PDA

View Full Version : Anyone not received their playasia preorder yet?

BioWarrior
Dec 31, 2008, 11:21 AM
Has anyone who preordered the game through playasia not gotten their copy yet from the batch that shipped out on the 19th? I didn't pay the extra $20 for ups shipping like some but usually playasia stuff gets delivered here in 7-8 days on the slowest shipping. Main reason I asked is I recently had some stuff vandilized and stolen outside my house this week and my mail gets delivered early morning so I'm hoping someone else is late getting it to and that it's not stolen.

Ultie
Dec 31, 2008, 11:24 AM
i got mine late but that was mainly due to xmas and the crap postal survices over here in the uk

uo0v
Dec 31, 2008, 12:02 PM
hrmmm nope, mine got here about 4 days after i ordered it. Got it through fed-ex, though.

GutsGO
Dec 31, 2008, 12:15 PM
Yea I have yet to get mine, I pre-ordered it in November, it shipped on the 19th like everyone else using the Economy Air method.

My brother (who lives with me) did the same exact thing, he got his yesterday and mine still hasn't come.

It's freakin me out to say the least since I too have experienced very speedy delivery from Play-Asia almost always.

DemonMike
Dec 31, 2008, 12:34 PM
Play-Asia by the looks of things have run out of their initial order. Last time I checked it was listed at 'Dispatched within a week', meaning they dont have any copies ready for an immediate dispatch.

Forever Zero
Dec 31, 2008, 01:05 PM
Still don't have mine from PlayAsia. Shipped out the 19th as well.

CircusMaximusBC
Dec 31, 2008, 03:22 PM
never order from play asia im not saying they suck but why order from them when we have http://www.shopncsx.com/ there based in NY thats where i preordered mine from and i got it in on the 26th oh and priority shipping is only $5 there :)

Aumi
Dec 31, 2008, 05:06 PM
Still haven't got mine though it was shipped the 19th... Probably because I live in Denmark... Really sucks... DAMN YOU ECONOMY AIR METHOD!

GutsGO
Dec 31, 2008, 06:33 PM
Play-Asia by the looks of things have run out of their initial order. Last time I checked it was listed at 'Dispatched within a week', meaning they dont have any copies ready for an immediate dispatch.
This has no relevance to the thread topic, since we preordered it already and our copies were confirmed to be in transit.

What your saying has to do with people just purchasing it now.

Jonty
Dec 31, 2008, 08:38 PM
Mine hasn't arrived yet either... ;_;

Hikage818
Dec 31, 2008, 10:11 PM
also waiting for my copy paid for the cheap shipping (kinda regreting that now)

the_importer_
Jan 1, 2009, 10:42 AM
Man, I should have paid for EMS, the game shipped the 19th and I still haven't received it.

GutsGO
Jan 1, 2009, 11:16 AM
There's a topic here with people sharing the same headaches:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156186

My story is even more perplexing, Play-Asia shipped TWO to my household using the Economy Air, one got here on Tuesday (30th) the other hasn't come yet...both shipped on the same day.

deso123
Jan 1, 2009, 12:01 PM
did they give you 2 shipping trackers for the separate games? Does it say that one is still out there or has it moved locations since you got the first one? You know that chip people use to bootleg games? The games only like 100 mbs and would take like 3 minutes to download and you'd be done and playing while you have to go through all of this. It's sad.

Cranberry
Jan 1, 2009, 12:10 PM
This is very comforting to me, because I had concerns my mail had been stolen. But the fact that all of you have not received it yet shows me that its just slow shipping. I'm okay with that, I don't mind the wait as long as it hasn't been stolen. I'm in no big rush to play the game.

Saphion
Jan 1, 2009, 01:12 PM
Still waiting. I live in the UK though, so I can understand the delay.

CircusMaximusBC
Jan 1, 2009, 01:18 PM
if you live in the US next time use

http://www.shopncsx.com/

there awesome and based in NY i got my game from them on the 26th and priority shipping was only like $5

the_importer_
Jan 1, 2009, 02:11 PM
After carefully calculating, I think it's logical that we didn't get our copies yet.

1- December 19 was a Friday, so there usually no airmail shipping on the weekend (to my knowledge).

2- It started leaving Asia on the Monday the 22nd and may or not have reached NA by the 24th.

3- No mail activities from the 25th to the 28th.

4- So up to today (January 1st which again, a no shipping day), we only had 6 days of shipping activities and adding the fact that shipping is usually slower during the holidays, it pretty much explains why we didn't get our game with plain old airmail shipping.

GutsGO
Jan 1, 2009, 07:48 PM
if you live in the US next time use

http://www.shopncsx.com/

there awesome and based in NY i got my game from them on the 26th and priority shipping was only like $5
NCSX is great I agree and used to use them all the time but they generally charge more across the board compared to Play-Asia for the same thing. Not to mention Play-Asia stocks such a wider range of items that I'd rather give them my business, it's been a win win situation up until now, since I could pay the economy freight and expect it in about 5 business days.

I agree with 'the_importer_', it hasn't been the 10 business day max yet, so there is still hope we will see it Friday or Saturday, but since there are people that I know personally who have the game already and didn't pay extra in shipping it still makes me nervous that it is lost or stolen. I guess I shouldn't jump the gun yet since this shipped during the holidays, and the postal services are surely trying to catch up from it and normal expediting won't occur until next week like he said as well. I'm really glad that others are dealing with extra lead times though and I'm not the only one in this boat.

the_importer_
Jan 1, 2009, 11:39 PM
NCSX is great I agree and used to use them all the time but they generally charge more across the board compared to Play-Asia for the same thing. Not to mention Play-Asia stocks such a wider range of items that I'd rather give them my business, it's been a win win situation up until now, since I could pay the economy freight and expect it in about 5 business days.

I agree with 'the_importer_', it hasn't been the 10 business day max yet, so there is still hope we will see it Friday or Saturday, but since there are people that I know personally who have the game already and didn't pay extra in shipping it still makes me nervous that it is lost or stolen. I guess I shouldn't jump the gun yet since this shipped during the holidays, and the postal services are surely trying to catch up from it and normal expediting won't occur until next week like he said as well. I'm really glad that others are dealing with extra lead times though and I'm not the only one in this boat.

Play-Asia states that it takes anywhere between 5 to 14 business days (but delays do happen). As for getting lost or stolen, well although their airmail shipping doesn't include tracking, it does include insurance, so no worries.

CircusMaximusBC
Jan 1, 2009, 11:57 PM

idk about the prices play-asia was more for ps0 i got it for $53 shipped via priority from ncsx

GutsGO
Jan 2, 2009, 09:42 AM
idk about the prices play-asia was more for ps0 i got it for $53 shipped via priority from ncsx
That's what I paid too but for Air Mail, so in the end for this occasion NCSX would have been better, even though they didn't start shipping partial orders until December 22nd whereas Play-Asia did the 19th. It was still possible to receive the Play-Asia one before NCSX and not pay priority shipping (I have a friend that did) but I think the real problem here is the Postal Service anyway since my orders generally come in 5 days.

I received an email back from Play-Asia, they say that the actual lead time is 5-21 days for Air Delivery so it's a lot longer than I thought.

the_importer_
Jan 2, 2009, 09:45 AM

Well both Play-Asia and NCS sell PSŲ for 52.90 but Play-Asia raised their prices because I paid $48.90 before shipping for my pre-order.

Aumi
Jan 3, 2009, 07:29 AM
Just got my copy, playing story now! :wacko:

the_importer_
Jan 3, 2009, 09:42 AM
Just got my copy, playing story now! :wacko:

Where are you located (State/Province)?
Did you receive it today (01/03) or yesterday (01/02)?

Akaimizu
Jan 3, 2009, 09:51 AM
Awesome Aumi. Welcome to the PS0-playing crew. :)
Funny enough, the game's controls take a little learning to truly get down. For me, once I figured out that (for actions) if you use the R-trigger for your 2nd-palette, the moment you press the button for a tech action, you can release the trigger, move around and aim where you want to place it while holding the button and release when the targets are lit up, the gameplay changed quite a bit for me. (It's more like, press-hold, move and adjust aim, release to fire) That turns the fact that it takes a second and a half to charge a Ra-tech an advantage since you can charge hold and release early to still cast the regular version. It's very very easy to aim techs, keep battlefield awareness, and remain more mobile this way.

It also makes it nice because that practice makes it so that performing a photon blast never gets in the way of using anything in your palette like it did back in PSO. It's nice to freely have all six palette options while your PB is charged.

The reason is that holding both the L and R buttons will fire off the PB, but you need the L trigger to refocus the camera, lock-on, etc. The R button for the 2nd palette. So by using the R-button first, pressing the corresponding face button for the tech or charge attack will lock your character to using it, so you can freely release the R-button and utilize the L button to its full extent with no worries about accidentally firing off a PB.

Callous
Jan 3, 2009, 10:10 AM
Hey, thanks for that info, Akai. I was unaware of this. It will certainly mean a lot once I start playing my FOmar.

Saphion
Jan 3, 2009, 12:09 PM
And lo, for upon waking I did see a holy light emanating from the front room; verily I did enter and upon doing so did notice a small parcel nestled in front of the door.

With baited breath, I fumbled with the package and when it was eventually opened I was blinded by a light of sheer awesomeness. Once I regained my vision, I could see that before me was none other than Phantasy Star Zero.

And there was much rejoicing.

(Ironically I'm out for the day so I won't be able to play it until tomorrow. Ha!)

Cranberry
Jan 4, 2009, 01:17 AM
I received my copy today. But it doesn't seem to have the pre-order card. =(

Amherst_Wind
Jan 4, 2009, 01:43 PM
I received my copy today. But it doesn't seem to have the pre-order card. =(

Dont worry, the pre-order codes are all the same. :)

As soon as you finish the 3rd main story mission, go to the sewers and enter these codes in the machine down there...

Miku's Leek : 8331-7716

Gun Sword: Blade Cannon : 3489-9723

Valiant : 5247-3115

Selvaria's Spear : 4137-5476

Saphion
Jan 5, 2009, 06:57 AM
Oh my god, this game is incredible.

It's like they made a game especially for me. I don't have a single complaint. (Well, except that maybe the audio is underwhelming...?)

Aumi
Jan 5, 2009, 07:13 AM
Where are you located (State/Province)?
Did you receive it today (01/03) or yesterday (01/02)?

Sorry for the late reply. The game is really awesome.

I live in Denmark (which is located in Europe, just under Norway, for those who don't know this incredibly small, but still quite wealthy country, with a nice social system). The time zone is GMT +1. Got it the 3rd.

Frokko
Jan 5, 2009, 07:23 AM
Aumi I got to play with you sometime, I live in Sweden so we have like the same time zone.

the_importer_
Jan 5, 2009, 12:59 PM
Sorry for the late reply. The game is really awesome.

I live in Denmark (which is located in Europe, just under Norway, for those who don't know this incredibly small, but still quite wealthy country, with a nice social system). The time zone is GMT +1. Got it the 3rd.

Well there you go, Europe is a bit close to Asia than North America, that's why you got it so soon :P

Cranberry
Jan 5, 2009, 01:17 PM
Did any of you receive the bonus item card with your Play-Asia pre-orders? I didn't get it and when I wrote them about it they just said "Sorry" and that's all.

Akaimizu
Jan 5, 2009, 04:06 PM
The audio is pretty decent, but the bad thing is, it's not so decent from the DS speakers. Even then, there is an area or two in which I don't really think much of the music. (don't hate it either). The bigger problem with the music is part of what makes it much better than it seems. ST put a lot of low-end in the music, which so doesn't come out of the DS speakers. It's practically inaudible. You really feel like you only hear maybe 3/4ths of the music until you put headphones on, or connect it to a bigger and better sound unit.

Hearing the low-end full on, improves the sound of the music quite a bit, and you can finally hear what it was supposed to sound like. So if I do a youtube vid, I should probably try to do it in such a way that I record the audio directly from the unit, to the computer.

I especially like some of the music from the later areas. Still, depending on your tastes, this may come across a little different. At times, it definitely has that PSO touch, but other times, it's a little more traditional RPG and less on the clever use of effect-laden synth tracks that PSO was well known for. I guess I kind of take it as the game's way of saying this is something of an older era than what PSO falls in.

Mine came from NCSX, and maybe a few folks get a pre-order bonus. I didn't.

GUN
Jan 5, 2009, 06:06 PM
Slightly off-topic though as because I waited till after Christmas to order decided to plump with an Ebay Vendor in HK, only took four days from order including free postage!! Fantastic service, no wonder the vendor has a 99.8% rating. Now to get stuck into the translation guide, lol.

the_importer_
Jan 5, 2009, 06:57 PM
Well Canada Post left a note in my mail box, so I'm getting it tomorrow. Bad news is, I got caught with duties so it will cost me $12 to pick it up :(

Another good reason why I should have paid for EMS shipping.

Pietepiet
Jan 6, 2009, 01:48 PM
Got mine today. Loving it :)

GUN
Jan 9, 2009, 09:12 AM
Oh my god, this game is incredible.

It's like they made a game especially for me. I don't have a single complaint. (Well, except that maybe the audio is underwhelming...?)

Yep, after quite some play now, have to agree that the music/audio is not great (quality wise anyhow's) still there are some close to PSO nostalgic-ish tunes :)