PDA

View Full Version : Oh the terrible irony

Dre_o
Jan 7, 2009, 09:45 PM
I just knew this was going to happen sometime.

Anyways, I got a huge computer upgrade with which most of my older computer stuff won't work. That includes my scanner.

The point: I've drawn something that I'm actually proud of (not just the "yay I drew something!" pride) and.....well. Yea. My scanner doesn't work with my new comp.

Any suggestions for a inexpensive and yet still quality scanner that works with Vista?

Oh and just one thing:
inb4l0Lzun1nst411Vistan00b

I said it, now you don't have to.

Gentlemen
Jan 7, 2009, 11:18 PM
Well, look up your scanner and search for new software/drivers that are Vista compatible. Odds are the company updated their shit in the past few years. If not, any random printer/scanner combo at your local electronics department shouldn't run you more than 40 bucks.

qoxolg
Jan 8, 2009, 07:06 AM
inb4l0Lzun1nst411Vistan00b :wacko:

If you don't intend to color it digitally, I suggest to make a photo of it with a camera, that will most of the time look better than a scanner anyway.

Sayara
Jan 8, 2009, 02:40 PM
That's a horrible lie and you know it.

A Scanned work is 6000% better than a photograph of it.

Dre_o
Jan 8, 2009, 02:56 PM
Alright now. I've got my Tablet re-installed and ready to go. I've also managed to get the picture I wanted onto my computer (doesn't matter how I got it there), now I just need to get an art program.

I know I could go and buy something but on a college budget...well, I don't have that much money.

Alright I have another task for you guys!

Objective 2: Recommend your preferred art program. Free is preferred, but none the less, just throw it out. I don't want to go and Google this shit. I want opinions from people I know and can, hopefully, trust. :3

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 8, 2009, 03:02 PM
If you're looking for a free program, try Gimp, i've not tried myself, but they say that it's like Photoshop but free.

More info (http://www.gimp.org/)

qoxolg
Jan 8, 2009, 03:05 PM
If you can ever afford it: Photoshop CS3 or higher (older version crash alot :wacko:)

Free: You can try Gimp. I've never used it myself, but it should be good enough.