PDA

View Full Version : Wartech vs. Acrotech

Zeal
Dec 29, 2008, 04:13 PM
I really can't make up my mind. I'm a kind of guy who likes playing someone with good melee, but can use spells. I'm not looking for a superiority, more like a well-balanced type. Acrotech can use some awesome weapons, but only has Lv. 20 Skills, while Wartech has more choice in weapons and has Lv. 30 Skills, but can't use some really good S rank weapons that I like. (BTW, I like Sabers, Daggers, Madoogs, and Whips.) I can't decide...I need some help deciding, more pros and cons, and/or facts about the classes. Please and thanks.

Yuudai_Riisu
Dec 29, 2008, 04:15 PM
well acrotechers have a spell speed boost

IsoDonk
Dec 29, 2008, 04:21 PM
Wartecher melee is under-rated - you're not going to outdamage anybody but you're versatile, and I found it a great class to play.

Acrotecher melee is... lacking slightly. My Female Newman (ah, another problem) is an Acrotecher and while I can dish out the damage with a set of 46% Whips, 46% Daggers, an Armas Line and a Lumirus/Kaos Knight, it's still not a patch on a proper attacking class (and a pretty expensive setup too).

S-rank whips seem to be not really worth it - The Vish Adan and Feara are nice but that's only Dark and Light; the Vish Adac is no better than an A-rank whip.

Simple option - give both a go, but be aware that Acrotecher is primarily support with the option of bashing things around once in a while.

Zeal
Dec 29, 2008, 04:30 PM
Yeah. S-rank Madoogs don't really affect much in spell casting, do they? Hum...And, being Wartech does offer higher damage, somewhat better defense, and more weapons. I think I'll go back to being a Wartech. Thanks Iso. You've really opened my eyes.

Pillan
Dec 29, 2008, 04:31 PM
Acrotecher pluses:

- Higher support means the party will be better off with one on the team
- S rank sabers, whips (more SE variety), cards, and madoogs
- Twin handgun access
- About the same damage/time as Wartecher with 1 hand melee (less damage/hit though)
- Faster melee and tech attacks, making slower moves like Vivi Danga easier to pull off
- More TP plus faster tech speed equals significantly more tech damage that can rival melee early on as human or Newman
- More EVP and MST for tech resistance

Wartecher pluses:

- Better melee options
- 30 skills means they can make use of twin daggers, unlike Acrotecher
- S rank twin daggers, knuckles, and twin claws
- Bow access (for longer range)
- Deal more melee damage with 1 hand weapons than Acrotecher if someone with higher support is in the team
- More damage with cards and handguns, though less accuracy
- More HP and DFP for physical damage resistance

Hiero_Glyph
Dec 29, 2008, 04:35 PM
Wartecher melee is under-rated - you're not going to outdamage anybody but you're versatile, and I found it a great class to play.

Acrotecher melee is... lacking slightly. My Female Newman (ah, another problem) is an Acrotecher and while I can dish out the damage with a set of 46% Whips, 46% Daggers, an Armas Line and a Lumirus/Kaos Knight, it's still not a patch on a proper attacking class (and a pretty expensive setup too).

S-rank whips seem to be not really worth it - The Vish Adan and Feara are nice but that's only Dark and Light; the Vish Adac is no better than an A-rank whip.

Simple option - give both a go, but be aware that Acrotecher is primarily support with the option of bashing things around once in a while.

The Vish Adac has a stun status effect making it much better than any other S- or A-rank whip.

autumn
Dec 29, 2008, 04:35 PM
Keep in mind atm most people will be happy to see you in a team no matter what type you go with because you'll be better then level 10 support :lol:

Zeal
Dec 29, 2008, 04:40 PM
lol That is true. Though, my buffs aren't much higher than lvl. 10. XP

Kylie
Dec 29, 2008, 04:47 PM
As a beast, I find WT a lot more sturdier for me because I rely on melee damage more than I do TECHNIC damage, and the LV30 support is good enough (especially right now as autumn pointed out). But if I was a newman and relied on TECHNIC damage more, I'd go with AT because of the TP difference. A human could go either way.

Zeal
Dec 29, 2008, 04:52 PM
Man, if there was a cross between the two, I'd be happy. XD But, I'll get what's there. Who knows, I might switch back and forth from time to time, just for the hell of things. It's always interesting to try something new. :3

Seority
Dec 29, 2008, 04:58 PM
AT - support
WT - damager and support (good solo class)

IsoDonk
Dec 29, 2008, 05:41 PM
The Vish Adac has a stun status effect making it much better than any other S- or A-rank whip.

I've never found it to proc a lot to be honest. Still don't see what all the fuss is about but each to their own :)

ashley50
Dec 29, 2008, 07:06 PM
go AT if you like being support and buff those master Classes and Dubuff enemies. Let THEM do the Job fo you and Sit back :)

Zeal
Dec 29, 2008, 09:22 PM
I don't mind getting my hands dirty when it comes to fighting. XP BTW, this may be off-topic, but is there anyway to delete learnt PAs? It may sound strange, but I want to get some more.

Noblewine
Dec 29, 2008, 10:01 PM
I don't mind getting my hands dirty when it comes to fighting. XP BTW, this may be off-topic, but is there anyway to delete learnt PAs? It may sound strange, but I want to get some more.

To delete/remove select in in your skill menu.

_K1_
Dec 30, 2008, 12:03 AM
I don't mind getting my hands dirty when it comes to fighting. XP BTW, this may be off-topic, but is there anyway to delete learnt PAs? It may sound strange, but I want to get some more. You can return them to discs. Just select them in the PA menu.

As for WT vs AT: if you're an AT, people will expect you to have buffs at 41+, as well as Giresta 41+. AT is a support class; sure it has decent tech and melee capabilities, but if you play AT, people will expect you to buff and heal them. If this doesn't appeal to you, don't play AT. WT is a fun class with a good mix of melee and attack techs, who can use support techs to a good degree. If you play WT, I really reccomend joining a buff party until you get your buffs and giresta to 21+. That's good enough in the absence of other techers, and people will think of your buffs and heals as something extra in addition to your damage. WT has a high HP % mod... you can take hits and heal yourself, so don't be afraid to do so.

Magus_84
Dec 30, 2008, 01:50 AM

I'd throw in a vote for an Ice element Vish Kuseb as being situationally better against Fire enemies...but that limits you to one element. Vish Adac lets you make them in any elemental flavor you want. Meaning AT would have a lot more versatility in useful whip choice. Of course, A-ranks are much more affordable in high percentages.

And I seem to be in the minority, preferring Freeze to Stun. Doesn't last as long, but immediately stops incoming attacks. Or maybe I just like blue. I dunno. And if we ever get Vish Diragac, a whip with SE2 Incapacitate would be great for the lulz. Of course, that one's S-Rank too, so AT-only.

As for how often they proc...spamming Just Counters on the first part of Vivi Danga tends to spread the SEs pretty well, whichever you're using. Meshes well with Zoldeel and AT's astoundingly high EVP mod.

DreXxiN
Dec 30, 2008, 02:13 AM
Agreed with Magus there, and with AT it'll proc more often as well with faster attacks. I find the stuns to proc pretty decently as well.

What can be said is that Wartecher has access to Majarra, which is (sadly) a huge advantage in its own. Acrotecher however, even if it tends to be more time consuming and expensive , can do just fine with melee and the party would (should) appreciate the support a lot.

If you want to take the whole "paladin-like" route though, take Wartecher, because you can tank (if the engine allowed it, lol), heal yourself, and still get in the brawl.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 30, 2008, 05:19 PM
WT is better for small parties (solo to 3 players or so).
AT is better for large parties (4+) but is pretty poor at soloing.

I however, find Wartecher painful to play, whereas AT is a lot of fun.
Your mileage may vary.

Tsavo
Dec 30, 2008, 07:42 PM
I have a good deal of experience playing Beast on both. In the end AT is more useful and can deal decent enough melee if you equip right. I used to run HPC and had an array of high % whips and daggers. WT in comparison feels awkward, with slow, underwhelming techs, weak melee and a weapon selection that not even Sonic Team seemed capable of agreeing on. I find this kind of sad because I thought a survivable, paladin type class would have been really cool. If you want to use majarra and not have to worry about mates then maybe WT is the class for you. Otherwise I've found that AT is the better choice, for me at least.