PDA

View Full Version : Help with my Hunewearl

dreambrother
Feb 7, 2003, 11:43 AM
I'm trying to figure out the best weapon type and Mag for my character. She misses almost every other swing with a saber. I was thinking of building a Dex MAG to compensate for her low ATP. She only gains one every level. How am I supposed to hit anything? So far I don't see how she is the best Hunter type character. Then again, I'm only level 6 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Thanks!

Celes152
Feb 7, 2003, 11:45 AM
In time you'll be hitting everything, but a little DEX on the MAG might help, maybe 30 points or so, but use the rest on Power. Good weapon types might be double sabers, and swords. Can you get online? I might be able to help you. ^o^

dreambrother
Feb 7, 2003, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the help! I wish I could get online believe me, but I don't think it'll be possible. Maybe in time.... Something about the way my brother connected our internet. I would have to connect a cable all the way up to his room. I just may do that tho. Getting pretty boring always doing solo offline http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DemiPlat
Feb 7, 2003, 12:02 PM
That, to me, is the one area HUne's need the most help.

So, yeah, try to add a lot of DEX to your mag. You'll need it right up through Ultimate Mode, when you get there.

My mag has these stats.

Def: 8
Pow: 124
Dex: 43
Mind: 25

That 43rd DEX point is a waste, I should have had it be 42 or 44, since odd numbers are a waste on DEX, but OTHERWISE this mag really, really helps my HUne.

For units, I use lots of Elf/Arms. Early on you will find Marksman/Arms which will help boost your ATA.

Once you are hitting things reliably (95% or more of the time) you will probably be like me and really like Hunewearls!

GO HUnes!!!!

Elusive_Llama
Feb 7, 2003, 12:13 PM
Hunewearls are frustrating at lower levels, but they become one of the best Hunters later in the game.

When you feed your mag, concentrate on raising that ATA but don't neglect the other stats. Don't put points into DEF. Aim for 5/115/60/20 or 5/115/50/20. PBs can be anything, as long as you get a Pilla in there somewhere.

Use sabers and partisans for now. Upgrade to doublesabers and swords later.

Bind a hotkey to cast Jellen because you'll be needing it at your low level. Cast Jellen on everything you see. Rearrange your spell list to have Shifta, Deband, Zalure and Anti at hand.

Always have Shifta/Deband on, always.

Just hang in there until you reach higher levels, and/or can get your hands on some God units (God/Battle, God/Arm, etc).

Polenicus
Feb 7, 2003, 12:45 PM
Gotta love Hunnys! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Extra dex is definitely a must with Hunewearls. But you probably also want to raise a mind mag, or borrow one from your Force, so you can slap it on long enough to teach your Hunewearl some higher-level spells. Hunewearls can learn up to level 20 spells, including Shifta and Deband. THAT'S what makes a big difference. So don't be afraid to put a little into MIND on your mag. Basically, you need to strike a balance. About 40-50 DEX on the mag is all you should need.

As for weapons, hunewearls can make damn near anything work, depending on your preference and playing style.

Celes152
Feb 7, 2003, 12:49 PM
Maybe making a seperate, pure mind MAG is good for using techs, but I never put mind on MAGs for HUnewearls. Power and some Dex..

Jae
Feb 7, 2003, 01:10 PM
On 2003-02-07 09:49, Celes152 wrote:
Maybe making a seperate, pure mind MAG is good for using techs, but I never put mind on MAGs for HUnewearls. Power and some Dex..

Agreed. You really don't need MIND in later levels since MST only affects your attack techs and not your support techs. Why rely on your weak lvl 20 attack techs when your weapons deal out a lot more damage?

Elusive_Llama
Feb 7, 2003, 01:42 PM
Gotta love Hunnys!

Yeah, and their skimpy costumes too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Techs are a Hunny's greatest strength. Use them to augment her stats and keep her healthy. However, your mag for level 100+ should not have any MIND on it because you won't use support techs as often as FOs do with their attack techs.

Sedyne
Feb 8, 2003, 10:26 AM
On 2003-02-07 08:43, dreambrother wrote:
I'm trying to figure out the best weapon type and Mag for my character. She misses almost every other swing with a saber. I was thinking of building a Dex MAG to compensate for her low ATP. She only gains one every level. How am I supposed to hit anything? So far I don't see how she is the best Hunter type character. Then again, I'm only level 6 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Thanks!

Just a suggestion...

I know HUnewearls have crappy Dex, and so do other chars. Everytime i start a new char i build two new mags with it if i don't allready have some to barrow that are good.

So do this...build ur regular mag with about 50 or so dex for when ur a higher level, but also have another mag being leveled up where u only feed it antiparlysis to get a high ass dex mag. that way if u ever want to start over as well u'll be able to equip a varista @ level 1 and plow through the game until about vhard

Elixer
Feb 8, 2003, 11:23 AM
for my hunewearl i use a mag with good dex and some L&K mechs with 45% hit. with shifta the 9 hit combo of the mechs thats adds up in damage given out

Para
Feb 8, 2003, 02:38 PM
my hunny maxed out on base ATA ;(
she hits very well ;(

Tigereye
Feb 8, 2003, 07:18 PM
I personally equipped 2 God/Arms, had 30 DEX on my mag, and used weapons with % Hit. It works very well. Combine Charge Vulcans with 50% Hit, Shifta/Zalure 20, maxed luck and a special critical hit can easily score over 1000 damage per hit.