PDA

View Full Version : Question on Last Boss (no spoilers)

Aki_Yoruno
Jan 7, 2009, 08:17 PM
Does the last boss have an extra form to fight in Hard or SHard?

xSHiNOx
Jan 7, 2009, 08:22 PM
its the same for all 3 difficulties

Aki_Yoruno
Jan 7, 2009, 08:29 PM
Dang... I miss PSO's extra forms in harder modes... Not that I didn't find it challenging enough in Normal on PSZ. Then there's the gripe I have with PSU's separating the 2 forms into 2 different missions... Oh well, PSZ is fun enough.

BioWarrior
Jan 7, 2009, 10:20 PM
He does however start rolling out his stronger attacks much sooner and moved around alot more. But that's true for all the bosses

SammaeltheDark
Jan 8, 2009, 12:00 PM
What a letdown.. he should just go back to Twilight Princess since he looks like a reject from it anyhow

Akaimizu
Jan 8, 2009, 02:48 PM
Heh. I'm guessing you're talking about the 2nd form. I was thinking Twilight Princess as well, or something from Kingdom Hearts.

I think the main difficulty of that boss is the way that I don't think you get any kind of break after the first form. (I didn't see a way to replenish your supplies).

Callous
Jan 8, 2009, 02:50 PM
When has a phantasy star game ever let you stock up on supplies in between boss forms? Hell, when has any game let you stock up on supplies in between boss forms? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here.

Akaimizu
Jan 8, 2009, 03:25 PM
I was just stating where the main difficulty lies, IMO. Without going into any real kind of detail, I was just saying it was more of an endurance test than a strategy. The original falz was a bit different where you had certain conditions, during the battle, where you needed to do one thing as opposed to another.

Mysterious-G
Jan 8, 2009, 03:27 PM
Wait, it isn't Dark Falz?

SammaeltheDark
Jan 8, 2009, 05:06 PM
Heh. I'm guessing you're talking about the 2nd form. I was thinking Twilight Princess as well, or something from Kingdom Hearts.
All the enemies from the final area remind me of Nobodies, the final boss reminds me of something outta Twilight Princess and looks nothing like any previous Dark Falz.. I guess it really isn't much a spoiler to say that a Phantasy Star game ends in a fight with Dark Falz, though

Aki_Yoruno
Jan 8, 2009, 11:16 PM
Haha, wanted to keep it a surprise even though I shoulda know he'd be in it again. Actually, I was thinking that it WOULD just end with MT, cuz I didn't hear anything other than that on the threads. But yeah, now that you guys mention it, it was like KH and TP. Did think it was a good challenge and demented/interesting enough.

SammaeltheDark
Jan 9, 2009, 11:45 AM
Haha, wanted to keep it a surprise even though I shoulda know he'd be in it again. Actually, I was thinking that it WOULD just end with MT, cuz I didn't hear anything other than that on the threads. But yeah, now that you guys mention it, it was like KH and TP. Did think it was a good challenge and demented/interesting enough.
I wouldn't say good challenge... just a challenge. Mother Trinity required more strategy and movement.. the final boss I mostly just stand there and wail on it.
But yeah, with everything else that was radically different with the story of PSZ I was half-expecting that he wouldn't actually show up until I beat Mother Trinity

Rina Rappy
Jan 9, 2009, 12:50 PM
Yeah I found Mother Trinity so much harder than the last boss.
First time in story mode I'd liked drained all my mates scraping a win against Trinity and thought I could relax... and was like "oh dear..." when I found there was another boss, but I beat him fine...

Akaimizu
Jan 9, 2009, 02:42 PM
I totally agree, Rina. I pretty much did the same thing.