PDA

View Full Version : How is the Character Creation for the Game?

Leviathan
Dec 20, 2008, 07:11 PM
Is it limited?
In what way?
Is it like PSO and PSU?

Ultie
Dec 20, 2008, 07:18 PM
you cant do anyshape/height changing to the character
you can change hair colour and skin colour from 3 colour's
hat/hair type and clothes colour is 3-5 diferent options
you can choose your voice but each voice has only 2 diferent noises (grunt and whine)
you can choose your mag's colour.

in whole its not that vercitile but it gives you a bit to play around with.

neo-kun
Dec 20, 2008, 07:44 PM
I found character creation very limited in choices and dissapointing. The 5 outit colours per char are just pallet swaps, not different design reskins like PSO had. D:
And honestly I'm really not keen on most of the character designs and head options.

Reno
Dec 20, 2008, 07:48 PM
It's very limited in comparison to PSO/PSU

Hair Style/Head Style (4)
Hair Colour/Body Colour A (3)
Clothes Colour/Body Colour B (5)
Skin Colour/Body Colour C (3)
Voice Type (9, including 'No Voice' option)
Mag Colour (5)

There are actually around 7 hair colours in the game (iirc) but you are limited by your class as to which 3 you can use

Epically Leet
Dec 20, 2008, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the information, Reno! Looking forward to playing around a bit with the options, limited as they are.

Volta
Dec 20, 2008, 09:24 PM
Pulled this from the official thread on NeoGAF:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2wdmvcn.jpg

Should give you a basic idea about what's possible.

Blueblur
Dec 20, 2008, 11:45 PM
Ya beat me to it, Volta. ;)

Zarode
Dec 21, 2008, 12:19 AM
I came in expecting little on that side of things, and I got what I came for. What do you want the DS to do, seriously? Pseudo-N64 handheld.

ChaosAngel92
Dec 21, 2008, 12:55 AM
Lol, someone here is forgetting about the names.
What are, 6 slots only?
Valent...........I need 3 more for completing my characters name ;_;
Had to put it japanese >.>

BioWarrior
Dec 21, 2008, 04:09 AM
Wow seriously? 6 slots? Now I need to figure out how to correctly spell in kana claudia my Hunewearl recreation from pso since it's 1 slot too long

Aqualic-EX
Dec 21, 2008, 09:46 AM
There is little choice in character creation, but at least you can change your character at any time if you want (only looks, not class) without it costing meseta like in PSO 1&2(see it as an ''free'' dressing room, which you can visit endlessly).

However, I have HIGH HOPES that Sega will allow some sort of downloadable content for other/more costumes/colours, etc. Now that would we win. :)

Risingsun
Dec 21, 2008, 11:21 AM
Lol, someone here is forgetting about the names.
What are, 6 slots only?
Valent...........I need 3 more for completing my characters name ;_;
Had to put it japanese >.>

They will probably adjust how long your characters name can be in an English release. Most games released here have at least space for 7 or 8 characters min., since Japanese character are usually larger than English letters.
of course if they dont fix it ill be pretty upset, my name is 7 characters long.

-do any of you know if this kind of thing gets changed during localization?

SubstanceD
Dec 21, 2008, 04:09 PM
By the looks of things I may not make a HUcaseal this time around since I'm not that keen on any of the head designs. Looks like my main charcter will be a HUcast, I also plan on experimenting with HUnewn, HUneweal, FOmar and RAcast.

I really hope that we get more charcter spaces in the International release, I can't think of any decent names that have 6 or less letters in them.

ann_mitama
Dec 21, 2008, 04:10 PM
I think that they'll change it for localization because 1 Japanese character is about 2 English characters. If anything, I bet they'll make the English characters smaller so that more can fit. They should take that kind of thing into account I think.

Leviathan
Dec 22, 2008, 03:34 AM
Awww. That sucks. I thought it would have mush more. :[[
Thanks for the help. I wish HUscaeal's had more customization.
Are there any videos on the customization?

Blueblur
Dec 22, 2008, 10:38 AM
I see myself making a RAcast. If they don't extend the amount of characters then I can't remake my old RAcast, Camouflage.