PDA

View Full Version : weapon types

Roam88
Jan 8, 2009, 04:36 PM
What kinds of weapons are there and who can use them?

xSHiNOx
Jan 8, 2009, 04:47 PM
Striking

* Sword
* Spear
* Saber
* Double Saber
* Claw
* Dagger
* Shield

Range

* Handgun
* Gunblade
* Machine Gun
* Launcher
* Rifle
* Bazooka

Force

* Wand
* Rod
* Slicer

they really depend on the weapons. some guns can be used by hunters and forces, etc

Shiroyu
Jan 8, 2009, 04:48 PM
You forgot the shield and gunslash.

Also, they aren't machine guns, just twin pistols. <_<

pikachief
Jan 8, 2009, 04:52 PM
so wait... there is no more shotguns!? ._.

.... :(

Roam88
Jan 8, 2009, 04:56 PM
cool thx one more question tho, I heard from some ppl that a magic person (newman or whatever) there attack strength is based on their MST is that true?

Shiroyu
Jan 8, 2009, 04:57 PM
IIRC some of the launchers look like the shots in PSO.

Also, bazookas no longer have AoE with normal attacks.

xSHiNOx
Jan 8, 2009, 04:58 PM
i dont think its true. i have a HUnewearl and her attacks depend on the weapon she uses. like, since im using a twin blade, it uses attack. now if i switch to my long staff, it uses MST if i want to use magic. it will be weak if i use the staff to attack melee style.

Shiroyu
Jan 8, 2009, 05:02 PM
I think Roam's talking about forces, not the newman race.

Roam88
Jan 8, 2009, 05:02 PM
k thx

Roam88
Jan 8, 2009, 05:04 PM
yea shiroyu,s got what I was trying to say

xSHiNOx
Jan 8, 2009, 05:06 PM
i still do not think a force's attack is based on mst. its more like the weapon. since they excel at magic, their default mst will be high. add a staff/wand/slicer and it will be even higher BUT that doesnt mean that the staff/wand/slicer will do a lot of damage if you attacked melee style with it. you got to have high attack for the staff/wand/slicer to do lots of damage IMO

Amherst_Wind
Jan 8, 2009, 05:08 PM

Firing a Gunslash = Shotgun from PSU

Roam88
Jan 8, 2009, 05:12 PM
u mean it has spread?

Amherst_Wind
Jan 8, 2009, 05:15 PM
It fires 3 bullets just like a regular shotgun in PSU does, if you're close to an enemy all 3 hits register, if you're further away you can aim and hit 3 different enemies. It really is a PSU shotgun.

Roam88
Jan 8, 2009, 05:19 PM
sounds overpowering IMO

xSHiNOx
Jan 8, 2009, 05:21 PM
i think the gunslashes are weak. the holding L and press attack to shoot or the 3 hit combos.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 8, 2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah, Gunslashes are versatile but they're weak point is they arent very powerful, using it as a melee weapon its effectively a Saber, 3 hits on a single enemy, but Gunslashes dont have as much ATP as most Sabers.

Nowhere
Jan 8, 2009, 05:39 PM
I found they have better PAs. The one that Kai uses, for example, is probably the best PA I've seen in the game. I think that's where the balance comes in. Plus, 3-shotting something does stacks of damage, it's a good finisher and you can't chain on the last hit anyway.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 8, 2009, 05:51 PM
Yeah, Assault Blast (I think) is amazing for bosses, also Zero Impact is a pretty good, both of those PAs have great % modifiers too. The only weak Gunslash PA is Bullet Dance, hard to aim and bad % modifiers.

Roam88
Jan 8, 2009, 08:52 PM
Hey are slicers any good?

xSHiNOx
Jan 8, 2009, 09:01 PM
they are a alternative to wands/staves and can be thrown like a boomerang

Roam88
Jan 8, 2009, 09:13 PM
But is it like the PSO slicers which weren't very good in any aspect of the game or what....

Shiroyu
Jan 8, 2009, 09:15 PM
After doing a quick test, apparently a force's attack IS based off of its mind stat.

I took my level 23 FOmarl to the first area on normal, Caduceus (rod) equipped. My stats were power = 103 and mind = 421. Normal attack hit a Gauru for roughly 80. Then I equipped the Tinkle Star (saber) and my stats changed to power = 217 and mind = 165. Normal attack hit a Gauru for roughly 40.

Equipped Miku's leek, changing my mind to 337 and power to 103, and I hit for roughly 70.

xSHiNOx
Jan 8, 2009, 09:58 PM
how about the % of damage to a certain species? did you count that?

Shiroyu
Jan 8, 2009, 10:35 PM
Gah, no, I did not.

But even then, the percentages wouldn't warrant double the damage with a rod than a sword when the sword roughly doubles my power.

Nowhere
Jan 8, 2009, 10:48 PM
Slicers are a good ranged option for forces. Since they're MST based, they're a better choice than a handgun. However, I find I hate using them because I spam a lot of techs and they don't give you a lot of MST. So it really depends on how you play.

The biggest problem with slicers has been completely solved: once you throw it, you can do whatever you want that doesn't involve a weapon, plus you can start charging your PA for when it returns. That's a pretty good deal.

Roam88
Jan 8, 2009, 11:16 PM
so when using a slicer u can't make it into a 3-hit combo?

xSHiNOx
Jan 8, 2009, 11:19 PM
no. how can you? its basically a boomerang type weapon. throw it and it comes back to you.

Roam88
Jan 8, 2009, 11:23 PM
well like in PSO u could combo it

Amherst_Wind
Jan 9, 2009, 09:18 AM
well like in PSO u could combo it

You can 3 hit combo a slicer, however the slicers attack pattern is... quite bizarre to say the least. Its hard to hit the same enemy 3 times.

Rina Rappy
Jan 9, 2009, 01:26 PM
Yeah attack again before the boomerang comes back to you and it'll loop round and hit the enemy again for up to a 3 combo hit

Roam88
Jan 13, 2009, 12:00 PM
what about the daggers?

vidokou
Jan 13, 2009, 12:24 PM
let's clarify this, force weapons do damage based on MST.
I can confirm this based on the fact that my HUcast does less damage with a slicer or wand than with plain fists.

Ken_Silver
Jan 20, 2009, 07:37 PM
So... not to revive a dead thread, but I don't want to create a new one.

Can a HUmar use a Gunslash/Gunblade? And is it a one-handed weapon?

xSHiNOx
Jan 20, 2009, 08:39 PM
yes they can and its basically a 1 handed sword with the ability to shoot

Amherst_Wind
Jan 21, 2009, 10:16 AM
And is it a one-handed weapon?

Just to be clear, PS Zero doesnt use the PSU sysytem of weapons, in other words you cant equip a main-hand and an off-hand weapon. If you equip a handgun thats all you equip, just like back in PSO. I have a feeling thats what you meant by your question, so no, I'm afraid you wont be using a handgun and a gunslash at the same time.

_Vyser_
Jan 21, 2009, 02:03 PM
Now that I think of it, that would be quite redundant to have a handgun in your left hand, and a gunslash in your right hand XD

Amherst_Wind
Jan 21, 2009, 02:57 PM
Now that I think of it, that would be quite redundant to have a handgun in your left hand, and a gunslash in your right hand XD

Ah... good point!

You might as well just use a Dual Gunslash... that would be so cool <3

_Vyser_
Jan 21, 2009, 03:44 PM
Ah... good point!

You might as well just use a Dual Gunslash... that would be so cool <3

So basically twin sabers with guns...I'M IN! >:O

deso123
Jan 24, 2009, 09:03 PM
whats a launcher? is that a spread? i hope it is i like not having to aim and raping rooms

xSHiNOx
Jan 24, 2009, 09:10 PM
maybe he meant bazooka.

Hozanto
Jan 24, 2009, 09:38 PM

shotguns are on the end of the gunblade you just hold left trigger then push the attack button.

Hozanto
Jan 24, 2009, 09:42 PM
so when using a slicer u can't make it into a 3-hit combo?

the slicer is has a 3 hit combo, it about the timing your character basicly controls it

Hozanto
Jan 24, 2009, 09:45 PM
You can 3 hit combo a slicer, however the slicers attack pattern is... quite bizarre to say the least. Its hard to hit the same enemy 3 times.

you have to wait til you see a miss or a hit on it before you push the attack buttom but its unwise fight close with because the slicers starts to return after hitting its target

Hozanto
Jan 24, 2009, 09:48 PM
whats a launcher? is that a spread? i hope it is i like not having to aim and raping rooms
The laucher is a lazer cannon you fire it like the spread shot PSO but it shoots a lazer beam that passes through monsters like in PSU

Hozanto
Jan 24, 2009, 09:52 PM
while im answering all these questions (hope its helping) but with the gunblade, you can tie in shotgun shots from at the end or the combo. for example:
shoot-slash-slash or slash-slash-shot its affective because the shotgun on the gunblade hit it 3 times for each bullet + the combo, meaning its more affective then the regular combo
(if any of this helps)

Ken_Silver
Jan 24, 2009, 10:59 PM
yes they can and its basically a 1 handed sword with the ability to shoot

Just to be clear, PS Zero doesnt use the PSU sysytem of weapons, in other words you cant equip a main-hand and an off-hand weapon. If you equip a handgun thats all you equip, just like back in PSO. I have a feeling thats what you meant by your question, so no, I'm afraid you wont be using a handgun and a gunslash at the same time.

Thanks for answering my questions. I am glad that I got this game before the NA release. I'm going to play it and have fun, then buy the English version. Thanks again.

Caesera
Jan 24, 2009, 11:46 PM
can you switch your weapons during the fight like in PSU cuz that'd be awesome, and if you can how many can you hold in the pallet? Also are the daggers twin daggers or just single

xSHiNOx
Jan 25, 2009, 02:12 AM
can you switch your weapons during the fight like in PSU cuz that'd be awesome, and if you can how many can you hold in the pallet? Also are the daggers twin daggers or just single
R+start

deso123
Jan 25, 2009, 09:50 AM
The laucher is a lazer cannon you fire it like the spread shot PSO but it shoots a lazer beam that passes through monsters like in PSU

So only the beam and no spread shotguns like in PSO? I accidentally deleted my ranger just now. Level 15 and I wasn't having much fun with it. The guns got old including the beam weapon it was more of a railgun and was only effective with enemies lined up behind each other which is rare. I'm gonna make maybe a force or force hunter if there's no spread weapon for rangers. Can someone confirm this for me? :O

psofan219
Jan 25, 2009, 03:21 PM
Hey all, I don't play PSZ yet, but looking forward to soon enough. I was in the YouTube department, and I found that Mario and Samus Aran have a tie-in with this game. Not sure if it's actually true or not, but if you don't believe me, here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lfX_-Et_lw&NR=1

Not sure if anyone has found these weapons yet, but it's kinda cool to see two of my favorite characters have a tie-in with a really great game.

landman
Jan 25, 2009, 03:58 PM
R+start
lol I didn't know about shortcut menus xD still is not a pallet, or an action shortcut, you have to stop, enter the menu, chose the item... so no, it's not even like in PSO, so it's far from similar to PSU

Callous
Jan 25, 2009, 04:42 PM
So only the beam and no spread shotguns like in PSO? I accidentally deleted my ranger just now. Level 15 and I wasn't having much fun with it. The guns got old including the beam weapon it was more of a railgun and was only effective with enemies lined up behind each other which is rare. I'm gonna make maybe a force or force hunter if there's no spread weapon for rangers. Can someone confirm this for me? :O
I have a level 77 Ranger and am feeling much the same thing. Without a spread my ranger feels quite redundant. Doesn't do much damage and isn't even that great at dishing out status effects.