PDA

View Full Version : Quick question re avatar name?

GUN
Jan 6, 2009, 05:12 AM
Sorry if I'm being really stupid here (quite possible of course!) but, in the friend code sticky, lots of people have shown their PS0 names (not usernames) as being 7 or more characters long?

When I set up my charcater, I could only use 6 characters,

Am I missing something?

ZarroTsu
Jan 6, 2009, 07:34 AM
Either Friend-code "mask" names (The name which you give them when entering the code) can have more symbols than actual names (Possible), or some people are idiots (Putting it simply).

Note the "mask" name is only a temporary name given to your friend code, so you can keep track of it. It's very possible that the Japanese players would use a longer mask name to put down the full name of that person; then, later online, the person would say "Hi, it's me; *mask name*. As you can see, my nick name for this character is *Actual Name*"

Mask names will likely be replaced by the person's character name after you've connected to them at least once.

Aumi
Jan 6, 2009, 08:28 AM
These are just the names associated with the friend code. Under the game's friend code menu you can change it. It can be up to 8 signs long. It has got nothing to do with the character names.
When adding an friend code you will have to input a friend code and the corresponding name.

GUN
Jan 6, 2009, 08:36 AM
Ah, thx guys, that makes sense -