PDA

View Full Version : AotI Best place to level rifles from 21 to 40+

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 2, 2009, 02:00 PM
Yea the only rifles that have that arent atleast 31+ are Plasma,grav, and burning shot.
I'm working on the same now and all three are 21+
grav shot 26 the rest im not sure where to level. I guess i wanna do severe(kinda) leveling on them.

for the most part ive been running GBR to level but im pretty sure there r other places to level them faster....my goal 2day is to possibly get all three to 31 2day

ashley50
Jan 2, 2009, 02:17 PM
just keep using them? ;o

shoot enemies that Heals themselves <_>

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 2, 2009, 02:26 PM
just keep using them? ;o

shoot enemies that Heals themselves <_>

Not alot do that >.<

Smidge204
Jan 2, 2009, 02:55 PM
MAG' is a pretty decent place. Lots to shoot at and bullet resistant enemies means you'll spend almost all your time plugging away. There's three in-mission PP refills and enough meseta drops to keep you going without wasting time running back to the lobby.

There is no way to make it go *faster* though. You just have to shoot a lot. I recommend carrying a lot of Yohmei brand rifles (typically more PP but lower damage) and a stack of Zodiaride (improves accuracy). Use 'em up, swap out your palette, keep shooting, etc. Spend more time shooting and less time running around that way.
=Smidge=

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 2, 2009, 03:22 PM
Sakura blast has alot of enemies that heal themselves also go to Military train thats where i go to level bullets i usually level them if i solo 3-5 levels a run.

Noblewine
Jan 2, 2009, 03:32 PM
Valley of Carnage the second block the vandas have upped defense and attack.
Seed Awakening Lvl your bullets with the boss.
Awaken Serpent lvl your bullets off of the boss.

Smidge204
Jan 2, 2009, 03:35 PM
The whole self-healing enemies thing really only matters if you plan to level AFK - which I'm sure is not smiled upon by the game community (and actively worked against by Sega). Otherwise it's only good for the very earliest of levels. You do way too much damage to not kill them relatively quickly and status effects like freeze and silence negate it entirely.

I still say your best bet is resistant enemies, which is almost any (all?) "large" enemies: Bil De Vear, Grass Assassin, Polavohra etc... also robots. Killer Shot's Incapacitate is also completely ineffective against large enemies so that's good for leveling too.
=Smidge=

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 2, 2009, 03:52 PM
The whole self-healing enemies thing really only matters if you plan to level AFK - which I'm sure is not smiled upon by the game community (and actively worked against by Sega). Otherwise it's only good for the very earliest of levels. You do way too much damage to not kill them relatively quickly and status effects like freeze and silence negate it entirely.

I still say your best bet is resistant enemies, which is almost any (all?) "large" enemies: Bil De Vear, Grass Assassin, Polavohra etc... also robots. Killer Shot's Incapacitate is also completely ineffective against large enemies so that's good for leveling too.
=Smidge=

yea i dont plan on AFK
unless that consist of watching tv for a short bit then other then that no afk
idk if thats considered AFK or not

darkante
Jan 2, 2009, 06:33 PM
You just have to shoot a lot.

No let me edit that for you

Shoot until your eyes bleeds. When you start to see teletubbies, let me know!

Better! Xo

fayt6
Jan 3, 2009, 12:32 AM
yea..i thought bout trying to lvl bullets...but i took 3 shots an i gave up...what are your motivations for using guns cuz i cant do it ><

CellarDoor
Jan 3, 2009, 12:58 AM
yea..i thought bout trying to lvl bullets...but i took 3 shots an i gave up...what are your motivations for using guns cuz i cant do it ><

The motivation is the damage you can do with high level bullets. I have a level 150 F CAST gunmaster (lvl 14) and I'm putting out the following:

~1600 per shot rifle (9/9 Rattlesnac, level 50 bullet)
~1030 per bullet shotgun (10/10 Spread Needle /G, level 50 bullet)
~1750 per bullet laser (8/10 Needle Cannon, level 50 bullet)
I don't have any twin handgun bullets at 50 so I don't know the damage potential there.

The only real pains to level are rifles IMO. Shotguns and lasers level pretty quickly just from normal use in missions. Gunner definitely isn't for everyone =p but if you put in the time it can be rewarding.

Edit: Oh yeah, to answer the OP's question: Either just grab lots of rifles and a Cati / Bullet Save and use nothing but rifles in a party, or do a mission like Plains Overlord or Sakura Blast. These missions have "safe spots" where you can sit and fire without worrying about the enemies getting near you.

fayt6
Jan 3, 2009, 01:02 AM
i wasnt aware that sakura blast had safe spots

Magus_84
Jan 3, 2009, 02:38 AM
You could also try the first part of Rescue Hyuga, one of the story missions. It's filled with bots that, if you're wearing lightning armor and at a high enough level, can't hurt you.

Their inherent bullet resistance sorta makes up for their low HP.

thunder-ray
Jan 3, 2009, 04:32 AM
Edit: Oh yeah, to answer the OP's question: Either just grab lots of rifles and a Cati / Bullet Save and use nothing but rifles in a party, or do a mission like Plains Overlord or Sakura Blast. These missions have "safe spots" where you can sit and fire without worrying about the enemies getting near you.This. I soloed plains overlord for a month and managed to get all my element rifles to 31+. I havent made my gunner a gunmaster yet since I wana play guntecher for awhile before I try gunmaster

Smidge204
Jan 3, 2009, 07:20 AM
It's also worth considering the GBR circuit as a place to level bullets. I mean, with the boosted drop rate you can at least get some decent cash or the occasional decent item out of the experience as well.

=Smidge=

thunder-ray
Jan 3, 2009, 08:08 AM
It's also worth considering the GBR circuit as a place to level bullets. I mean, with the boosted drop rate you can at least get some decent cash or the occasional decent item out of the experience as well.

=Smidge=I agree thats just my method of lvling my skills, bullets and techs. Soloing missions always made lvling pa's alot faster. However I will say that rifle bullets we're a pain in the ass to lvl after i got them to lvl 28.

mvffin
Jan 4, 2009, 12:14 AM

=Smidge=

THIS

I joined a scarred planet 50% party today with a pallet full of rifles. First run we did, I got an LKK at the end boxes! Best luck I've had with anything in quite awhile. I stuck with it for about 2 hours and got a full 3 levels on one of my rifles (22-25)

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 4, 2009, 02:18 AM
Edit: Oh yeah, to answer the OP's question: Either just grab lots of rifles and a Cati / Bullet Save and use nothing but rifles in a party, or do a mission like Plains Overlord or Sakura Blast. These missions have "safe spots" where you can sit and fire without worrying about the enemies getting near you.

Yea this is a good level but its kinda funny since the big guy's head can stick into the safe spots and hit u....other then that its fine for me

Mystil
Jan 7, 2009, 02:28 PM
Ehm, just throwing this out there. The long hauls are 18-20, 28-30, 38-40.

11-17, 21-27, 31-37, seem to breeze by quickly before the slow as molassis leveling comes back.

rayner
Jan 7, 2009, 03:29 PM
I've been doing Unsafe Passage S... with a high enough % armor 32+ you can take no damage from all enemies. Chance to get a Crea Doubles Board and "-nia" & "-ad" gemstones. The enemies are slow, the mission is not long and each block is a room or two. You also get a PA Fragment if you need them.

Rifle leveling is insane... after x8 level it's a pain and requires several runs.

Aries2384
Jan 7, 2009, 03:53 PM
I leveled all of my rifles from 11-31 by just soloing A or S White beast runs. Plenty of places to trap monsters and plenty of time. Just do it as a fortegunner and bring out Boma Duranga if you feel inclined to kill the boss. Thats how I did it <shrug> It worked for me.

Tsavo
Jan 10, 2009, 02:06 AM
I always just went to Valley of Carnage on the highest level I could run. Lots of bullets resistant mobs, espicially the buffed Vandas in block 2. Get close enough and the diga they toss just flies right over your head.