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/raujinn/PSZ/ex04.jpg

To get them press Y in the galleries. Y to switch back.

Ryna
Dec 20, 2008, 03:19 PM
@Tycho: Having to manually calculate item stats will make things more of a pain.

@Risingsun: You need to edit your picture links.

I won't be receiving my copy until Monday/Tuesday. So, it'll probably be a few days after that before I can seriously start planning a database.

For anyone that has the game, answering the following questions would be very helpful:
-What types of stats can weapons/armors/slot units have? I'm thinking of things like ATP, DFP, etc...
-Can weapons be grinded?
-How does the weapon special attack system work in this game? In PSO, each weapon had a set special attack.
-Is the slot unit system closer in practice to PSU or PSO's system?

Risingsun
Dec 20, 2008, 03:51 PM
@Tycho: Having to manually calculate item stats will make things more of a pain.

I won't be receiving my copy until Monday/Tuesday. So, it'll probably be a few days after that before I can seriously start planning a database.

For anyone that has the game, answering the following questions would be very helpful:
-What types of stats can weapons/armors/slot units have? I'm thinking of things like ATP, DFP, etc...
-Can weapons be grinded?
-How does the weapon special attack system work in this game? In PSO, each weapon had a set special attack.

sorry about that, it has been fixed, and thanks again to the original poster on psupedia.

from psupedia by Raujinn (http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?p=2908#p2908)
Wait, I think it does give descriptions for monsters, and also stats for weapons. Example:

Weapon:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/raujinn/PSZ/ex01.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/raujinn/PSZ/ex02.jpg

Monster:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/raujinn/PSZ/ex03.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/raujinn/PSZ/ex04.jpg

To get them press Y in the galleries. Y to switch back.

therealAERO
Dec 20, 2008, 03:51 PM
The slot unit is exactly like PSO in that it's all free to be mixed and matched and not tied down to head, arm, body, extra like PSU.

Also I have a Gunslash that has a special hit that causes confusion but it's not like a special button or anything, it's calculated randomly.

Also I think in the city there is a dude with a shop called "Elementals" or something that adds special photons to your weapons for like 6k meseta. My katakana is rusty though. There is another option there but it won't let me access it.

TerraStriker
Dec 20, 2008, 04:08 PM
Yes weapons can be grinded, +9 daggers atm.

therealAERO
Dec 20, 2008, 05:26 PM
Here are the slot units in the store right now

Ru-ki-/gado(guard?) +5 to something(defense?)
Ru-ki-/PP +5 to what I assume is PP
Heat-resistLv1 4% off heat damage
Stan(probably stun)-resist +4%
Raito(light)-resist 4%
Da-ku(dark)-resist 4%

KuroNetsune
Dec 20, 2008, 09:30 PM
my first rare~

what I can translate:

Tatami gaeshi

what I assume to be ATP: 52
what I assume to be ATA: 165
what I assume to be DFP: 40
(possibly PA ) LV6 (might be accurate, since it has an extra hit compared to the usual shield PA)
weapons have native/beast/machine/dark and hit attributes (this one had 49 native)

on special, it reads:

Eremento (element?)
Risuku (risk? :v) Lv1
PP (for PA I assume) 18

below it has two stats in kanji I cannot comprehend... one reads 210%, the other 200%

yellow5
Dec 20, 2008, 10:45 PM

-Can weapons be grinded?

1. Weapons: ATK and ATA for Guns/Swords, MATK (MIND?) and ATA for Canes. Canes do not add ATK.
Armor: DFP and EVD

Like PSO, weapons can be found with Elements (I'm guessing Blizzard, Confuse, Paralysis, etc.) of different levels (e.g Lvl 1 Blizzard). Unlike PSO, Elements don't alter an items rarity (stars).

2. You can grind weapons and armor. For Guns/Swords, 1 grind = 2 ATK. For Canes, 1 grind = 2 MATK/MIND. Haven't tried armor yet, but I'm thinking 1 grind = 2 DFP.

3. There is only a Normal and Hard Attack. Each weapon has a special attack. Holding either the Normal or Hard Attack button charges the special attack. Once fully charged, releasing the button unleashes the attack. Charging can be canceled by rolling or getting hit.

Techniques are similar. Each Technique can be charged to produce a greater affect, but may require more PP. Resta uncharged heals yourself, while Resta charged heals everyone near you (PP cost is the same). Barta uncharged hits once, but Barta charged (more PP required) hits multiple times.

4. PSO.

Some of this information might be slightly off, feel free to correct me.

therealAERO
Dec 21, 2008, 02:05 AM
Also it appears even if a weapon is in the same class as another they can still have different Photon special attacks. I've seen 2 sword Photon Special Attacks already as well as 2 saber Photon Special Attacks.

Nowhere
Dec 21, 2008, 03:41 AM
For the DB, a good place to start might be weapon/armor/etc type restrictions. That's probably one of the easier things to work out.

DeathMachine
Dec 22, 2008, 12:31 AM
Aero, when you said Ru-ki, that probably is "Rookie." They are the basic slot types, right?

Zarode
Dec 22, 2008, 12:41 AM
Ryna, would it be possible to use Japanese Katakana in brackets or something next to the item name so reference for people with little knowledge in Japanese? I think it would help, if possible. I'm not sure if we do this already, but still. Make it an extra input. Maybe scrolling inputs so it is easier to use. (scroll through a list of katakana, pick the right one, and move on to the next)

DemonMike
Dec 22, 2008, 10:29 PM
my first rare~

what I can translate:

Tatami gaeshi

what I assume to be ATP: 52
what I assume to be ATA: 165
what I assume to be DFP: 40
(possibly PA ) LV6 (might be accurate, since it has an extra hit compared to the usual shield PA)
weapons have native/beast/machine/dark and hit attributes (this one had 49 native)

on special, it reads:

Eremento (element?)
Risuku (risk? :v) Lv1
PP (for PA I assume) 18

below it has two stats in kanji I cannot comprehend... one reads 210%, the other 200%

My first rare aswell. Not sure if it helps, but I found it in the area with the 2 robot bosses, ones a drill (Sorry, cant remember the area name, and my Japanese isnt good enough to read it). Figured I'd state the location just incase theres a preference for rare items to drop in certain area's.

Daoh-ji
Dec 22, 2008, 11:53 PM
Hello hello ! I'm posting some litle pieces of info before going to bed :3

Mag Info :
Max level : 100
IG Mags : 30 ( if any, events mags/DLC NOT confirmed ... )

Known mags :

-base mag

-??? :
Desc. : Kinda looks like a trap, if you ask me ... it's flat, it got two eyes, and seem to have a dot on their back.

-??? :
Desc. : Previous mag's evo. It now got two little wings or arms, can't really tell what these parts are, but the body of the mag didn't chante at all !

-Shato
Desc. : I really need to ? xD

Known photon blast :

-???
Desc. : Have a black PB circle. Summons a red cyber centaur that go and hit hard every ennemy on a straight line in front of you.
-Mags having it : The basic one ( lvl 5 or 10, can't recall but i'm pretty shure it's 5 )

-???
Desc. : Have a White PB circle. Summons two little pinguin with some sort of reactor. One is blue and the other is purple. They Boost you and your party ( can't determine wich boost is it, tought, because it dosen't appear on the screen, but i hit harder and faster ... i feel like, anyway ^^ )
-Mags having it : The flat one v1, Shato

-???
Desc. : Have a red PB Circle. Summon a sort of cyber grey butterfly, as seen on scans/videos. Run arround the whole field and hit hard.
-Mags having it : The flat one v2

Hope it help .... a bit ? xD Sorry for my poor english, sorry for my lack of title/name, but 'm just a fan workin' for fun :P

Anyway, i read sumone is using no$gba to take an' upload screeny ... how does it work, could you PM me ? Because there's the problem : i got a webcam only ... so if you want me to show you my IG database that'll be crappy pooey :// With No$gba i could post decent screenies :)