PDA

View Full Version : PSOW Female Character Battle!

TheOneHero
Jan 7, 2009, 04:51 PM
Needs a prefix

Well, it's been bloody ages since we've had one of these; early '05? late '04? (I can't even find them in the forum search!) :wacko:

For the newcomers and refreshment to the vets, the character battle has always, traditionally, been for female videogame characters. (Mainly girls from a series, or in some exceptions, characters of PSOw members, from PSO. I'm looking at you, Shuri!)

It works a lot like the Gamefaqs character battles, except cooler, and more often. Since I can't find the old threads, (and for the sake of this not lasting forever) here's how things will work.

The most popular girl gets a spot in the finals, while the 2nd place gets a chance in the next poll. Each poll will last around a week and there's only...a few.

Users are free to post characters for nomination, but note your character might not be put in. (If it's a custom character for PSO/U or some MMO, please provide a description and reasoning to why it should be added to be considered.)

Leviathan
Jan 7, 2009, 05:23 PM
Samus.
I wish I had a Varia suit.

Rust
Jan 7, 2009, 05:29 PM
Samus too.

I wish I could morphball to go into small conduits. :wacko:

(Oh god, someone voted for Ivy... <_<; )

CupOfCoffee
Jan 7, 2009, 05:30 PM
Looks like Samus is going to open up a can on all these dudettes, but I voted for Ivy. Just can't beat the British accent coupled with her silver-steel-white-pearl-bone-ivory hair whipping around as she slaughters nerds like Kilik with the snake sword.

Tessu
Jan 7, 2009, 05:33 PM
Sheena Fujibayashi because I can't pronounce the last name

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 7, 2009, 05:43 PM
Kos-mos. It's like the ultimate robot girl :D

(i was thinking on Samus too)

Aisha379
Jan 7, 2009, 05:47 PM
Samus, because everyone else is a freaking joke.

(Except for maybe KOS-mos)

And while everyone else is either getting saved or needs all that "friendship" crap to get stuff done, Samus is running around on entire planets completely devoid of any other human life and kicking the ass of aliens 10 times her size. Now thats my kinda girl.

CelestialBlade
Jan 7, 2009, 05:48 PM
Samus is awesome, but I have to go with Sheena. I loved her XD

Kylie
Jan 7, 2009, 05:51 PM
There are much, much better video game vixens out there (B. Jenet, Lara Croft, etc.); but I have to vote for my girl, Jill Valentine, out of these options because Resident Evil always needs some more representin'. Holla.

TheOneHero
Jan 7, 2009, 05:53 PM
There's gonna be other polls, Kylie. Throw out girls you'd like to see! XD

amtalx
Jan 7, 2009, 06:03 PM
Rayne. Vampires FTW.

Kylie
Jan 7, 2009, 06:07 PM
Well, I'll start out my list by saying this:
Ada Wong > Jill Valentine :wacko:

Lara Croft
B. Jenet
Cammy
Kitana
Trish (Devil May Cry)
Rikku
Oh, and Kylie from Phantasy Star Universe...

SStrikerR
Jan 7, 2009, 07:37 PM
Well, I'll start out my list by saying this:
Ada Wong > Jill Valentine :wacko:

Oh, and Kylie from Phantasy Star Universe...

Seconded.

amtalx
Jan 7, 2009, 07:39 PM
Obviously. Hot Asian women trump just about everything...except redheads, which is why Rayne would still win. :p

Saner
Jan 7, 2009, 07:42 PM
since this is a battle, KOS-MOS would destroy all of them at the sametime if necessary. :lol: :lol: :lol: but even personality-wise, KOS-MOS is so kawaii and interesting, even before the change in the later part of Episode 3 which gave her a human personality. while Samus just acts like a typical bounty hunter. :p

even Samus is an outdated warrior compared to KOS-MOS's capabilities. :lol:
Samus still has the mental limitations of a human
while KOS-MOS's precision, effeciency and power that is far beyond that, even without E.S. Dinah. ^^ I would say KOS-MOS is the "Id" of Xenosaga. in episode 1, she didn't even
need an A.G.W.S. to destroy mechs and giant aliens.

:burger:

lainofthewired
Jan 7, 2009, 07:50 PM
I would say Id but he's a guy. Personally I think Tifa would beat the hell out of them if she wanted to. Also give her Knights Of The Round and she destroys them all. Materia is where it's at people!

On a side note you did leave out Rebecca Chambers and Sonya Blade.

I laugh that no one has mentioned Yuna yet!

Neith
Jan 7, 2009, 07:58 PM
Ivy? D: Can't say I've ever liked her- I'm British and her accent irritates the hell out of me D: I prefer Seong Mi-na, but again, can't stand how her English Voice Actor sounds (talking SC4 here).

Of those listed, I prefer Samus, but I don't like many of them.

I'm trying to think of some video game vixens I like more, but it's late here and my brain's not having any of it :lol:

Omega_Weltall
Jan 7, 2009, 08:57 PM
KOS-MOS for me obviously :D

.....who the fuck is Sheena?!

McLaughlin
Jan 7, 2009, 09:02 PM
Sheena's from Tales of Symphonia (the spirit pact ninja chick).

I voted for Samus, because I love Metroid games. I've never played Xenosaga, and if I had voted for Tifa I'd have been shot (though I almost did anyway).

It was a close race between Tifa and Samus.

SpikeOtacon
Jan 7, 2009, 09:08 PM
No Heather Mason (http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/ghostecho_2007/Silent_Hill_3_Heather2.jpg)?

Fine, then my vote goes to The Hero from Fable 2.

[spoiler-box]http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq60/mcmanmeat/Left4Bread/blackbitchsecond1.jpg[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq60/mcmanmeat/Left4Bread/blackbitchsecond3.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Kesubei
Jan 7, 2009, 09:23 PM
.....who the fuck is Sheena?!

Sheena is from the Tales of Symphonia games. She's a cool character, but not as iconic as some of the others in this poll.

If they were all in a fight, it would only come down to two people: Samus and Kos-Mos. I really wanted to vote for Kos-Mos, but I eventually voted for Samus. I love both the Metroid series (for the action and exploration) and the Xenosaga series (for the story and world). However, while Kos-Mos was built to be dangerous, Samus had to work at it. Also, Samus isn't restricted by directives and whatnot. Kos-Mos would totally win, though.

If you do another poll, please consider:

Lyn (Fire Emblem [: Blazing Sword])
The Boss (MGS)
Nakoruru (Samurai Spirits/Shodown)
Hotaru or B. Jenet (Fatal Fury, KOF)

Omega_Weltall
Jan 7, 2009, 09:32 PM
OOOH forgot about her. haven't finished it yet >_< i know i know its been ages since that game came out and i still have it but not beat it

TheOneHero
Jan 7, 2009, 09:36 PM
Everyone that is like, "dude you don't have ---" please reread the first post, I said there were going to be other polls and to nominate people you'd like to see. For now, just vote for the current players.

Kesubei
Jan 7, 2009, 09:38 PM
Everyone that is like, "dude you don't have ---" please reread the first post, I said there were going to be other polls and to nominate people you'd like to see. For now, just vote for the current players.

I did read the first post. That's why I nominated those characters.

Weeaboolits
Jan 7, 2009, 10:17 PM
I'd have to say Samus although Sheena gets a few points for using a card as a bludgeoning weapon.

McLaughlin
Jan 7, 2009, 11:17 PM
Hector > Lyn.

At least in terms of usefulness. Once Hector promotes he literally cannot die. I had him block off the enemy at a bottleneck in the mission after you promote him or Lyn. The only reason I had to attend to him was because he had broken all his weapons.

Lyn was cool though. She scored a critical just about every attack, without or without a Killer weapon. >_>

Hmmm...who would I nominate... All the ones I can think of immediately are in this poll. XD Maybe Rinoa?

Kesubei
Jan 8, 2009, 02:36 PM
Hector IS damn near unstoppable in the right hands... and those hands aren't mine, unfortunately. I just nominated Lyn because, in addition to her just being a nice character with an interesting story, she's a myrmidon and criticals like crazy towards the end of the game (with a Killing Edge).

Rinoa? She's not cool.

Feelmirath
Jan 8, 2009, 02:56 PM
Sheena.

You know you want to.

Kylie
Jan 8, 2009, 03:00 PM
Ivy? D: Can't say I've ever liked her- I'm British and her accent irritates the hell out of me D: I prefer Seong Mi-na, but again, can't stand how her English Voice Actor sounds (talking SC4 here).Ivy's humongous breasts creep me out. I like Amy, but a lot of people say her eyes creep them out.

TheOneHero
Jan 8, 2009, 03:03 PM
I love Sheena, but I voted for Samus since she contort herself into a ball, I bet...

She's voiced by Jennifer Hale. <3

Well, Sheena was too, but only for the first ToS. D:

Genoa
Jan 8, 2009, 05:40 PM
KOS-MOS ;D
EDIT: I forgot to add my reason...
http://blog.hantsuki.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/all_kosmos.jpg

TheOneHero
Jan 9, 2009, 02:05 PM
Y'know, when these first started, KOS-MOS was everyone's favorite. >_>;

No love for Peach. :wacko:

Kesubei
Jan 9, 2009, 05:00 PM
Even though I voted for Samus, KOS-MOS is still my favorite. (Doesn't make sense? Oh well.)

Peach wouldn't last long. She spends more time being kidnapped than fighting.

Shiroyu
Jan 9, 2009, 07:10 PM
I like Peach. :(

She's one of my mains in Brawl.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 9, 2009, 09:00 PM
Apparently people forget that Samus was extensively and rigerously trained. Against KOS-MOS, Samus would stomp her.

Though, with an all out battle(meaning full equipment) it would be very interesting.

Tifa wouldn't win because fanservice of the same gender doesn't work.

Isn't KOS-MOS technically a robot and not a chick? >_>

lainofthewired
Jan 9, 2009, 09:32 PM
You all forget that Tifa was trained throughly in hand to hand combat, and she never needs to be saved by any one.

Kent
Jan 10, 2009, 01:44 AM
You all forget that Tifa was trained throughly in hand to hand combat, and she never needs to be saved by any one.
I think Cloud disagrees.

lainofthewired
Jan 10, 2009, 03:35 AM
He can disagree all he wants, but she was always pulling his ass out the fire in the game.

Kesubei
Jan 10, 2009, 09:55 AM
Tifa was indeed trained, but she wouldn't stand much of a chance against KOS-MOS or Samus.

LionHeart-
Jan 10, 2009, 01:41 PM
Samus Aran for the Win!

I didn't know who KOS-MOS was so I google'd her and shes pretty hawt! Though, I'd love to see some of her parts/clothing on PSU.

Lance813
Jan 10, 2009, 08:33 PM
Samus. If only for that pic of her in the FKL.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 10, 2009, 09:39 PM
I guess my vote will go to Tifa. ;o

AC9breaker
Jan 11, 2009, 05:02 AM
Samus Aran for the Win!

I didn't know who KOS-MOS was so I google'd her and shes pretty hawt! Though, I'd love to see some of her parts/clothing on PSU.

Dood, how long have you been playing the game? O_o?

lainofthewired
Jan 12, 2009, 02:36 AM
Don't look now, but Tifa is on the comeback.

Libram
Jan 12, 2009, 04:33 AM
Samus Aran for the Win!

You can actually get pretty close to KOS-MOS just by using V1 parts. I'll admit my nerdiness and confess that I have a KOS-MOS clone offline.

As for the battle I had to vote for Samus. She's my favorite character period.

CrimsomWolf
Jan 12, 2009, 05:33 AM
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p204/AmatsuMomen/Anime/KOS-MOS.jpg

KOS-MOS all the way.

I never really liked Samus personally.
I also find KOS-MOS more intersting, story-wise and I prefer strange hair colors anyway.....

Syl
Jan 12, 2009, 06:03 AM
KOS-MOS may have been my vote, but being the big RE fan I am...

I voted for Jill <3

Vanzazikon
Jan 12, 2009, 12:28 PM
Samus: a highly equipped bounty hunters who fights giant aliens, not a real big fan of the series but pretty explosive.

I don't think Jill will have any chance, any immediate threat will set her running off and finding ways to escape.

Sheena had a cool personality, but she wasn't all that good, only when she enters over limit mode and summons, she was in the bleachers pretty much the whole time I played ToS.

Peach... Hahaha... >_>, unless she enters SSB, she does crap and will probably sit out, then Bowser will formulate a plan and grab her with ease and oh look who decided to come... MARIO!!

Tifa hits really hard. She would kick Aerith butt, but a battle against Samus, hmm I don't know. Samus has the range with Charge blasts and homing missiles and don't forget the whip!!! Tifa is pretty much close ranged and the only way to escape the missiles is by performing a well timed somersault, but that seems overwhelming. I'll say Samus would win.

As for Ivy and Kos-mos, I have no idea who they are :(. Sorry, I need to play more video games >.< BTW I did a google image search on Ivy and Kos-mos, Ivy was cool and hawt :3, Kos-mos... Yeah, hot but naked pics!! OMG uncensored bewbz! @.@ I need to change my filter settings. Not really surprised but surprised at how sexy it was

So My vote goes to Samus. Her missiles would totally own. :)

Nominations:

Chun Li: Rapid kicking, upside down spinning hot women FTW! Imagine being kicked by those massive thighs! >_>; That would really hurt and feel good at the same time. :wacko: (O SHI- Hot Asian Chick!)

Sheik: Well if Peach is in, I think Sheik can do better, she's practicallly TOH's sister but more swift, graceful and of course quieter :wacko: (Link is confused @_@) I think she'll do good. :)