PDA

View Full Version : Xbox New Weapons?

Iamtwister
Dec 21, 2008, 02:03 PM
Hi i'm new to the community and I don't know that much about pso but I am a ranger lvl 25 and I havent gotten new weapons available to buy from the store since I think i was lvl 10. When do I get new guns that I can buy? Because I am really getting bored with my mech gun +9.

Vanzazikon
Dec 21, 2008, 03:35 PM
Usually stronger and better weapons are available at the shop at higher levels. Just keep training.

I really think you should focus more on other things besides weapons at that level.

I'm going to assume that you're completely new to PSO. Look for armor/frames with slots, collect units such as knight/Power, Digger/HP, General/Arms, etc. Equip those units in your armor.

Be mindful of your mag, they are your best friend in PSO. Power up your mag a lot. If you do, you increase your stats.

If you are going to do what I stated, you will find it easier to past (assuming you are in Normal) Normal. When you reach hard, I guarantee you would stop looking in the shop for weapons, you would start hunting for rare weapons and other rare items. This is where PSO really becomes fun.

Hope you enjoy the game. :wacko:

Jaspaller
Dec 21, 2008, 07:38 PM
You can find some better weapons if you search in harder areas. Leveling up your own level is the only way to see better weapons in shops.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Dec 23, 2008, 12:10 PM
The first one is level 11.

Iamtwister
Dec 24, 2008, 03:36 PM
Oh ok so I should level up my mag? Also can anyone tell me when the next weapon upgrade is at?

bradc88
Dec 24, 2008, 10:24 PM
no you need to level up your character but dont get me wrong keep leveling your mag feed it whenever it is hungry and i suggest gettign to hard mode depending one what your section ID is you should go hunt for a varista and crushbullet as they will be deemed very useful in the near future i have found purplenum to be a very very usefull section ID for a ranger so go with what you want but for a better idea visit section ID chart to see what all of the ID's drop and which you would like to choose because level 25 is not too far in so you can still start over fairly easily so goodluck hunting my friend :P

Ranmaru
Dec 25, 2008, 02:03 PM
Yes, you SHOULD level up your mag. It can either raise you Defense, Attack, Accuracy, or your Mind. ;3 Also if you feed it regurlarly it can help you, like revive you (random) or make you invicible. It also has its limits (like a limit breaker in FF7) it has up to three different PB blasts it can do to the enemy, or to help yourself.

First, you shouldn't always buy from the shop, because you can find everything on Ragol instead of buying it. But, sometimes is good. I usually always visit the shop to buy fluids and items, etc.

Tired of using a Mechgun? Don't worry, you'll soon be getting Shotguns (hits at least five monsters, but a little slow), Rifles (have great range), Launchers (a little slow as well), and Handguns, etc. I guess with a ranger, it takes a little time to be able to use what rangers have, I think.

Just so you know, if the color of the weapon is not green, its probaly an upgrade. (You should have found blue weapons, or maybe if you went far enough some pink ones)

Iamtwister
Dec 28, 2008, 09:22 PM
What is a blue/pink weapon?

Ketchup345
Dec 29, 2008, 12:15 AM
The first few levels of a weapon have a color coding system to identify their "rank":
Green (basic/weak)
Blue
Purple (Pink above)
Red
Yellow (strongest available found with random special abilities)
Unique looks (no longer color coded, fixed specials)
Gold (only available as online S-rank prizes, you choose special)

Iamtwister
Jan 17, 2009, 09:20 AM
Ok where does it show the color in the game? But thanks anyway since im lvl 26 now and I have shotguns and snipers. (They both kind of suck though...)

Ketchup345
Jan 17, 2009, 10:01 AM
It is on the weapon itself.
Most obvious would be the Sabers with the whole "blade" being color coded. Guns usually have a bar somewhere on the top. Partisans and Daggers have the blade itself color coded. Swords are colored along the edge. Canes have a colored dot on the hitting part. Wands I think had both ends outlined by the color. Rods had the color connecting both parts of the "C" I think.

That should be all the basic weapons and where they are color coded. Hopefully I got everything correct.

halibabica
Jan 17, 2009, 10:07 AM
The color shows as the color of the weapon. For example, a Saber has a green blade whereas a Brand has a blue blade. Both weapons do the same thing, but Brands are stronger than Sabers. All the basic weapons are color-coded like this. So, the Mechgun you're using fires green bullets, right? When you find one that fires blue bullets (can't remember the name), you'll know it's an upgrade. Of course, you can also tell because your ATP will go up more.

Sazega
Jan 17, 2009, 12:36 PM
Uhm, back to the whole mag thing.

Seeing as you're a Ranger and a Cast type, you wan't more Power and Dexterity. Don't feed the mag any trifluids, because it will raise Mind, and being an android, you can't use magic. Any kind of Mate generally increases power the best and quite a bit of defense over time. To get Dexterity which in creases your attack accuracy, try feeding the mag antidotes or antiparalysis.

Your mag's level limit is 200. So, I'd suggest making your mag have stats like... 100 Power, 50 Defense and 50 Dexterity. Or, if you've looked into the guides and want a "rare" mag, try something along 95 Power 5 Defense and 100 Dexterity.

If you're wondering how a mags level increase your stats, it goes like this:
Every 1 level for a mag's POW[er] gives you 2 Attack Power[ATP]
Every 1 level for a mag's DEF[ense] gives you 1 Defensive Power[DFP]
Every 1 level for a mag's DEX[terity] gives you .5 Attack Accuracy[ATA] (So, if you have 10 DEX on your mag, you get 5 ATA]
Every 1 level for a mag's MIND gives you 2 Mental Strength[MST] (Seeing as you have an android, Mind levels on a mag are virtually useless to you.)