PDA

View Full Version : Mag "Rare" Mag with 50/0/0/150 stats?

Smartidiot89
Jan 3, 2009, 05:24 PM
Hello!

Iam looking at a FoNewearl with "max" stats in Defense and MST at level 200 and wonder; is it possible to make a mag, prefered Nidra or Sato with these stats:

50 Def
0 Pow
0 Dex
150 MST

psofan219
Jan 3, 2009, 05:45 PM
No, it is not possible. DEX is increased by just about every item at the start, so it's bound to go up at least a couple levels. Many people here are going to argue that having DEF on a MAG is a waste of it's potential though. They are going to suggest you take DEF off and put it on something else and give your character Defense Materials instead.

Smartidiot89
Jan 3, 2009, 06:13 PM
Ok thanks.

So then i will probably go for a Nidra/Sato with 50 Def/Dex + 50 MST to evolve into a Nidra, and then increase it to 150 MST that will work yeah?

TrueChaos
Jan 3, 2009, 06:31 PM
in order to have a rare mag there are requirements that certain areas added together are the same as the other areas added together, eg, DEF+POW=DEX+MIND but it depending on the mag will depend on what areas need to be added. so, having 50/0/0/150 will not give you a rare mag

Ketchup345
Jan 3, 2009, 07:09 PM
DEF on an otherwise pure MIND Mag is acceptable if a rare one is desired, though considering a more MIND less DEF is a good idea.

50/0/0/150 is possible in a rare Mag (I remember using 50/0/0/50 to make up a test for this site to write a small guide). Try Difluids until level 10, then use Monofluids until 35. Odds are Difluids until 50 will work well. That should bring MIND up decently and keep DEF low and hopefully DEX at 0.

Level 100 stats of course must be 50/0/0/50.

TrueChaos
Jan 3, 2009, 07:21 PM
ah, yes, its level 100 the rare mag appears. ignore me, i have do idea.

Splash
Jan 3, 2009, 09:09 PM
The "true" MIND mag is a 5/0/0/195 mag, which is impossible to become rare.

50/0/0/150 is just acceptable, since all you are hoping for from a MIND mag is to boost technique power through higher MST, or otherwise, be able to use MST requirement weapons earlier. The DFP provided helps the case for that.

halibabica
Jan 3, 2009, 10:20 PM
It is possible to make a Nidra with 50/0/0/150. I know, because I have one! Just be careful how you raise the Mag, and make sure you have the correct section ID/class/gender to have it turn rare at L100.

Lance813
Jan 4, 2009, 12:44 PM
Isn't the formula for a Sato Def+Pow=Dex+Mind?

If so at level 100, and by following the correct guide, you could make a Sato.

Or is it Def+Dex=Pow+Mind... Crap I don't remember.

AlexCraig
Jan 4, 2009, 03:35 PM
Def + Dex = Pow + Mind. I have several characters in that catagory.

Lance813
Jan 4, 2009, 03:41 PM
Aye, thank you Alex!

psofan219
Jan 7, 2009, 10:46 PM
It is possible to make a Nidra with 50/0/0/150. I know, because I have one! Just be careful how you raise the Mag, and make sure you have the correct section ID/class/gender to have it turn rare at L100.

It is, seriously?! Wow, I didn't know it was possible. If you can, can you send me a feeding chart for it or post it here? For your MAG I mean, how you got it like that, not for the Nidra. Guess I stand corrected from my earlier post than. Sorry for the confusion.^^;

halibabica
Jan 7, 2009, 11:33 PM
I hate to disappoint, but it's been ages since I made my Nidra. I honestly don't remember the path I took to make it. The character that uses it is a Pinkal FOnewm, though. I know that has something to do with it. You can find all the Mag feeding charts somewhere on this site here (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1021).

I use a more in-depth chart to make my Mags, though, and I don't know where it came from (my sister found it). I micromanage the hell out of 'em to get specific Photon Blasts in specific button locations. I also use other characters and section IDs to get the results I need. Gotta go all out for that perfect Mag!

psofan219
Jan 9, 2009, 02:33 PM
It's okay. Thanks for the feeding chart none-the-less though. Er, I should say link to the feeding charts.

Vanzazikon
Jan 13, 2009, 04:01 PM
That seems like a perfect mag for a FO, one looking for MST that is. I have a Redria FOmar, I think I'd like to give it a try. Maybe later on I'll make a Power mag, a Sato perhaps. Melee FOmars are quite fun. :wacko:

Kevino
Jan 16, 2009, 11:19 AM
You will need to evolve it with the right class and ID character. This can be done on a lvl1 so if you need someone just start a new one. I always keep a useless char to remake into what I need for the mag.