PDA

View Full Version : Android Boost

Zack_Morris
Feb 7, 2003, 03:40 PM
I keep hearing about a certain exp boost that androids get. I have a lvl 60 redria android hunter and i really need to get him to lvl 80 in order to get him to ultimate in multi-mode. (all for a freakin god/battle) problem is it's taking a lifetime.

Can someone explain the requirements for the boost? I have a Kings Ripper with around 20% hit but i don't seem to be getting a boost from it. Thanks.

Toyzferall
Feb 7, 2003, 04:44 PM
Androids don't get an EXP boost. No class/race does. I dunno who told you that, but they're a looney. The only advantages androids get over other classes is that they can see traps, can set traps themselves, and regen HP while stading still. The higher level, the faster they regen HP. But as you've noticed, they can't use techs.

Munki
Feb 7, 2003, 05:25 PM
I get 40xp per swing with a King's Gungnir (on ultimate, barbles and bartles for this test). I am a HUcaseal, lvl 120

My friend got less (I think it was like 26 xp or something) using the same weapon on the same enemies. He was a RAmarl, lvl 115

Another item of note is that I get 40xp with the following weapons... King's Gugnir, King's Caliber, King's Ripper. But with King's Vulcan and King's Diska, I only get 26 xp per hit.

So, it appears to me that Androids DO get an xp steal bonus... seeing as how my character stole more with the same weapons on the same enemies. I would love to hear other peoples take on this.

Funny enough, that King's Gungir now has a permenent spot in my active weapon list... nothin like stealing 240 xp and more from a gaggle of bartles/barble/gillchics/etc. to help boost you along. In fact, it is now my weapon of choice in Ultimate Heat Sword quests...

I have a theory that HU bots get xp bonuses to melee weapons, whereas RA bots get them to ranged weapons (i.e. guns / diska). Since I don't have a Ranger, does anyone else have some data to share about that?

edit: Fixed a stupid error (meant Vulcan instead of Ripper), and also added a question

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Munki on 2003-02-07 14:27 ]</font>

Gartywood
Feb 7, 2003, 05:46 PM
androids do not get a steal boost. The exp stealing weapons steal a percentage of your exp so your lev 120 would steal move than a lev 115 as far as the multi hit weapons giving you less i dont know...makes sense to balance things a little

Munki
Feb 7, 2003, 06:00 PM
Actually, the xp weapons steal a percentage of the ENEMIES xp. Specifically King's should steal 12% of an enemies xp. Not your own xp... otherwise, I would be stealing more xp NOW than I was at level 110. I can say that I have been stealing 40 xp the entire time (I was in ultimate mines at the time that I started doing this... every creature there steals for 40 xp)

And I still say that bots get a boost. I think if you take an android HU, use a melee weapon xp stealer, check the xp steal. Give the SAME weapon to another character. Then see what happens.

Maybe it is a HU - bonus... after all, the other person that tried was a RAmarl. My buddy has a lvl 140 HUnewearl. Tonite, I will have him try the King's Gugnir and I will see what he steals.

Anyway. I have backed up my statement with data that I found in the game. Believe me or not, this is what I have found. Check it for yourself.

Sim2002
Feb 7, 2003, 06:15 PM
Bah what do you know Munki? For all we know you could be making this all up to feed that giant banana ego of yours. You are just a nerd face it.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Percival
Feb 7, 2003, 06:42 PM
I think androids DO get an experience draining Boost. Many of my experience draining weapon steal 80XP a hit on ultimate.

These weapons are supposed to steal 12%. Let's say I hit a 250XP enemy. I should normally get 30XP but I DO get 80XP. That must be for a reason. Hucast/Android Bonus?

I'm not the only droid who experience this XP gain. I heard it from other HUcasts. I don't know how this works but it seems to top at 80XP per hit wathever the enemy is. With this, I can easily juice out a 1000XP from an enemy.

Munki
Feb 7, 2003, 07:15 PM
Percival, just out of curiosity, what weps get you the 80?

I heard that the 'multi hit' weapons (i.e. Partisans/Swords/Daggers) only get 40, whereas the god hand and sabers get more... but as I don't have either the hand or a saber it never happens...

Percival
Feb 7, 2003, 07:20 PM
Anicent Saber... But I'm pretty sure I was getting the same experience gain with another more common weapon... what was it... King Partisan? Not sure... but it definitly was a king weapon.

Munki
Feb 7, 2003, 07:25 PM
Huh, the plot thikens... I have been using King's Partison w/ HUcaseal, and I get 40 xp per monster I hit...

Maybe the HUcast gets a bigger boost than HUcaseal? As if HUcast needed anymore bonuses, the crazy Red Mech wieldin foos http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I guess this calls for more expiramentation...

Percival
Feb 7, 2003, 07:36 PM
I just tried with a King Gungnir I had in the bank. I went down in ultimate forest and defeated an El Rappy... it gives 256 XP. Tried wacking his friend with the XP draining Hability.... gives me 40 XP a Hit. Ok, seems the bonus vary with weapon but I'm perfectly sure that I got 80 XP drains with at leat 2 types of weapons. Anyway, that 256 XP should have gave me 31 XP a hit (12% of 256) but it gave me 40 a hit. I'll try with something else.

Percival
Feb 7, 2003, 07:39 PM
Hmm... I tried a King Calibur this time, and on different enemies... the XP drain is Also 40. I wish we could crack this formula. Anytone else want to add input?

Elixer
Feb 7, 2003, 07:39 PM
no classes get a exp boost only way to get more exp is to use a special that when you hit you get like +7 exp

Percival
Feb 7, 2003, 07:55 PM
On 2003-02-07 16:39, Elixer wrote:
no classes get a exp boost only way to get more exp is to use a special that when you hit you get like +7 exp

I'm positive Elixer. Every succesfull special attack I dealt with my Ancient Saber Drained 80 XP. And I'm not the only this happens too. And it does'nt only happen with Ancient Saber. I've heard it from 2 other people and both were androids. could be a coincidence but thus far it's the best lead I have.

Also

I've been browsing the old archives and found this thread:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=39414&forum=7

In this thread people have been getting the 80XP drain with different weapons:

- Lord Raygun
- King Raygun
- God hand

Notice that both Lord and King raygun gave 80XP even tough the Lord is supposed to give less XP drain.

And everytime it happened with an Android Character

Let's keep diggin...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Percival on 2003-02-07 17:13 ]</font>

Sim2002
Feb 7, 2003, 09:37 PM
On 2003-02-07 16:25, Munki wrote:
Huh, the plot thikens... I have been using King's Partison w/ HUcaseal, and I get 40 xp per monster I hit...

Maybe the HUcast gets a bigger boost than HUcaseal? As if HUcast needed anymore bonuses, the crazy Red Mech wieldin foos http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I guess this calls for more expiramentation...

Leave my poor HUcast alone,,, and no fair bringing up the Red Mechs http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anywho Munki if you want to test this more.. you know how to reach me. Sim would be more then willing to try it out. If you are willing to let me use your weapons. Just so we keep as many varibles the same as we can.

Anywho... I myself as a HUcast have not tried this yet but with Munki's help I will.

BTW Munki you are still a Nerd http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Palimak
Feb 7, 2003, 09:37 PM
Every weapon that only hits 3 times per combo and can only hit 1 enemy at a time will give 80xp per hit on any monster in ultimate mode if your an android. It's not a very hard concept to understand...

Zack_Morris
Feb 7, 2003, 10:45 PM
From what i'm hearing the boost is the same for all the "king" type weapons. It just divides it differently depending on the combo of the weapon being used. In the end it's relative.

Is this boost certain people are experiencing only happing in Ultimate?

HC82
Feb 7, 2003, 10:54 PM
The exp amount has a set cap it won't go beyond. Despite how much exp percentage it says it's supposed to steal, it will only steal exp up to a certain amount. I remeber by HUcaseal getting 120+exp with an ancient saber per special hit. So perhaps it varies in some way.

Kasera
Feb 7, 2003, 11:20 PM
Me and a friend tested this a while ago actually, without a doubt androids do steal more exp with the same weapons compared to humans and newmans. With a final impact, a RAcaseal was stealing far more exp per hit than a RAmarl, both of them the same level.

I believe that androids actually hit more often with special attacks of weapons. On another forum I read a report of a RAcaseal who claimed to paralyze more often with a spread needle compared to a RAmar, despite having less ata.

Palimak
Feb 7, 2003, 11:21 PM
Woa. Never seen a 120 exp hit before. That might change some things...

Johan
Feb 8, 2003, 12:17 AM
My own observations...

1. Weapons that hit multiple enemies get the XP leech halved. That's why you get 40 from sword, partisan, etc. instead of 80.

2. This doesn't seem to work with Master's ____ weapons, as I tried one in Hard Forest and was only getting 3-4 XP a hit.

Maelkith
Feb 8, 2003, 02:04 AM
if you are a racast or racaseal, pack a final impact or a kings arms when going against mothverts. try not to hit the mothvist so it will spit out mothverts longer.

this method is not ranger hunter specific. a raygun works for a hunter and a gungnir works for for a ranger equally well. mechguns will steal 26 maximum for all androids.

for all the nay-sayers, this is a fact. it was probably added in to compensate for weapons that steal tp, and spirit weapons not of any use to androids. androids are also unable to equip most high level armor. electro frame and d-parts are junk compared to parasite wear and other android excluded armor. there are also alot of weapons that require mst. if it were a glitch, why would only androids get the boost? why not only hucaseals and fonewms? i am fairly certain that its intentional.

Percival
Feb 8, 2003, 02:50 AM
Excellent. When we'Re completly finished rounding up the mathematics of this. Someone could compile everything, verify for accuracy, and re-write it in the form of a guide to add on this site.