PDA

View Full Version : What armor for FM?

Frozensword
Dec 21, 2008, 03:19 AM
What is an armor that I can use that can hold a cati / skill pp save? I am a fighmaster.

DAMASCUS
Dec 21, 2008, 03:25 AM
You may be able to find a good deal on Luminous Line which is fire only but has the arm slot that you would need. Either that or Rabol Luminous which is earth..

Frozensword
Dec 21, 2008, 03:26 AM
I really need a neutral armor.

ashley50
Dec 21, 2008, 03:31 AM
serafi senba maybe? :l

Turb0
Dec 21, 2008, 03:31 AM
Assuming the database is correct: Armas Line, Asura-Senba, De Colte Line, Orpa-Senba, Rabol Lebfa, Rabol Lumirus, Rabol Orpad, Serafi-Senba, Shinowa Line, and Yiel Line.

Personally I'd recommend Armas Line if you can afford it. You can equip it as any of the master, forte, or acro classes, it has all slots, it can be any element, it has nice stats as well as a lot of bonuses that a lot of armors don't have. (4 end, 50 atp, 25 acc, 50 tp) Are there any slots you'd like besides the arm slot?

Genoa
Dec 21, 2008, 03:36 AM
IMO as a Fighmaster or Gunmaster you at least need an Arm and Body slot. If you're a CAST FM or GM... Arm, Body, and Extra.
Even if you're not a CAST I'd recommend Extra slot simply because you can put something like Rappy Mode, Puyoment Aura, or Aura Field in there for +4 Stamina.
Resists are amazing, especially since Master class stamina blows.
If you can get your hands on an Armas line that's +4 free Endurance right there. (helps a lot, I love mine)
I hope as FM and GM people are using Cati saves <_>

tirith
Dec 21, 2008, 07:44 AM
my cast GM is using a kaos knight to help keep the dps up and photon charges to keep the pp flowing =)

DreXxiN
Dec 21, 2008, 10:23 AM
Use Armas Line! It's the Red Ring of PSU! ;D

Midicronica
Dec 21, 2008, 10:33 AM
Not sure which server you're on but if you're on the Xbox360 servers, Armas Line and Serafi-Senba, the two most ideal armors for Fightmaster are stupidly expensive. Unless you're a CAST, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on an extra slot and opt for a decent percent Rabol Lebfa, Orpa-Senba, or Rabol Orpad. These all have Head, Arm, and Body.

If you buy made armor, you'd better be willing to shell out a little cash. The boards on the other hand aren't too expensive and metapolymer and ortapolymer can be farmed pretty easily if you don't have enough. I wouldn't suggest buying them from player shops unless you have deep pockets...

xBladeM6x
Dec 21, 2008, 11:36 AM
Serafi-Senba. The are unbelievably expensive, but worth it. Low %'s are cheap however. Armas Line. HA. Forget about it.

xBladeM6x
Dec 21, 2008, 11:38 AM
I hope as FM and GM people are using Cati saves <_>
I aaaaaaaaaaam. (Fighmaster) I just use a Kaos Knight at bosses though.

ashley50
Dec 21, 2008, 12:25 PM
what's wrong with using Cati Saves?

Genoa
Dec 21, 2008, 04:38 PM
what's wrong with using Cati Saves?
I believe in using charges, but when you have to run back to the item vendor for charges... I think the mission would take longer imo =/

acidOD
Dec 21, 2008, 05:00 PM
I believe in using charges, but when you have to run back to the item vendor for charges... I think the mission would take longer imo =/

I agree when I'm soloing... every block pretty much I go restock just to make sure I don't run out in the clutch. In a party though I don't ever run out of all 10 in a single mission. Just restock after you finish and go start the next one!

I'm a FM and have been levelling Tornado Dance... which isn't too cheap in terms of PP either... unless you're spamming Jabroga or something very costly, you'll get through a mission with 10 PCs no problem.

Back on topic... Serafi-Senbas are my choice... except for ground... rabol lumirass is just too cheap for me to justify buying/farming a whole new serafi to replace it.

haruna
Dec 21, 2008, 07:30 PM
What race are you? I have a Beast and Cast at FM.
Beast uses Orpa Senba/Rabol Orpad/Rabol Lebfas.
I have a few serafi-senbas that my Cast uses.

Lumirus Line is ranger-type only, no good for a Fighmaster.
The current, super expensive choice of line shields for master classes is an Armas Line.

Good luck!

Aorre
Dec 22, 2008, 02:31 AM
You should strive for Armas Line in all six elements. Even after you obtain six, keep making them for higher %s and sell the weaker ones. It's best shield for everyone!

I'm also quite surprised how many people have been finding them on those servers. I've done SO MANY runs and have never had one drop.

Good luck hunting/buying. :)

Kumlekar
Dec 26, 2008, 02:18 AM
You should strive for Armas Line in all six elements. Even after you obtain six, keep making them for higher %s and sell the weaker ones. It's best shield for everyone!

I'm also quite surprised how many people have been finding them on those servers. I've done SO MANY runs and have never had one drop.

Good luck hunting/buying. :)

Protranser can you armas? (don't say everyone)

Really depends on your monetary supply. Of course Armas/Serafi is absolute best, but there are other options. Rabol Lumirus is probably the most cost effective, but is always earth.

Gen2000
Dec 26, 2008, 02:32 AM
Ideally I would like a good rainbow Armas line but I have yet to see that drop so I just rock some crappy serafi-senba and rabol lumirus. It's a cast so I need that extra slot, armor selection obviously easier for fleshies.

Armor is mattering less and less with my FM as it did with my FF to me though for average mission runs. Most enemies are dead within 1 Jarborga, few Majarras anyways, and the HP pool is good enough that can absorb a nice amount of damage regardless.

I would still like better armor for the more rare, extreme situations like solo'ing Magashi Army S2 though, I have yet to fight them as FM yet.