PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else find rares yet.

Guardian0
Dec 20, 2008, 11:46 AM
Al rappy room, pink umbrella that drains hp from monsters.

Vernon12345
Dec 20, 2008, 11:49 AM
I did find a rare room full of Rappys, no rare item though, for some reason I didn't think to hit them when they got up:-?

Segya
Dec 20, 2008, 12:48 PM
I found a 6 star thing that was probably a mind material or something like that.

Zarode
Dec 20, 2008, 03:04 PM
I found a Summit Moon and a pair of cool looking daggers.

Guardian0
Dec 20, 2008, 03:49 PM
Did they come in Red Boxes, the umbrella did.

Zarode
Dec 20, 2008, 04:14 PM
Yup, they did. I'm getting a lot of materials too. Not using them until I translate them tho, haha...

KuroNetsune
Dec 20, 2008, 05:32 PM
Found my first red box, and it's a shield @.@ so happy (my favorite weapon so far x3 ) it seems to be some kind of tatami

the katakana reads textually:

tatamigaeshi

:o

Epically Leet
Dec 20, 2008, 05:35 PM
I know it's off-topic, but Guardian0; Seriously, use questionmarks.

Lacerta
Dec 20, 2008, 05:53 PM
Found my first red box, and it's a shield @.@ so happy (my favorite weapon so far x3 ) it seems to be some kind of tatami

the katakana reads textually:

tatamigaeshi

:o

I just found the very same shield while exploring Oblivion City Paru during the story mode.

Shields are so sexy ;o

Amherst_Wind
Dec 20, 2008, 08:18 PM
I found a Watering Can handgun that fires blue water droplets... pretty weak though. Yay for gag weapons!

KuroNetsune
Dec 20, 2008, 08:54 PM
I just found the very same shield while exploring Oblivion City Paru during the story mode.

Shields are so sexy ;o

yeah, it was in that area precisely, if I recall, in the final box of the third room or so :V

for someone who wants to specialize in support, it's daaamn useful, and that shield is proving to be great even on the ofensive :o!

yellow5
Dec 20, 2008, 10:49 PM
I found a Double Saber :)

ShadowInferno119
Dec 20, 2008, 11:36 PM
Uuh,are gold boxes considered to be rare? or just "un-common" and haven't found a red box yet.

Can anyone compose a list of the rare mobs btw?

Reginaldo
Dec 20, 2008, 11:40 PM
I NEED a double saber ;-;

Kamica
Dec 21, 2008, 12:02 AM
I found a Stag Cutlery

Lacerta
Dec 21, 2008, 12:04 AM
I keep finding mags now :/

They're already specialized in a stat, and are not the default Mag, but I kind of want a weapon to use or something...

Vernon12345
Dec 21, 2008, 12:34 AM
Just found another rare enemy in story mode, in the marsh level - brown... things, kinda looked like warthog versions of the Hildebear from PSO, I'll have to check in the bestiary to find out what they are. Only gave me green items anyway.

EDIT: not Hildebear, Gigobooma, they're like little baby Boomas, just found like nine of them in a row... but still no rare drops:(

Lacerta
Dec 21, 2008, 07:10 AM
I just found these machineguns, they look so silly. The "guns" are constantly pinching claws. Though according to the name these are apparently Scissors Machineguns.

シザーズマシンガン

I'm like an organic Edward Scissorhands!

ShadowInferno119
Dec 21, 2008, 12:38 PM
Ok, I'm still lost on how to find if your in a rare block, and stuff. (I know the music changes but i play w/ my iPod, so thats not an option) will like the color of anything change, does the map indicate anything etc.?

gingerdan
Dec 21, 2008, 12:55 PM
Just found three red boxes on a non-main quest. Dunno what they are, 2 are the same, one is a bit different. Not weaponse though, they add +1 to something as far as I can tell :/

Zarode
Dec 21, 2008, 03:48 PM
Ok, I'm still lost on how to find if your in a rare block, and stuff. (I know the music changes but i play w/ my iPod, so thats not an option) will like the color of anything change, does the map indicate anything etc.?

You can get it from backtracking, or right in the middle of a battle. You'll see the monsters, they are pretty aggressive.

DemonMike
Dec 22, 2008, 10:11 PM
From my own experience, a block with a Yellow Box in it increases your chances of finding a rare item.

I've had one rare red box item, but quite a few animal parts (These are green boxes, rather than PSO which had them red). I'm not sure if it was a coincidence, but once all the animals were defeated and I oped the blocks chest, a red box came out, this was a room with a yellow box aswell.

Please note this is just from my own experience and it may all be coincidence, but I'm pretty confident those rooms do increse your chances, however, the blocks which change music with some rare animals are probably the true rare blocks. Its also notable to say the main tell tale sign you are in one of those blocks is that you face enemies in a block you have already cleared and get a 2nd block chest.

Adriano
Dec 22, 2008, 10:16 PM
Just found three red boxes on a non-main quest. Dunno what they are, 2 are the same, one is a bit different. Not weaponse though, they add +1 to something as far as I can tell :/

Addslots perhaps?

Pyce
Dec 23, 2008, 01:36 AM
I just got an M14something on the first level. I haven't used it yet because I'm not at 40, but it seems alright. No hit, though.

neo-kun
Dec 23, 2008, 01:38 AM
The only red boxes I've found so far have been materials. Found a bunch of silly joke weapons like the watering can gun, ketchup bottle/alien raygun mechguns, and boxing glove daggers. XD
Also got a pretty cool looking black double saber with orange blades (shaped like a double ended scythe) from the bank/storage girl.

The bottom option in bank seems to give you prizes now and again after doing quests or filling some sort of requirements. I'm not sure what the requirements are exactly though, I think it may have to do with side quests. Also got a second ketchup mechgun from her.

Aqualic-EX
Dec 23, 2008, 08:52 AM
Sorry to go a tad ''off-topic'' in advance, but I actually had a question concerning these ''rares''...

You see, (hopefully without spoiling too much) I was in a flowery field., with the monsters with their noses out of the floor, and I smacked about 9 or so of them. I opened the chest, and a red chest popped out. I picked it up, and it turned out to be a dagger type. To my surprise the ''rarity'' was only 3 stars...?! o.O

All my other ''rare'' stuff has gotten 5 stars and one red one behind them, so I was wondering if this was correct(the 3 stars dagger from the red box)...?

Anyone who can help me please post here and/or PM me, explanation greatly appreciated!

Also, @ Gingerdan: I found two of those just like you, and they both add to another stat. They aren't addslots, since one of them tells me it adds ''+1 to attack'', but I'm not sure what the other adds +1 to. My guessings it is a sort of materials...? (Haven't used it yet tho, since I first want to know for sure what they are)

As for the rest discussing these rare monsters, you can notice it at either the music, or the creatures themselves. For instance, I encountered two of these ''rare spwanings'' myself, both in the wintery forest(1st level). First of all the Rappys, and secondly some sort of small rhino creatures (looks a LOT like a baby booma?!). So an easy way to see if you got a rare spawn is to see if the creature should belong in the area perhaps...? I find these creatures to stand out, so they are easily noticable for me.

Hope that helps...?

jmanx
Dec 23, 2008, 09:01 AM
I found one but it is something my ra cant use. And I also fought some Miniature Boomas

Ultie
Dec 23, 2008, 09:02 AM

give me a screanie of it or show me in a trade and ild tell you what it is.

now rares. ive found about 10 weapons and 1 armor, no rare units yet. not sure if rappy mag would count since its not hard to get the item to evolve it into it x3

and rares can be less than 6 stars, how it works is if they sell for 10 meseta, its rare (red box) :3

Aqualic-EX
Dec 23, 2008, 09:18 AM
if they sell for 10 meseta, its rare (red box) :3

I lol'd pretty hard at it, but I guess it's true! xD

Thanks in advance, As for those +1 @ certain stat rare thingys, I got two of them, so I'd also like to know what they really are... They came for these yellow/golden boxes, not from an enemy drop. Unfortunately I can't make a screeny or such (nor type japanese on this pc... >>), but I'm certain one of them said +1 to [signs saying attack status as when you press start and see your own stats it's the same signs which show your attack stat].

darkante
Dec 23, 2008, 09:20 AM
I have found a Paper fan which is a Saber type of weapon. Haha

And a some sorts of a Red Claw weapon, with a strong jumping Photon art.
Got about 4 of those lol, one hade actually hit so it were nice.

Also got a decent rare armour, lv 36 requirement.

Then i have found about 5 rare Ranger type of weapon, thatīs why i had this strong urge to start a new Racaseal figurene.
Canīt wait to try those. ^^

Also, got plenty of those Rappy rare rooms but these buggers are so DAMNED hard to hit when they awakes!
They run so fricking fast, and even if it seems you hit them dead on, they still donīt even flinch. :S
Guess i missed some rares for that, but what can i do sigh...

Ultie
Dec 23, 2008, 09:53 AM
I lol'd pretty hard at it, but I guess it's true! xD

Thanks in advance, As for those +1 @ certain stat rare thingys, I got two of them, so I'd also like to know what they really are... They came for these yellow/golden boxes, not from an enemy drop. Unfortunately I can't make a screeny or such (nor type japanese on this pc... >>), but I'm certain one of them said +1 to [signs saying attack status as when you press start and see your own stats it's the same signs which show your attack stat].

when we play together at some point ild view it in trade window, i'm online now with friends atm if you want to join and see right now

Aqualic-EX
Dec 23, 2008, 10:32 AM
when we play together at some point ild view it in trade window, i'm online now with friends atm if you want to join and see right now

Currently my wifi is having some trouble, but I have a plan B..! =3

Please excuse my handwriting, not only is it always bad, this is also the first time I wrote Japanese haha! xD In case it's REALLY bad, the second line of the description says those sign which say ''attack'' andf then +1. =]

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb131/totgelyr/PS0itemATK1.png

PS: I have two of these, as well as one who has a slightly different name, and which does the same, only then for defence.

As for quantity, it says you can have 99 at a time, and it's 6 stars rarity.

Hope this helps and is clear enough?

Ultie
Dec 23, 2008, 10:41 AM
thats a power material. and by reading this, i just realised i made a mistake in my translation topic saying these increase stats by 2 when its actually by 1 x3

Rina Rappy
Dec 23, 2008, 10:41 AM
Name: power material
Status increaser
Attack power +1

Aqualic-EX
Dec 23, 2008, 10:44 AM
thats a power material. and by reading this, i just realised i made a mistake in my translation topic saying these increase stats by 2 when its actually by 1 x3

No kidding...? o.O

Drats, I was hoping it'd be something ''new'', seeing as how the HP Material gives you at least +2 HP... :P

Oh well, I can also 100% confirm that it's the same for the defence material as well then. Got one of those as well. I have no clue on the increasement rate of the others then.

Thanks anyways! :D

DemonMike
Dec 23, 2008, 12:12 PM

Addslots perhaps?

I'm not sure if Addslots exist in this version, but I've noticed you can use grinders on armour in this version (Im certain this wasnt in PSO, I may be wrong, havent played it in years).

Cranberry
Dec 23, 2008, 12:19 PM
If anyone finds a Windmill, hold onto it for me! I will give anything for it! I have no idea if its in this game, but if it is hold onto it for me! I'll buy it at any cost!

I ordered both Phantasy Star Zero and Precure from Play-Asia, PS0 shipped yesterday and Precure shipped today. The race is on! Which will arrive first? Will PS0's one day head start lead it to victory? Or will Precure make a pass? The race is on!

Adriano
Dec 23, 2008, 12:29 PM
I'm not sure if Addslots exist in this version, but I've noticed you can use grinders on armour in this version (Im certain this wasnt in PSO, I may be wrong, havent played it in years).

Ah, that sounds fun. =D

neo-kun
Dec 23, 2008, 11:46 PM
I found a red box 4 star claw that looks like Rika's Claw from PSO (big mechanical claw) on normal mode during the second half of 6th level (the one with the flying surfboard robots etc).

nicoga3000
Dec 24, 2008, 03:21 AM
Haha - flying surfboard robots. I laughed pretty hard at those guys.

As for my current "rare" findings, I found the rappy room that had a wave of yellows, and then a wave of mixed purple and blue. I think the purple rappies gave me +555 exp as opposed to the blue which gave me +255 or so. It was pretty nutty.

Don't think I actually got any drops out of it though.

Question - why are some weapons in red boxes if they're only 4* or 5*? The actual items I've found that are red have 6*, but some weapons I've found have been (as I said) only 4*.

darkante
Dec 24, 2008, 03:29 AM
Today, i got a Twin Handgun that is like...uhh claws on each barrel and blue, and looks like it have some kind of water effect on them.

I like them though, attributes are 20 hit and 40 Native. =)>
Photon art is..that you jump forward in matrix style with slow-mo and all and shooting a bunch of bullets, and then ends it with standing up and spinning around unleashing hell.

Not that strong P.A, but itīs nice regardless.
Although, i wish i knew where i should look, for more Twin handguns. :S

nicoga3000
Dec 24, 2008, 03:51 AM
Those twin guns sound tight. Are they mechguns??

Also, I apparently found a Rappy mag cell. I now have a little yellow rappy hanging out over my shoulder. :3

darkante
Dec 24, 2008, 03:57 AM
Those twin guns sound tight. Are they mechguns??

Also, I apparently found a Rappy mag cell. I now have a little yellow rappy hanging out over my shoulder. :3

I donīt really know what to call that type of weapon.
They shoot 2 bullets each press, so i just assumed. XD

Aqualic-EX
Dec 24, 2008, 10:11 AM
well, my rares so far(with some images of older games if I can find them). Also note that if I remember the location I'll point it out as well. First up are weapons, secondly are enemy parts, and third are enemy encounters..

ALL were found on the Normal difficulty, and currently I'm at Level 36 and almost at 17 hours of gameplay (18:52 hours in total). I have no idea if it has any influence, but all were found in solo offline play.

WARNING!!! Some MIGHT contain SPOILERS if you aren't that far in the game yet. So for those who do NOT WISH TO READ SPOILERS, don't read this!!

Weapons

The fan thingy (Harisen Battle fan?) (http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/hbattfan01.jpg) - Location: ??? (guessings are that it was a ''reward'')

Double Saber (http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BB-DOUBLE_SABER-ACTION-3.jpg) - Location: Wolf drop in the ruined city

Red Saber (doesn't look exactly like this, but it is a red saber) (http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/redsabers.jpg) - Location: Dropped by a monster (don't know exact one) in the mountain area (the one with the dragon boss).

Certain type of shot. - Location: Dropped by a monster (don't know exact one) in the mountain area (the one with the dragon boss).

Dagger types with two thin ''needles'' as blades, they can inflict poison. - Location: Dropped by these animals with their noses out of the ground and their body buried when not close enough (mole like creatures). Found in the ruined city.

Double saber looking like a black and orange scythe with blades on both sides. - Location: I got two actually, one was a ''reward'', and the other was dropped by one of those white creatures with long legs in the level of the final boss.

30 HP Material - Location: All ''rewards''

5 PP Material - Location: All ''rewards''

11 Attack Material - Location: Yellow/Gold boxes and some ''rewards''

any other materials, I got about all materials about two or three times, but they were all found in yellow/golden boxes.

Enemy Parts

Rappy Wing x 1 - Location: Go guess :P

Brown Cobra Head x 3 - Location: If you don't know where to get these, you haven't reached far in the game yet...

Part of the Dragon boss x 1 (assumed it's the tail?) - Location: Errr... Where was it again...? :P

Drill of the Machine boss x 1 - Location: This one is rather a tough one actually... I ASSUME it's from the first time you encounter it as two seperate parts, but it is quite possible it drops it in the next encounter...?

Now, for what they do/can:

Rappy Wing: Feed to mag to get a Rappy mag.

Brown Cobra Head: Can be built into a claw type of weapon in the sewers for 25000 meseta.

Part of the Dragon boss (tail?): Can be built into a partisan/spear type of weapon in the sewers for 5000 meseta.

Drill of the Machine boss: Can be built into a partisan/spear type of weapon in the sewers for 5000 meseta.

I know animal parts aren't really ''rares'', but I thought they were worthy of a mention anyways...! ^^

Enemies

NOTE!!!
Before you read this part, I must point out that I'm not 100% sure about the monsters being rare that appear without the special music. I am 100% sure that they are FAR less likely appear than ''common'' monsters though, so I listed them as well under their own part.

>Enemies with seperate music:<

Black Bunny - Location: So far only in the snow forest area.

Rappy - Location: So far only in the snow forest and mountain area.

Baby Booma (?) [They look like small little.. errr... pigs with brown fur and a single horn on their nose, resembling a Booma from PSO 1&2.] - Location: So far only in the swamp area.

Baby Go/Gigo-booma (?) [Same as with the above mentioned, only then their fur is gold/yellow-ish with purple and their one horn is longer compared to the previous mentioned ones] - Location: So far only in the Ruins/Shrine area (?) [the area to defeat the final boss]

>Enemies without seperate music:<

Red ''Snowman'' (?) - Location: So far (and probably) only in the snow forest area

Gold/Yellow-ish ''Acrobat Bull'' (?) - Location: So far (and probably) only in the mountain area (Dragon boss)

Grey ''Chess Knight'' (?) [Looks a lot like it's white and/or black counterpart, being it quite big and wielding a sword, only instead of having a sword on its back its head can be pulled out and becomes a sword] - Location: So far (and probably) only in the Ruins/Shrine area (?)

So far for my ''rares'' that I encountered, in any possible way.