PDA

View Full Version : PC Can't get PSU to even load up

robinhood
Jan 5, 2009, 09:04 PM
--(edit): I finally got it resolved. Even though I already had Direct X 9.0c, I still for some reason had to install Direct X again from the PSU loadup menu *shrug*

I'm trying to install Phantasy Star Universe, and I get to the standard loadup menu with: Story Mode, Network Mode, Options, etc., but when I click on Story Mode or Network Mode, the menu closes and nothing happens.

-My CPU setup is much more powerful than the minimum requirements.
-I have the required Direct X 9.0c
-I have updated video drivers
-I've tried re-installing
EDIT: And I'm running WinXP

EDIT: For some reason I don't think the game is fully installing. PSU supposedly takes up over 8 GB of space, and after "installing" it, only about 5 GB is taken up. ???

I'm out of ideas, any help?

Kumlekar
Jan 5, 2009, 09:18 PM
Whats your system specs and OS?

Treize K
Jan 5, 2009, 09:22 PM
I think ur on vista" i think" if so right click the psu logo and click run as admin....

Dhylec
Jan 5, 2009, 09:43 PM
Check your firewall, be sure to allow Gameguard to connect to the internet. Otherwise, nothing will happen.

robinhood
Jan 5, 2009, 10:27 PM
What Operating System are you using? (Windows 2000/XP/Vista?)

I'm using XP

Whats your system specs and OS?

Athlon 64 3200, Geforce 6800, 2 GB ram, WinXP

I think ur on vista" i think" if so right click the psu logo and click run as admin....

I'm on XP not Vista

Check your firewall, be sure to allow Gameguard to connect to the internet. Otherwise, nothing will happen.

I've already disabled my firewall and tried and nothing happened.

For some reason I don't think the game is fully installing. PSU supposedly takes up over 8 GB of space, and after "installing" it, only about 5 GB is taken up. ???

zantetsuken
Jan 6, 2009, 09:45 PM
I have this happen from time to time. In fact, just about a week ago I had it happen 4 times in a row. I have no idea what causes it, because I have no anti-virus software, no firewalls, nothing running that should stop it or anything like that.

To fix it (at least for me), just simply reboot your computer and try again. As I said, last week I had to do this 4 separate times before I got it working. Normally it only takes one try though, and I haven't had this problem happen again since then (though I'm sure it's only a matter of time).

My PSU is only taking up 4.75GB, but I'm pretty sure that's the nomal amount.

robinhood
Jan 7, 2009, 12:45 AM
Okay about the amount of space the game takes up, I figured out that wasn't the problem. But yeah I've rebooted so many times and it's never worked yet. It's seriously so strange. I installed it on my brother's computer and it worked perfectly fine.

Arghhhhhhhhhh