PDA

View Full Version : Mayalee Fury

oooFokkerooo
Dec 20, 2008, 09:53 AM
So I picked up Mayalee Fury after getting all other Machinegun Bullets to their max for FighGunner... and Mayalee Fury won't even hit in S2!!!

I get nothing but 0's!!!

Am I missing something? Seems like a ridiculous waste of PA Frags!

Genoa
Dec 20, 2008, 09:54 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/1323/mayalee_fury/
Accuracy % is 1. It only gains +1% Accuracy per tier.
It also drains the hell out of your PP.

oooFokkerooo
Dec 20, 2008, 09:59 AM
I saw that... but I figured it was so ridiculous it couldn't be true! What were they thinking?

tirith
Dec 20, 2008, 10:02 AM
start out killing c rank enemies? /shrug

Genoa
Dec 20, 2008, 10:08 AM
Regardless, a 4% Accuracy modifier will still have many problems landing hits on high level targets.

BIGGIEstyle
Dec 20, 2008, 10:34 AM
Zoldeel and Approach from behind :P

My buddy Leveled his MAyalee Fury with me in the party playing my AT. Your best bet to level it now would be:

Lv41+ Zodial
Lv41+ Zoldeel
Attack the enemy from behind

Otherwise... yeah....

I think it's a horrid waste of frags myself, but some people like it

DreXxiN
Dec 20, 2008, 11:14 AM
Zoldeel and Approach from behind :P

That's what she said.

I just leveled it on lower ranks. o_O. Maybe do it in the last story mission C so you can score some Relic Edges.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 20, 2008, 11:25 AM
You don't need buffs/debuffs to level it. All machinegun bullets are 100% accuracy from behind the enemy. Use Mayalee Fury behind the big mobs to push them into corners so your teammates can attack them without worry of getting hit.

gratefulgriz
Dec 20, 2008, 11:34 AM
its a total waste. i made the same mistake, buyer beware!!

darthplagis
Dec 20, 2008, 11:38 AM
Yusaku_Kudou is right, so many people forget/dont know that ALL weapons have 100% accuracy from behind.

id suggest trying seabed s2 with a level 55/60 with no AOTI weapons to see the gains of mayalee fury the ability to hang jarbas as the other fighters rip them to peices as they are being walked like a dog

Zorak000
Dec 20, 2008, 11:39 AM
Back in the day it was used to hold down the ever-deadly Jarba (normal version, not the ones from lightning beasts) to keep it from spamming megid and dambarta.

Try using it on SEED-ardites (from behind, it only pushes them into the nearest wall)

tadtwisted
Dec 20, 2008, 11:54 AM
before rifels had knockdown at 31 mayalee fury was the best bet for hitting big guys without getting hit yourself, and the only way to get it to work all the time is to get behind the enemy.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 20, 2008, 12:02 PM
and goldova, and buffed bil de vears, and a host of other entirely unpleasant enemies.

Proto07
Dec 20, 2008, 12:08 PM
For me the best way was running Linear Line on A with lots of zodiarides and a hit unit. I didn't have to aim for their backs.

stukasa
Dec 20, 2008, 01:22 PM
Mayalee Fury is a waste of PA Frags because most stuff dies so quickly and because you have better options now (31+ rifle knockdown). Unless you're some sort of "completist" and absolutely MUST level every PA, I'd say don't even bother with it. Return it to disc form and make room for another PA instead.

McLaughlin
Dec 20, 2008, 01:44 PM
Mayalee Fury is meant to be used from behind. Even still, you could be doing FAR more damage with a melee weapon/Rifle while still staggering whatever you're hitting.

Genoa
Dec 21, 2008, 03:08 AM
Mayalee Fury is meant to be used from behind. Even still, you could be doing FAR more damage with a melee weapon/Rifle while still staggering whatever you're hitting.

I think the whole point of Mayalee fury was not about damage but it's effect on an enemy.

desturel
Dec 21, 2008, 03:48 AM
To back up what others are saying, Mayalee Fury was good back in the day. Walking Jarba and Gol Dova across the screen saved a number of parties I was in alot of hassle. Unfortunately with the Rifle update to include knockdown, Mayalee Fury isn't very useful any longer.

If you want to level it up, I would take a bunch of machine guns (as many as you can carry) into Plains Overlord (the highest level you can do) and hit the De Ragan in the back of the foot. Not the tail since that will normally net you a bunch of 0, but the back of the foot will take a few points of damage and the De Ragan won't die for a long long time.

thunder-ray
Dec 21, 2008, 05:07 AM
Ya I brought mayalee fury a long time ago and it has since sat in my pm collecting dust >_<

Midicronica
Dec 21, 2008, 10:38 AM
Mayalee Fury was pretty useful back in the day of Mad Beast and Crimson Beast. It was excellent for stun-licking Gol-Dovas and Jarbas. Now, it's not really that useful since most things die within 30 seconds of spawning. It may prove somewhat useful on those annoying Seed-Ardites.

Tetsaru
Dec 21, 2008, 01:51 PM
What these guys said. Mayalee Fury has a launch effect (similar to that of the first hit of Rising Strike), but due to its horrible accuracy modifier, it only works when you attack an enemy from behind.

Back in the old days, it worked wonders on Jarbas and the like because you could "stun-lock" them into a corner so everyone else in the party could kill them a lot easier. But now that rifles have knockdown, the same effect can be achieved with more damage, status effects added, and from any angle, so long as you have good aim and a steady rhythm.

It really sucks that most of the PA frag bullets are so useless nowadays... >_<