PDA

View Full Version : The Boondock Saints

MetaKnight
Feb 7, 2003, 10:42 PM
I was wondering if ANYONE on this website has seen The Boondock Saints? It is a great action movie, and i think that everyone(expect those who dont like blood) to see it.

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Feb 7, 2003, 11:20 PM
My friend tried to describe it to me.

"These two guys are like 'Let's kill all the people we hate. Wait, let's kill EVERYONE'"

He said it was pretty good.

rbf2000
Feb 7, 2003, 11:28 PM
Yea, it's a pretty good movie. And that's a fairly good description of it, too.

geewj
Feb 7, 2003, 11:39 PM
"just poor the drink you fairy fuck!"

hehe, great movie.

avai
Feb 8, 2003, 02:13 AM
the poor cat...

Guntz348
Feb 8, 2003, 03:52 AM
That movie F@CKING RULES!!!!! It's got everything its such a great film I mean Ron Jeremys in it, how much better does it get?? I'd quote the part where the guys telling the joke to the mob boss and Ron Jeremy corrects him but uhhhh I dont wanna get banned http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh and if you like that check out Ganster #1 its about the english mafia and its freaking great its Malcolm McDowell from A Clockwork Orange. It's really really messed up but its a great movie too!

Kent
Feb 8, 2003, 07:39 AM
Never heard of it. From your descriptions, it sounds like it's about senseless violence and nothing more...

Ness
Feb 8, 2003, 02:19 PM
I've never heard of it either, but it sounds retarded.

geewj
Feb 8, 2003, 02:35 PM
its really cool. Watch it, all of you!

Ok, i didnt want to have to play this card, but it has some nudity. Now i know you'll all watch it.

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Feb 8, 2003, 04:01 PM
On 2003-02-08 11:19, Ness wrote:

Wow, that's exactly what people say when I talk about you!

Ness
Feb 8, 2003, 04:12 PM
On 2003-02-08 13:01, BlackCanaryOfDeath wrote:

*grabs chest

oh that hurt me so much.

neko-chan
Feb 8, 2003, 04:15 PM

I can confirm this.

Ness
Feb 8, 2003, 04:44 PM
On 2003-02-08 13:15, neko-chan wrote:

I can confirm this.

Me too. Whenever I mention your name, people tell me that you're the dumbest person they ever met.

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Feb 8, 2003, 04:50 PM
That says a lot about the people you talk to.

"I've never heard of them, but they are the dumbest person I've ever met!"

Ness
Feb 8, 2003, 04:53 PM
On 2003-02-08 13:50, BlackCanaryOfDeath wrote:
That says a lot about the people you talk to.

"I've never heard of them, but they are the dumbest person I've ever met!"

Yep. Maybe I should avoid contact with your parents from now on.

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Feb 8, 2003, 04:59 PM
So you live in the world of the dead?

I didn't know they had internet access.

Asshole.

DeathCheese87
Feb 8, 2003, 05:43 PM
ummm, i should check out the movie as well.

yes.

Guntz348
Feb 8, 2003, 06:42 PM
Ok this movie is amazing. Now that I'm in a better frame of mind let me explain it. It about two Irish brothers who hear the call of God to punish all the really bad sinners. Like the drug lords, rapists, murderers ect. It also has Willem Dafoe as a gay FBI agent, who plays this part perfectly. His character is absolutly hilirious. The movie also makes some good points for example, should a blind eye be turned to vigalantes who attack the criminals that the police can not get to? Don't respond to that just watch the movie, you'll know what I mean.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teaming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E fili, E Spiritu Sancti."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guntz348 on 2003-02-08 15:46 ]</font>

Ness
Feb 8, 2003, 06:54 PM
On 2003-02-08 13:59, BlackCanaryOfDeath wrote:
So you live in the world of the dead?

I didn't know they had internet access.

Asshole.

I live nowhere, I live everywhewre. I'm ethereal so I'm not bound by the chains you mortals are. Oh and your parents told me to tell you that they can't wait until you join them.

Guntz348
Feb 8, 2003, 06:58 PM
Hey ness can I make a wild geuss about you?? Is fast and the furious one of you favorite movies?

Subliminalgroove
Feb 8, 2003, 07:46 PM
It is an extremely good movie, far from retarted and sensless violence. There is a STRONG social question underlying the movie. Guntz already hit upon this. Is it okay to kill the scum of the world; the poeople who will continue to kill innocents if not stopped by those without any sort of legal morass holding them back (vigilanties)? It also brings up some religious questions regarding vigilantism. Not only that, but these questions which can easily be expanded to the death penalty and current political situations.

It is not only socially relevant, it is simply a very well thought out, acted, and directed film. Yes, there is a good deal of blood and violence, but this is essential to bring the full gravity of the movie's social questions to bear. Anyone who I have seen it with has enjoyed the movie to the fullest, then after the last scene they find themselves questioning the society they are living in. Which is precisly what good films are supposed to do: entertain, educate, and cause the audience to reflect on itself.

Anyone who has not seen it for fear of random and sensless violence should reconsider and give this movie a go.

well, my two cents anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Gartywood
Feb 8, 2003, 08:32 PM
How come whenever i see that Ness is the poster the post is almost always derogatory? Go play earthbound ness and seriously you've gone above and beyond the likes of other assholes in this thread.

Ness
Feb 8, 2003, 08:44 PM
On 2003-02-08 15:58, Guntz348 wrote:
Hey ness can I make a wild geuss about you?? Is fast and the furious one of you favorite movies?

Nah. I'm into Sci-fi movies like Star Wars Episode 2.

Ness
Feb 8, 2003, 08:47 PM
On 2003-02-08 17:32, Gartywood wrote:
How come whenever i see that Ness is the poster the post is almost always derogatory? Go play earthbound ness and seriously you've gone above and beyond the likes of other assholes in this thread.

You obviously haven't been here long have you. I was joking with Canary just like he is joking with me. I would never insult someone's parents and be serious about it.

I would be playing Earthbound, but I'm too busy with Xbox Live right now. Also if you think I've gone above and beyond, I have a few people I would like you to meet that will make me seem like nothing. If you want the list PM me.

Guntz348
Feb 9, 2003, 09:40 AM
On 2003-02-08 17:44, Ness wrote:

Ohhh like Alien:Ressurection; bad sequals with horrible continuety problems that may have good promise but lack in the exicution. I got ya. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ness
Feb 9, 2003, 08:46 PM
On 2003-02-09 06:40, Guntz348 wrote:

On 2003-02-08 17:44, Ness wrote:

Ohhh like Alien:Ressurection; bad sequals with horrible continuety problems that may have good promise but lack in the exicution. I got ya. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

No. I hate those hooro movies. I'm talking about the good stuff like Starwars, the Matrix, Men in Black, and alot of other movies. I also like movies with alot of fighting. Like Jackie Chan movies.

Dangerous55
Feb 9, 2003, 10:17 PM
On 2003-02-08 15:54, Ness wrote:

I live nowhere, I live everywhewre. I'm ethereal so I'm not bound by the chains you mortals are.

And yet you spend 23 hours of the day on PSOW. Cool.