PDA

View Full Version : I thought I had left this behind...

Mike
Dec 30, 2008, 08:56 AM
But nope, it's the same old Humar stuff :) I was trying to connect to wifi at a relative's house (and no matter how much I fiddle with the router, I can't get it to work with my DS properly) finally got a free game going with a humar two levels below me going in the plant. We were going pretty quickly, blew threw the first area really quickly and even managed to get a total of four rares (2 hit mats, 2 Sonic Lasers) but I notice he's not healing. I don't have any stars on me so I can't do anything for him but he manages to resta a few times. Eventually, he goes down and I raise him with a moon. He says thanks and then proceeds to log out.

I thought I had left the spector of non-healing, non-mate-carrying humars behind when PSO finished but nope. Very nostaligic :D Now back to mag raising!

deso123
Dec 30, 2008, 09:27 AM
i cant handle being a cast. when i used to try to be one in psobb id always get annoyed by trying to leech resta from people or not being able to heal others around me easily. then you cant even buff unless you got one of those crappy special weapons that buff. then running out of supplies and eating all the mag food up yourself because you need it... its total crap. i cant stand it.

Aqualic-EX
Dec 30, 2008, 09:33 AM
It all depends on the person. I am a born Cast myself (hunter, ranger, all the same =P), and couldn't handle anything else for Pete's sake... Being immune to various status effects, seeing traps without some stupid one-time-use-only item, and HP recovery built in = <3 for me.

Sure, in team play Casts aren't as useful for healing others as other classes, but I also don't think Casts were designed to do that in the first place. and otherwise there's a shortcut for star atomizers at your disposal if you REALLY feel like doing it. :3

darkante
Dec 30, 2008, 09:56 AM
Cast is a challenge class from what i feel.
And that is just what i like about them. =)
Not too mention, i love their appearance for some reason.
Robot lover maybe? Lawl. XD

Moniker
Dec 30, 2008, 11:54 AM
I can't say I've ever had a problem with casts. HUcast in particular - you often don't need to heal with all the HP you have. I seem to do just fine.

deso123
Dec 30, 2008, 12:46 PM
fleshies have everything you need while the casts have novelty items to serve the fleshies. You clean up traps on the field which are nothing more than flies on the wall. You can tell everyone to stand back while you blast them or lol when you see a fleshy hit one but deep down inside you'll cry when you have to go refill or need something from one of them or are basically useless to everyone else but yourself. You're the last ones to setup a pipe for a new player and you're the first ones to make up excuses for your fail as you can see in this thread. Full of excuses for your fail because you have to keep lying to play as one simply because you think they look cool which is he real reason why you picked them not because their traps were useful but because they look cool.

Nowhere
Dec 30, 2008, 01:19 PM
~sigh~

deso123
Dec 30, 2008, 01:22 PM
casts did 9/11

Akaimizu
Dec 30, 2008, 04:41 PM
Well, they do indeed have the trap advantage. And traps are good stuff. Of course, they're good stuff anyway. I mean, if you know what you're doing, you can use the non-player-set traps against the monsters, too. However, doing so is nowhere near convenient or with the choices you get with a cast. You gotta lure mobs close, trigger the trap and get out of the way in a manner that the monsters are still caught in the blast. (like a dodge roll)