PDA

View Full Version : AotI Master Clases TO Forte clases

Th3 Blaz3king
Dec 21, 2008, 01:01 PM
What is the point of bieng a master class when almost all the stats are weaker compared to a forte like fortefighter is stronger then fighmaster, fortegunner is stronger thatn gunmaster, fortetecher is stronger thatn master force, what is the point of being if there weaker

Tetsaru
Dec 21, 2008, 01:42 PM
Faster attacking animations and higher PA level caps. They're specialized towards one area of offense.

Keep in mind that the master classes require 2000 MP PER LEVEL, so they'll take a while to get the stats up. If you're comparing a Lv20 Fortefighter to a Lv1 Fighmaster, then yeah, there'll be a huge gap between the stats until you get Fighmaster to Lv20. And yes, I have heard that even then, the stats are a bit lower, but I figure the faster attack animations and higher PA level caps, along with your own character's level and equipment, play a large part in overriding that.

That said, if you prefer something more versatile, then stick with another class.

Genoa
Dec 21, 2008, 03:34 PM
FM: If you can attack faster and have PA's +10 over Forte, You're performance for damage is greater simply due to Damage over Time.

GM: If you can attack faster and have PA's +10 over Forte combined with higher elemental bullet damage and SE levels, You're performance for damage is going to OWN Fortegunner handsdown

MF: If you can cast faster and have PA's +10 over Forte (which techs get the MOST benefit from 41-50 in comparison to ALL other tier level ups) and hit more targets with the new tier, and gain higher SE's with the new tiers, and have exclusive faster Rod casting, and have S-rank Madoogs, and still can heal all your health with Resta 10, and... well the list goes on

Kadajenova
Dec 22, 2008, 07:01 AM
FM: If you can attack faster and have PA's +10 over Forte, You're performance for damage is greater simply due to Damage over Time.

GM: If you can attack faster and have PA's +10 over Forte combined with higher elemental bullet damage and SE levels, You're performance for damage is going to OWN Fortegunner handsdown

MF: If you can cast faster and have PA's +10 over Forte (which techs get the MOST benefit from 41-50 in comparison to ALL other tier level ups) and hit more targets with the new tier, and gain higher SE's with the new tiers, and have exclusive faster Rod casting, and have S-rank Madoogs, and still can heal all your health with Resta 10, and... well the list goes on

You're right. Master classes are only offensive classes, they'll do more DPS , but they're also weaker on the defensive side (less EVP,MST,END,HP). So yeah master classes are for pple who only want to ATTACK no matter how many times they die (i know some MF who die like 40+ times per day >.>). Personally, i want the most versatile and balanced fighter , so i'll stay FI :P

Smidge204
Dec 22, 2008, 09:01 AM
What is the point of bieng a master class when almost all the stats are weaker compared to a forte like fortefighter is stronger then fighmaster, fortegunner is stronger thatn gunmaster, fortetecher is stronger thatn master force, what is the point of being if there weaker

At first glance this seems to be the case. The raw stats for, say, GM vs. FG do not compare that favorably. A level 20 Fortegunner gets the following base stat mods:

126% HP
140% ATP
230% ATA
75% TP
120% DFP
140% EVP
86% MST
125% STA

A level 20 Gunmaster, however, gets:

120% HP
136% ATP
250% ATA
30% TP
110% DFP
40% EVP
125% MST
80% STA

So the only places GM has an advantage is ATA (230% vs 250%) and MST (86% vs. 125%).

However, GMs have access to S rank Twin Handguns and, more importantly, level 50 Photon Arts. How big a difference is that? 20% more APT for rifles, 15% more for shotguns, 30% more for lasers and 10% more for Twins (which also gain 10% accuracy).

The weapon modifiers are applied after the job modifiers, so let's do a test character to see how they really compare:

Base ATP for a level 140 Female Cast (my char type... I'm bias) is 1028. For comparison, for each case we'll use level 20 job and highest level burning shot available. (I'm not sure how the weapon's ATP is plugged into the equation, but it'll be the same for both)

Fortegunner: 1028 * 1.4 * 2.0 = 2878 ATP

Gunmaster = 1028 * 1.36 * 2.5 = 3495 ATP

Hey, what do ya know... again I'm not sure how weapon ATP is added in but it can only increase that gap.

Oh yeah, level 41+ Burning Shot gets 48% elemental damage (vs 40%) and level 5 Burn status effect (vs level 4). That's a palpable difference.

Don't forget the double firing speed for shotguns and nearly triple speed for laser cannons, which means a GM is dishing out more damage at a faster rate than their FG counterparts. The balance is limited equipment selection.
=Smidge=

Golto
Dec 22, 2008, 09:19 AM
Being Gm lvl 14 I'm doing about the same damage with rifles using lvl 42 bullets compared to FtG lvl 20 and lvl 40 rifle bullets. So you can tell that the damage difference should be very noticable between GM lvl 20 + lvl 50 rifle bullets and FtG lvl 20 + lvl 40 rifle bullets.

ike239
Dec 22, 2008, 09:42 AM
your absolutely right but i feel that as a masterforce i do way more damage than a fortetecher because i get way more hits in than i would as a ft that speed boost works wonders

_Vyser_
Dec 22, 2008, 05:00 PM
When I was running Eggs the other day as MF1, I noticed I was going at roughly the same speed as my FT 20. In fact, me and my friend were eventually able to go faster than when we played as FF and FT (he is a FM now). Of course we brought someone along with a gun, but they were leveling GT and only shot the traps for us when needed.

MF does indeed look like a terrible class if you compare the stats, but I think the increased casting speed, weapon usage, and 41+ techs more than make up for the terrible stats. Only thing you need to worry about is not getting hit, which isn't an issue if your techs are 31+/41+ and not allowing yourself to be gang banged by everything in the room.

Zarode
Dec 22, 2008, 05:06 PM
Only the rich and experienced get the full potential out of the master classes.

_Vyser_
Dec 22, 2008, 05:10 PM
You do make a good point Zarode. The master classes can be a little harder to play because of the S-rank equipment requirement, and the lower stats. I guess it's a good thing you need to get two advance classes to 10 in order to be one. Even then though, I'm sure not everyone will be able to play the master classes as well as FF (for example) right away. At least this experience gap might encourage a variety of classes being played.

Mystil
Dec 23, 2008, 08:58 AM
Faster attacking animations and higher PA level caps. They're specialized towards one area of offense.

Keep in mind that the master classes require 2000 MP PER LEVEL, so they'll take a while to get the stats up. If you're comparing a Lv20 Fortefighter to a Lv1 Fighmaster, then yeah, there'll be a huge gap between the stats until you get Fighmaster to Lv20. And yes, I have heard that even then, the stats are a bit lower, but I figure the faster attack animations and higher PA level caps, along with your own character's level and equipment, play a large part in overriding that.

That said, if you prefer something more versatile, then stick with another class.

Actually FM20 is statistically inferior to FF20. It's like that with all three 3 versues the fortes.

However their speed and 50caps close the gap.

All in all forte classes are for versatility.

Seority
Dec 23, 2008, 09:19 AM
Only the rich and experienced get the full potential out of the master classes.

Actually, GM is all about the bullet levels. You don't really need awesome gear to be a good GM.
So if anything, GM is about the effort you put into it, unlike FM where it is all mainly high % S ranks.
MF is a little of both.

Pillan
Dec 23, 2008, 12:50 PM
The secret to mastering melee is making or purchasing high elemental gear. The secret to mastering range is leveling your bullet arts. The secret to mastering attack techs is to play as Newman. These rules of thumb are true regardless of class.

Smidge204
Dec 23, 2008, 01:20 PM
Actually, GM is all about the bullet levels. You don't really need awesome gear to be a good GM.

Well, you need at least S rank gear anyway :D

Otherwise yeah, the bulk of a GM's potential lies in their PA levels, rather than their equipment. You can't buy leveled PAs either, so it's really all about time and effort.
=Smidge=

Pillan
Dec 23, 2008, 01:38 PM
That's not very hard seeing as every single one of Gunmaster's 10 star S ranks drops in Illusionary Shaft.

Kumlekar
Dec 25, 2008, 03:07 AM
Actually FM20 is statistically inferior to FF20. It's like that with all three 3 versues the fortes.

However their speed and 50caps close the gap.

All in all forte classes are for versatility.

you acting as if speed and lv 50 PA's aren't quantifiable. speed is a 15% boost, and the 10 level difference is easily calculated based on which PA/bulet/tech is used. The Master classes are statistically superior to forte in damage.

Talise
Dec 27, 2008, 01:00 AM
You're right. Master classes are only offensive classes, they'll do more DPS , but they're also weaker on the defensive side (less EVP,MST,END,HP). So yeah master classes are for pple who only want to ATTACK no matter how many times they die (i know some MF who die like 40+ times per day >.>). Personally, i want the most versatile and balanced fighter , so i'll stay FI :P
to me this just means you arn't able to take advantage of the master classes' stun locking ability(due to faster attack speed) and their quicker attack recovery so they can evade an attack. Playing master classes is more engaging because it's faster, but I can understand if another person likes to build characters rather than skill.

acier287
Dec 27, 2008, 02:00 AM
At lvl 20 the gap isnt that big. The lvl 50 PA's and the faster attack rate surpasses the forte. Think of it this way. Forte is the young strong fighter. and master is the old sensei. while the young guy has power the master has expert control over his body allowing faster strikes and with more precision (lvl50) it sounds stupid but its how it works here in psu. Master>forte if you put the work into it