PDA

View Full Version : Go ahead and Quit.

xBladeM6x
Dec 25, 2008, 06:13 PM
Note: I'm not saying I'm quitting, or that any others should quit PSU. But I am fuckin' tired of people making a big deal out of them quitting.

Like they must make the reason they are quitting so degrading and depressing. Seriously, If you are going to quit, stop coming to the forums and trolling, and stop thinking people care why you are quitting. Unless you were an asset to the community, no one cares.

No, I do not care about how "Leet" your palette was, and no, I really don't care if you think that PSU is a waste of a social life. Oh and the classic argument of, "Oh, PSU is why you don't have friends and a girlfriend, In real life." First of all, GIRLFRIENDS ARE NOT EVERYTHING, SO STFU YOU PRICK.

Second of all, what if someone has a girlfriend and friends in real life, and they play PSU daily? (Like Myself) Hm? Then you just made yourself look like a dumbass. If you are really going to use that argument, then your really just looking for a way to bitch because you are an attention whore.

So please, if you are going to quit, Please, do it without trying to bring everyone else down with you. That's what we have emo kids for.

Sorry to whoever reads this and feels offended, but I'm sorry, I just am starting to get fed up with the idiotcy that some past/present PSU players have. I would like to get some feedback on this, and see if you guys feel the same way. Oh, and sorry for the HUEG LETTARS, I just felt the need to stress some of these points. Afterall, this is the rant section. ;D

Fang_Uchiha
Dec 25, 2008, 06:39 PM
I understand how i Feel there people at my school who like that...

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Dec 25, 2008, 06:58 PM
THANK YOU.
Seriously. If you're gonna quit, because you hate PSU, then shut up, and leave quietly. (Unless you have friends, let them know at least so they don't think you're dead or something >_>)

The whole "LOL U PLAY PSU SO U HV NO LIFE" thing. Oi. I can't stand people like that. Seriously. If you have a so called "Life" Why the hell are you playing PSU, or any game in the first place? You're supposed to have a life. Go out and "do something".

Rants. XP
Gotta love em.

xBladeM6x
Dec 25, 2008, 07:32 PM
Thank you, to you two who support this. Unfortunately there is bound to be a bad apple somewhere later in this topic... -.-

Ranmaru
Dec 25, 2008, 08:17 PM
Not it. ;p Its too bad people can be immature like that. Although using this
GIRLFRIENDS ARE NOT EVERYTHING, SO STFU YOU PRICK. as a reply then makes one feel empty after saying it. ^^;

Although, if someone says something like that for playing PSU or PSO or any MMO, I'd ignore them. Besides, most friends I have play videogames, although only a few play PSU/PSO.

Seority
Dec 25, 2008, 10:32 PM
Fight on brother wooo!!!

But it is actually sad when you are friends with the person and they quit.

I do agree, however, when people go on here and state, "I'm quiting this game sucks boo hoo miss me ='( " does get irritating.

DreXxiN
Dec 25, 2008, 11:42 PM
The simple solution is quite obviously "Gib Rarz"

Broodstar1337
Dec 26, 2008, 02:49 AM
It's one of those "I found a way out and so can you". Quite frankly, it's kind of depressing that people are still so attached to PSU even after everything that has happened and failed to happen in this game. It's like why tolerate it?

lainofthewired
Dec 26, 2008, 03:06 AM
Because it's still a cool game. On another note I hate when they come back and are all in your face about it.

xBladeM6x
Dec 26, 2008, 04:30 AM
It's one of those "I found a way out and so can you". Quite frankly, it's kind of depressing that people are still so attached to PSU even after everything that has happened and failed to happen in this game. It's like why tolerate it?
It's because when you look past all the screw up's, the game is still to this day very enjoyable. I can understand being upset about the quality of the service, but when it all comes down to it, this game is one of the better games out there. It's just a shame that it wasn't properly advertised. I've been playing continuously for about 1 1/2 years and another 6 months because of demo play. So all in all I have played for about 2 years. and I still find it extremely entertaining and rewarding to sign on everyday. ^^;

Anyways, thank you to all who agree with what I am saying. I guess I just can't stand the tired, worn out quitting arguments that people try to make plausible. Plus, It makes things depressing to see people go, and to see them hating on the game on the forum about the game. The irony and stupidity in that just makes me go: :disapprove:

Hey, at least for every person that quits, there is usually a replacement! :-? (I've been seeing the population ID#'s as high as 30097500 :-o)

darkante
Dec 26, 2008, 07:19 AM
Yeah, i despise quitters acting like they are "cooler" because they must have a huge attention mountain before climbing down.
Then they have the nerve to say people have no life while still at it, i mean seriously...
Why the fack did the even try the game in the first place?

Itīs not a job or anything.
Itīs a hobby and equally unessasary as other hobbies.

UnderscoreX
Dec 26, 2008, 08:14 AM
But then how will they get all their self esteem boosting "No, don't quit!" messages?!

Kizeragi
Dec 26, 2008, 08:22 AM
Totally agree with OP.

And not many realised I left the game anyway lol.

W0LB0T
Dec 26, 2008, 12:04 PM
I don't find these people annoying anymore. its kinda funny to me (in a twisted sort of way). most likley they don't even quit, or if they have, they'll be back next update. but if not, good ridance!

All they are doing is making a scene. just leave them alone and they will bugga off some joint and have a good cut and cry.

blacksinow
Dec 30, 2008, 03:10 PM
If I quit something I often don't desire to tell other people that I'm quitting. Why should I spend my hard earned time lecturing and ranting to others, trying to convince them that my way is better? No, the best way is just to stay or quit, and that's all. If somebody is leaving, then let them. It's obvious you can't change their mind by nagging them, infact it only makes things worse.

Kylie
Dec 31, 2008, 01:09 PM
I don't think people should leave PSO-World because they don't play PSU as a lot of great members here can't stand PSU, but I know what you're saying. "It's fine if you stay, but keep all the e-drama and hurt feelings to yourself." <--- Something like that? Yeah, I agree. I guess they just want attention because they feel like their not apart of the community anymore or something, or maybe they just don't care. They need to let it go though.

xBladeM6x
Dec 31, 2008, 06:28 PM
I don't think people should leave PSO-World because they don't play PSU as a lot of great members here can't stand PSU, but I know what you're saying. "It's fine if you stay, but keep all the e-drama and hurt feelings to yourself." <--- Something like that? Yeah, I agree. I guess they just want attention because they feel like their not apart of the community anymore or something, or maybe they just don't care. They need to let it go though.
This.

gorefiend
Jan 1, 2009, 05:41 PM
OMG BLADE DONT MAKE A LARGE THING ABOUT YOU LEAVING, WE DONT CARE LOL STFU GTFO =D

But im am sick of it, Its so annoying oh gais! im leaving

oh rally?

mhm

OMG THIS IS UNBERLIBALZZZZZ ZOMG WE NEED TO ASK 1000 QUESTIONS WHY?

SStrikerR
Jan 1, 2009, 06:34 PM
And we don't need thread just because you're coming back either. >_> *Looks at PSU gen's newest topic*

Vanzazikon
Jan 2, 2009, 07:35 AM
Isn't that what the lounge is for?

Cracka_J
Jan 2, 2009, 10:00 AM
lol, I think it's just as funny when people get irritated or bothered by quitting topics.
Seriously, if all you're down for is just enjoying/having fun with the game, what difference does it make if people are quitting, posting on boards about it, writing essays that will never be read by segac, basing thesis papers off their psu careers.
You're still having fun, right? What does it matter?

It's a message board, people use it as a method of venting. Deal. As long as stuff is going into the right forums, I couldn't care less. The only thing I'll agree on is that all that quitting stuff needs to go in lounge/rants, etc. Besides that, I really don't care.

You're using a message board to complain about how people are going about quitting, right? Aren't the quitters using a board to complain about how a game is going about being managed? Please enlighten me on how one complaint is more valid then the other. Then I can laugh at the paragraphs of response to the pointless question of "who has the right to post on a message board" when I can answer it for you here in one word: everyone.

xBladeM6x
Jan 2, 2009, 11:42 AM
lol, I think it's just as funny when people get irritated or bothered by quitting topics.
Seriously, if all you're down for is just enjoying/having fun with the game, what difference does it make if people are quitting, posting on boards about it, writing essays that will never be read by segac, basing thesis papers off their psu careers.
You're still having fun, right? What does it matter?

It's a message board, people use it as a method of venting. Deal. As long as stuff is going into the right forums, I couldn't care less. The only thing I'll agree on is that all that quitting stuff needs to go in lounge/rants, etc. Besides that, I really don't care.

You're using a message board to complain about how people are going about quitting, right? Aren't the quitters using a board to complain about how a game is going about being managed? Please enlighten me on how one complaint is more valid then the other. Then I can laugh at the paragraphs of response to the pointless question of "who has the right to post on a message board" when I can answer it for you here in one word: everyone.
I think you missed the main point o fthis. People who quit are fine. It's when they say that they are quitting because they "Actually have a life LOLOLOL< Al yoou PSU players r totally lozers LAWLALWALLLALL" That's what I don't think is acceptable either way.

Cracka_J
Jan 2, 2009, 01:08 PM
I think you missed the main point o fthis. People who quit are fine. It's when they say that they are quitting because they "Actually have a life LOLOLOL< Al yoou PSU players r totally lozers LAWLALWALLLALL" That's what I don't think is acceptable either way.

Well I agree with that. It's pretty hypocritical to do something, then once you quit, call everyone you used to play with losers for not having "lives".

However, I don't think I've ever seen a post like that here, so I'm not quite sure what you're upset about then, lol. Most of the quitting posts I've seen have just dealt with people upset with Sega, the management, and how the game is handled. I've yet to see players call out other players when they quit, unless it was over item disputes or whatever...that's why I assumed this whole thread was about people who quit and make a show over it. Which, I feel, they're entitled to do as much as anyone else.

xBladeM6x
Jan 2, 2009, 01:50 PM
Well I agree with that. It's pretty hypocritical to do something, then once you quit, call everyone you used to play with losers for not having "lives".

However, I don't think I've ever seen a post like that here, so I'm not quite sure what you're upset about then, lol. Most of the quitting posts I've seen have just dealt with people upset with Sega, the management, and how the game is handled. I've yet to see players call out other players when they quit, unless it was over item disputes or whatever...that's why I assumed this whole thread was about people who quit and make a show over it. Which, I feel, they're entitled to do as much as anyone else.
That's the thing though, it's not this community. It's the "Official Forums" community. If they had a rant section, It would have gone there. -.- This community is fine about 99% of the time.

It was just something I saw on that site like 7 times in 4 days. So It kinda aggravated me. :-P

Cracka_J
Jan 2, 2009, 02:32 PM
It's the "Official Forums" community.

NOW we get to the real problem :)

By default, you set your self up for disaster by clicking on those boards.
I thought that was common knowledge?

xBladeM6x
Jan 2, 2009, 04:51 PM

It is common knowledge. Unfortunately... Somehow it doesn't stop me from going there.

Save me. T-T

xD

SStrikerR
Jan 3, 2009, 01:46 PM
I could save you, but there's a 75% chance you'll end up like this instead: [spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=75&pictureid=364[/spoiler-box]

Ranmaru
Jan 3, 2009, 02:45 PM
Once you go black, you can't go back. Oh wait...

ashley50
Jan 3, 2009, 05:42 PM
People who play this thinks they are an "asset" on the game so they make a BIG DEAL when they plan to quit. So they can feel "important" for a few hours or days...etc.

lainofthewired
Jan 7, 2009, 02:17 AM
That is sadly true.

Mystil
Jan 7, 2009, 02:37 PM
I've stopped publicly announcing I was quitting anything years ago.

It just pisses people off.

Vanzazikon
Jan 14, 2009, 12:30 PM
I remember one person in PSO said he wanted to quit because he couldn't find any presents or a Heaven Punisher. He kept telling, "I gonna quit. I never find no presents or HP. You always find good presents and weapons, you're lucky Im not >.<" Then I said, "Why are you telling me this, I don't really care what you do. >_> If you're gonna quit because you can't find any presents or can't find an extremely rare weapon, then what's the point of ever reaching level 125? Did you not play because you enjoyed PSO? And besides, drop rates are based on percentages therefore everybody has a chance of getting them. Just keep trying and It'll turn up."

One reason many people still play PSO is because they love the game. This guy was clearly here for the rares. It's a good amount of people for a community and this guy made himself look pathetic. Seriously, this guy was a drama queen, he told 20 more of his friends he's gonna quit and gave them the same reason. He acts like we cared about him. We could've said STFU we dont care but he's only 11 years old and was talking to people 18 years old or older. What a kid...

Gunslinger-08
Jan 14, 2009, 04:17 PM

:lol: That made my day.

Anything else I could contribute has already been said.