PDA

View Full Version : K So PS0 > PSP? Also, PSO DC > Both

deso123
Dec 24, 2008, 08:08 PM
Every time i check up on these two games I see PSZ always with more views and more attention no matter which game is out and what's going on in their respective categories PS0 seems to always have the full attention compared to PSP. Is PSZ really that much better? I know it's not a direct clone of anything else so that could obviously get more attention but what else is it? Is the gameplay really that much better? Are the levels any good? What's making this game good or is it even that good?

Reginaldo
Dec 24, 2008, 08:11 PM
So many people are viewing this board because it just came out.

aarosmashguy
Dec 24, 2008, 08:13 PM
yeah lately i've seen way more people on the ps0 board. If anything ps0 is getting more attention..

Adriano
Dec 24, 2008, 08:16 PM
Every time i check up on these two games I see PSZ always with more views and more attention no matter which game is out and what's going on in their respective categories PS0 seems to always have the full attention compared to PSP. Is PSZ really that much better? I know it's not a direct clone of anything else so that could obviously get more attention but what else is it? Is the gameplay really that much better? Are the levels any good? What's making this game good or is it even that good?

The best/most captivating thing is probably that, it's LESS like PSU, than PSP.

donkeybeatz
Dec 24, 2008, 08:28 PM
It basically takes most of the things that's good in PSO and PSU and puts it in one complete package.

It cuts the redundant crap and lets you jump in and play. For a DS game, it's pretty high quality and I think its way more fun than PSU gameplay wise.

jmanx
Dec 24, 2008, 09:53 PM
It is nothing like psu really. This is what they basically did Ported PSO(Which they did one hell of a job) to the DS then make the psu things optional like photon Arts and strafing(I dont really use the strafe, but I do like the photon arts). And the rolling thing is ps0 own thing. And playing Online with FC is great with the picto chat and all. I always wanted to picto chat online since its just pointless local lol.

deso123
Dec 24, 2008, 09:58 PM
is there an online automatch system so you dont need fc? i heard there was.

likealolita
Dec 24, 2008, 10:22 PM
is there an online automatch system so you dont need fc? i heard there was.

Yeah, you can choose to be randomly placed into a game with other players.

Dragwind
Dec 24, 2008, 11:24 PM
The game is new, so it's natural for increased views in this area.

ChronoTrigga
Dec 25, 2008, 04:13 AM
The game is the best game since PSO DC, so it's natural for increased views in this area.

Indeed it is.... ;)

Akaimizu
Dec 25, 2008, 05:11 AM
It's new is one thing that has people excited. Another thing is the very wise decision to make PS0 not anything like PSP. However, not because of quality issues.

Believe me, PSP is a very awesome game that was put together, lovingly, on the PSP. It's basically all the best stuff that came out of PSU, with a good deal of elimination of the pet-peeves of PSU. Not to mention, it also contains downloadable content, in which they've been pretty good at delivering timely updates. (And best of all, they have challenges in some of thier specialty downloadable missions, adding a nod to the challenge mode of PSO. Cases where within a mission, you have various timed challenges (where if you beat them you gain access to goodies you otherwise wouldn't get). A streamlined PSU with twists of the good ol' challenge mode of PSO in there is a whole lot of goodness.) I would like to hope the US release of PSP gets the same treatment, but those of us who imported PSP finally get to see what it means to run the japanese version of a Phantasy Star release. They certainly love their japanese gamers with their attention to timely updates and stuff.

However, what I do mean about the wise decision to make PS0 not like PSP, is that the new (But more like PSO) experience of it allows those who already have PSP to still salivate at playing a new portable Phantasy Star. If they tried to make PS0 the same as PSP, or close to it, the PSP adopters wouldn't really care much about this release because they already have it.

I wouldn't be surprised if I end up liking both just the same...Just two awesome Phantasy Star-- online games that are about as good as having two great portable sci-fi dungeon hackers that just happen to have Phantasy Star in the name.

Still, when PSP was just coming out, there were lots of interest and info posts, just like it is for this game.

SubstanceD
Dec 25, 2008, 08:37 AM
Well I love PSO with all my heart and soul but I have also played it to death ever since the first version came out on the Dreamcast. I've been there and done that for almost a decade and I just want somthing new to do.

Unlike most others, I also love PSU, there are alot of things about that game that I think are brilliant. Sadly a lack of updates has lead to a lack of cnew content which has kept PSU from reaching it's full potntial. For me in partcular, the fact that the offline portion of the game has almost no content is a serious issue especially since everything is apparently on the disc already, Sega just chose to lock it away. Broadband is not available where I live so I will never have the option of playing PSU with decent content. Even if I were to get Online chances are there still wouldn't be enough conetnt to keep me satisfied since everyone else seems so dis-enchanted.

Phantasy Star Zero represents a return of alot of the gameplay elements that made PSO enjoyable but we are getiing a new story, new levels and hopefully new rares, it's basically PSO without the been there done that sense of deja vu. At the same time it seems as if Sega has managed to avoid alot of issues that are plagueing PSU. On paper it does seem as if PS0>PSO>PSP>PSU.