PDA

View Full Version : is there a battle mode?

Vandrell
Jan 2, 2009, 02:26 PM
battle mode is what makes the game last forever

Ultie
Jan 2, 2009, 02:28 PM
nope.

deso123
Jan 2, 2009, 02:42 PM
ill give you a froozer for 3 pds. you can pwn the elves with it before they pwn you.

Zarode
Jan 2, 2009, 03:36 PM
battle mode is what makes the game last forever

Yes, I'm sure everyone enjoyed the one sided battle mode from PSO, and really wants it back!

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2009, 03:39 PM
Actually, it was challenge mode that made things last forever. :) :) :)

parabolee
Jan 3, 2009, 02:33 AM
I never really cared for either to be honest. Although I know many of my PSO comrades did.

Callous
Jan 3, 2009, 06:45 AM
In like 3000 hours of PSO'ing, I never even played battle mode. So no, it's not what made it last. Challenge mode was really fun, but getting a consistent team together turned out to be too much of a hassle for me.

What MAKES the game last for me is having an epic romp from Forest to Falz with a good team, meeting new people, the music, the gameplay, the atmosphere, Sega's crazy quests and oddities, reading Rico and Flowen's messages, the gorgeous environments, the variety of weapons and always being able to set a new goal to reach. Well, those and many other things.

Anyway, sorry you're not getting your battle mode!

ZarroTsu
Jan 4, 2009, 02:08 PM
Battle mode has always been broken.

When it comes down to you against monsters, everything is fine because they all move at a set speed by monster by difficulty. This works out fine because of one factor --

THEY DON'T FALL DOWN.

Sure, they're stunned for a moment; but so are you (more-so if you block an attack).

However, when it comes to PvP; both you and your opponent have a hell of a lot more ATP than DFP. Generally, the damage delt to one another will -always- either instant-kill, or have the opponent fall over. as soon as they get back up, you can cast some tech to kill off the rest of their HP.

Another factor in general is techs vs players. At very most, players likely have only 20 - 30 points of resistance to their elements. Monsters have 80 - 100 points come Ultimate; so if a Grantz happens to deal 1000 damage to Dark Falz, It'll deal about 4000 damage to you. Instant kill to any level 200.

With this in mind, along with having ever even played it to have found out -- Battle Mode is in no was fun or fair. Obviously, no; I should hope it isn't in PSZ, or in any future PS games -- And note that if it is, they'll have majorly tweaked and fixed it into something completely different from the battle mode you "enjoyed", to which you'll likely just complain.

Short answer : No; nobody wanted it.

jmanx
Jan 5, 2009, 12:28 PM
No, not unless you choose a battle mode and which techs becomes weaker. The modes aren't one sided and fighting in forest sux. I would at least like to take a break from co-op once in a while.

Vandrell
Jan 7, 2009, 07:53 PM
don't make me laugh... you guys seem like the ones i see fighting on youtube videos... the battle mode tactics are resistance, hp, armor, shields, weapons ect... and how you battle... now i understand that pso battle sucked because of the shortage of moves/specials and techs like zonde and grants can't be dodged, can't striffe or lock on... but having battle mode on psz would be more fun and alot of people know this. BATTLES IN PSZ WOULD BE NO EASY TASK!!!

Mike
Jan 7, 2009, 07:59 PM
However, there isn't one so it's all moot anyways.