PDA

View Full Version : Rough menu guide

Vernon12345
Dec 20, 2008, 03:55 AM
Figured I'd throw up a quick guide of a couple of menus so that people don't accidentally delete their characters like I did:( Feel free to add your own guides! Anyway, here goes:

MAIN MENU:

-First three options are character slots, obviously
-Fourth option deals with friend codes and such
-Fifth option configures your DS for wifi, same as in Mario Kart, Pokemon, Metroid, whatever else

FRIEND CODES MENU
-First option shows everyone you've added as a friend
-Second option allows you to add a friend code as well as a username associated with that code
-Third option allows you to change the name associated with your code
-Bottom screen displays your own friend code and name

CHARACTER MENU
-First option is Story Mode
-Second option is local multiplayer
-Third option is online multiplayer
-Fourth option is character customisation (you can modify your character whenever you want)
-Fifth option gives you a yes/no prompt to delete your character

CUTSCENE/DIALOGUE STUFF
-Press Start to skip cutscenes
-Press X to rapidly skip through dialogue
-Pressing Y lets you read anything you might have missed by scrolling back with the d-pad

IN-GAME TOUCHSCREEN STUFF

-Top-left corner is obvious - shows your HP, PP and level
-Top-right corner shows your Action Palette - the icons are bound to the Y, B and A buttons respectively. Hold R to bring up the secondary Action Palette
-Bottom-left corner - this window shows you the name and a couple of stats on items you're about to pick up, you also get prompts when someone comes online here
-Bottom-right corner - Map of the current area, shows exits, chests and other stuff
-Uppermost button, next to map - brings up the Pictochat editor, touch to open
-Lower button, next to map - brings up your cache of saved/predetermined Pictochat pics, touch to open
-See the empty strip between all those boxes? That's where other players' HP is displayed.

IN-GAME PAUSE MENU
-First option is your inventory, which is split into four categories: support items, weapons, armour/mags and technique items (I think). Left/right switches categories, up/down to select items, L/R to view info on selected items, A to equip/use, B to cancel
-Second option is (I think) a quick-equip menu, not sure
-Third option allows you to customise the Action Palette
-Fourth option deals with Mag stuff - feeding and all that junk
-Fifth option is to do with quests in single-player mode
-Sixth option allows you to save or quit

More to come!

Blueblur
Dec 20, 2008, 09:26 AM
Online Connection Guide
From Gamefaqs:

You can play PSZ with up to three other people. This'll be a run-down of the menus.

First: To add Friend Codes.
As soon as you press start you're greeted with your character slots. To see your friend code and register other friends, press A on the menu right above Wi-Fi. There you'll see your name, your friend code and three options.

Option 1: View friends.
Option 2: Add friend.
Option 3: Change shown name.

Now that you've got friends (and a Wi-Fi connection, durrr) select your character and go down to Wi-Fi. It'll have the golden emblem, not the silver like Local Multiplayer. You'll be greeted by a prompt, press A on the first option. It's already highlighted. You'll connect and then you'll see three options.

First option: Host/Join Game.
To host a game, click the first option. You'll be sent to a room where you can draw, that's the lobby. When your friends join, you'll see an 'A' icon appear next to the 'Start' icon. Press A to start the game.
To join a game, go to the second. You'll see your friends list! This is the most confusing part that I've found. At your friends list, you'll see four icons.

- Blue background, black person symbol. This means they're waiting in the lobby, waiting for people to join their game. The amount of symbols is how many people are there.
- Green chainlink. This means they're online, but not in a lobby.
- Grey chainlink. They're offline.
- Red background, black running guy. They're in a game.

Now, to join a game. You'll need someone in a lobby. When they're there, press A. Click the first option, and then the first option again. It takes a little bit of time to join a lobby, so if you see yourself alone in there don't pay any mind, you're joining.

Caution: Press A and choosing the first (and only) option on someone who ISN'T in a lobby will delete them from your friends list.

The second option in the main Wi-Fi menu is random matchmaking. I'm not sure what the first red tick is, but the other three are levels. When you're happy with the settings, press A on the two Japanese characters at the bottom-right and you'll start searching. I haven't used this to an extent, so I don't know much after that.

The third and last option in the main Wi-Fi menu is to start a game. Alone. Nobody can join, but it'll notify you when people log onto your friends list and when they make a lobby. It's a good way to play if you're waiting for a friend to come on.

Ryna
Dec 20, 2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the menu translations. I'm sure they'll help a lot of people out.

CircusMaximusBC
Dec 20, 2008, 02:09 PM
thanks man i was hoping someone would do this i look forward to seeing some more! now just waiting for my game to arrive :(

yellow5
Dec 20, 2008, 03:17 PM
-Fifth option has been greyed out thus far, don't know what it is

I think this option has quest information and allows you to quit your currently active quest (and return to town).

therealAERO
Dec 20, 2008, 03:43 PM
I just remembered that the katakana for that option is Kuesuto, so I can only assume that means quest. Nice job yellow5.

Zael Kain
Dec 20, 2008, 03:48 PM
Nice guide,Thanks. wish i would of had seen it sooner before i accidentally erased my character but oh well now i wont' make same mistake lol.

ChronoTrigga
Dec 20, 2008, 05:26 PM
Anyone who's running this on a emulator know how to connect to wifi?

Fry_Heit
Dec 20, 2008, 05:44 PM
It isn't possible. Don't try. It isn't, really. There's no way you can play only with a Nintendo DS emulator.

ChronoTrigga
Dec 20, 2008, 05:54 PM
Oh well, it was merely for testing purposes anyways. I plan on buying this gem when the real game comes out in the U.S. I can't fricken wait. XD

Ultie
Dec 20, 2008, 07:05 PM
-Bottom-left corner - not sure yet

Well if your talking about the start, thats telling u what you can do with the start button at the time, and the box above it shows item information.

also top left of touch screen is also showing who's the leader (star) and your pb guage. (L=R = pb)

ShadowInferno119
Dec 20, 2008, 08:05 PM
IN-GAME TOUCHSCREEN STUFF

-Bottom-left corner - not sure yet

That is for displaying when someone log's on to WiFi. Or if some one host a party.

Amherst_Wind
Dec 20, 2008, 08:07 PM
The menu in game when you press Start goes;

Items
Equipment
Action Palette
Mag
Techniques
Quest
System

Vernon12345
Dec 20, 2008, 09:31 PM
Edited the first post a bit. Anything else I should add?

Tru5t
Dec 21, 2008, 05:52 AM
This thread will be helpful. How about a screenshot to go with it:
http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/hh419/Tru-5-t/06-IN-GAMEPAUSEMENU.jpg?t=1229855831

And maybe a little edit:
http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/hh419/Tru-5-t/06-IN-GAMEPAUSEMENU-edit.jpg?t=1229855829

Not necessary, but I was bored.

Tummai
Dec 21, 2008, 07:45 AM
This thread will be helpful. How about a screenshot to go with it:
http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/hh419/Tru-5-t/06-IN-GAMEPAUSEMENU.jpg?t=1229855831

And maybe a little edit:
http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/hh419/Tru-5-t/06-IN-GAMEPAUSEMENU-edit.jpg?t=1229855829

Not necessary, but I was bored.

Then for the character sheet:

Level: 1
Type: Human
Current XP: 0
XP needed for next level: 70
Meseta: 300

parabolee
Dec 24, 2008, 11:49 AM
I have put together a printable word doc collecting this info and adding some screenshots.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2219134#post2219134

I hope to continue to update with these translations and any other work done to help people play the Japanese version.

If anyone wants help, that would be great!