PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Millionaire Money making guide

WildArms2
Dec 25, 2008, 02:07 AM
IF you aren't a complete beginner you probably can skip down to the second post this post is about how to use the shop feature.

Starting out in PSU now can be a little overwhelming some items seem like they are extremely to expensive. Healing items cost up to 1500 meseta (star atomizers) and refilling your photon arts can drain your money if you aren't careful.

The beauty of PSU is the ease that you can make money once you know what your doing. Even a level 5 can become an instant millionaire with a little luck. This will be part 1 of a many informative series on how to make money in PSU. These guides are mainly for the beginners starting out buy even some more experienced guardians may learn a thing or two by reading.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU NEED
open shop

found in the guardians colony 2nd floor of the ship in the room decorations shop

open shop costs 15k or 15,000 meseta but it worth every penny

So if you are just starting PSU 15k might seem like a huge investment but just make sure you grab every single item on the ground while playing missions and sell all that you don't need to either the NPC (non playable characters) or stockpile them. I would suggest selling all the synthesis materials to the NPC until you get your 15k to purchase the open shop.

Now by the time you gain enough meseta to open shop you purchase it and take it to you PM (partner machine) and feed it too him by selecting redecorate. Now you can access all your items in your PM from the computer to the right of him. Once you select the computer it will bring up a window saying

Switch items for sale
Write Ad
return

Select the switch items for sale and now it will bring up a new menu

Shop items (these are the items that are in your shop and ready to be sold
Storage items (these are the items that in your PM)

You can add up to different 30 items to your shop. You add items by selecting storage items then selecting any item you would like to sell from the list of items you have collected then it will let you set the price you wish to sell the item at. After that if you have multiple quantities it will ask you how many do you wish to put up for sale. Now that you have a shop there are almost no items you should sell the NPC anymore almost all the the items you can sell to other players at a higher rate than the NPC will buy them from you.

The most common items to sell are elemental photons. These items cannot be bought from the NPC and can only be found and bought from other players so the prices on these guys can be quite high at times depending on the supply and demand of said photon.

Gra-photon
Di-photon
Megi-photon
Ban-photon
Ray-photon
Zon-photon

currently zon-photons are worth the most cause of an upcoming event...any ways now let me explain how to search a players shop so you can check other players prices and know what to price you own items at. Right behind your PM is a vision phone that allows you to search every players shop for any item. Click on it and it brings up a menu

view information
Bulletin Board
Go to room
Search for a shop
Recently visited room
View visitor Log
Help
Return

Click on search for a shop and it will bring up a new menu with

Recommended shops
Search by name
Search by Ad
Search by item
Search by condition
Return

You'll almost always want to use search by condition click on that and it will bring up another new menu

Start Search (this will start your search)
Set item name (this is where you put item name you wish to search for)
Set price (this can allow you to set limits on how much you wish to spend)
Set rarity ( this can allow to search for a specific rarity)
Set category (this can allow you to search only for one type of weapon or armor)
Sort settings (this give you choices on how the results are displayed. You can display thing by price which will show you the lowest priced item or you can search for upgrades highest grinded weapon 1st or you can search for attribute rate highest % first)
Clear conditions

The defaults are set to show you the lowest priced items available so just enter the item name and click on start search and it should give you a list of shops that have the item and what price they charge for it. most of the time when pricing synthesis items you want to match the lowest price item if you want a fast sale then you should undercut by a few meseta or more if you want an even faster sale. BUT for the most part you should match the lowest priced items price.

WildArms2
Dec 25, 2008, 02:07 AM
OKAY now you know how the shop works here how to make big bucks even at level 5, 10, 20 ect

Go to parum east and either transport to Raffon field base or play through mad creatures to get to Raffon field base. At Raffon field base there is a mission called SLEEPING WARRIORS this mission has an area drop RELIC EDGE that drop on all difficulties C thru S2 and any creature can drop it.

The best part about this is you don't even have to kill the mini boss at the end of the mission if he is too strong for you. you can easily abandon mission and start over killing more badira or little hopping dudes because they all have the same chance of dropping the relic edge.

This item currently sells for 1.4 million meseta on the xbox 360 servers. You can find this item even on a C run! The chance that you will find this item is the same regardless if you are playing C B A S S2 regardless if you are level 1 34 or even 150. I myself have personally found up to 3 relic edges in one run! To think that this item is worth 1.4 mil is insane! All you need to do is do a few runs here a when you find one of these items put it in your shop for whatever the current going rate is and bingo you are an instant millionair!

Dhylec
Dec 25, 2008, 09:34 PM
Interesting advice, just seems a bit limited in term of options.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 25, 2008, 09:46 PM
I do agree with this..... there are other rare finds as well.....like agito edges.....i think those can be found on C-S2 or a blackheart aura ^_^
I found 2 of those tuesday before i went to florida

WildArms2
Dec 28, 2008, 11:28 PM
yes but agito edges require a highier level character this is mainly for beginners and anyone can farm relic edges. HIVE is a loter hard mission than sleeping warriors and I will be updating this with more information here is the next part of it

WildArms2
Dec 28, 2008, 11:29 PM
Items that are currently "HOT" or indemand

Each item is worth something depending on several factors including supply, demand, anticipation, NPC buy rate, and limited time item. I'll explain each of these factors for you here and then give you some of the items that are currently hot

Supply

Well, everything in this game has a somewhat limited supply or amount of said item. Sure you can go and farm (hunt more of said item) but for the most part things are pretty limited with one exception. Things the NPC sell at their store. This included almost all of the synth materials ranging from 1-9* and 1-9* weapon and armor boards and healing items. The items the NPC sells can never run out and will always be for sale. Things that are for sale at the NPC have what I like to call a glass ceiling which is a maximum price that they can be sold for in your shop. Things like ebon have a max of 4000 since that is what the NPC sells them for. Most items gain their value from the rarity of said item not the actual stats

Demand

Pretty much this is coolness or newness of said items. Demand is effected by a number of things including for weapons and armors how good said item is. How many star * said item is. How unique said item is. And then also just how cool said item is. There is a basic marketing principle that applies with demand and that is as the price of something drops demand will increase and then eventually they will meet and you'll find a median price where supply and demand equals out. Demand on syntheses materials is determined by how many boards are in the game and how many of said material that board takes to make. Items like DIAD is worth quite a bit because you MUST use 30 of them to make 1 Psycho wand. Goldania is also quite expensive because you need 15 to make one weapon and it is used for 4 or more boards.

Anticipation

We have the joy of being able to look into the future of PSU by checking out what updates Japan receives and then use that information to make big bucks when the time comes. Being able to look into the future of PSU has a huge impact on the games economy here. People are able to stockpile said items that will be need for certain mission or will be used for new boards and make a killing when the new mission arrives (example Zon-photon and megi-photon for the next two event). It also acts as a resource for comparison on prices or expected prices on said items. Our economies are different sometimes but for the most part we reflect the Japanese economy. Items like S+10 are I believe 2 mil+ currently there and we are just now reaching the 1mil mark on these.

NPC buy rate

This gives you an absolute minimum value any item can be worth. The NPC will buy anything from you at a set price. They will never refuse to buy an item from you regardless if you have 10 or 10,000 of that item they will always take the item from you. Items that drop a lot and aren't in demand normally take a huge plunge in price and bottom out around the NPC buy back rate sometimes though you can make some money because players are selling items in their store at a lower rate than what the NPC would buy that item for. Example of Lumirus Line a 11* armor fire only sell to the npc for 120,000 now sometimes you can find that item in players shops for 90k 100k ect well you can take that item and sell it to the NPC for a 20-30k profit on each item. You should always familiarize yourself with NPC buy rates and how much the NPC sells an item so you don't over pay and don't undersell your items.

Limited time items

Certain items are one shot deals, and some are one time a year deal. Currently the Spread Needle G is an item you can no longer get. Hard HP restore is also an item you could only get during an event but now if you check the Japanese schedule you can aquire it again in shred the darkness event but it has been unavailable for over 1 year. Items that are limited are normally worth holding onto since you can't get them anymore once the event or time limited has expired prices on these items normally rise. Holiday items also fall into this category even room decoration and room tickets can be worth a lot of money if you can't purchase that item anymore from the NPC your forced to purchase it from a players shop or wait another year for the item to be released again. Last year I purchased several hundred Xmas Boxes for 5k within a few months I was able to sell those in my shops for 50-100k and then about 6 months later I was able to sell them for 300-500k since the supply of the item had evaporated. Christmas trees, Easter eggs, any room decoration that is only here for a short period of time value normally rises over time. But with these items you need to be careful you don't wait too long and then the items reappear in the NPC shop or the monster that drops them reappears. In the case of Christmas tree's make sure you sell them before Christmas next year else the price is going to tank again.

Okay now on to items that are currently extremely high in value

Olpad 40-50k
Copernia 40-50k
Grinder base S 90-100k

Reason being is 2 copernia or 2 olpad make one Grinder Base S at the parum juice stand so those 2 items are always roughly half the cost of a BASE S. Reason Base S is so high is due to the grind boost going on right now. These items are found on every mission

De Ragnus Dorso 400-600k

Reason this is so high is due to the anticipation of the ARMS DEALER where you will use 10 of these to make one Jou'un Soul which is used to make one Sange & Yasha. These can be found at The duel Sentinel & Duel in the Ruins both found on parum

Relic Edge 1.5-2mil

Reason this is so high is due to synth boost and psycho wands taking 10 of this item to make. These can be found on any difficulty at a Relics level or from a rare enemy SEED-Lab on any difficulty staff found at Bladed Legacy

Agito Edge 1.7-2mil

Reason this is so high is due to synth boost and agito repca taking 10 of this item to make. These can be found on any difficulty at a Hive level with creatures at least lv30 or from a rare enemy SEED-Lab on any difficulty staff found at Bladed Legacy

Blue_Beast
Dec 28, 2008, 11:55 PM
or you can pick up every single thing like i do and sell everything in your shop and get 40 to 70 mil every week like me ^_^ no matter what it is PICK IT UP + SELL WHATEVER IT IS FOR WHATEVER YOU CAN...

Syanaide
Dec 29, 2008, 02:34 AM
or you can pick up every single thing like i do and sell everything in your shop and get 40 to 70 mil every week like me ^_^ no matter what it is PICK IT UP + SELL WHATEVER IT IS FOR WHATEVER YOU CAN...

You won't make 40mil selling random stuff you pick up unless you play 24/7 and see at least one catilium hourly.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 29, 2008, 03:23 AM
Items that are currently "HOT" or indemand

Each item is worth something depending on several factors including supply, demand, anticipation, NPC buy rate, and limited time item. I'll explain each of these factors for you here and then give you some of the items that are currently hot

Supply

Well, everything in this game has a somewhat limited supply or amount of said item. Sure you can go and farm (hunt more of said item) but for the most part things are pretty limited with one exception. Things the NPC sell at their store. This included almost all of the synth materials ranging from 1-9* and 1-9* weapon and armor boards and healing items. The items the NPC sells can never run out and will always be for sale. Things that are for sale at the NPC have what I like to call a glass ceiling which is a maximum price that they can be sold for in your shop. Things like ebon have a max of 4000 since that is what the NPC sells them for. Most items gain their value from the rarity of said item not the actual stats

Demand

Pretty much this is coolness or newness of said items. Demand is effected by a number of things including for weapons and armors how good said item is. How many star * said item is. How unique said item is. And then also just how cool said item is. There is a basic marketing principle that applies with demand and that is as the price of something drops demand will increase and then eventually they will meet and you'll find a median price where supply and demand equals out. Demand on syntheses materials is determined by how many boards are in the game and how many of said material that board takes to make. Items like DIAD is worth quite a bit because you MUST use 30 of them to make 1 Psycho wand. Goldania is also quite expensive because you need 15 to make one weapon and it is used for 4 or more boards.

Anticipation

We have the joy of being able to look into the future of PSU by checking out what updates Japan receives and then use that information to make big bucks when the time comes. Being able to look into the future of PSU has a huge impact on the games economy here. People are able to stockpile said items that will be need for certain mission or will be used for new boards and make a killing when the new mission arrives (example Zon-photon and megi-photon for the next two event). It also acts as a resource for comparison on prices or expected prices on said items. Our economies are different sometimes but for the most part we reflect the Japanese economy. Items like S+10 are I believe 2 mil+ currently there and we are just now reaching the 1mil mark on these.

NPC buy rate

This gives you an absolute minimum value any item can be worth. The NPC will buy anything from you at a set price. They will never refuse to buy an item from you regardless if you have 10 or 10,000 of that item they will always take the item from you. Items that drop a lot and aren't in demand normally take a huge plunge in price and bottom out around the NPC buy back rate sometimes though you can make some money because players are selling items in their store at a lower rate than what the NPC would buy that item for. Example of Lumirus Line a 11* armor fire only sell to the npc for 120,000 now sometimes you can find that item in players shops for 90k 100k ect well you can take that item and sell it to the NPC for a 20-30k profit on each item. You should always familiarize yourself with NPC buy rates and how much the NPC sells an item so you don't over pay and don't undersell your items.

Limited time items

Certain items are one shot deals, and some are one time a year deal. Currently the Spread Needle G is an item you can no longer get. Hard HP restore is also an item you could only get during an event but now if you check the Japanese schedule you can aquire it again in shred the darkness event but it has been unavailable for over 1 year. Items that are limited are normally worth holding onto since you can't get them anymore once the event or time limited has expired prices on these items normally rise. Holiday items also fall into this category even room decoration and room tickets can be worth a lot of money if you can't purchase that item anymore from the NPC your forced to purchase it from a players shop or wait another year for the item to be released again. Last year I purchased several hundred Xmas Boxes for 5k within a few months I was able to sell those in my shops for 50-100k and then about 6 months later I was able to sell them for 300-500k since the supply of the item had evaporated. Christmas trees, Easter eggs, any room decoration that is only here for a short period of time value normally rises over time. But with these items you need to be careful you don't wait too long and then the items reappear in the NPC shop or the monster that drops them reappears. In the case of Christmas tree's make sure you sell them before Christmas next year else the price is going to tank again.

Okay now on to items that are currently extremely high in value

Olpad 70-80k
Copernia 70-80k
Grinder base S 130-140k

Reason being is 2 copernia or 2 olpad make one Grinder Base S at the parum juice stand so those 2 items are always roughly half the cost of a BASE S. Reason Base S is so high is due to the grind boost going on right now. These items are found on every mission

De Ragnus Dorso 600k-1mil

Reason this is so high is due to the anticipation of the ARMS DEALER where you will use 10 of these to make one Jou'un Soul which is used to make one Sange & Yasha. These can be found at The duel Sentinel & Duel in the Ruins both found on parum

Relic Edge 1.5-2mil

Reason this is so high is due to synth boost and psycho wands taking 10 of this item to make. These can be found on any difficulty at a Relics level or from a rare enemy SEED-Lab on any difficulty staff found at Bladed Legacy

Agito Edge 1.7-2mil

Reason this is so high is due to synth boost and agito repca taking 10 of this item to make. These can be found on any difficulty at a Hive level with creatures at least lv30 or from a rare enemy SEED-Lab on any difficulty staff found at Bladed Legacy

Just updating your list: (Currently)

Olpad:40-50k
Copernia:40-50k
Grinder Base S:100-110k

De Ragnus Dorso: 450-500k?

Relica Edge:2-2.2mill

Agito Edge:1.6-2 mil (about the same)

Blue_Beast
Dec 29, 2008, 10:48 AM
dont knock it til you try it freak and in all honesty i generally play 8 to 11 hours a day due to my broken legs YES i sad LEGS both of them lol i dont have much else to do

amtalx
Dec 29, 2008, 11:28 AM
dont knock it til you try it freak and in all honesty i generally play 8 to 11 hours a day due to my broken legs YES i sad LEGS both of them lol i dont have much else to do

Wow. D: Sorry to hear that.

Darius_Drake
Dec 30, 2008, 04:37 PM

Dang dude, hope you get better soon.

Immovable One
Jan 2, 2009, 06:49 PM
Dang! The money keeps coming!

Thanks for the guide^^

Smidge204
Jan 2, 2009, 07:46 PM
Just updating your list: (Currently)

Olpad:40-50k
Copernia:40-50k
Grinder Base S:100-110k

Strike while the iron is hot, I say. I took a gamble on the second day of the "compensation" bonuses and bought some Copernium at 70k each (plus what I had in stock), converted it to Grinder base S, and sold each one for 220k - which was the lower than the lowest price I could find in other player shops. Made about 8mil in two days.

Now, though, the price of Grinder Base S has dropped to the point that this is no longer a profitable proposition. Timing is everything!

=Smidge=
/Hope you've been giftwrapping stacks of Zon-photons. If the Lightning Carnival ever comes around those things are gonna be worth a small fortune.
//And if not? You can still liquidate them and turn a profit - assuming you didn't buy them like an idiot :D

WildArms2
Jan 7, 2009, 08:22 PM
yes timing is everything thanks for input havn't updated this in a while but will do now

WildArms2
Jan 7, 2009, 08:25 PM
Going Old school grinders

Grinders are in high demand currently because of the grind boost we have which pushes prices even higher than they normally are. Grinder Base C, B, A and the conversion boards can all be purchases from the NPC store on the 2nd floor of the colony ship. I believe its the synthesis shop. They can also be found any mission. Grinder Base S is a drop only item that cannot be bought from the NPC check out the pricing on these items

Base C 100
Base B 500
Base A 1000
Base S NFS (Not for sale) Player shops 90k-100k

See the huge jump in prices from A to S wondering why? Well, its simple Base A has that glass ceiling, a NPC price and base S cannot be bought from anyone other than another player. All the base S in the game must be farmed from missions in game.

The synthesis shop also sell the conversion boards to make grinders

[b] Grinder C 300meseta
[b] Grinder B 1k
[b] Grinder A 4k
[b] Grinder S 30k

Each conversion board can be used up to 5 times. Grinders +x can only be made from using these boards and can only be purchased from player shops. Thus the price on these items are determined by the players. S+10 prices are currently hovering around the 1mil mark whereas A+10 are around the 100k mark.

You can make pretty much free meseta off grinders if you have the time to synthesis a bunch of them and sell them in your shops. Even C and B grinders can be very profitable. This is how I started my empire by making C grinders and selling them back when prices were even lower than todays market. Last time I check C+10 was 50k I remember making a killing selling C+10 for 10k. Pretty much you make money off any +10 or +9 grinders, break even on the +7 and +8 and lose money on the +1-+6. Well, now you must be thinking that doesn't sound very good. Since making +9 and +10s are hard. In my efforts I found that if you make just 5+10 of a C/B/A grinder in 500 tries you will make money off this method. Just from the plus +10s alone. Key is to always make 5 grinders at a time thus when you get lucky and hit +10 you made 5 at once. The reason why you can make all your money back with just 5 +10s of any grinder is because of the demand for these items. The demand is so high and the supply is so limited that prices skyrocketed.

Regardless of how much money you have there is always a way to flip that money into more money. Start out small if you are skeptical make a new shop have nothing in it but grinders take enough meseta to make 500 grinders and use that money to make grinders put all the grinders up for sale at lowest current market price and in a few days probably even few hours your money will have grown. You initial investment should yield a decent size return.

Voison
Jan 8, 2009, 05:11 AM
Thanks for this Guide. :D

Im a level 25 and Its hard to find Partys with GBR Going On, So I did 1 Relic Run and first Spawn I got a Relic Edge. ^^

Lets Hope I Get Some More. :D

rayner
Jan 8, 2009, 10:13 AM
If you are just trying to get a quick million what I do is Bladed Legacy S2, on Moatoob / Cabo Base II lobby. There are 3 initial map-spawns. You want the one with the long-walkway. Turn right at the 1st intersection and you will fight 3 enemies. 3 Axe-weilders or 3 Double-casters... bring Fire Armor and defeat those 3 enemies and there will be 3 chances for Catilium behind that door... abandon and repeat. With 2* or 3* luck you will get an average of 4 Catilium in a 1/2 hour, which will sell for about 1 million. It's boring so I could only stomach a 1/2 hour max.

WildArms2
Jan 8, 2009, 08:59 PM
That's decent money for HIGH level this is to help everyone like above poster above you he is only level 25 and already richer than most people in this game.

Congrats on the find and keep hunting they aren't too rare and you will be a multi millioniar soon maybe even a billioniar!

Ryno
Jan 8, 2009, 09:50 PM
megi photons 3k ...... still expensive when you add it up

fortetoker
Jan 8, 2009, 10:03 PM
do not waste youre time with this 1.2 mill is a penny in this game i have given money out to randoms many times such as 1-4mill it is nothing buy and sell in shops once you get the hang of the game and get good friends that will help you out wasting youre time at sleeping warriors. I used to hunt for pwand boards their while evry1 was at white beast a while back and i saw like mby 10 drop in the 3-4months of running. wild arms you are smarter than that lol

EternusVentis
Jan 9, 2009, 12:17 AM
Another way that I found, which easily gives me at least 5 mill a week, is going through Military Subway C. There are always 3 Olpads every run-through. The only problem is the length. 5 blocks is a little much sometimes.

rayner
Jan 9, 2009, 09:45 AM
do not waste youre time with this 1.2 mill is a penny in this game i have given money out to randoms many times such as 1-4mill it is nothing buy and sell in shops once you get the hang of the game and get good friends that will help you out wasting youre time at sleeping warriors. I used to hunt for pwand boards their while evry1 was at white beast a while back and i saw like mby 10 drop in the 3-4months of running. wild arms you are smarter than that lol

I have been running Sleeping Warriors S2 alot lately, it's also not very difficult for a lower level player to run either for some great rewards and you don't even have to fight the Svaltus's at the end if you don't want to. In the mission you can find:

[B] Psycho Wand
[B] Stormline

Olpad
Diad
Nanopolymer
Catilium

If you fight the Svaltus's

Goldania
Svaltus Edge
Par Walna
[B] Svaltus Sword
[B] Huge Cutter

The Mission is great for leveling Lasers and line-techs. Enemies in S2 are lv 106... and the EXP isn't that bad... and if you find a [B] Psycho Wand that's 20 million right there... I've found 2 last month.

NOC G4ME v2
Jan 9, 2009, 10:15 AM
nice lesson wild.
sad to see people try to seem supirior when this was for the low levels and what-not.

jifears
Jan 10, 2009, 06:02 PM
edges dont pop up just like that either. I've done maybe 15 C runs and get nothing

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 12, 2009, 03:29 PM
Come to the fact to just play the level. Bcuz i rarely get stuff when im actually looking for it :P

WildArms2
Jan 13, 2009, 08:49 PM
Yes sometimes you will not find anything but that is like everything in game personal LUCK matters but in general farming relic edges is a very profitable business currently

landman
Jan 14, 2009, 01:53 PM
Don't forget "Beetle" in Sleeping Warriors... I think they only drop in C and B ranks

Ryno
Jan 14, 2009, 02:06 PM
yesterday I made 10 million in one day. selling Morbinia , Godania , Par Walna, Nanopolymer, boards , weapons, and also making meseta by spamming Seed express mission....lol

rayner
Jan 14, 2009, 02:18 PM
I find it easier to sell materials then actual items these days... I also forgot Relic Edge in Sleeping Warriors... I think they drop on all ranks. Find one of those and it's 1.5 million. I tend to keep my Nanopolymers because I use them on the Stormlines.

Tsavo
Jan 14, 2009, 02:55 PM
Just wanted to thank you for this guide. I recently transfered to the 360 servers from the PS2 and the idea of having to make back all my wealth was pretty daunting(had almost 2000 hours on there). With some of your suggestions however I've already made over 6 mill despite my strongest character only being level 50.

Immovable One
Jan 19, 2009, 09:13 PM
Looks like the price for Olpad dropped to 30k T_T

Are there any new profitable items after the recent update?

WildArms2
Jan 20, 2009, 01:03 AM
currently a lot of the items arn't selling anymore but soon there will be money makers. I think de ragan dorso is still a good money maker but relic edges are still selling for 1.3 mil

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 20, 2009, 10:41 PM
Copernia,olpad,Grinder Base S, will go up in time since there "maybe" another 10% grinding boost (due to lightning carnival)

I'm pretty sure agito repca will go down....well atleast the 20s n lower will. I'm not sure the Highest % you can get on a weapon dropped made.

WildArms2
Jan 21, 2009, 08:12 PM
mot walnais now expensive 300k or so desert terror and awokien serpants s2 and s are decent walna location.

catilium is going to increase as well
Bruce s and bladed legacy produce lots of that

proto1994
Jan 21, 2009, 10:02 PM
haha to get meseta i just buy peoples stuff like copernia and sell it for more...it makes an easy5k a peice

Cherrycoke
Jan 22, 2009, 03:34 PM
I think one of the best ways to make money is to do speed runs (i.e. skip mobs that aren't necessary to defeat in order to complete the mission). In general I would estimate that this reduces mission times by 1/4 to 1/3, meaning you are able to complete something like 1/4 to 1/3 more missions (not a mathemetician). This is particularly relevant if you are seeking high value drops from boss boxes, e.g. in missions like white beast. If people did speed runs more often, instead of receiving six serafi-senba, or two armas line they might receive eight and three.

It amazes me that people who are level 150/20 will insist on killing every mob on the map. I mean amazes in the same sense it amazes me how some people levelling tech classes neglect to use/level their buffs.

WildArms2
Jan 27, 2009, 05:25 PM
correct the best way to farm something from a boss or boss box is doing speed runs bypassing all monsters that don't have to be killed

Proto your jumping ahead havn't gotten to best money making strategy yet lol

Immovable One
Jan 27, 2009, 06:01 PM
So what sells a lot now?

The photons are no longer profitable to the point that they are better off as Gacha fillers.

170k>900meseta

The only other thing I could think off right now are getting those weapons that cost 20 Zonspheres which sell for up to 500k each.
Problem is, that method discourages Bonus Missions.
Unless you guys would recommened I save those equipments and sell them long AFTER the event is over.
Or should I just take advantage of the Bonus Missions so that I would level up enough to do S Runs?

What do you guys think?

EDIT: I'm currently lvl 74 by the way^^

rayner
Jan 28, 2009, 09:14 AM
So what sells a lot now?

The photons are no longer profitable to the point that they are better off as Gacha fillers.

170k>900meseta

The only other thing I could think off right now are getting those weapons that cost 20 Zonspheres which sell for up to 500k each.
Unless you guys would recommened I save those equipments and sell them long AFTER the event is over.
Or should I just take advantage of the Bonus Missions so that I would level up enough to do S Runs?

What do you guys think?

Right now... do Carnival S-rank with at least 2* luck, get the 1AB picture,, do Shock Staff, Shock Shot & Ice Blast, kill massive Polty, Defeat Dragon. Average Run... 25 minutes ( I'm I gimped Gunmaster ) I usually get:

2 - 3 -nia Gemstones
1 - 3 Deathmakers / Buccaneers - 50K each
1 - 3 Omega Acid - 25K each
1 - 2 Neu Walna - 200K each

It's 275K - 425K and if I get Goldania add another 200K, I stockpile Morbnia. Even truffles ( non-poison ) sell for 3K each... this mission is a meseta-gold-mine.

HiroChicken
Jan 28, 2009, 10:47 AM
Right now... do Carnival S-rank with at least 2* luck, get the 1AB picture,, do Shock Staff, Shock Shot & Ice Blast, kill massive Polty, Defeat Dragon. Average Run... 25 minutes ( I'm I gimped Gunmaster ) I usually get:

2 - 3 -nia Gemstones
1 - 3 Deathmakers / Buccaneers - 50K each
1 - 3 Omega Acid - 25K each
1 - 2 Neu Walna - 200K each

It's 275K - 425K and if I get Goldania add another 200K, I stockpile Morbnia. Even truffles ( non-poison ) sell for 3K each... this mission is a meseta-gold-mine.

Poor Poison Truffle. It wants to be useful, but it can't. :( And with Virus Traps around, Poison Traps are inferior, so no need for synthing them.

rayner
Jan 28, 2009, 11:04 AM
Poor Poison Truffle. It wants to be useful, but it can't. :( And with Virus Traps around, Poison Traps are inferior, so no need for synthing them.

If they add Poison Truffle to make Bio Panic it would be useful... and some Berries sell for 2 - 3K Love / Bitter

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 28, 2009, 01:08 PM

wait....what r the berries used for? o.o

It amazes me that people who are level 150/20 will insist on killing every mob on the map. I mean amazes in the same sense it amazes me how some people levelling tech classes neglect to use/level their buffs.

Eh i was already 150/20 before lightning carnival i just stayed on her to help my group members but then i grew tired so now im on my lower :P

rayner
Jan 28, 2009, 02:50 PM

I'm not sure, I think they are used in the Trade Mission. Cold / Hot Berries are worthless...

HiroChicken
Jan 28, 2009, 05:56 PM

Berries can be traded in The Collector for BR Burning Poster, but only Love, Hustle, Bitter, and Stamina. You could then trade that and a Protein Can (you need 10 Koltova Gras and 10 Koltova Milk) for a Garment Aura.

Hot and Cold are fairly useless unless you synth some of the various Fire or Ice traps.

WildArms2
Jan 29, 2009, 09:40 PM
So what sells a lot now?

170k>900meseta

What do you guys think?

neu walna is picking up steam now might want to farm some on dancing dirds s and alos try to pick up a har quick which will net you about 6 million last i checked

mot walna will be sky high soon if you are thinking ahead mot walna should rise to about 500k in 2 weeks

also looking further ahead the big big money makers will be all the good prizes from stage 11 of the bonus mission of de rol lie
[b] mugunbuga i see selling for 75mil
[b] ank buti i see selling for 55mil
[b]rabol buti i see seeling for 10mil
yasha see selling for 50mil

these ofrouse will be hard to get and with only one week to aquire them you probably should save your tickets til the last week and try and spam stage 11 if you can make it there. Stage 11 on both will be released on the last week of the event

WildArms2
Jan 29, 2009, 09:51 PM
oh forgot to mention catilium is a great money make too nearing the 300k mark already and should level off around the 500k mark in about 2 weeks

stukasa
Jan 30, 2009, 12:36 AM
oh forgot to mention catilium is a great money make too nearing the 300k mark already and should level off around the 500k mark in about 2 weeks
I don't know if anyone mentioned it already but Bladed Legacy is a good place to find Catilium. I've seen six drop in a single run before!

rayner
Jan 30, 2009, 08:24 AM
I don't know if anyone mentioned it already but Bladed Legacy is a good place to find Catilium. I've seen six drop in a single run before!

Bladed Legacy S2 is such an easy place to farm Catilium... basically start with the Long Hallway, if you get either of the room-maps, abandon mission. Once you get the right map take the right path, you will fight 3 Axe Weilders, or 3 Double-casters... and then have 3 chances for Catilium behind that door. With 2* or 3* luck you can easily get 4 - 6 Catilium per 1/2 hour... I once got 6 Catilium in 15 mins :-)

DarkEliteRico
Jan 31, 2009, 08:47 PM
Must admit I was hunting for another har / quick the other night, took my friend 3 runs to get one after I left for dinner. Farming them on A-S is easy work considering you can skip about 2/3's of the mission

Ryno
Jan 31, 2009, 10:12 PM
today I made at least 8 mil in one day by
selling
Grinder base S x 15 - sold it for 80k
Olpad x 7sold it for 33k
Copernia x 5 sold it for 34k
[B] Bil De axe sold it for 1.6 mil
Relic Edge x 3 sold it for 1.5 mil

From Carnival Event besides [B]bil de axe (just decided to sell it ...lol )

WildArms2
Feb 4, 2009, 08:52 PM
Must admit I was hunting for another har / quick the other night, took my friend 3 runs to get one after I left for dinner. Farming them on A-S is easy work considering you can skip about 2/3's of the mission

congrast ya the best missions to run now are money wise

Dancing birds
Bladed legacy

Tita
Dec 3, 2010, 10:12 PM
Can we pick this old thread up and update it? I see a lot of mats aren't selling in the millions like they did just a year ago.

I'm still fairly new to the 360 economy, so any help from multiple sources would be great!

I'm sure a lot of us are Ban-photon farming ;)

Tart
Dec 5, 2010, 06:07 PM
was a good idea yet no way this will help now items change price like i change my char's clothes lol a good tip to getting rich quick is to meet and play with a good group go out and find these great thing for yourselves

also hit me up char's

Tart beast FM
Lil Tart Newman MF

Will not be on anything else during event so look me up on 5 th floor

Chunky McMunky
Dec 5, 2010, 09:41 PM
for some reason unknown to anyone there is an item that is insanely easy to get that is worth 1.4 mill in the player shops at the moment... ex device gh490 :-?

yeah i dont get it either but im farming it right now

im getting everything i need for it every 4 runs of illuminus ambition c (only first part)
im not too sure if theyll sell too well yet but we'll see

rayner
Dec 6, 2010, 02:11 PM
What I've been doing lately is investing in cheap items now and then selling them later for a ridiculous profit. With Absolute Zero you can bet that Mot Walna will be ~ 10K each or lower before this event is over. Then it's White Beast Express again... in 3 months it will be at 50K again.

In general for new players I always suggest Innocent Girl A... with luck you will get 2 Nanopolymers per run @ 50K each. Copernia & Olpad to trade in for Grinder Base S or real lucky and get Morbinia. In the Hive you can get a [B] Agito Repca... I did :) and sold it for 45 million, Agito Edge, and a total of 10 Weapon Badges. Pushan was selling for 7 Million or so lately. The meseta drops are good and the mission is really quick. Some other boards:

[B] Battlestopper
[B] Shigga Pikuda
[B] Gur Bazaga

Tita
Dec 6, 2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks! Hope this is helping others too!
I'm stll relatively an xbox community noob. Looks like most of the ps2 folks when to PSP2 :(

Yeah i've been noticing those unpredictable fluctuating item prices. I decided i'll just price check on a weekly basis.

During the AbZero (Zero Abs! afjsdj), I'll be hunting freeze/resists and [B] koltova guns in Awoken Serpent C. If anyone would like to join me on speed runs (decent MP and EXP for low levels too!) in between running the event, drop me a line when you spot me running around like a dork (or visit my shop). I'm also happy to help others on their hunts as well.

CLOBBERSAURUS F beast PT

BIG OLAF
Feb 1, 2011, 02:14 PM
^This isn't RuneScape, pal. Try again. Oh, wait. Spam account.

Anyway, I always though the guide to getting rich in PSU was:

1. Run a mission.
2. Get lucky (that's the tricky part) and find an expensive drop in a completely random fashion.
3. Sell said drop.
4. Repeat steps 1-3.

Guess I was wrong, though.

Zaneshift
Mar 21, 2011, 04:31 AM
I might have found a way to make nearly 20 million meseta with no luck involved... but it takes one heck of a long time. Innocent Girl (any rank) with the weapon badges is a guaranteed (if slow) way to get a Pushan, which seem to be selling for insanely high prices now. Typically I see 11-12 or so weapon badges in a run, so for approximately 3-4 gold badges for each run... it'd take 30 or so runs to afford a Pushan? Considering that can't really be speed run means it's quite boring... but since I use the mission to farm Olpads and such anyways I figured it couldn't hurt to try.

Now to wait and see what I got wrong, because I'm sure there's something... ^^;

_Snoopy_
Mar 24, 2011, 06:16 PM
if your a beginner you should sell copernia and olpad for 20k each.

Pwincess
Apr 29, 2011, 02:01 PM
I make on average 9 mil - 24 mil a day. :) I buy alot to sell though..
I think in a weeks time I make on average 20 mil take home (That's inbetween buying items, gifting newbs, buying iggs @ 16 right before they hit 3 mil >.< I thought it was a good idea...)

Pwincess
Apr 29, 2011, 02:02 PM
Oh and another thing ya'll can do it look for Dogma drops. I know I usually buy @ 500k anytime I see one! :)

dias_flac_0g
Apr 30, 2011, 12:06 AM
Why you always looking poor though pwincess?

If you're making 25mill a day I would expect nothing but 50% weps on your char lol. But I never see any of this least the short times that ive seen ya xD

I'm not making fun or anything i'm just curious.

On topic though, you can make a lot of money fast if you get rare missions. I think I made about 120mill just by selling all of my rare missions during the ice event. Sell em for 1.5mill and bam! 7.5 in your pocket.

I wasn't so lucky during this new event though...I've only gotten ONE rare mission during thsi whole event...

Pwincess
Apr 30, 2011, 03:01 PM
I said 20 mil take home(in a weeks time).. LOL And yeah...Since I only run solo missions, do you think i'd go out and get uh-mazin weapons? xD
Also, mind you I don't play eveeeeeeeeeery day, but yeah - re-stocking my shop I always sell out :)

AND, let's get this right.. by not have %50 weps you look poor?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Sorry if I love snowy claws :) Can you find me a 50% so I can buy it? :)

[and if you read, I said I buy alot to sell... I'm always out to make a profit, even if it's 100k]

dias_flac_0g
May 1, 2011, 04:34 AM
Lol got it :)

Well you dont have to have all 50% weps, it's just your overall char, under lvled, weak weapons weak pa's etc etc. I have a set of 50% bearclaws but those are mine ^_^

Again, i'm not making fun or anything just something I noticed. So dont take it the wrong way.

Ya, I only play during events. Most of the time that i'm on i'm just afk. I will say one thing though, I have two chars only and two open slots (weird I know who doesnt have all 4 slots taken up? lol) they are both 180, but the thing is when I do play I get on to play not to mess around so that's why I have all the stuff I have. Also i've been on psu since launch if that helps :)

20mill is still a nice amount per week. I only make real money during events aswell. However like I said I dont mess around and i always end up making alot of it during these times so that's my trick to getting "rich" in a way.

Pwincess
May 2, 2011, 10:23 AM
Heh. Well seeing you think i'm underleveled obviously I haven't even played any.. ANY missions in the past 7 months other than B rank solo missions that are required for my farming. :p and I do get on to socalize more than anything else.
Think about this: I work one day a week doing solo missions. Beyond that, I search shops for good prices. It obviously works for me ^^

Midori Oku
May 2, 2011, 10:41 AM
With this event you can easily make 20-30mil a day if not more.

Pwincess
May 2, 2011, 10:48 AM
I believe it !! I Just don't run missions xD I've been level 137 for.. ever!!
Mwhahahahahahhahaha

But it's true. BETTER YET hold alot of the items that'll go back in price and make an amazing profit. I'm still thinking igg crowns will rebound. Maybe.. in a year :)