PDA

View Full Version : have you ever wanted to do voice overs for animated shows??

Saner
Dec 23, 2008, 01:41 PM
ya I was wondering about that, I'm sure it's actually one of the easiest jobs around, it just
takes a little practice I guess, but overall it's not like you gotta do full acting or anything like that.
but overall, I think it's just a matter of maybe make remixed versions of a show, but with your voice in it, kind of like what some people did here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V6FiFktb8s

I actually know someone who's into voicework, but they do voice impressions mostly.
I think they submitted some stuff to L.A. but not sure how that went, but maybe if someone
just has the right voice talent, they can get hired really easy? but of course some companies
prefer people with experience.

-Crokar-
Dec 23, 2008, 01:51 PM
ive done some voice work for my freinds little animation. it is fun but dpending on how your talking it can be a strain on the vocal chords. i also did the sound effects which probobly more my line of work.

Kylie
Dec 23, 2008, 01:51 PM
Oho, it's not easy. If it was, voice jobs wouldn't suck so often. But I do think it would be fun, so I've fantasized about it every now and then. My voice isn't that interesting though. XD

DreXxiN
Dec 23, 2008, 01:56 PM
My voice is amazing, I kinda wish someone would hire me already.

Retehi
Dec 23, 2008, 02:13 PM
Yes, and hopefully one day it'll happen.

amtalx
Dec 23, 2008, 02:49 PM
I took some acting classes back in the day. Shit's a lot harder than it looks.

Seority
Dec 23, 2008, 03:13 PM
I'd rather act.
If anything was just going to be my voice I'd be a singer lol.

Ranmaru
Dec 23, 2008, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't mind Voice overs. :3 Wanna hear my voice? You can hear it on my Snapvine (Online Voice mail thingy)

http://www.snapvine.com/profile/w1dwUtBo8cDiasBWiaXDWE3A6I0fZo6Q

What you think? :3

Vanzazikon
Dec 23, 2008, 04:29 PM
I've thought about it, but I don't know if I want it as a career.

DreXxiN
Dec 23, 2008, 04:34 PM
I wouldn't mind Voice overs. :3 Wanna hear my voice? You can hear it on my Snapvine (Online Voice mail thingy)

That doesn't sound like a genius girl =(

Mixfortune
Dec 23, 2008, 06:14 PM
There were various screening booths set up in some of the more anime based buildings in Tokyo, one in particular where you could voice over some sections of a Pokemon episode.

There were a few places as well in the TV studios where you could look in on some live shows. I imagine there's similar stuff in other countries as well as the states.

Voice acting or acting was one of the paths I was considering going down, but overall it seems a tad on the silly side as a career choice that I always second guess myself on it. I used to be aware of communities where voice overs were more the focus, but never really looked into it enough.

Sinue_v2
Dec 23, 2008, 07:45 PM
VA'ing would likely suck. I think it would take a certain type of talent, even somewhat above and beyond normal acting. When you act, you can sort of just "blur out" the lights, camera, crew, etc and really physically put yourself in the character's shoes. You can "become" the character. As a VA, you're standing in a closet behind a podium watching a screen. It's harder to put yourself in character, because you're watching it from the outside. Ya know?

Not to mention they have to deal with lipsynching and timing which artificially changes the pace of dialog, especially when localizing foreign media. They have to conform the character and their acting to the action already on the screen, rather than letting it flow naturally.

Rubius-sama
Dec 25, 2008, 11:51 PM

Let me guess... you're 17, female, and you live in Tokyo, Japan. Clever.

Ranmaru
Dec 26, 2008, 12:34 AM
I guess its pretty close. yah. xD

Shattered_weasel
Dec 26, 2008, 11:56 AM
I already do. My name is Steve Blum.

Ranmaru
Dec 26, 2008, 02:57 PM
Man, I want to voice SOMETHING, you know? Even a little animation online. Or maybe even a song, or a song that sounds like a background song (imitating the background music from super smash brothers, but by humming) or something like that. I wouldn't mind doing that.

Tyreek
Dec 26, 2008, 04:04 PM
Ho ho! Plenty of times. Watching so much anime since my youth I feel I can at times, that is if I can break that self-conscious barrier I loom over myself. I do sneak in a few VA attempts when nobody is looking. ;)

Zarode
Dec 26, 2008, 04:40 PM
Does parodying count as voice acting? :wacko: I tend to do that a lot. (think "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!" but only within my group of friends.)